PDA

View Full Version : Hero Grand Tournament Round 17: Celes vs. Taki

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-09-2006, 05:54 AM
It's finally here. For those unfamiliar with the Grand Tournament, basically this is a story-like tournament written by myself (the extra writers didn't really work out so I'm scrapping that idea). It pits two characters, in this case from different games, against each other and is written out in story form, the winner being chosen by a comprehensively studied list of abilities and calculations of how the abilities would work in a fantastical realism setting.

Fantastical realism means that all characters have access to their abilities. However, the abilities are executed in such a way as to fit in a realistic setting and are powered down if they involve something rediculously cataclysmic such as Sephiroth's Supernova. The damage people can take is calculated by realistic factors, i.e. what would happen if someone was shot, burned, or whatever. Character toughness is taken into account, and since they are considered extraordinary characters, so they can survive things that others might not be able to.

This is the Hero Grand Tournament. Any character that is accessible and could be considered a "hero" in a game is usable in this tournament. This includes people that join your party or fight with you but do not actually join. A new ruling from the old SE Grand Tournaments makes both Beatrix and Riku Heroes and votable for this tournament.

So here are the rules. All new bettors get 5,000 gold, which can be bet on either of the two combatants. Please, only bet on the combatants that are fighting in the next round, and PM me your bet so I can keep a running total on my own computer. After betting, make a post that says you have confirmed your bet, so that people have an idea of who is betting.

Those who have bet in prior tournaments may carry over the money they had already had. Furthermore, players who have characters in either the fantasy or Sci-Fi Grand Tournaments gain 2,000 gold per character they own. So if you own 3 characters, you get 6,000 extra, in addition to the 5,000 for this tournament and what you already had.

Pairs are not permitted, all fighters are seperate. Do not vote for the same person who appears in two different games (for example, don't vote for Cloud from both FFVII AND Kingdom Hearts)

Money earned in this tournament is applicable in any Fantasy or Sci-Fi Grand Tournament held in the Writing Section.

I am opening up the initial betting, which will remain open for a week. You may vote for up to 30 Hero characters from any video game you want. I reserve the right to rule out characters that don't fit with the basic Hero criteria, and I reserve the right to request information on the character. For ease of compiling, please put the game they star in next to their name. For example, votes would look like this:

1. Link, Legend of Zelda
2. Laharl, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
3. Riku, Kingdom Hearts
4. Samus, Metroid
5. Master Chief, Halo
6. X, Megaman X
7. Fei, Xenogears

And so on. Any and all games are open, but if I can't find a reasonable strategy guide or description on what they can do, I will more than likely throw them out. Any characters that have multiple incarnations I will allow for more focused voting on after the final contestants have been compiled. There will be 64 contestants, broken into an A and B bracket. Seeding will be random.

Voting for characters opens now.

Pheesh
01-09-2006, 07:26 AM
1. Riku, Kingdom Hearts
2. Kratos, God of War
3. Spiderman, Spiderman (?)
4. Liu Kang, Mortal Kombat
5. Tombi, Tombi
6. Knuckles, Sonic the Hedgehog
7. King Kong, King Kong: the game
8. Hwoarang, Tekken

I'll edit in more when i think of them.

Stay Essential
EE

raskerino
01-10-2006, 12:17 AM
I think I have 116,000 as I didn't bet much last tournament.
I can give info on any character that I vote for.

1.Squall (FFVIII)
2.Cloud (FFVII)
3.Zidane (FFIX)
4.Tidus (FFX)
5.Ramza (FFT)
6.Cecil (FFIV)
7.Yuri Hyuga (SH+SH2)
8.Karin Kroenig (SH2)
9.Ico (ICO)
10.James Bond (just to toss in a different type of character)
11.Ash (VH)
12.Mario
13.Luigi
14.Link
15.Pacman (Obviously going to win)

EDIT: Stupid me...
16.Crono
17.Serge

ApocalypticLeon
01-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Nice, another chance to bankrupt myself.

1. Squall (FFVIII)
2. Leon (Kingdom Hearts)
3. Hector (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness)
4. Leon (Castlevania: Lament of Innocence)
5. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King)
Yeah, Gandalf'll whoop ass. Come on? Who in the heck could bead an Istari? 'sides, Glamdring is just badass.

... Yeah, that will about do it.

Mercen-X
01-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Hector (Castlevania: Curse of Darkness)
The Guv/Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII)
Akhagi/Mizuki (Suikoden IV)
Fayt/Albel (Star Ocean: Til the End of Time)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)
"Jr." Rubedo (Xenosaga)
Mugen/Jin (Samurai Champloo)
Luffy/Zolo/Sanji (Onepiece)
Inuyasha/Sango (InuYasha)
Trunks (Dragonball Z: Budokai)
Edward/Alphonse (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Jin Kazama (Tekken 3)
Siegfried/Kilik (Soul Calibur 3)
Robin (Teen Titans)
Yo-Yo Yoko (Ehrgeiz)
Orphen (Orphen: Scion of Sorcery)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-11-2006, 03:09 AM
This is voting for characters to fight in the tournament. There will be 64 combatants.

Oh yes, no pairs and they must have appeared in some game that you can cite. Some of those I'm not so sure have actually been in a video game.

Finally, only one of each character (no Cloud and KH Cloud, just get Cloud).

Rase
01-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Okay, here we go:

1. Freedan (Illusion of Gaia)
2. Link (Legend of Zelda)
3. Cecil (Final Fantasy IV)
4. Rydia (Final Fantasy IV)
5. Shadow (Illusion of Gaia)
6. Mario (Super Mario RPG)
7. Bowser (Super Mario RPG). Okay, for this, I'm basing it of the whole "If they join your party" thing, as Bowser does in Super Mario RPG. If this doesn't work, I'll replace him.
8. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
9. Soma (Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow)
10. Samus (Metroid)
11. Kirby (Kirby)
12. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
13. Knuckles (Sonic)
14. Cyber Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
15. Master Chief (Halo) [is shot]
16. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
17. Death's Hand (Jade Empire)

If I think of anymore, I'll add them. If none work, or you need more info on them, just let me know. :)

KentaRawr!
01-11-2006, 07:57 PM
1. Kirby (Kirby Series)
2. Malon (Zelda: OoT)
3. Romani (Zelda: MM)
4. Tails (Sonic Series)
5. Klonoa (Klonoa Series)
6. (IF MMORPG characters count...) Nico (PSO. Blue short hair, blue eyes, blue suit, 5'7.)

The Triumphant Hero
01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
1. Taki (Soul Calibur III)
2. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
3. Cloud (FFVII)
4. Homard (La Pucelle)
5. Prier (La Pucelle)
6. Alouette (La Pucelle)
7. Link (Legend of Zelda)
8. Tidus (FFX)
9. Auron (FFX)
10. Ratchet (Ratchet: Deadlocked)

Mercen-X
01-11-2006, 11:32 PM
The Prince (Two Thrones)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Mile (the Legend of Heroes)
Michel (the Legend of Heroes)
Viewtiful Joe
Kameo
Zero (Megaman series)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
I know they are considered different characters but for the sake of variety I refuse to have two of essentially the same person.

Plus I usually give characters the abilities from all of the games they've appeared in anyway, so Cloud may just pull some KH moves.

Zante
01-12-2006, 07:54 AM
1/Gogo (FFVI)
2/Vincent (FFVII)
3/Cloud (FFVII)
4/Sephiroth (FFVII)
4/Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone)
6/Darth Vader (SW:Empires at War)
5/Pac Man (Pac Man)
6/Mario (Mario series)

Might ad more later.

Mercen-X
01-12-2006, 10:05 PM
HEROES, dude!!!! :rolleyes2

Darth Vader? Sephiroth? C'mon, give me a break. Anakin Skywalker is the only heroic version of Darth Vader. The only heroic thing Vade ever did was to save Luke. I know Seph was the Legend of the Ten-Year War. But the only people who called him hero were Cloud and Zack and they were just dumb kids.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Jak

PramTheOracle
01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
http://www.gameflaws.com/cavestory/siteimages/quotepor.gif<--Him, Quote,
http://www.gameflaws.com/cavestory/siteimages/curlypor.gif<--Curly Brace and..
http://www.gameflaws.com/cavestory/siteimages/balrogchar.gif<-Balrog.

Zante
01-13-2006, 11:52 AM
You just said what makes those two heroes, plus a hero doesn't necesary have to be good, imho. But whatewer, if Void sais they don't count, I'm not going to argue.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-13-2006, 04:25 PM
By heroes, I'm saying generally good characters. Vader is out because he's considered a villain and will thus be in the Villain Grand Tournament. Sephiroth is DEFINITELY out because he's an event join that you can't control and eventually have to fight at the end, kind of like Edea and Seifer.

And I have no idea who any of the ones that Pram posted are.

Mercen-X
01-14-2006, 11:06 PM
www.gameflaws.com/cavestory/characters

What is Cave Story?

A somewhat new sidescrolling game from Pixel. The gameplay plays like a combination of various NES/Famicom games like Metroid, Castlevania, Megaman, Blaster Master, and Monster Mash.

According to the site, Quote is a robot and Curly Brace is his sidekick.
Balrog is some kind of blocky henchman of the bad guy so he is disqualified anyway.

I’d gladly vote for Quote if I hadn’t used up all mine.

raskerino
01-14-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm assuming the answer is no way (duh) but hear me through:

In Shadow of the Colossus the main guy lets out the creature Dormin, so the seals holding it in were arguably the good guys. Thus the main Colossus (16th) could be considered the ultimate hero- though that game didn't really have a hero. I know this doesn't make much sense but I think it would be cool to have a colossi anyone of them in this tournament, whether it makes sense or not.

Mercen-X
01-14-2006, 11:50 PM
No.

There have been only 79 acceptable submissions so far and the most popular characters have been Cloud, Mario, Sora, Link, & Crono.

That little piece of Trivia doesn't mean anything. I just thought someone might like to know.

Pheesh
01-15-2006, 02:50 AM
actually, sora's only been voted once. Knuckles is more popular than him at this stage.

Stay Essential
EE

Raistlin
01-15-2006, 05:17 AM
You have to have at least a few characters from good RPGs.

