PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

Rengori
01-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Anyone else think it's as hard as hell without cheats against the AI?

Mr. Mojo Risin
01-10-2006, 04:34 AM
It was hard before I learned how to use bunkers.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-10-2006, 04:44 AM
The computer cheats but with enough defensive structures it's pretty easy to defeat. My spore/sunken colony combo and a few lurkers are usually good enough to let me build up and defeat my enemy.

KH-Cloudy
01-10-2006, 04:45 AM
RUSH LINGS~~! :D

Lionx
01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
It depends, if its vs like story missions, then its pretty easy >_>; But if its vs 1v7 comps i usually do supply depot wall and hold them off til i can get enough units. You just cant rush in those maps...they all choose one guy and bumrush the hell off of them. But no, if i lose, i lose, and come back again and again analyzing what i did wrong.

The CPU is upped in the recent patch, so theres a new challenge now.

Markus. D
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Terran vs Protos = Terran.
Protos vs Zerg = Protos.
Zerg vs Terran = Zerg.

tactically hard.

i love it.

Lionx
01-10-2006, 12:34 PM
I am pretty sure you can beat any race with any other race out there as long as you are smart and remember your build orders.

that being said, Terran / Protoss team is one of the most bs combos out there..

Markus. D
01-10-2006, 12:36 PM
im just saying the advantages over the others.

Lionx
01-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I dont really see anything about advantages up there...>_>;

Markus. D
01-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Terran vs Protos = Terran. - Shield Nulling.
Protos vs Zerg = Protos. - Dont remember
Zerg vs Terran = Zerg. - meh... im gonna re-install Morrowind and Roleplay something...

Lionx
01-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Terran vs Protoss is dependant on the strategies they use. Its of course essential to learn Lockdown/EMP, however to counter that the Protoss can easily use Stasis field to null half of your forces(might include your vessel). Psi Storm is also a good counter against tanks as two of them will kill them if they are in seige mode and has awesome range as well. Try Feedback vs the vessel too.

I feel that protoss vs Zerg is a war of who can get their units out the fastest, if the protoss player is slow, expect alot of Zerglings/Hydras to keep pressuring you as they expand(and they NEED units to expand). Otherwise, i feel a Dark Archon Maelstrom or Templar Psi Storm with basic units are going to win out. Watch for Plague though...it really hurts against protoss.

Zerg vs Terran is dependant on what happens...alot..Firebats can easily wipe Zerg's Hydra/Zergling especially with Marine/Medic backup. Two fire blases and up to 3-5 Zerglings can explode; Firebats are devasting vs Zerg. Plague however is also a pain in the ass, especially if the pressure you afterward..as your buildings will eventually explode. Tanks are very good as long as they are backed up so no Zergling/Ultra is going to just one-handedly..kill them >_> Tanks are Zerg base killers as they tend to be smaller and more efficient in a sense(more splash too), therefore less buildings to kill. Zerg Lurkers though are very very deadly as they can kill ALOT of infantry in a few strikes. Make alot of comsat for those and quickly make vessels and protect them against scourges.

I admit it was a little biased as i am a Terran player...but Terran are not weak at all vs Zerg, you just have to choose the right units and counter..and mostly Firebats and Tanks are going to win out with a little support from Marine/Goliaths. Not to say Zerg is weak vs Terran either, but there is no way a Zerg can just so easily trump a Terran player, especially against base expansion as Terran can move and build anywhere as they please.

edczxcvbnm
01-10-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't think the game is too hard. I think Brood Wars gets too hard. That last mission fucking sucks. I just cheated. I was all like "I'm not doing this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif! 30 minutes?!?! I am SLOW at the game. I bide my time. This sucks for me."

Upriser Spearmint!
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
It's been way too long since I played starcraft, you people still discuss it here?

Anyways, I remember really failing at that game against humans because I'm more defensive and built my strategy on getting the good stuff first instead of doing a Zerg rush or whatever it was called.

But that could usually work against the computer, and it works great when you're playing 3v3 with humans, two attack the other quickly gets high tech and blasts the other team out of the sky.

Good times.

Markus. D
01-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Terran vs Protoss is dependant on the strategies they use. Its of course essential to learn Lockdown/EMP, however to counter that the Protoss can easily use Stasis field to null half of your forces(might include your vessel). Psi Storm is also a good counter against tanks as two of them will kill them if they are in seige mode and has awesome range as well. Try Feedback vs the vessel too.

I feel that protoss vs Zerg is a war of who can get their units out the fastest, if the protoss player is slow, expect alot of Zerglings/Hydras to keep pressuring you as they expand(and they NEED units to expand). Otherwise, i feel a Dark Archon Maelstrom or Templar Psi Storm with basic units are going to win out. Watch for Plague though...it really hurts against protoss.

Zerg vs Terran is dependant on what happens...alot..Firebats can easily wipe Zerg's Hydra/Zergling especially with Marine/Medic backup. Two fire blases and up to 3-5 Zerglings can explode; Firebats are devasting vs Zerg. Plague however is also a pain in the ass, especially if the pressure you afterward..as your buildings will eventually explode. Tanks are very good as long as they are backed up so no Zergling/Ultra is going to just one-handedly..kill them >_> Tanks are Zerg base killers as they tend to be smaller and more efficient in a sense(more splash too), therefore less buildings to kill. Zerg Lurkers though are very very deadly as they can kill ALOT of infantry in a few strikes. Make alot of comsat for those and quickly make vessels and protect them against scourges.

I admit it was a little biased as i am a Terran player...but Terran are not weak at all vs Zerg, you just have to choose the right units and counter..and mostly Firebats and Tanks are going to win out with a little support from Marine/Goliaths. Not to say Zerg is weak vs Terran either, but there is no way a Zerg can just so easily trump a Terran player, especially against base expansion as Terran can move and build anywhere as they please.
as ive said before, im just saying some teams have advantages of others.

which is a balance..

which is why I love it.