PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Ashe's face???

goosebump
01-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Somebody told me this so I just noticed. Something was done with Ashe's face. Check these two pictures out.

Ashe as I know:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/goosebump/ashepretty.jpg

Ashe that makes me kinda shocked:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/goosebump/ashe-new.jpg

As first, I intends to argue with that person about it, but then I go to the link where that person said they got the picture from , www.ff12.com, which is the official website of ff12 and see that the werid picture is in there.
If you don't believe me, go to the web site and check it your own.

Man, are Square staff actually plan to make Ashe looks like that?
That ain't so pretty.

boys from the dwarf
01-10-2006, 06:00 PM
theres one similar but with vaan. im not sure what they are but im pretty sure they wont be used in the game.

Matrinka
01-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Its kinda odd... they layered her hair, she no longer has an upturned nose, and her eyes are less round and more almond shaped.

I wonder what prompted the change?

boys from the dwarf
01-11-2006, 07:44 AM
im pretty sure the one in the background of the second one will be used in the game though.

Mirage
01-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Judging by the latest clips and previews, they're going with the latter version. I like that better anyway, she looks more tough and independent, not some cute girl who's going to need a rescue by her hero.
They fucked up on that background though, her new face doesn't fit to that pose. It looks more natural ingame.

Lord Xehanort
01-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Her nose nearly doubled in size...

Ew...

Matrinka
01-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Her nose nearly doubled in size...

Ew...

Her nose is almost exactly the same size as it was before... its just not upturned anymore. I'm actually happy about it - no more distracting huge nostrils.

Lord Xehanort
01-11-2006, 03:37 PM
It looks longer and more prominent.

Maybe it's the angle of her head.

chungmyster
01-12-2006, 03:00 AM
that just might b the messed up pic they released
cuz in all the trailers i watched she look
like the 1st pic put up
n the 2nd pic look darker...:confused:

Awesomeman
01-12-2006, 03:13 AM
The first picture was released in 2004.It is also a drawing.The second one is more recent and is using an in-game model.If you don't believe me, play the demo.

Lord Xehanort
01-12-2006, 03:14 AM
She needs to lengthen her skirt... you can see the bottom crest of her ass...

Or, they can keep that, and make Vaan's outfit equally revealing...

goosebump
01-12-2006, 04:05 AM
Nah, just because she looks cute doesn't mean she's one of those girls who needs rescue. Anyway,I think her new is a little too big in the new version. Maybe just this wall that I don't think she looks pretty because I think she's still look fine in those trailers.

Reles
01-12-2006, 04:21 AM
I like the large picture in the second, not necessarily the small one. But the change doesn't disappoint me too much.

Matrinka
01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
I agree; I like the large picture of Ashe in the second image, but not the full body shot. She looks like she should be joining a softball team.

marc
01-12-2006, 09:05 PM
I once joined a softball team, but to my disapointment realised it was a male one, then they kicked me out.
I mean Rounders... wtf?

Mirage
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
The first picture was released in 2004.It is also a drawing.The second one is more recent and is using an in-game model.If you don't believe me, play the demo.
Wrong, the first wallpaper is also a 3D model, and she looked like that in the early screenshots and movies.

Slade
01-14-2006, 03:14 AM
I never liked the face on the original full bodied shot anyway, so i don't mind this change. As for the close up, she hasn't really changed that much. The nose and eye size are the biggest changes that I can see.

Markus. D
01-14-2006, 04:58 AM
im glad she doesnt look part rabbit now.

Awesomeman
01-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Wrong, the first wallpaper is also a 3D model, and she looked like that in the early screenshots and movies.