1. Flik (Suikoden II)
2. Viktor (Suikoden II)
3. Luc (Suikoden II)
4. Jowy (Suikoden II)
5. McDohl (Suikoden I/II - he's available in II with the same magic and stuff, so whichever)
6. Geddoe (Suikoden III)
7. Alex (Lunar: SSSC)
8. Ghaleon (Lunar: SSSC)*
9. Orlandu/T.G. Cid (FFT)
10. Since Dr Unne probably won't ever see this, I'm going to vote Black Wizard from FF1 for him.

*Might not be applicable, but you DO control him for a while. And he's a badass mage character.

I Took the Red Pill
01-15-2006, 06:03 AM
1. Serge (Chrono Cross)
2. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)
3. Auron (FFX)
4. Cloud (FF7)
5. Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: TTEOT)
6. Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
7. Dante (Devil May Cry)
8. Yangus (DragonQuest VIII)
9. Montblanc (FFTA: Advance)
10. Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber Series)

Neco Arc
01-15-2006, 06:05 AM
(SD3 stands for Seiken Densetsu 3; BOF stands for Breath of Fire)

1) Hawk (SD3) - Nightblade
2) Duran (SD3) - Duelist or Paladin
3) Kevin (SD3) - Death Hand or Dervish
4) Angela (SD3) - Grand Devina or Rune Master
5) Lise (SD3) - Fenrir Knight, Star Lancer or Dragon Master
6) Carlie (SD3) - Bishop or Necromancer
7) Ryu (BOF2)
8) Bleu (BOF2)
9) Ark (Terranigma)
10) Issac (Golden Sun 1 & 2)
11) Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
12) Celes (FFVI)
13) Terra (FFVI)
14) Megaman (Megaman X series)
15) Zero (Megaman X series)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-15-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm going to allow the Collosi for the Villain Grand Tournament and the main character as a hero from Shadow of the Collosus.

?????
01-15-2006, 08:57 AM
This sounds more like a popularity contest than an actual contest of strength to me, because a contest of strength isn't decided by votes, but by power. If you want to hold a realistic power contest, you must require people to post a rational justification for their choice, and you must also allow for uber-powerful moves. Fighters in real life don't hold back their strongest moves just because it wouldn't be fair. Take Mitsurugi from the Soul Edge/Calibur series. He's an excellent martial artist with a sweet collection of swords, but he isn't going to win against Sephiroth, unless he's been severely nerfed, as he was in Ehrgeiz and Itadaki Street Special for the sake of game mechanics. He couldn't win against a non-nerfed Link, either; the amount of force it takes to push stone blocks of the sheer size that Link manages would automatically net him the world bench-pressing record literally hundreds of times over. (I have taken density into account, based on the architectural styles of several of the temples, but even if the stone were of the lightest density found in geology, the end result would still come out in Link's favor.) In a realistic rendition of Soul Calibur II, Link would easily and invariably wipe the floor with every single combatant in the series, suffering a few scratches at the most. Spawn could perhaps defeat him; I'm unfamiliar with Spawn's canon abilities save for his large axe, but comic books tend to feature unbelievably powerful characters as a matter of course.

As far as "realistic" factors go, some characters are explicitly depicted surviving multiple gunshots, directed energy hits, very powerful magic attacks, stabbings, and so forth without any substantial decrease in their combat abilities, because they're just that damned tough. Characters in fighting games might be strong, but most of them can't survive a direct attack from an arrow or a gun. I believe the term you're looking for is analysis by "suspension of disbelief" where the story in question is treated as documentary footage. As far as games go, everything that happens in real time is considered to be valid evidence to demonstrate a character's strength.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-15-2006, 09:15 AM
One of the reasons why some characters defeat others is because they are indeed more powerful than the others. That's just the way it goes. I take into consideration what all of the characters do and portray it in as best a way as is possible. I've done it before, I will do it again, people will disagree with some of my decisions but since I'm the one choosing the write the story I claim the ability to be able to interpret character abilities as I will.

I generally don't have characters "hold back" more than need be. They fight at the level they need to fight to win, which may be less than what they are capable of. If you can defeat your opponent with a quarter of your energy, why use it all?

And I know characters are explicitly described as surviving such attacks. I also know that if you get shot or stabbed in an FMV, you die, even if you'd just survived all sorts of horrid attacks just prior to the moment.

The way I generally choose to interpret a character's toughness is their ability to turn aside a fatal blow. If any character gets hit in the heart, I still consider it to be pretty much fatal. That doesn't mean that characters aren't skilled enough to dodge or block, however.

?????
01-15-2006, 05:16 PM
One of the reasons why some characters defeat others is because they are indeed more powerful than the others. That's just the way it goes. I take into consideration what all of the characters do and portray it in as best a way as is possible. I've done it before, I will do it again, people will disagree with some of my decisions but since I'm the one choosing the write the story I claim the ability to be able to interpret character abilities as I will.

I generally don't have characters "hold back" more than need be. They fight at the level they need to fight to win, which may be less than what they are capable of. If you can defeat your opponent with a quarter of your energy, why use it all?

And I know characters are explicitly described as surviving such attacks. I also know that if you get shot or stabbed in an FMV, you die, even if you'd just survived all sorts of horrid attacks just prior to the moment.

The way I generally choose to interpret a character's toughness is their ability to turn aside a fatal blow. If any character gets hit in the heart, I still consider it to be pretty much fatal. That doesn't mean that characters aren't skilled enough to dodge or block, however.

Fair enough. Though characters don't always die from being shot or stabbed in a vital organ, even in FMVs, but in those cases they usually end up knocked out, which could be counted as a victory.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-15-2006, 06:22 PM
If you'll read over some of my past tournaments, characters don't always die.

Although the villains usually kill each other. All that power + no desire to keep an opponent alive does much for the death rate.

Suikojowy
01-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I trust that this won't just turn into a popularity contest and will indeed be very fun. Hopefully this will be like the rpgdl, in which people actually seem to vote for who would win rather than their favourite character.

EDIT: Ah nm. I mis-read, this won't be a voting thing ^_^.

1. Tir McDohl (Suikoden 1/2) - High Speed and a very accurate insta-death skill which most PC's would be vulnerable to. If his "hell" skill is banned, he also has "judgement" which is also pretty devastating. Did I mention his high speed?
2. Ryu (BoF3 version) - Going for bof3 because his dragon transformations in this game are a lot more versatile and powerful. He also has the ability to heal.
3. Yuna (FFX) - It all depends if she's allowed to summon. With healing, powerful summons at her disposal and a potent attack spell I don't see her doing too badly.
4. Beatrix (FFIX) - Strong fighter. Good Seiken techniques and the ability to keep herself healed easily.
. Yuri (Shadow Hearts) - Devastating fusions. Namely Amon and Seraphic Radiance
5. T.G Cid (FFT) - Awesome stats and a wide variety of sword skills.
6. Ryudo (Grandia II) - Strong sword skills, as well as a powerful sword (granasaber). Not only that but he has a variety of spells at his disposal.
7. Riou (Suikoden 2) - Very agile and skilled. He also various healing and support spells to back him up (and one very powerful attack spell).
8. Crono (CT) - A brilliant all rounder. Although he is hindered by his limitation to thunder magic.
9. Zidane (ff9) :rolleyes2 even if he'd get slaughtered i'm nominating him purely because I like him. Sorry

I'll be adding more later.

Sorry if I wasn't allowed to add the little write ups. I'd just like to give my nomination reasons.

Zante
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Hm, just an idea, maybie this thread should be stickied? Anyways, some more chars.

7/Shinobi (Shinobi)
8/Yoshi (Yoshis island)
9/Kirby (Kirby's dreamland)
10/Kyle Katarn (Jedi outcast)
11/Link (Zelda series)
12/Sam Fisher (Splinter cell)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-18-2006, 06:08 AM
I'll sticky it up now and leave voting open one more week. Since I want a diverse amount of combatants. Like Laharl-sama.

Mercen-X
01-22-2006, 11:17 PM

Changing my votes . . .

1. Spiderman
2. Kirby
3. Laharl
4. Viewtiful Joe
Kingdom Hearts
5. Riku
6. Sora (II)
Sonic the Hedgehog
7. Knuckles
Final Fantasy
8. Beatrix (IX)
9. Squall (VIII)
10. Zidane (IX)
11. Tidus (X)
12. Auron (X)
13. T.G. Cid (T)
14. Cecil (IV)
Chrono
15. Serge (C)
Shadow Hearts
16. Yuri (1/2)
Mario Brothers
17. Mario
Castlevania
18. Hector (CoD)
Megaman
19. Zero
Suikoden
20. Tir McDohl (II)
Teen Titans
21. Robin
Prince of Persia
22. The Prince
Xenosaga
23. "Jr." Rubedo
Tekken
24. Hwoarang (4)
Soul Edge/Calibur
25. Siegfried (III)
Dragon Quest
26. The Guv (VIII)
27. Angelo (VIII)
Star Ocean
28. Fayt Leingod (TtEoT)
29. Albel Nox (TtEoT)
InuYasha
30. Inuyasha

Omitted past selections . . .

Akhagi/Mizuki (Suikoden IV)
Mugen/Jin (Samurai Champloo)
Luffy/Zolo/Sanji (Onepiece)
Sango (InuYasha)
Time Traveling Trunks (Dragonball Z: Budokai)
Edward/Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Jin Kazama (Tekken 3)
Kilik (Soul Calibur 3)
Yo-Yo Yoko (Ehrgeiz)
Orphen (Orphen: Scion of Sorcery)
Mile/Michel (the Legend of Heroes)
Kameo

Taiyou
01-23-2006, 11:59 PM
1. Laharl (Makai Senki Disgaea)
2. Celes (FFVI)
3. Terra (FFVI)
4. Gogo (FFVI)
5. Vincent (FFVII)
6. Ramza Beoulve (FFT)
7. Rydia (FFIV)
8. Luigi (Any SMB)
9. Shadow (Illusion of Gaea)
10. Donkey Kong (Any DK)
11. Earthworm Jim
12. Freedan (Illusion of Gaea)
13. Leon (Castlevania: LoI)
14. Taki (Soul Caliber III)
15. Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat)
16. Ichigo (Random Bleach games)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Votes:

