PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Mana

Carmilla
01-10-2006, 04:44 AM
I just beat Legend of Mana today for the first time (i played it for the first time a week ago) and it has got to be the WORST Square game ever made. What a complete and utterly pointless game!

From the slow and awkward 'stutter step' battle system to the pathetic ease and lack of difficulty. To the incomrehensible storyline childish look and dialogue of the game. This game is worse and nothing short of a complete failure when compared to Sword of Mana and Secret of Mana.

Secret of Mana had a cool and simple way to upgrade weapons. Find a orb of power and poof its more powerful. But i guess they thought tempering your sword with Turnips, Grapes, and Plant seeds was the way of the future...

Granted, this game is pretty old now and maybe that has something to do with me hating it, since i only played it for the first time a few days ago... but come on!

Also, another thing i noticed is that Final Fantasy Tactics, VII, VIII, IX, Chrono Cross, and Vagrant Story all have been rereleased for the PS1 as a 'Greatest Hit' version. Not so for Legend of Mana...

Am i the only one with this opinion? :mog:

Endless
01-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Add another to the list of "I didn't get that the story isn't about my character so the game sucks" list. *sigh*
And to the "I don't get tempering so it sucks" list aswell.

Prancing Mad
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I played it through a few times, and personally, if you've played through the Jumi storyline, yo uwill find that that's what the entire story should've been made about. I don't like open-concept games, because that usually means there will be minimal storyline. BTW if there's any in the universe who's played it as much as I have and gets it better, answer me this please: From reading the World History books, are you supposed to get the idea that you were an angel sent to rebuild the world once it was destroyed?

Dreddz
01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
I found the game to be something truely special, one of those games that sticks with you no matter what.

Coop
01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
i liked that game mostly because it had a 2 player mode