PDA

View Full Version : A question for those that played the FF XII Demo

Crossblades
01-10-2006, 03:34 AM
What abilities did each playable character have?

dynek
01-11-2006, 08:17 PM
i already have played it... but is just a demo they have the same magics and the same items ... the ablities you just cant use it...

the only thinh u can use is the summons but iis just only a demo and you just can't control it

Ouch!
01-11-2006, 09:13 PM
There was black, white, green, and time magic for every character. No character had all of them, but the fact that they were all listed whether or not that character had any spells of that type leads me to believe that everyone has the capability to learn the spells.

Awesomeman
01-13-2006, 03:03 AM
There was really only three character classes.All the ranged characters had the same magic(Penelo and Balthier),the fast characters had the same magic and could summon(Vaan and Ashe),and the powerful characters had the same magic(Basch and Fran).I really hope they fix that and give everyone unique abilities.

boys from the dwarf
01-13-2006, 07:54 AM
you realy cant judge from demos. just wait til the game comes out.

DMKA
01-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't know. It was really fun and awesome though.

chionos
01-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Considering how much of the battle system has been fashioned after ffxi, i wonder if there will be weapons skills and non-magic abilities like Provoke or Sneak Attack. It was disconcerting that there was no option in the menu for abilities like that in the demo, I hope that they're there in the final form. The FFXI battle system that FFXII seems to borrow from would be desparately boring if the only options available to you were auto-attack and magic(summoning/items too) Let's hope that the skeleton battle system we saw in the demo is more fleshed out next august

Miriel
01-15-2006, 05:17 PM
The thing was FFXI's battle system is that FFXI relies heavily on the class system, which I didn't really see in the FFXII demo. Everyone could fight, everyone could do a little white magic, everyone could do a little black magic. I wish there were a more clear separation of classes and hopefully there will be in the final version.

Matrinka
01-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Everything felt too generic to me. The battle system didn't capture my interest. In fact, I spent more time being annoyed by the camera than anything else.

I'm going to give the game a fair chance when it comes out, but my fingers are staying crossed that my opinion will improve. If anything, the demo made me care a little bit less about the game being released.

Sephiroths Clone
01-15-2006, 08:10 PM
I dont see how you could be annoyed by the camera, when it can be fully controlled by you...

Matrinka
01-16-2006, 01:15 AM
The camera was so fully moveable that I was distracted while play. :P

I don't care all the reasons why YOU like it. I don't. Enough said.