1. Spiderman 3 votes
2. Kirby 4 votes
3. Laharl 2 votes
4. Viewtiful Joe
5. Riku 2 votes
6. Sora (II) 2 votes
7. Knuckles 3 votes
8. Beatrix (IX) 2 votes
9. Squall (VIII) 3 votes
10. Zidane (IX) 2 votes
11. Tidus (X) 3 votes
12. Auron (X) 3 votes
13. T.G. Cid (T) 3 votes
14. Cecil (IV) 3 votes
15. Serge (C) 3 votes
16. Yuri (1/2) 3 votes
17. Mario 4 votes
18. Hector (CoD) 2 votes
19. Zero 2 votes
20. Tir McDohl (II) 3 votes
21. Robin
22. The Prince
23. "Jr." Rubedo
24. Hwoarang (4) 2 votes
25. Siegfried (III)
26. The Guv (VIII)
27. Angelo (VIII)
28. Fayt Leingod (TtEoT) 2 votes
29. Albel Nox (TtEoT)
30. Inuyasha
31. Shinobi
32. Yoshi
33. Kyle Katarn
34. Link 4 votes
35. Sam Fisher
36. Ryu (BoF) 2 votes
37. Yuna
38. Ryudo
39. Riou
40. Crono 4 votes
41. Zidane 2 votes
42. Hawk (SD3) - Nightblade
43. Duran (SD3) - Duelist or Paladin
44. Kevin (SD3) - Death Hand or Dervish
45. Angela (SD3) - Grand Devina or Rune Master
46. Lise (SD3) - Fenrir Knight, Star Lancer or Dragon Master
47. Carlie (SD3) - Bishop or Necromancer
48. Bleu (BOF2)
49. Ark (Terranigma)
50. Earthworm Jim 2 votes
51. Cloud (FF7) 4 votes
52. Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank) 2 votes
53. Dante (Devil May Cry)
54. Yangus (DragonQuest VIII)
55. Montblanc (FFTA: Advance)
56. Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber Series)
57. Issac (Golden Sun 1 & 2)
58. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) 2 votes
59. Celes (FFVI) 2 votes
60. Terra (FFVI) 2 votes
61. Megaman (Megaman X series)
62. Flik (Suikoden II)
63. Viktor (Suikoden II)
64. Luc (Suikoden II)
65. Jowy (Suikoden II)
66. Geddoe (Suikoden III)
67. Alex (Lunar: SSSC)
68. Ghaleon (Lunar: SSSC)*
69. Black Mage
70. Quote
71. Curly Brace
72. Balrog
73. Gogo (FFVI) 2 votes
74. Vincent (FFVII) 2 votes
75. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone)
76. Pac Man (Pac Man) 2 votes
77. Taki (Soul Calibur III) 2 votes
78. Homard (La Pucelle)
79. Prier (La Pucelle)
80. Alouette (La Pucelle)
81. Malon (Zelda: OoT)
82. Romani (Zelda: MM)
83. Tails (Sonic Series)
84. Klonoa (Klonoa Series)
85. Freedan (Illusion of Gaia) 2 votes
86. Ramza (FFT) 2 votes
87. Rydia (Final Fantasy IV) 2 votes
88. Shadow (Illusion of Gaia) 2 votes
89. Bowser (Super Mario RPG).
90. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
91. Soma (Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow)
92. Samus (Metroid)
93. Cyber Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
94. Master Chief (Halo) [is shot]
95. Death's Hand (Jade Empire)
96. Leon (Castlevania: Lament of Innocence) 2 votes
97. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King)
98. Ico (ICO)
99. James Bond (just to toss in a different type of character)
110. Ash (VH)
111. Luigi 2 votes
112. Kratos, God of War
113. Liu Kang, Mortal Kombat 2 votes
114. Tombi, Tombi
115. King Kong, King Kong: the game
116. Ichigo (Bleach)

All right, so the characters we KNOW will be in this.

1. Spiderman 3 votes
2. Kirby 4 votes
3. Riku 2 votes
4. Sora (II) 2 votes
5. Knuckles 3 votes
6. Beatrix (IX) 2 votes
7. Zidane (IX) 2 votes
8. Tidus (X) 3 votes
9. Auron (X) 3 votes
10. T.G. Cid (T) 3 votes
11. Yuri (1/2) 3 votes
12. Cecil (IV) 3 votes
13. Serge (C) 3 votes
14. Mario 4 votes
15. Hector (CoD) 2 votes
16. Zero 2 votes
17. Tir McDohl (II) 3 votes
18. Fayt Leingod (TtEoT) 2 votes
19. Link 4 votes
20. Ryu (BoF) 2 votes
21. Crono 4 votes
22. Zidane 2 votes
23. Cloud (FF7) 4 votes
24. Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank) 2 votes
25. Pac Man (Pac Man) 2 votes
26. Squall (FFVIII) 2 votes
27. Hwoarang (4) 2 votes
28. Laharl 2 votes
29. Celes (FFVI) 2 votes
30. Terra (FFVI) 2 votes
31. Gogo (FFVI) 2 votes
32. Vincent (FFVII) 2 votes
33. Ramza (FFT) 2 votes
34. Rydia (Final Fantasy IV) 2 votes
35. Shadow (Illusion of Gaia) 2 votes
36. Luigi 2 votes
37. Liu Kang, Mortal Kombat 2 votes
38. Earthworm Jim 2 votes
39. Taki (Soul Calibur III) 2 votes
40. Freedan (Illusion of Gaia) 2 votes
41. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) 2 votes
42. Leon (Castlevania: Lament of Innocence) 2 votes

And now for the tiebreaker. We still have 22 slots that need to be filled. So now, please vote on 11 of the characters presented here in the tiebreaker match.

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Robin
3. The Prince (Prince of Persia)
4. "Jr." Rubedo
5. Siegfried (SC III)
6. The Guv (DQ VIII)
7. Angelo (DQ VIII)
8. Inuyasha
9. Shinobi
10. Yoshi
11. Kyle Katarn
12. Sam Fisher
13. Yuna
14. Ryudo
15. Riou
16. Hawk (SD3) - Nightblade
17. Duran (SD3) - Duelist or Paladin
18. Kevin (SD3) - Death Hand or Dervish
19. Angela (SD3) - Grand Devina or Rune Master
20. Lise (SD3) - Fenrir Knight, Star Lancer or Dragon Master
21. Carlie (SD3) - Bishop or Necromancer
22. Bleu (BOF2)
23. Ark (Terranigma)
24. Dante (Devil May Cry)
25. Yangus (DragonQuest VIII)
26. Montblanc (FFTA: Advance)
27. Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber Series)
28. Issac (Golden Sun 1 & 2)
29. Megaman (Megaman X series)
30. Flik (Suikoden II)
31. Viktor (Suikoden II)
32. Luc (Suikoden II)
33. Jowy (Suikoden II)
34. Geddoe (Suikoden III)
35. Alex (Lunar: SSSC)
36. Ghaleon (Lunar: SSSC)*
37. Black Mage
38. Quote
39. Curly Brace
40. Balrog
41. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone)
42. Homard (La Pucelle)
43. Prier (La Pucelle)
44. Alouette (La Pucelle)
45. Malon (Zelda: OoT)
46. Romani (Zelda: MM)
47. Tails (Sonic Series)
48. Klonoa (Klonoa Series)
49. Bowser (Super Mario RPG).
50. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
60. Soma (Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow)
61. Samus (Metroid)
62. Cyber Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
63. Master Chief (Halo) [is shot]
64. Death's Hand (Jade Empire)
65. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King)
66. Ico (ICO)
67. James Bond (just to toss in a different type of character)
68. Ash (VH)
69. Kratos, God of War
70. Tombi, Tombi
71. King Kong, King Kong: the game
72. Ichigo (Bleach)

Rase
01-24-2006, 12:37 AM
11. Cecil (IV) 3 votes
12. Serge (C) 3 votes
13. Yuri (1/2) 3 votes
14. Cecil (IV) 3 votes
15. Serge (C) 3 votes
16. Yuri (1/2) 3 votes

Anyway, votes for tiebreaker:
1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Yoshi
3. Bowser (Super Mario RPG).
4. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
5. Soma (Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow)
6. Samus (Metroid)
7. Cyber Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
8. Master Chief (Halo)
9. Death's Hand (Jade Empire)
10. Megaman (Megaman X series)
EDIT: 11. Kratos, God of War
:)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-24-2006, 12:40 AM
I had just noticed. So we have 22 slots left and I'm now giving everybody 11 votes.

Raistlin
01-24-2006, 01:09 AM
15. Riou (I assume this is S2's Hero)
30. Flik (Suikoden II)
31. Viktor (Suikoden II)
32. Luc (Suikoden II)
33. Jowy (Suikoden II)
34. Geddoe (Suikoden III)
35. Alex (Lunar: SSSC)
36. Ghaleon (Lunar: SSSC)
EDIT: 37. Black Mage (FF1)

The others are meh.

Pheesh
01-24-2006, 07:50 AM
10.. Yoshi
47. Tails (Sonic Series)
69. Kratos, God of War
70. Tombi, Tombi
71. King Kong, King Kong: the game

Stay Essential
EE

I Took the Red Pill
01-24-2006, 08:41 PM
My tiebreaker picks:

1. Viewtiful Joe
6. The Guv (DQ VIII)
10. Yoshi
25. Yangus (DragonQuest VIII)
26. Montblanc (FFTA: Advance)
27. Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber Series)
29. Megaman (Megaman X series)
48. Klonoa (Klonoa Series)
66. Ico (ICO)

Zante
01-24-2006, 09:01 PM
9. Shinobi
10. Yoshi
11. Kyle Katarn
12. Sam Fisher
28. Issac (Golden Sun 1 & 2)
37. Black Mage
67. James Bond (just to toss in a different type of character)

daemon4
01-26-2006, 01:33 AM
Gandalf (The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
ichigo (Bleach)
Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: The Demon Stone)
Homard (La Pucelle)
Black Mage (FF I)
Tombi (Tombi)
Megaman (Megaman Series)
The Prince (Prince of Persia)
Ghalleon (Lunar: SSSC)
Angela (SD 3)

The Triumphant Hero
01-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Homard
Prier
Alouette
Master Chief
Shinobi
Rubedo
Dante
Samus
Yoshimitsu
Viewtiful Joe
Kratos

Mercen-X
01-26-2006, 10:59 PM
1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Robin
4. The Guv (DQ8)
5. Inuyasha
6. Hawk (SD3) - Nightblade
7. Dante (Devil May Cry)
8. Angelo (DQ8)
9. Quote (Cave Story)
10. James Bond
11. Ash (VH)

raskerino
01-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Rubedo
Yoshi
Ico

