PDA

View Full Version : So are there any weapons that Square Enix has yet to use for their FF games?

Crossblades
01-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I think they already used up all types of weapons for the FF games, unless I'm wrong and there's still a type of weapon out there that they haven't used yet

Shin Gouken
01-09-2006, 04:43 PM
I think they already used up all types of weapons for the FF games, unless I'm wrong and there's still a type of weapon out there that they haven't used yet

now i havn't played all the final fantasy games, but i havn't seen anyone with a chainsaw yet. Or if your familiar with warhammer perhaps a chainsword? Now that would be cool :greenie:

Crossblades
01-09-2006, 04:49 PM
but i havn't seen anyone with a chainsaw yet. Or if your familiar with warhammer perhaps a chainsword? Now that would be cool :greenie:

Edgar from FF VI uses a chainsaw, but is a Chain Sword what Ivy uses from Soul Caliber II? If it is, I would love to see that in an FF game:)

Paninipower123
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
-The power of rings/orbs (magical user)
-Taser :cool:

Shin Gouken
01-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Edgar from FF VI uses a chainsaw, but is a Chain Sword what Ivy uses from Soul Caliber II? If it is, I would love to see that in an FF game:)

nah, a chainsword is basically a sword chainsaw :greenie: but your right, a sword that can mystically become a chain would be awesome too.

And hey, this would make way for weapons that can mystically become other weapons too. Like liono's dagger from thundercats who can turn his dagger into a sword. Or maybe a character who can mutate their arm like krauser from re4 :) i need to be quiet now :(

DMKA
01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Barret in FFVII can also get a chainsaw. It's been used.

SeeDRankLou
01-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Has a scythe been used?

Edit: I was thinking of the main characters when I posted this, a scythe has probably been used by a random enemy at some point, but I don't remember one of the main characters/villains using one?

Suikojowy
01-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Some sort of contraption that's both a GUN and a SWORD.

COULD YOU IMAGINE?!

Has a scythe been used?

Edit: I was thinking of the main characters when I posted this, a scythe has probably been used by a random enemy at some point, but I don't remember one of the main characters/villains using one?

Scythe's can be used in FFXI. No idea if that counts here though

Crossblades
01-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Scythe's can be used in FFXI. No idea if that counts here though

Yes, it does. If I recall, only Dark Knights can use them

Captain Maxx Power
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Weapons they haven't used in any FFs ever:

- Miniture Siege Weapons e.g. Mini-Catapult
- Rabid goofers attached to a large sausage by string
- Asthma medication
- The blunt side of a 1991 Ford Cortina
- A metaphor
- The complete works of shakespear
- Swordchucks

rubah
01-09-2006, 11:23 PM
No one's used a lightbulb for a weapon yet.

Ashley Schovitz
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Ivy's weapon is called a snakesword but what they did forget is a thisle which is a brush that has needlehair instead of horse hair
There's also an artsword, a sword that has sketches or images scanned onto it.

Wrist statue; a stone statue the can fit on your wrist that would turn to life and attack an opponet.

yoyo; well we all know what that is

A drossel: a ringblade

Scissorblade: A giant pair of scissors

NeoCracker
01-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Go SwordChucks! How about wires, like the ones walter used in the Hellsing Anime.

xtreme112
01-10-2006, 12:30 AM
-The power of rings/orbs (magical user)
-Taser :cool:

Loz has a cool looking Taser, and the power of orbs is materia, ffvii

Crossblades
01-10-2006, 01:11 AM
No one's used a lightbulb for a weapon yet.

It could be a throwing weapon:p

DJZen
01-10-2006, 01:27 AM
The following weapons have not been used in any FF to my knowledge:

Escrima
Tonfa
Kama
Man-Catcher
Flame Thrower
Katzbalger
Jo
Chains (wushu style)
Chinese Broad Sword
Machette
Tanto
Cattle Prod
Cat O' 9 Tails
Sgain Dubh

Museum Replicas Limited! Reprasent!

ljkkjlcm9
01-10-2006, 02:32 AM
How about a Sai, like Raphael from the Ninja turtles, that hasn't been used either

THE JACKEL

Slade
01-10-2006, 03:20 AM
How about a Sai, like Raphael from the Ninja turtles, that hasn't been used either

THE JACKAL
That would be most cool. He had the best weapons of the Ninja Turtles by far.

As for the topic, Gopherchucks. What else? :D

Crossblades
01-10-2006, 03:25 AM
The following weapons have not been used in any FF to my knowledge:

Escrima
Tonfa
Kama
Man-Catcher
Flame Thrower
Katzbalger
Jo
Chains (wushu style)
Chinese Broad Sword
Machette
Tanto
Cattle Prod
Cat O' 9 Tails
Sgain Dubh

Museum Replicas Limited! Reprasent!

I think the tonfa was used in either FF I or FF III

Neco Arc
01-10-2006, 11:13 AM
tofu would make a great weapon... and bubble wrap... maybe even a fireman's hose...

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
01-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Frying pan? (ala Earthbound?)

ljkkjlcm9
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I think the tonfa was used in either FF I or FF III
Definitely not I, I think maybe in III, but I do remember it in one now that you say it, I still want to see a Sai!

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
01-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I aint seen any Sycles yet.

