PDA

View Full Version : Chemist

Shin Gouken
01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Who uses this job ability? I experimented with one for the first time last night and found some interesting results. Dark flare has quickly become one of my favorite attacks :) But i also found liliths kiss which didnt work because i found it while fighting a boss. And dragon armour which i didnt get a chance to scan after using it so didnt find out what it did.

So who uses a chemist and what attacks do you find most usefull?

rubah
01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Basically I just use chemists because lenna's outfit is cute.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588331.html
Refer to the 'item mixing chart'

Shin Gouken
01-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Basically I just use chemists because lenna's outfit is cute.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588331.html
Refer to the 'item mixing chart'

hmmm interesting *rubs chin thoughtfully*

i can see a few of those moves being helpfull. For example, apart from bonemail, there is no other way to protect from instant death attacks. I probabley wouldn't train one though.

Crossblades
01-10-2006, 03:26 AM
I never use a Chemist

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I used to use a Chemist in the final battle before I got into the habit of just miming Bahamut, Gil Toss, and Sword Dance.

Shin Gouken
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
I used to use a Chemist in the final battle before I got into the habit of just miming Bahamut, Gil Toss, and Sword Dance.

how did you use your chemist though? For Dark flare and protection from instant death sure, but what else was useful. Theres alot of protect spells (like from elements but of which x-death rarely uses) and lots of status spells which i wouldn't of thought would work against x-death

lord shishio
01-12-2006, 02:05 AM
I don't even think I used it once.

abrojtm
01-12-2006, 03:27 AM
I used it in the fight against Leviathan for some reason, and I discarded it somewhat quickly afterwards.

NeoCracker
01-12-2006, 08:10 AM
It sucks. The chemist is useless.

Me like saying hateful things.

Ultima Shadow
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
It sucks. The chemist is useless.

Me like saying hateful things.Hateful but true. Chemists DOES suck.

eestlinc
01-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Giant Drink is useful! Plus the Angel Robe, which only a Chemist can equip, protects from status ailments.

Carmilla
02-22-2006, 02:13 AM
I only found one use of the Chemist. That was mixing Maidens Kiss and Holy Water and using it on the last boss. That allows you to skip his Neo 2nd form and beat him in the lamest/cheapest way possible. :choc2:

Shin Gouken
02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Why Would You Skip neo x-death :confused: he's awesome!!!

Carmilla
02-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Why Would You Skip neo x-death :confused: he's awesome!!!

Because sometimes you just wanna see the ending and dont wanna sit through the 2nd fight. :mog:

boys from the dwarf
02-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I only found one use of the Chemist. That was mixing Maidens Kiss and Holy Water and using it on the last boss. That allows you to skip his Neo 2nd form and beat him in the lamest/cheapest way possible. :choc2:
whats the attack called or is it some kind of glitch in the game.

Shin Gouken
02-23-2006, 08:24 AM
It's called maidens kiss and if i remember, it casts Beserk, haste and something else on the target. I read it can be used to Beserk Omega, even though Omega is immune to Beserk. I guess it works on everything.

If you Beserk something, after effects don't take place. For example, you can beserk alta roit (the 6 mage bosses in the dungeon to X-deaths Castle in the cleft of dimension) and they won't take their dragon form when they die.

Masamuneˇ1600
02-23-2006, 09:56 PM
What Shin is referring to is a glitch known as the Kiss of Blessing, which is essentially tantamount to cheating. Kiss of Blessing occurs by Mixing a Maiden's Kiss and a Revivify/Holy Water. It causes Haste, Image and Berserk on anything, even if that target is immune to any or all of those statuses. Berserked enemies completely ignore their normal AI scripts, which completely removes any semblance of challenge from Omega. Because it screws with the AI scripts, it prevents the Neo Ex-Death battle from following Ex-Death. It also affects Gilgamesh battle events, and can allow one to fight one-time enemies like Catoblepas more than once.

Carmilla
02-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Hmm, im the one that brought up this Chemist mixing glitch yet havent even tried it on Shinryu and Omega. Does it work on them too?

Masamuneˇ1600
02-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Kiss of Blessing is effective against everything, including Shinryuu and Omega.

boys from the dwarf
02-24-2006, 07:39 AM
sounds cheap, i wont bother with it.

Alexander
02-24-2006, 06:28 PM
I liek CHemist in the middle of the game. I like to double my HP against Gilgamesh XDDD

But like everyone else, Chemist quickly got outclassed by Bahamut, Gil Toss and Sword Dance xD