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-27-2006, 05:11 AM
1. Viewtiful Joe 4 votes
2. Yoshi 5 votes
3. Bowser (Super Mario RPG).
4. Geno (Super Mario RPG) 2 votes
5. Soma (Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow)
6. Samus (Metroid) 2 votes
7. Cyber Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
8. Master Chief (Halo) 2 votes
9. Death's Hand (Jade Empire)
10. Megaman (Megaman X series) 3 votes
11. Kratos, God of War 3 votes
12. Riou (I assume this is S2's Hero)
13. Flik (Suikoden II)
14. Viktor (Suikoden II)
15. Luc (Suikoden II)
16. Jowy (Suikoden II)
17. Geddoe (Suikoden III)
18. Alex (Lunar: SSSC)
19. Ghaleon (Lunar: SSSC)
20. Black Mage (FF1) 3 votes
21. The Prince (Prince of Persia) 4 votes
22. Tails (Sonic Series)
23. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) 3 votes
24. Tombi, Tombi 2 votes
25. King Kong, King Kong: the game
26. Hero (DQ VIII) 2 votes
27. Dante (Devil May Cry) 4 votes
28. Yangus (DragonQuest VIII)
29. Montblanc (FFTA: Advance)
30. Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber Series) 2 votes
31. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone) 3 votes
32. Klonoa (Klonoa Series)
33. Ico (ICO) 2 votes
34. Shinobi 2 votes
35. Kyle Katarn
36. Sam Fisher
37. Issac (Golden Sun 1 & 2)
38. James Bond 2 votes
39. Ichigo (Bleach)
40. Homard (La Pucelle) 2 votes
41. Ghalleon (Lunar: SSSC)
42. Angela (SD 3)
43. Prier
44. Alouette
45. Rubedo 2 votes
46. Robin
47. Inuyasha
48. Hawk (SD3) - Nightblade
49. Angelo (DQ8)
50. Quote (Cave Story)
51. Ash (VH)

All right, so here we go.

1. Viewtiful Joe 4 votes
2. Yoshi 5 votes
3. Geno (Super Mario RPG) 2 votes
4. Samus (Metroid) 2 votes
5. Master Chief (Halo) 2 votes
6. Megaman (Megaman X series) 3 votes
7. Kratos, God of War 3 votes
8. Black Mage (FF1) 3 votes
9. The Prince (Prince of Persia) 4 votes
10. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) 3 votes
11. Tombi, Tombi 2 votes
12. Hero (DQ VIII) 2 votes
13. Dante (Devil May Cry) 4 votes
14. Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber Series) 2 votes
15. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone) 3 votes
16. Ico (ICO) 2 votes
17. Shinobi 2 votes
18. James Bond 2 votes
19. Homard (La Pucelle) 2 votes
20. Rubedo 2 votes

And since I don't want to run another tiebreaker, I'm just throwing two more in.

21. Ichigo (Bleach)
22. Isaac (Golden Sun)

Oops, I realized Zidane got in there twice. I'm adding the Cyber Ninja instead as another of my choices.

I'm starting on Monday because right now I have a very large Chemistry assignment to screw with. Everyone gets 5,000 to bet, plus whatever else they already had, plus 2,000 for every character they have built. You also may make a free small battlefield, or pay 10,000 extra to make a large battlefield.

Normal battlefields are 10,000 for small and 20,000 for large.

And now: the competitors.

1. Spiderman 3 votes
2. Kirby 4 votes
3. Riku 2 votes
4. Sora (II) 2 votes
5. Knuckles 3 votes
6. Beatrix (IX) 2 votes
7. Zidane (IX) 2 votes
8. Tidus (X) 3 votes
9. Auron (X) 3 votes
10. T.G. Cid (T) 3 votes
11. Yuri (1/2) 3 votes
12. Cecil (IV) 3 votes
13. Serge (C) 3 votes
14. Mario 4 votes
15. Hector (CoD) 2 votes
16. Zero 2 votes
17. Tir McDohl (II) 3 votes
18. Fayt Leingod (TtEoT) 2 votes
19. Link 4 votes
20. Ryu (BoF) 2 votes
21. Crono 4 votes
22. Cyber Ninja (my choice)
23. Cloud (FF7) 4 votes
24. Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank) 2 votes
25. Pac Man (Pac Man) 2 votes
26. Squall (FFVIII) 2 votes
27. Hwoarang (4) 2 votes
28. Laharl 2 votes
29. Celes (FFVI) 2 votes
30. Terra (FFVI) 2 votes
31. Gogo (FFVI) 2 votes
32. Vincent (FFVII) 2 votes
33. Ramza (FFT) 2 votes
34. Rydia (Final Fantasy IV) 2 votes
35. Shadow (Illusion of Gaia) 2 votes
36. Luigi 2 votes
37. Liu Kang, Mortal Kombat 2 votes
38. Earthworm Jim 2 votes
39. Taki (Soul Calibur III) 2 votes
40. Freedan (Illusion of Gaia) 2 votes
41. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) 2 votes
42. Leon (Castlevania: Lament of Innocence) 2 votes
43. Viewtiful Joe 4 votes
44. Yoshi 5 votes
45. Geno (Super Mario RPG) 2 votes
46. Samus (Metroid) 2 votes
47. Master Chief (Halo) 2 votes
48. Megaman (Megaman X series) 3 votes
49. Kratos, God of War 3 votes
50. Black Mage (FF1) 3 votes
51. The Prince (Prince of Persia) 4 votes
52. Gandalf (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) 3 votes
53. Tombi, Tombi 2 votes
54. Hero (DQ VIII) 2 votes
55. Dante (Devil May Cry) 4 votes
56. Yoshimitsu (Soul Caliber Series) 2 votes
57. Drizzt Do'Urden (Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone) 3 votes
58. Ico (ICO) 2 votes
59. Shinobi 2 votes
60. James Bond 2 votes
61. Homard (La Pucelle) 2 votes
62. Rubedo 2 votes
63. Ichigo (Bleach) (my choice)
64. Isaac (Golden Sun) (my choice)

Get crackin'. Battlefields from any game that is feature. Or not. I don't care. I'll seed this weekend.

Taiyou
01-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Okay, y'all.

It's Seedin' time!

1. Gandalf VS T.G. Cid
2. Laharl VS Knuckles
3. Tombi VS Megaman
4. PacMan VS Geno
5. Master Chief VS Hero
6. Donkey Kong VS Leon
7. Freedan VS Yoshi
8. Tidus VS Viewtiful Joe
9. Cloud VS Beatrix
10. Rubedo VS Homard
11. Ichigo VS Shinobi
12. Isaac VS Shadow
13. Liu Kang VS Yuri
14. James Bond VS Hwoarang
15. Dante VS Riku
16. Kratos VS Crono
17. Celes VS Taki
18. Kirby VS Squall
19. Samus VS Earthworm Jim
20. Ramza VS Yoshimitsu
21. Cecil VS Vincent
22. Ratchet VS Terra
23. Cyber Ninja VS The Prince
24. Luigi VS Ryu
25. Ico VS Sora
26. Fayt Leingod VS Link
27. Hector VS Drizzt Do’Urden
28. Zero VS Tir McDohl
29. Auron VS Zidane
30. Rydia VS Black Mage
31. Spiderman VS Mario
32. Serge VS Gogo

Mercen-X
01-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I can't believe Robin's not in there . . . and Luigi IS!

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-28-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm opening up betting now. The first battle is between Gandalf the White and Cidalfus "Thunder God Cid" Orlandu.

Battlefield submissions are being welcomed. The first fight will take place in the domed battlefield, on normal, even terrain.

raskerino
01-28-2006, 03:17 AM
I'm assuming we PM bets... I'm PMing now.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Ah yes, that's right. PM me your total account and how much you're betting. Then post and say that your bet has been confirmed.

Zante
01-28-2006, 07:40 AM
Hm, never seen this Orlandu guy in action. No idea how good he is... Anyways, confirming my bet.

Rase
01-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Bet confirmed.

I'm really looking forward to some of these match-ups. Spiderman VS Mario, Tidus VS Viewtiful Joe, Kirby VS Squall, Freedan VS Yoshi... Man, I can hardly wait to read a lot of these. :D

Battlefield:

Battlefield Name: Larry's Lair http://www.nintendoland.com/graphics/items/smw/KBLarry.GIF

Battlefield Description: After defeating Larry Koopa on his quest to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser Valley, Mario destroyed his castle. Assuming this was the last he'd see of the Koopa Kid, Mario did not venture back into the the hidden land after he had rescued the fair Princess. However, Bowser and his brood were not easily defeated, and continued to hamper Mario during his adventures. During this time, they constructed several bases from which they could strike, one run by each child, with a final for the Koopa King himself. Larry returned to his ruined castle, rebuilding it into a massive fortress. However, he kept his central room roughly the same as it had been before, for nostalgias sake.
The room is filled with lava, approximetly ten feet deep. Floating in the lava, impervious to it, is a large platform shaped like half a circle, with the curve dipping below the lava. The platform is 80 feet in diameter, and about 25 feet high, with ten feet of it below the lava. Due to it's shape, the platform is highly unstable, tilting to and fro continuously with the ebb and flow of the lava lake. Hidden underneath the lava are several tubes. These are used to launch fireball's into the air, some of them falling onto the platform, further endangering anyone on it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-30-2006, 08:08 AM
The stadium buzzed with excitement as the Hero Grand Tournament prepared to go underway. The first battle was being held in the finalist ring, a domed building surrounded by high spectators stands and encased in a magical barrier to keep energy from straying too far. This was done for two reasons, one was that the other battlefields were still being prepared, and the other was because this fight proved to be one of the more anticipated of battles, and deserved a high-excitement atmosphere.

The field itself was a perfect circle, with two broad adamantine doors on either side. The floor was tightly packed dirt, and unnaturally smooth.

Both doors slid easily open, and two figures emerged onto the field, almost completely in unison.

One was a grizzled old man in white robes and long, flowing white hair. In one hand he held a white staff that almost seemed to glow, and in the other he held a rather formidable-looking sword.

The other was an older man dressed in a brown cloak. He wore blue armor underneath his cloak and held a blue and gold kite shield on his left arm. In his right hand was a blade that hummed with holy energy and was carved with a myriad of runes that seemed to glow with power.

"The first battle of the Hero Grand Tournament is between Gandalf the White and Cidolfas 'Thunder God Cid' Orlandu! BEGIN!"

"Lightning Stab!" Orlandu yelled in a powerful voice, thrusting his blade forward.

At the same moment, Gandalf raised his staff and released a bolt of lightning of his own. The power of the two attacks met with crackling energy, before dissipating.

