PDA

View Full Version : How do you Beat Chupon!?!?!

xtreme112
01-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Ok, this is like the third time I've played through FFVI, but the first time I never made it to the WOR (it was on PS, I couldn't be bothered) but the thing about the colloseum has got me...how are you supposed to beat chupon anyway!? Whenever I fight that it just throws me straight out of the fight with it's sneeze thing. If anyone could spare me the knowledge it would be greatly appreciated

Crossblades
01-09-2006, 03:23 AM
He can't be beat

blackmage_nuke
01-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Well your best bet to beat him is to either have enough speed to get the first show where you need to do 10000 damage, using offering with gengi glove will give you 8 attack which means if you can deal atleast 1250 damage each attack you can kill it before it gets a chance to use sneeze, of course you could also equip two doom darts which gives you a higher chance of casting doom on him

but getting the first hit is hard and chances are unless your at a high level the only way to get the first hit is with a pre-emptive strike and you need to get quite lucky to get one of those.

but why do you want to beat chupon the items usaully you get from him with betting are just elixers or something

Slade
01-09-2006, 04:36 AM
What I want to know is how the hell do you fight anything else apart from Chupon? He's all I get everytime I enter. I've tried countless items. I gave up the colleseum a long time ago because of this.

blackmage_nuke
01-09-2006, 04:52 AM
chupon only comes when you bet worthless items that will give you elixers

if you bet something worthwhile like a good weapon or something you'll fight something else

Slade
01-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Okay. Thanks. I probably was only betting crappy items.

Neco Arc
01-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Ok, this is like the third time I've played through FFVI, but the first time I never made it to the WOR (it was on PS, I couldn't be bothered) but the thing about the colloseum has got me...how are you supposed to beat chupon anyway!? Whenever I fight that it just throws me straight out of the fight with it's sneeze thing. If anyone could spare me the knowledge it would be greatly appreciated

vanish - doom

blackmage_nuke
01-09-2006, 09:10 AM
you cant control your players in the coleseum, so unless you get really lucky and your player casts vanish on the enemy (which it would never do) then doom that strategy wont work (if only it did)

Neco Arc
01-09-2006, 11:09 AM
you cant control your players in the coleseum, so unless you get really lucky and your player casts vanish on the enemy (which it would never do) then doom that strategy wont work (if only it did)

sorry... i misread his post. i thought he was talking about the first time you fight him in the airship...

Christmas
01-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I beat him once when he didn't sneeze at the begining for reason unknown. Atma Weapon plus Offerings. I dun remember if I used Genji gloves too.

xtreme112
01-10-2006, 07:53 AM
What I want to know is how the hell do you fight anything else apart from Chupon? He's all I get everytime I enter. I've tried countless items. I gave up the colleseum a long time ago because of this.

yeah I got sick of that too and haven't been since, but I'm too scared to gamble big stuff lol

NeoCracker
01-10-2006, 08:08 AM
There is a small chance he won't sneeze, but don't count on it

Nightmare X
01-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Overlevel.

A lot.

ljkkjlcm9
01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
yeah I got sick of that too and haven't been since, but I'm too scared to gamble big stuff lol
save then go in and gamble, if you lose, reset the game, it's not that difficult

THE JACKEL

yuno
01-23-2006, 07:42 AM
real easiest answer:shadow.why?

>shadow has got speed (38 base,2nd only to locke's 40)

so why not use locke?because of this.

>shadow can equip stunner (stop dagger) while locke cannot

btw,chupon is weak against stop.should the stunner trigger a stop (high probability) and you dont get too unlucky (shadow casts silence for 10 consecutive turns,for example),chupon will be down in no time at all.

blackmage_nuke
01-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Not sure if this would work, but you could make gogo's only move sketch, hope he/she doesnt use mimic and maybe Chupon would get sneezed

speaking of which does the Relm sketch bug apply to Gogo's sketch?

edit: oops my mistake, sketching chupon only gets you to attack

JFA_bobguy
02-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I have beaten Chupon in the Colosseum before. How? Dumb luck.

I used Setzer with a Wall Ring and an Offering. You have to luck out and have Chupon not use Sneeze on turn 1. Then Setzer used Berserk and the Wall Ring put it on Chupon. Meaning he can't do anything but attack for a period of time. After that just hope Setzer does enough damage to finish him off. I used Fixed Dice as his weapon for this battle.

An Elixir is your reward. Not really worth it, but at least you can pat yourself on the back for beating Chupon in the toughest of circumstances.

Captain Maxx Power
02-04-2006, 12:25 AM
You don't beat Chupon, CHUPON BEATS YOU!!! :radred:

Zeromus
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I remember I once defeated Chupon... but I can't remember what I did to defeat him... It's been a while... =P

But he is "defeatable" hehe... if that word exists... xD!

Hexarar
03-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I found it very nice to be able to bet potions for elixirs. I ended up having 99 of elixirs. It's all about (as said before) Genji glove+Offering combo, equipping Shadow with Stunner and best knife available (can he equip Gradeus, or can you get another Stunner?), then PRAYING for Pre-emptive attack. Or, if you're emulating, just save before betting the item and load, if you're not first.