Dragoon Kain
01-11-2006, 05:26 AM
aww i was going to say swordchucks :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry:

?????
01-11-2006, 10:21 AM
They haven't used double-bladed lightsabers yet. I don't believe that anyone's used a rapier, either. Also, no playable character in the series' history has ever used a simple handgun. Irvine had several military-grade rifles, Barret had a gun for an arm, and Balthier is apparently going to get primitive firearms. In fact, thus far the only character we've seen using a handgun that looks anywhere close to widely available is Rufus.

Neco Arc
01-11-2006, 12:06 PM
They haven't used double-bladed lightsabers yet. I don't believe that anyone's used a rapier, either. Also, no playable character in the series' history has ever used a simple handgun. Irvine had several military-grade rifles, Barret had a gun for an arm, and Balthier is apparently going to get primitive firearms. In fact, thus far the only character we've seen using a handgun that looks anywhere close to widely available is Rufus.

rapiers were used in FFTA...

Crossblades
01-11-2006, 02:27 PM

What about Vincent?

starseeker
01-13-2006, 08:56 PM
The gunner dressphere from FFX-2 uses handguns, but that count?

rubah
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
let's go aboriginal and suggest boomerangs!

ljkkjlcm9
01-13-2006, 11:44 PM
As pointed out, Rapiers were in FFTA, also they were in FFI, in the first shop. Vincent used a hangun, and any gunner class used a handgun, ie, FFTA, FFV, FFX-2

I want to see the SAI

THE JACKEL

TheSpoonyBard
01-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Crampons.

Little Blue
01-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Phasers?
Bat'Leths?

Desert Wolf
01-14-2006, 01:20 AM
My friend attacked me with a piece of cardboard and cotton wool today.Crazy yet effective.And i had a stick!

NeoCracker
01-14-2006, 01:37 AM
Those wierd little sticky hands

Captain Maxx Power
01-14-2006, 01:13 PM
let's go aboriginal and suggest boomerangs!

Sorry, already done. Several times actually.

I do have another suggestion after playing Worms Armageddon : Super Sheep.

Lost Number
01-14-2006, 03:30 PM
The katzbalger has been used before, I think. How about the age old Belfast favourite, the sap! Consisting of half a brick in a sock! The ultimate thief weapon! Or mugger.

PramTheOracle
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
They need a Rat-Flail

YTDN
01-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Sarcasm and Dry wit. I attack people with that.

Other idea:
Chainsaw-chucks
wet haddocks
sharp pencils/pens/rulers etc.
And my favourite, a radioactive chair.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I really can't think of any genuine weapons that haven't been used yet, but I could think of classes that haven't been main characters yet, but that's getting off topic.

rubah
01-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry, already done. Several times actually.

I do have another suggestion after playing Worms Armageddon : Super Sheep.
The only I can think of is one of the ninja crescents from ff5.

NeoCracker
01-14-2006, 11:19 PM
The BK5000

Captain Maxx Power
01-14-2006, 11:30 PM
The only I can think of is one of the ninja crescents from ff5.

I seem to recall FF4's most recent GBA incarnation having a Boomerang weapon, as well as FF6. For some reason I semi-recall seeing boomerangs several times. Never chipmunk boomerangs however.

Nick Schovitz
01-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Scissorblade and a Drossel what about those Gold Rings Mint uses in Threads of Fate? I still haven't seen a lasersword yet, nor a battle wrench.

NeoCracker
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Im going with removeable tough attachment.

Medi
01-15-2006, 01:56 AM
I don't think they've used a mace, but maybe they have. They also haven't used a scythe in the FF games, but in Chrono Trigger, Magus had one.

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Flails (pointy ball on chain) were in FFVI, but I don't think I've seen a fixed mace (pointy ball on a stick) anywhere.

Crossblades
01-15-2006, 04:09 AM
Flails (pointy ball on chain) were in FFVI, but I don't think I've seen a fixed mace (pointy ball on a stick) anywhere.

FF II

YTDN
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Lumps of radioactive stuff. Like plutonium. And i bet there some dangerous thing in th Mako readtors they could use.

Rase
01-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Pocketknife ftw. Or maybe a Yo-yo, those are pretty dangerous.

Anyway, I don't think anyone ever uses a Glaive or Halberd.

DJZen
01-15-2006, 09:35 PM

THE JACKAL

Sai and jutte are parrying weapons. They're also not bladed, contrary to popular belief.

Miriel
01-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Has any FF game used a fencing sword as a weapon?

And I don't think I've ever seen the Indonesian Latajang featured in any FF game.

ljkkjlcm9
01-16-2006, 02:01 AM
Sai and jutte are parrying weapons. They're also not bladed, contrary to popular belief.
Uhm, I know how to use the sai, I've trained with them, and I know they're not bladed, but either way they can be powerful weapons, just as useful as any other weapon. Plus maybe they give a slight boost to defense as well due to their defensive nature. It's more than possible to be a useful weapon in a FF game.

THE JACKEL

Yuffie514
01-16-2006, 02:31 AM
i don't know, but i'd liked to see a chakram in full use. i know it exists as a Throw weapon.

mooglebunni608
01-16-2006, 03:38 AM
now i havn't played all the final fantasy games, but i havn't seen anyone with a chainsaw yet. Or if your familiar with warhammer perhaps a chainsword? Now that would be cool :greenie:
Vincent's Hellmasker limit break. i think (vII)

Crossblades
01-16-2006, 04:29 AM
I would love to see these weapons called Hook Swords in an FF game:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/50129_small.jpg