Gandalf raised his staff once more, and a burst of powerful flame shot forth, streaking towards Orlandu and trailing flame, like a miniature meteor.

Orlandu dodged to the side, his feet moving much faster than would normally be possible as his sword's holy energy sped his limbs. The fireball exploded on the space that he had just occupied as he raised his sword, the blade glowing blue.

"Stasis Sword!" he roared, swinging the blade at Gandalf and releasing a group of ice shards.

Gandalf slammed his staff on the ground, causing a wall of flame to rise up around him.

The ice melted upon contacting with the wall, causing a great cloud of steam to burst forth and envelop Gandalf.

In the next instant there was a clash of steel as Orlandu's sword met with Gandalf's.

Gandalf moved back and disengaged Orlandu's blade, leveling his staff at Orlandu's chest and releasing a burst of lightning.

Orlandu raised his shield and blocked the attack, causing the spell to be cast harmlessly aside.

His blade glowing an angry, he moved in once more, slashing horizontally and causing Gandalf to intercept the blade again, this time with his staff.

"Hellcry Punch!"

A burst of energy shot from Orlandu's sword, slamming into Gandalf's body and throwing him like a rag doll. As the energy hit him, Gandalf's sword shattered, the shards falling harmlessly to the ground.

As Gandalf struggled to his feet, Orlandu rushed in once more, his blade glowing red once more.

"Hellcry Punch!" he yelled again.

Gandalf instinctively threw his staff up, creating a mystic barrier. The energy slammed into the barrier and knocked him to the floor, although not doing as much damage to Gandalf as it had before.

However, the intent of the attack was not necessarily to damage Gandalf. A large crack appeared in Gandalf's staff, and it, too, shattered, the shards falling to the ground.

Still moving at a heightened speed, Orlandu rushed in and brought his blade to Gandalf's neck and his shield to Gandalf's chest, holding him down. The sword pulsing with holy energy as he prepared another sword attack.

Gandalf raised his hands.

"I yield," he said.

Orlandu nodded and removed his sword, proferring a hand to help Gandalf to his feet.

1st Match: Gandalf vs. Orlandu

Victory: Orlandu

The next match will be between Laharl and Knuckles. It will take place in Larry's Lair. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

It's advised that you all make more battlefields, unless, of course, you want Rase to get all of the rent money for having one.

Zante
01-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Heh, I expected Gandalf to do better. Oh well, im confirming the new bet, Im also making a battlefield.

Battlefield name : Ipsen's Castle

Description : An ancient structure of unknown origin located on the Forgoten continent of Gaia. Once the hiding place of the 4 ancient mirrors, this architectural marvel has now became a popular place for tourists. The bottom half of the castle is an exact mirror image of the top half, and the interior design with its ladders, platforms and hidden rooms is an unique sight as well. For unknown reasons, the castles aura also has a strange effect on weapons -while the strongest blades become as good as useless, an ordinary dagger will be able to pierce even the toughest armors.

I Took the Red Pill
01-30-2006, 09:44 PM
PM'ing my bet, and making a battlefield.

Name: Mount Gagazet
Located in northern Spira and neighboring the legendary machina city Zanarkand, the mountains of Gagazet have long been a grueling test for even the most determined and strong-willed summoners. The Ronso have formed a special relationship with the mountains, and therefore they hold it sacred to them. Gagazet is a long, winding, rocky battlefield with harsh and unforgiving weather and terrain. The frigid temperatures alone are enough to make a competitor unexperienced in the cold lose enough focus to reveal a chink in their armor. Any competitor who gains the high ground in the treachorous terrain has a sure advantage.

Rase
01-31-2006, 12:39 AM
It's advised that you all make more battlefields, unless, of course, you want Rase to get all of the rent money for having one.

You just love ruining my plans, don't you?

Anyway, Pm'ing my bet, and making a new battlefield. :)

Battlefield:

Battlefield Name: Skull Dungeon

Battlefield Description: Found deep within the bowels of the Lost Woods in the Dark World, the Skull Dungeon is a sprawling and confusing place that Link had to brave in order to save one of the Seven Maidens. At the end he faced the boss of the lair, Mothula. While it's former resident is now gone, the room itself is currently being used by the tournament, due to it's intense design.
The room is relatively small, maybe one hundred feet on each side. However, while this would initially seem advantageous, the room has two main features that quickly dispel this thought. First, around the eouter edge of the room are spike traps, square pieces of metal with two spkies protruding from each side and another from each corner. These traps are also not stationary. They randomly move to the exact opposite side of the room, damaging anyone they hit.
The second thing the fighters must contend with is the floor. The entire thing is constantly moving, changing direction regularly. This, when coupled with the spike traps, make for a difficult battle between whoever's unlucky enough to fight there.

Not sure if this costs extra due to the features of the room, so I'll wait on that. If you need a quick reference, look here. (http://mmxz.zophar.net/rpg/zelda/mothula_battle.gif)

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-31-2006, 07:51 AM
The crowd roared in appreciation as two figures jumped onto the rapidly shifting platform within a sea of lava.

One was a young boy with blue hair from which protruded two blue antennae, actually strands of hair, that fell to his shoulders. He wore a red garment over his shoulders that seemed a cross between a scarf and a cloak. He wore no shirt, but wore a pair of brown shorts with a black belt and brown shoes. In one hand he carried a long sword that hummed with demonic energy.

The other was a strange red creature with what could only be described as dreadlocks. He had an angular snout that ended in a small black nose, and wore nothing but two spiked white gloves and red shoes with green socks.

"The next fight is between Laharl..."

"That's OVERLORD Laharl to you, mortal!" Laharl snapped.

"I'm sorry, OVERLORD Laharl and Knuckles the Echidna. BEGIN!"

Laharl hefted his sword and began to lazily circle Knuckles, who had assumed a guard stance and was watching Laharl warily.

"Why do I get such a weak little animal as my first match?" Laharl asked in an almost plantative voice, although still with an overbearing arrogance that grated on one's nerves.

"Shut up you little punk!" Knuckles yelled back. "I'll crush you!"

Laharl yawned artfully.

"You and what army? I can end this n...OW!"

A stray fireball had burst from the lava pit and hit Laharl, igniting his shorts.

Laharl unleashed a string of nasty curses that was probably not really that acceptable for one of his apparent age.

"Oh you're in for it now!" he shouted, more at the battlefield than at Knuckles.

His antennae-like hair was now standing straight up and his eyes were glowing yellow.

"GIGA ICE!"

A giant block of ice burst up from under the platform, covering everything, including Laharl and Knuckles.

After a few moments, the ice around Laharl turned red and exploded. Laharl jumped out, his skin slightly blue.

"Gah," he gasped. "I didn't mean to hit myself with that!"

He turned and noticed that Knuckles was still completely encased in the ice. Shrugging, he jumped off the platform and walked away, satisfied in his victory.

2nd Match: Laharl vs. Knuckles

Victory: Laharl

1,000 to Rase for rent.

All battlefields accepted.

The next match will be between Tombi and Megaman (X). It will take place in Ipsen's Castle. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Zante
01-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Now that was fast...liked it though. :D Confirming the next bet.

raskerino
01-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I didn't know either character but liked the fight, betting again...

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Because I was given no information on Tombi...

The gates of the main arena battlefield swung open and two figures stepped onto the field.

One was a humanoid robot wearing white armor that seemed to cover a blue frame. The other was a caveman of some sort.

"The next battle is between Tombi and X! BEGIN!"

As Tombi charged forward, X began to glow with brilliant energy.

Just as Tombi reached X, X's right hand retracted into his arm and he unleashed a massive energy blast that sent Tombi flying into the wall.

Tombi then fell down onto the ground and lay there, completely unconcious.

"X is the winner!"

2nd Match: Tombi vs. X

Victory: X

The next match will be between PacMan and Geno. It will take place in Ipsen's Castle. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Zante
02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Confirming bet.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-03-2006, 07:38 AM
First off, I'm going to stretch this as much as I can. Don't hold your breath for a long and epic battle though. It's fugging PACMAN.

Two figures emerged into the silent halls of Ipsen's Castle.

One was a strange being indeed, a yellow ball with bulging eyes and a mouth that took up just about all of the space on its body.

The other was what appeared to be a walking doll dressed in a blue cloak. It was made out of wood and somewhat puppetlike in demeanor, but it moved smoothly, almost a parody of human movement.

"The next battle is between Pacman and Geno! BEGIN!"

Geno slowly circled Pacman as the creature began lunging forward at him, its mouth constantly moving.

"What the devil is this?" Geno muttered to himself as he nimbly dodged away from Pacman, easily staying far beyond it's reach.

Still, Pacman continued moving towards him with a sort of single-minded intensity found in characters that were created before games had plots.

After a few moments of dodging, Geno seemed to grow bored.

Leaping away from Pacman, he extended a small wand, energy gathering at its tip.

Unthinkingly, Pacman surged forward, moving towards Geno as fast as its physics-defying round bottom would carry it.

A beam of light burst forth from Geno's wand, hitting Pacman and launching it through the castle wall and outside, where it bounced down a cliff and lay motionless in a nearby river.

"Geno is the winner!"

Geno crossed his arms and nodded emphatically at this announcement.

4th Match: Pacman vs. Geno

Victory: Geno

1,000 gold to GLR for rent.

The next match will be between Master Chief and the Hero. It will take place in Mount Gangazet. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Zante
02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Cinfirming bet. Dont know any of the characters for the next match, I just took a blind guess.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Everyone, please remember to post a bet confirmation post when you bet. It helps me keep track of everything.

Also, may I suggest www.gamefaqs.com for any kind of analysis on a character who's going to fight. It'd give you a better idea than blind betting.

Snow was piling up on the fridgid peaks of Mount Gangezet as two figures emerged on either side of a sheer face.

One was dressed in green armor that covered his body and had an orange visor covering his face. He held two strange guns, one in either hand, and had an energy blade strapped to his back.

The other was a young boy with a red bandana and dark purple hair. He wore a yellow surcoat over a blue tunic, as well as brown pants. He held sword in his right hand and a shield in his left, both of which were quite ornate and hummed with ancient magical energy.

"The next battle is between Master Chief and the Hero! BEGIN!"

Grasping his sword, the Hero charged forward, moving along the side of the mountain.

Drawing his guns, Master Chief unleashed a barrage of plasma charges at the Hero, creating a line of explosions along the side of the mountain as the Hero charged.