I'm a gagillion times wrong and your sorta right:mad:

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-14-2006, 08:38 AM
She needs to lengthen her skirt... you can see the bottom crest of her ass...
Or, they can keep that, and make Vaan's outfit equally revealing...
How abuot we keeps it like that but without the part where I look at a metrosexuals "junk". Then everything will be okay:angel:

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2006, 12:23 PM
How abuot we keeps it like that but without the part where I look at a metrosexuals "junk". Then everything will be okay:angel:

Well, this recent trend of portraying female Square characters as 'sluts/hoochies/tramps' is getting old. That skirt would deteriorate with a good wind. I want some bishonen with revealing outfits, dammit! Give Vaan some shorts that show off his ass, and I won't complain.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-14-2006, 01:14 PM
I yearn for the days when it could be argued that the change was merely a hoax (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50736).

crashNUMBERS
01-16-2006, 12:17 AM
What's up with Ashe's face???Vaan punched her.

sub zero
01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
i dont realy care what the charicters look like i only hope the storie is good with a balanced attack and magic system

greekanimeguy
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
i prefer the new look.. it fits her rebellious personality more than the previous one

moogle maniac
01-27-2006, 10:20 PM
ewwww is all i can say for the 2nd pic

Savannah
02-20-2006, 12:26 AM
It's hilarious to watch fanboys in an uproar because she isn't omg the hottest she could possibly be.

That aside, I think her eyes and nose look suspiciously like Belfrear's in the second picture.

Afterthought: Is it just me or is her ass bigger?

mooglebunni608
02-20-2006, 11:06 PM
her nose is waaaaaaaaayto big ew!

Llednar Twem
02-21-2006, 01:26 AM
OMG, her butt is green!

dragoon_revolver
02-21-2006, 05:34 AM
iono if this has bin stated b4 in this or another thread(didnt c it here but i coulda missed it)
in ne case i read(cant really say where coz i dont remember) dat Ashe's character model was changed 2 make her luk more french rather than japanese...tho i do think her original full body pic luks better than d second...but her second close up face pic is much better...just ma opinion
i also read in d same place dat her revealin outfit is coz of d climate in ivalice which should b obvious if u notice dat in sum of d trailers it shows ppl wearin outfits just as and more revealin than hers

edit-
i found where i read those things
i read it at wikipedia.org
herre it b
Akihiko Yoshida, the character designer of Final Fantasy XII, states that Ashe's physical features were designed with the intent of making her look vaguely French: "the base of her bone structure is a French person's. We were given orders from the start to not make her look like an Asian. But we modified her a bit to look more like a Japanese for the sake of the Japanese audience, and also since a character that looks completely French makes some of the CG expressions difficult." When asked about her rather revealing clothing, Yoshida commented that "Dalmasca is supposed to have a hot climate."

Acid Raine
03-19-2006, 06:27 PM
OMG, her butt is green!
(this isnt too old, is it? I mean, it is almost 1 month...)

Hahaha! It's molding! Ever since Vaan turned metro, she stopped getting some.

FallenAngel411
03-20-2006, 02:46 AM
I think she was abnormally pretty in the first pic, and has been brought down to human levels of attractiveness in the second. Now she looks more like a character I may relate to myself. I like it.

Mirage
03-20-2006, 12:05 PM
OMG, her butt is green!
(this isnt too old, is it? I mean, it is almost 1 month...)

Hahaha! It's molding! Ever since Vaan turned metro, she stopped getting some.

Vaan's girlfriend is Penelo, not Ashe.

Acid Raine
03-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Well, I havent really taken it upon me to learn anything about the game, because I am not too psyched about it. Im still probably going to buy it, I'm just not in a hurry because I was too disappointed with the other Ivalice ones (GET A NEW WORLD !@#!@#)

Mirage
03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, the name of the world is clearly relevant to the overall quality of the game.
In how many fantasy games haven't the world been called either Gaia/Gaea or Terra?

Feeling the Romance
03-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Ashe is ment to have a French bone structure, right?
I'm pretty sure I heard that in an interview with Tetsuya himself. She looked pretty strange to me at first, but she'll grow. But jeez! Cover her up, her skirt is more like a belt! And don't evan get me started on Fran ><"

Goose
04-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Wow... did someone smack her in the back of the head in the second one... She has a bump... what the heck... Which one is going to be ingame... i hope they make her look good.

Avarice-ness
04-03-2006, 04:26 AM
The only thing I noticed..
Was that in the bottom one, she looks older.
Because her eyes arn't as large.|
They're more narrow. Strange. :O_O:

Ballistix Man
04-03-2006, 05:35 AM
Just a questtion. Is she pickin her nose.

Goose
04-04-2006, 03:24 AM
Hahaha... we do not know why she is picking her nose. But, she looks so funny.