PDA

View Full Version : Help with Seymour Boss (#3)

jklop45
01-09-2006, 12:01 PM
im stuck on master semoury the one befor keeper i need any help you have.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-09-2006, 12:27 PM
1. charge up all ur aeons overdives.
2. charge up all ur characters overdrives
3. in battle cast hastega when tidus, auron and wakka are in
4. have Lulu poison seymour with bio
5. have yuna bring out an aeon and use an overdrive one after the other, the beuty of this is that u do a tonne of damage and it uses one of seymours turns to banish it, technically giving u a free go
6. after all this return tidus wakka and auron to the field and jut attack like crazy
7. if u don't have wakka's attak reels by now, play blitzball and get them, they are a surefire way to victory!!!

SammieBabe
01-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Cast Bio on him. That really helps.
Also he will keep putting everyone in Zombie status, so make sure you have plenty of Holy Waters or someone who can cast Esuna.
Once he's poisoned, just keep attacking the Mortibody, because it siphons HP from Seymour.

Psydekick
01-09-2006, 05:45 PM
im stuck on master semoury the one befor keeper i need any help you have.
Excuse me I don't mean to be rude but you have said the one before keeper, how do you know keeper is next if you haven't done it!

starseeker
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
which seymour, there are 4?

ffxfreak93
01-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Excuse me I don't mean to be rude but you have said the one before keeper, how do you know keeper is next if you haven't done it!

walkthrough

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
01-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Cast Bio on him
Cast Hastega
Cast Protect on your hole party
Use Rikku to throw Fire gems you steal from grenades on the mountain (get like 20)
Whenever he uses Lance of Atrophy use a Holy Water on that char immediately to waste his next turn
Summoning Aeons is useless unless they are in overdrive... its not necissary but helps if u are teh noobz0r
When he casts uber dispel cast hastega again
Just keep throwing Gems until he dies its not that tough of a fight i did it when my characters where hardly far at all on the sphere grid... my lulu hadnt even gotten to demi or the "aga" spells

Sain Cai
01-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Note that you can break the 9,999 damage with Valefor before you reach Seymour.

raskerino
01-10-2006, 02:57 AM
So most probably all of this has been said before but here goes:

(the below is from the boss faq by Haunter120 on gamefaqs)

Seymour Flux, Mortiorchis
HP: 70000, 4000

So you must deal about 70,000 damage without dying from his arsenal of attacks including mainly, Lance of Atrophy (again this info is stolen, with some ideas of my own and some not), Full-Life, Annihilation and dispel.

We can deal with these attacks thusly:
Lance of Atrophy casts zombie on a character- no threat a holy water quickly fies this and his follow up cast of Full-Life which would kill you heals you... no danger here.
Dispel can be annoying as haste is very helpful but once again it can be easily stopped, this time by silence (probably Wakka would be best for this, though Rikku's tosses are good for status).
Total Annihilation is his most dangerous move dealing maybe 3500-5000 damage. However Shell brings this move down a huge degree, it should do no more than 2000 to a shelled character. This can be cast by a white mage, or if you have it Kimahri's mighty guard.
Banish kills an aeon instantly, so only rely on a single attack from them such as an overdrive.
Seymour also has flare, but I think silence avoids that and a few other moves I can't recall- but nothing dangerous.

Your Way of Killing him:
There are many different ideas and here they are:
-Tidus is very useful, he does reasonable damage and can haste (hastega) your party.
-He has a huge weakness to poison which is easily exploited by a variety of moves, specifically bio from Lulu and item usage from Rikku.
-The standard Aeon sac strategy is effective, bringing in a few aeons with prepared overdrives can easily hugely deplete his HP.
-Heavy damage is of course helpful so your strongest characters should be used. Yuna's excellent as a healer/summoner and I like Tidus for haste skills and Wakka because of silence buster, which will keap Seymour on a leash.
-Wakka can stop Seymour from using dispel. This may not sound good but it means he won't cancel your haste or your shell- this turns out to be very helpful for surviving Annihilation.

He's probably (read:undoubtedly) the toughest yet but his attacks can all be equalized and with skills such as bio, aeons and strong attacks he shouldn't be too hard to knock off. If I remember rightly Mortiorchis has lower defense, so attacking it with physical attacks from Tidus or Auron is probably helpful (not Wakka because silencing Seymour is so helpful).

Hope this helps!

4evarisha
01-10-2006, 03:43 AM
cast bio.
Hurt him.
If he use magic.
Dispel him.
When his hp falls below 17000
Cast haste.
Bio hurt him.
Finish of with bahamut overdrive.

Psydekick
01-10-2006, 08:03 AM
So most probably all of this has been said before but here goes:

(the below is from the boss faq by Haunter120 on gamefaqs)

So you must deal about 70,000 damage without dying from his arsenal of attacks including mainly, Lance of Atrophy (again this info is stolen, with some ideas of my own and some not), Full-Life, Annihilation and dispel.

We can deal with these attacks thusly:
Lance of Atrophy casts zombie on a character- no threat a holy water quickly fies this and his follow up cast of Full-Life which would kill you heals you... no danger here.
Dispel can be annoying as haste is very helpful but once again it can be easily stopped, this time by silence (probably Wakka would be best for this, though Rikku's tosses are good for status).
Total Annihilation is his most dangerous move dealing maybe 3500-5000 damage. However Shell brings this move down a huge degree, it should do no more than 2000 to a shelled character. This can be cast by a white mage, or if you have it Kimahri's mighty guard.
Banish kills an aeon instantly, so only rely on a single attack from them such as an overdrive.
Seymour also has flare, but I think silence avoids that and a few other moves I can't recall- but nothing dangerous.

Your Way of Killing him:
There are many different ideas and here they are:
-Tidus is very useful, he does reasonable damage and can haste (hastega) your party.
-He has a huge weakness to poison which is easily exploited by a variety of moves, specifically bio from Lulu and item usage from Rikku.
-The standard Aeon sac strategy is effective, bringing in a few aeons with prepared overdrives can easily hugely deplete his HP.
-Heavy damage is of course helpful so your strongest characters should be used. Yuna's excellent as a healer/summoner and I like Tidus for haste skills and Wakka because of silence buster, which will keap Seymour on a leash.
-Wakka can stop Seymour from using dispel. This may not sound good but it means he won't cancel your haste or your shell- this turns out to be very helpful for surviving Annihilation.

He's probably (read:undoubtedly) the toughest yet but his attacks can all be equalized and with skills such as bio, aeons and strong attacks he shouldn't be too hard to knock off. If I remember rightly Mortiorchis has lower defense, so attacking it with physical attacks from Tidus or Auron is probably helpful (not Wakka because silencing Seymour is so helpful).

Hope this helps!
That is all you need to know