The Hero jumped forward and slashed at Master Chief, causing Master Chief to jump back and dodge the attack.

The air around Master Chief became distorted for a moment as the Hero's sword flared to life, disrupting some of Master Chief's shields.

Drawing back, Master Chief fired several more shots at the Hero. The Hero dropped to a crouch and raised his shield, the charges slamming into the shield but leaving the Hero relatively unharmed.

Dropping his guns as they began to overheat, Master Chief drew forth his energy blade and charged at the Hero.

Raising his sword, the Hero intercepted the energy blade, his sword glowing as it pushed back against Master Chief's own sword.

His body moving with a quickness beyond most normal humans, Master Chief reversed his swing's momentum for a moment and pulled his blade back before thrusting it at the Hero's eyes.

With an expert flick of his wrists the Hero brought his own sword up and deflected the energy blade into the air, before thrusting his sword at Master Chief.

The sword sizzled as it pierced the shields, weakening them but not destroying them completely.

The Hero grasped his blade in both hands as Master Chief brought his energy blade in for an overhand slash.

The Hero's sword burst forth with a brilliant array of magical energy as he dragged it through Master Chief's shields and intercepted the sword, knocking it into the air and off-balancing Master Chief.

As Master Chief brought his blade to bear, the Hero raised his sword and pointed it at Master Chief, lightning burst forth from it and launching Master Chief into the air, his shields sputtering and dying as he was flung into a wall.

His sword glowing with intense Magical Energy, the Hero charged forward, thrusting his blade into Master Chief's armored chest. The magic blade slid in with great ease, and Master Chief seemed to go limp as he withdrew it.

5th Match: Master Chief vs. the Hero

Victory: Hero

1,000 gold to Braska's Final Aeon for rent.

The next match will be between Donkey Kong and Leon. It will take place in Skull Dungeon. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Zante
02-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Hm, thanks for the tip with gamefaqs. Placed another bet.

I Took the Red Pill
02-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Confirming bet

raskerino
02-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Placing bet.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Two figures landed on a square floor surrounded in large, spiked blocks.

One was a massive gorilla with huge fists, brown fur, and a red necktie sporting the letters "DK" in yellow print.

The other was a thin man with blonde hair and pale skin. He wore a red and white surcoat over a black leather shirt and pants. He wore two tall black leather boots and one black and one white leather glove. In his right hand he carried a long whip.

"The next battle is between Donkey Kong and Leon Belmont! BEGIN!"

Almost immediately, the floor began moving.

Leon raised his whip and lashed at Donkey Kong, who grunted and raised his arm.

The whip curled around it, causing a fierce red welt to rise on Donkey Kong's arm, but not doing any great damage.

As Donkey Kong shuffled along the ground to avoid the spikes.

Donkey Kong seemed to scowl at the whip.

Snapping his hand, he threw Leon off-balance and began dragging him across the room on Leon's own whip as he shuffled forward, swinging him around and throwing him at one of the spikes.

Leon pulled his whip off of Donkey Kong and managed to right himself somewhat. Lashing his whip at a spike he was falling towards, he pulled it forward and landed on the ground.

As the spike began sliding across the floor Donkey Kong lifted it, grasping it by the spikes so that his hands were not pierced by it.

As Leon righted himself, holding on to a nearby spike that the ground was pushing him into, Donkey Kong hurled the spike at him.

Leon vaulted forward, narrowly dodging the spike and being pushed into the one he had been grasping.

The spikes punctured his back and caused him to scream in pain as Donkey Kong pounded the ground, causing the spikes to lift into the air before settling back onto the ground.

Leon screamed even more as the spikes drove deeper into his body, piercing his lung and lower back and emerging on the other side. As the spikes fell back to the ground, he was jostled and thrown off of them, landing in front of Donkey Kong.

As Donkey Kong prepared to jump into the air and land on Leon, the floor stopped moving.

"Donkey Kong is the winner!"

6th Match: Donkey Kong vs. Leon

Victory: Donkey Kong

1,000 gold to Rase for rent.

The next match will be between Freedan and Yoshi. It will take place in Ipsen's Castle. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

I Took the Red Pill
02-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Confirming bet

raskerino
02-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Placing bet.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Two figures stepped into the hallway of Ipsen's Castle, their footsteps echoing throughout the massive structure.

One was a tall man with flowing blond hair dressed in dark blue plate mail. In his right hand he held a brown longsword, and he wore a flowing blue cape that billowed as he walked.

The other figure was a strange green creature that stood about as tall as a human. It had a short tail and a bulbous snout, as well as orange spines that ran down its back. It wore a saddle on its back and brown leather shoes, and its underbelly was white.

"The next battle is between Freedan and Yoshi! BEGIN!"

Yoshi jumped high into the air, flapping its arms in an effort to increase the height of its jump.

Freedan watched Yoshi warily, slowly backing away from the creature as it hurled through the air with surprising speed.

As it began to fall on Freedan, Yoshi twirled in the air and suddenly plummeted straght down.

Freedan jumped back, bringing his sword forward and clasping the hilt firmly in both hands.

As Yoshi hit the ground where Freedan had been standing moments before, he leapt to his feet and hurled a green and white-spotted egg at Freedan.

Freedan slashed at the egg, causing it to shatter, just as Yoshi hurled another one.

This one smacked Freedan right in the chest, exploding on impact and causing him to stagger backwards.

Grunting, Freedan brought his sword forward as red energy began pulsing around him.

Yoshi jumped into the air once more, flying swiftly towards Freedan and aiming an egg at him.

Freedan brought his sword back, placing his left hand over the crossguard.

"Dark Friar!" he hissed.

A burst of red energy hurled itself from Freedan's sword, slamming into Yoshi and blasting him backwards and onto the ground, stirring up a great cloud of dust.

As the dust cleared, Yoshi lay unconcious, his long red tongue lolling out of his mouth.

7th Match: Freedan vs. Yoshi

Victory: Freedan

The next match will be between Tidus and Viewtiful Joe. It will take place in Mount Gangazet. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Oh yes, I'm not getting as much of an audience as I used to, and that's making me less and less motivated to keep doing these. If you want to see me continue to do these tournaments, try and get more active participants.

Zante
02-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Confirming bet. This ones difficult to guess, wonder if Tidus will get the full sphere grid or just his basic skills.

Oh yes, I'm not getting as much of an audience as I used to, and that's making me less and less motivated to keep doing these. If you want to see me continue to do these tournaments, try and get more active participants.

I guess this is only cause this tournament isn't as interactive as the previous one, I think more people will join for the other ones.

Rase
02-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Confirming bet.

StarlightAngel
02-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Well, I can't/don't want to bet because I wanna be able to ask you about it and stuff, so... ;)

Pheesh
02-07-2006, 07:54 AM
same, i've already spoken to you about it and it would be unfair for me to bet. But i will most probably take part in the next grand tournament.

Stay Essential
EE

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Snow howled across the mountain as the next two combatants stepped forward.

One was a young man with blond hair and an cheerful face. He wore a yellow hooded jacket that didn't cover all of his stomache and black short pants, the leg shorter on one side than the other. In his hand he carried jagged blue blade with inscriptions all over it.

The other was a strange man, abnormally short and dressed in a red bodysuit and helmet with white gloves and boots. He wore a pink scarf that trailed in the wind.

"The next battle is between Tidus and Viewtiful Joe! BEGIN!"

Tidus hefted his sword and prepared to attack. Viewtiful Joe suddenly shot forward, moving as a blur and punching Tidus in the chest, sending him flying.

Tidus landed deep in the snow a few feet back. Shaking his head to clear it, he stood just in time to take another punch, this time an uppercut to his face.

"Bastard!" Tidus screamed as he tumbled through the snow, finally righting himself.

"Haste!"

Viewtiful Joe came in once more, his fist extended in an almost comical superhero style.

Tidus dodged to the side, his movements much faster than they had been before.

As Joe overextended, Tidus dashed forward, tackling him with a forceful tackle usually only reserved for underwater blitzball play.

Joe was sent flying backwards, and this time he went ploughing through a snow bank.

Getting to his feet, he surged forward again.

Tidus grit his teeth and grasped his sword. As Joe came in for another attack, he thrust it forward with all of his might.

Joe stopped in midair as the sword slid into his right lung. Gasping and coughing blood, he fell backward, his weight shifting the sword downward. Landing softly in the snow, he immediately began to stain it red with his own blood.

8th Match: Tidus vs. Viewtiful Joe

Victory: Tidus

The next match will be between Cloud and Beatrix. It will take place in Larry's Lair. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

The Triumphant Hero
02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Placing Bet.

Zante
02-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Placing bet. Realy looking forwards this one. :)

I Took the Red Pill
02-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Confirming bet

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Ran into a spot of homework, this update will be a bit late, since I really want this fight to be good. In the meantime, go find others to bet.

Mercen-X
02-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Bit nervous about this one, but I'm betting anyway. I guesstimate this'll be a close one.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Two figures stepped onto the platform amidst the frenzied cheers of the watching crowd.

One was a young man with spikey blond hair, a black tank-top and pants, and one black sleeve covering his left arm. In both hands he held a massive sword, the blade thicker than both of his arms combined and the blade's length only slightly less than his own height.

The other was a woman with brown, somewhat curly hair that fell to just below her shoulderblades. Her right eye was covered with a strip of white cloth, and she wore a white dress that ended in a skirt. In both hands she held a long blade with rune engravings upon it.

"The next battle is between Cloud and Beatrix! BEGIN!"

Gripping his sword in both hands, Cloud charged forward, swinging the massive blade at Beatrix with all his might.

Knowing that she had no chance of blocking the massive sword, Beatrix leapt nimbly into the air, allowing the blade to pass under her feet.

"Blind!" she shouted, extending her free left hand outward.

Cloud screamed and staggered back, trying to clear his eyes with his shoulder.

Putting his hand on his gauntlet, a green spherical gem held within it began to glow. Magic swirled around his eyes and they opened again, just in time to see Beatrix's next attack.

"THUNDER SLASH!"

Cloud desperately brought his massive blade up, the energy smashing into his arm before he could bring it completely to bear.

The magic attack knocked him off of his feet and near to the edge of the arena.

Grasping his sword firmly, he stood as quickly as he was able, just as Beatrix unleashed her next attack.

"CLIMHAZZARD!"

Cloud's eyes glowed with an eerie light as she dashed towards him.

"CLIMHAZZARD!" he roared, charging forward.

Both of their blades met with a titanic clash, the combatants pressing against the other's sword with all their might.

The blades locked in a shower of sparks for just a moment, before Cloud's pushed Beatrix's back.

With a massive upward slash, he broke her guard and sent her flying backwards, towards the edge.

Beatrix thrust downward, her sword thrusting into the ground. Using it, she pushed off, drawing the blade out and using the reverse-momentum to turn her fall into a charge.

"SHOCK!"

A massive shockwave of energy burst forth and slammed into Cloud.

He raised his blade to block, and the energy began swirling around it and dispersing to the side, although not without effect. The energy was definitely taking a toll on his body, and more and more wounds were appearing on him.

His eyes flared with mako energy and he began to slash furiously, each sword stroke accompanied by a surge of energy.

As he continued to slash, he chopped his way closer and closer, dispersing the energy of Beatrix's attack as he went.

Still holding her sword and emitting her attack, Beatrix closed her eyes, white light shining around her.

"HOLY!"

A wave of holy magic burst forth from her sword, merging with her attack and slamming into Cloud.

Cloud screamed and was flung into the air, over the ledge and towards the lava pit. A magical barrier burst to life under him, catching him before he was incinerated in the lava below.

"Beatrix is the winner!"

9th Match: Cloud vs. Beatrix

Victory: Beatrix

The next match will be between Rubedo and Homard. It will take place in the Skull Dungeon. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

And more battlefields are always nice.

The Triumphant Hero
02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Placing Bet

Spammerman
02-10-2006, 11:45 PM
is it too late to join?

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Nope. Just post to confirm your bet and PM me your bet.

Rase
02-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Confirming Bet.

Zante
02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Nice one, expected Cloud to to better. Next bet is placed.

Mercen-X
02-11-2006, 10:45 PM
CMB

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Two figures stepped onto the spike-filled battleground.

One was a man in a flashy red-and-pink pirate's ensemble, with puffy white sleaves and brown, cat-skull marked gloves. He held two very long rapiers, one in either hand.

The other was a young boy with pink hair and a maroon overcoat. He wore a pink undershirt and brown pants, and held two old soviet pistols.

"The next battle is between Rubedo and Homard! BEGIN!"

"Fighting a little boy?" Homard asked in an arrogant tone. "Isn't there someone else around to offer me more of a challenge?"

"I'll make you eat those words," Rubedo replied with a smirk, drawing his pistols.

"Let's go pretty boy! Storm Waltz!"

Rubedo flung a handful of coins into the air before drawing both of his guns. With a cocky grin, he shot at the coins, the bullets richocheting off them and around Homard.

Homard grunted and jumped back, getting nicked by several of the shots but not taking any real damage.

"Not bad, little boy," he said through grit teeth. "Thunder Blade!"

Homard charged forward, his blade crackling with lightning.

Rubedo jumped into the air, the image of four angelic wings appearing on his back.

"Angelic Requiem!" he yelled, firing several shots of light energy at Homard.

Homard stopped in mid-charge, coughing blood as the shots pierced his body. Gasping for air, he staggered forward and collapsed, the spikes of the battlefield almost crushing him before they came to a stop.

10th Match: Rubedo vs. Homard

Victory: Rubedo

The next match will be between Ichigo and Shinobi. It will take place in Mt. Gangezet. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

StarlightAngel
02-12-2006, 05:16 PM
This should be interesting :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-13-2006, 08:04 AM
I'd like some bets before I write this. Ichigo is the Ichigo from Bleach (you can find info on several Bleach sites or look up a faq for the fighting game itself), and Shinobi is from, well, Shinobi.

Zante
02-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Bet placed.

Mercen-X
02-13-2006, 11:41 PM
CMB

And Rubedo's hair is ruby-red, hence his name. It's not pink and neither is his shirt. If it looks pink in any image you've ever seen, then the saturation is slightly off.

Rase
02-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Bet confirmed.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Rubedo's hair has always appeared to be pink to me.

Sorry for the lateness, school's a pain.

Wind howled and whipped around the Mt. Gangazet peaks as the next two combatants prepared for battle.

One was a rather cocky-looking young man with orange hair and flowing black robes. He held a large blade with an abnormal hilt, it lacked a guard and was simply wrapped in white bandages that trailed along the edge.

The other was a calm looking man wearing black skin-tight clothing and a red scarf. He carried a sword, but appeared to have other weapons on his person as well.

"The next battle is between Kurosaki Ichigo and the Shinobi! BEGIN!"

Ichigo seemed to vanish, only to suddenly appear behind the Shinobi.

Bringing his blade to bear, he slashed at the Shinobi, who dodged back and blocked with his sword.

As the blades came together, they both seemed to snarl at each other, as if hurling back and forth insults and challenges.

Both combatants broke apart and the Shinobi jumped back, hurling three shurikens at Ichigo.

Ichigo's sword swung up and he blocked them with the broad end of the blade, before shooting forward again and materializing behind the Shinobi.

Ichigo slashed at it again, only to have his blade meet an afterimage as the Shinobi blurred in a burst of speed.

Ichigo's eyes hardened, and he turned around just in time to block a thrust to his back.

"Too slow!" he said arrogantly as his eyes began glowing with blue energy.

"Tensa..." he said in a barely audible whisper. "ZANGETSU!"

A burst of blue energy burst from his sword, smashing into the Shinobi and hurling him backwards and off of Gangazet's cliff.

As a magical net caught Shinobi, Ichigo sheathed his blade, the bandages wrapping around it to create a sheathe.

10th Match: Ichigo vs. Shinobi

Victory: Ichigo

The next match will be between Isaac and Shadow. It will take place in Ipsen's Castle. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Mercen-X
02-15-2006, 11:58 PM
CMB

Jr AKA Rubedo = Ruby-Red Hair
Gaignun AKA Nigredo = Black Hair
Albedo = White or Albino Hair

Rubedo's hair may be a few shades lighter than red, but it's definitely not pink. :p

Zante
02-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Confirming bet.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Footsteps echoed through the halls of Ipsen's castle as the next two combatants took their places.

One of the combatants was a blue, amorphous being with red fire wrapped around its body.

The other was a young man with spikey blond hair, a long yellow scarf, a blue tunic and trousers and sturdy boots. He wore a long sword on his back, the hilt adorned with ornate symbols of earth and fire.

"The next battle is between Isaac and Shadow! BEGIN!"

Shadow charged forward, its feet not touching the ground as it dashed. Approaching Isaac, it lashed out with its arms, creating massive bursts of flame in the shape of birds. The flame birds shrieked as they moved through the sky, hurling themselves at Isaac.

Isaac frowned and drew his blade, the birds slamming into it. Gritting his teeth as they pushed him back, he yelled and slashed outward, cutting through the birds and dispersing their flame.

Charging, he held his sword aloft, and the blade seemed to scream as it hummed with magical energy.

"MEGIDDO!"

Shadow lashed out at Isaac with its arm, unleashing another bird of flame, but Isaac wasn't on the ground anymore.

Jumping into the air and seemingly impossibly high, he rose into the sky with his blade held aloft.

A massive meteor burst from the heavens, hurling itself towards the ground and crashing through the castle.

Bringing his sword down, Isaac sliced the meteor, slamming it down towards Shadow.

At the last moment, Shadow melded into the ground, becoming an amorphous blob of slime as the meteor destroyed where he had just been standing.

Landing on the ground, Isaac's hand began to glow with energy as two brown floating creatures gathered around him.

"Ramsus!"

Just as Shadow reformed, a massive pyramid with a skeletal head and bandage-covered hand emerging from it burst from the ground, further tearing up the castle interior.

Pounding the ground, it caused several fragments of stone and mortar to fall from the ceiling, crushing Shadow under them. It then punched Shadow, causing a massive explosion that threw Shadow back, causing it to splatter against the wall.

As the creature vanished, the matter that had made up Shadow began to glow, and a young, blond boy appeared. He was wearing a blue tunic and he held a purple flute tightly, but he was obviously unconcious.

12th Match: Isaac vs. Shadow

Victory: Isaac

The next match will be between Liu Kang and Yuri. It will take place in Larry's Lair. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

StarlightAngel
02-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Yay Isaac! :D

Zante
02-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Another great fight, great job. :up:
Confirming the next bet aswell.

Mercen-X
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
CMB

Battlefield: The Heart of Darkness
Game: Kingdom Hearts

Basically, it's a black void where nothing is visually defined. The only source of light comes from the spark created by the clash of swords or the firing of a gun or by magic itself.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Two people stood in the middle of a large chunk of earth surrounded by lava.

One was a somewhat cocky looking young man with red eyes and hair. He wore a black suit with overlarge large white cuffs, and there were two wicked claws on either hand.

The other was a shirtless man of about the same age as the first. He had black hair that fell to his shoulders. He wore black pants with a red stripe down the middle, a red belt, and a red headband.

"The next battle is between Yuri Hyuga and Lui Kang! BEGIN!"

Lui Kang launched himself into a flying kick, hurtling through the air with a loud battle cry.

Yuri brought his hands up to block, grabbing Lui Kang's foot. Lui Kang brought his foot quickly upward as his momentum was abruptly halted, launching into a backwards spin-kick that freed him from Yuri's grasp and brought him back several feet from where Yuri stood.

As Yuri backed away and readied his claws, Lui Kang brought both of his hands together and launched a fireball at him.

The fireball blasted Yuri in the chest, knocking him back and causing him to slide across the ground, near the edge.

Lui Kang began advancing cautiously on Yuri, fire playing along the tips of his fingers.

Slowly, Yuri rose to his feet, or at least what had just been Yuri.

While he still appeared vageuly humanoid, his skin had turned purple and his hair had turned shock white. His wrists now had strange flesh-like protuberances on them, and his face had become much more malicious.

Lui Kang shot another fireball at Yuri, but Yuri brushed it aside without any difficulty. His eyes glowing, Yuri charged forward, punching Lui Kang in the stomache twice before delivering a brutal roundhouse kick that sent Lui Kang flying off the edge, only to be caught by a magical barrier before he hit the lava.

13th Match: Yuri vs. Lui Kang

Victory: Yuri

The next match will be between James Bond and Hwoarang. It will take place in Mount Gangazet. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Zante
02-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Hm, interesting matchup...confirming bet.

Rase
02-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Bet confirmed.

Mercen-X
02-21-2006, 11:50 PM
"The next battle is between Yuri Hyuga and Lui Kang! BEGIN!"

13th Match: Yuri vs. Lui Kang
That's LIU Kang, Void-babe.

CMB BTW.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Wind howled around the steppes of Mt. Gangazet as two combatants stepped onto the field.

One was a man dressed in a black suit and tie. He had short, well-groomed black hair and a generally handsome and charismatic face. He held a small pistol in his hand, but carried an assault rifle slung over his back.

The other man was considerably more wild. He had long red hair and wore a dark green and orange tank-top and dark green pants.

"The next battle is between Hwoarang and James Bond! BEGIN!"

Hwoarang brought his hands into a guard position and took off running through the snow.

Bond drew his gun forward and took careful aim at Hwoarang, following him with his eyes and a steady arm.

The gun fired, making very little sound that was quickly burried beneath the howling wind.

Hwoarang gasped as a bullet struck him in the lower torso, but kept running.

Bond fired twice more, but both shots missed.

His frown deepening, he steadied his hand with his other arm as Hwoarang came in low for a sweeping kick. The gun flashed and Hwoarang gasped in pain as another bullet hit him in the chest, close to his heart.

Coming in low, Hwoarang swept Bond's leg, knocking him to the ground. Gasping and coughing blood, he jumped to his feet and brought his foot down hard on Bond's chest.

The sound of ribs cracking echoed faintly through the mountain as Bond grunted in pain. Gasping for air he aimed his gun upward, only to have it swept out of his hand by Hwoarang's own hand.

As Hwoarang brough his other hand in to punch Bond in his broken ribs, Bond rolled away, disloding his assault rifle and bringing it up, aiming it at Hwoarang.

Hwoarang sprang to the side as Bond unleashed a burst of bullets, dodging most of the shots but taking several to the other side of his chest.

Stumbling, he fell and rolled across the mountain, blood pouring from his wounds.

Using his assault rifle as a crutch, Bond stood, albeit with some difficulty.

Hwoarang too attempted to stand, but his wounds and blood loss proved to be too much for him. He staggered a bit, before pitching forward, unconcious.

14th Match: Hwoarang vs. James Bond

Victory: James Bond

The next match will be between Dante and Riku. It will take place in the Heart of Darkness. Betting will close at midnight tomorrow.

Lawr
02-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Dante and Riku!

OMG!BBQ!

Rase
02-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Confirming bet.

Zante
02-25-2006, 06:57 AM
CMB.

Mercen-X
02-27-2006, 12:04 AM
CMB.
Copycat.

CMB and seriously, Void, you've got to fix that Lui Kang thing. It's ridiculous.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Sorry about the lateness on this one, but the fact that I'm only getting 3 active participants makes me less motivated to write this.

Darkness blanketed the area as two people stepped onto the battlefield.

One was a young man dressed in black robes. He had long, spikey-silver hair and held a strange bat-wing sword-like key in his right hand.

The other was a rather cocky looking man with long white hair and a long red trenchcoat. He wore a black leather vest under the coat and black leather pants, and held a longsword in his hand with an ornate hilt.

"The next battle is between Dante and Riku! BEGIN!"

Dante and Riku both charged forward simultaneously, their swords clashing with a loud, metallic clang.

Dante pushed fiercly and his blade swung out as Riku leapt into the air, flipping over the slashing blade.

Grunting, Dante halted his slash and threw his sword up, catching Riku's keyblade with the base of his own blade as Riku brought it down hard on him.

Riku pushed off and shot backwards as Dante drew one of his guns and started firing at Riku.

Riku dove to the side and rolled once before standing in one fluid motion and dashing across the room, his body moving with unearthly speed.

Sheathing his sword, Dante drew his other gun and began firing with both of them in a vain effort to catch Riku, who was moving faster than Dante's shots could reach.

Crouching low, Riku leapt into the air, raising his keyblade.

"Thundaga!" he yelled, lightning bolts descending from the sky and slamming into Dante.

Dante grunted and staggered back. Riku surged forward and brought his keyblade in for a low strike, only to have it intercepted by two crossed guns.

Dante grunted as the force of Riku's charge pushed him backwards. Moving his wrists, he struggled to align his guns upward and fire at Riku.

Riku slashed upward with his keyblade, breaking Dante's stance and causing him to stagger backward, his guns misaligning.

Quickly, Dante dropped his guns and jumped back, drawing his sword just in time to intercept another dashing slash attack from Riku.

As the blades locked, Riku jumped into the air and spun around, his keyblade twirling through the air with great force and slamming into the other side of Dante's sword, pushing it back and off-balance.

As Dante's blade was driven downward, Riku shot forward and brought his keyblade forward, the bat-wing side slamming into Dante's chest. Blood gushed out of a gaping wound that Riku's keyblade opened as Dante was sent flying backwards.

As Dante recovered his stance, blood still pouring from his wound, Riku twirled his keyblade expertly and charged forward.

The combatants locked blades once more, but this time Dante was ready. Bracing himself, he slid his blade across Riku's keyblade, using his superiour strength to wrench it downward. Locking Riku's keyblade to the ground, he lashed out with his sword, thrusting at Riku's chest.

Riku gasped as he jumped backwards, bringing his keyblade to bear. Blood started welling around his chest, turning his black robes a dark red where it touched.

Breathing heavily, both Riku and Dante sized each other up. His muscles tensing, Dante hurled himself forward, his sword cutting through the air with a keening sound.

Riku darted to the side, dashing around Dante who swung his sword in a wide circular arc to drive the boy off.

Riku rolled under Dante's sword just in time to keep his head from being severed completely. Coming up behind Dante, he thrust his keyblade forward as Dante attempted to recover and reverse his sword's momentum.

Riku's keyblade slammed into Dante's back, throwing him forward. The momentum of his previous attack caused Dante to spin in the air before landing on the ground face-down.

Wasting no time, Riku surged forward and drove his keyblade into Dante's back.

Dante gritted his teeth as the keyblade sunk into his back, the key itself digging and tearing into his flesh.

They stayed there for several tense seconds, before a cry went out through the stadium.

"Riku is the winner!"

15th Match: Riku vs. Dante

Victory: Riku

1,000 gold to Mercen-X for rent.

The next match will be between Kratos and Crono. It will take place in Larry's Lair. Betting will close after I get at least 3 bets or at midnight tomorrow, whichever comes last.

Pheesh
02-28-2006, 10:16 AM
oh man, C'mon Kratos.

Also, Void, if it's any consolation, though i don't bet, i enjoy reading the fights.

Stay Super
GG

StarlightAngel
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Also, Void, if it's any consolation, though i don't bet, i enjoy reading the fights.

Same *nodnod*

Zante
02-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Nice one.
CMB :p

Mercen-X
03-01-2006, 12:26 AM
CMB

LIU Kang. You have Lui Kang written for the entire fight. It's one thing to have a typo, I can let that slide with a playful joke. But the entire fight? C'mon.

Rase
03-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Confirming bet.

Elite Lord Sigma
03-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I'd like to bet, but I can't remember what my previous funds were.

Pheesh
03-05-2006, 05:43 AM
I'd like to bet, but I can't remember what my previous funds were.

that was my original reason but now I don't bet because i like to discuss the fights with void. Which would give me an unfair advantage.

Stay Super
GG

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Elite Lord Sigma, you have 9315 gold. Also, it's best to keep track of your money every time you bet. Simply putting the new total in the PM will help significantly.

Two figures jumped onto the moving platform of Larry's Lair.

One was a young man in a blue tunic and white pants. He was well-muscled and held a katana adeptly in his left hand. He also wore a white headband and his hair was bright red and impossibly spikey.

The other was a bald and seemingly hairless man. He was wearing no shirt and a red tattoo wove its way around his head and chest. On both of his arms were two blades with coiled chains attached to them. He also wore a red loincloth and tough brown boots.

"The next battle is between Kratos and Crono! BEGIN!"

Crono grasped his katana in both hands and held it parallel with the ground and the blade pointing towards Kratos. As Kratos swung his blades around, their chains extending and hurling them outward in a wide arc at Crono, he charged.

The first blade came in low and Crono extended his katana. Sparks flew as the enchanted weapons connected with each other. Crono kept up his momentum as he charged in, not allowing the chain a chance to wrap around him. As the other chain came in low, he leapt into the air, raising his hands.

A bolt of lightning hurled itself from the sky and slammed into Kratos, knocking him backwards. Crono dropped to the ground and dashed around Kratos, slashing at him.

Kratos swung his chains around as Crono opened several gashes in his sides before unleashing a wide slash across his chest.

Howling in pain and anger Kratos' blades swung in, the chain whipping around towards Crono.

Crono jumped back, dodging the chains as Kratos pulled them back in.

As Crono charged back in, Kratos screamed and unleashed an immense blast of energy. The energy slammed into Crono and hurled him backwards, causing him to slide along the ground and almost fall off the edge.

As Crono recovered, Kratos raised the chain and slammed it on the ground where Crono stood.

Quickly, Crono dodged to the side, rolling to avoid the chain. As the blade bounced up Kratos reversed its momentum, pulling it horizontally through the air to cut Crono in two.

Once again recovering his position, Crono sheathed his sword and jumped into the air, over the blade. Raising his arms, he began floating as lightning swirled around him.

Beams of light burst forth from around Kratos and a huge dome of green energy emerged from the ground, enveloping him. Kratos screamed in pain as the magic assailed his body.

Raising his pain-wracked limbs, Kratos raised his hand and an army of souls burst from the ground. Shrieking, they tore at Crono, who cried out in pain as his body was shredded by their grasping claws.

The dome collapsed just as the undead army faded, and both Kratos and Crono fell to the ground.

Kratos kneeled on the ground, supporting himself with his blades. He was breathing heavily and his body was wracked with involuntary spasms.

Crono, on the other hand, lay unconcious and bloody on the ground, his clothes and flesh torn and bone showing in some areas. Already, healers were converging on the area to tend to his wounds, and several were moving towards Kratos as well.

"Kratos is the winner!"

16th Match: Kratos vs. Crono

Victory: Kratos

The next match will be between Celes and Taki. It will take place in Ipsen's Castle. Betting will close after I get at least 3 bets or at midnight tomorrow, whichever comes last.

Zante
03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Bet placed.

Mercen-X
03-06-2006, 11:49 PM
CMB

11,214,845 - whatever the cost of my battlefield

Vivi123
03-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Confirming bet.

Elite Lord Sigma
03-09-2006, 10:10 PM