PDA

View Full Version : I need some help in Morrowind...

Markus. D
01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I need some inspiration for some job-classes.

this also general Morrowind disscussssssion.

Lord Xehanort
01-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Class: Warlord
Sign: Lady
Fave Atts: Strength and Endurance
Specialization: Combat
Major Skills: LB, Marksman, HA, Block, Destruction
Minor Skills: Restoration, Acro, Athlete, Speechcraft, Mercant

Now if I can learn how to make items with constant effects, I'll pwn Tamriel.

Captain Maxx Power
01-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Thing about Morrowind is that as your character levels up, monsters gain levels also. Their stats also go up exponentially in comparison to yours. UNLESS you know how it works.

The game checks what skills you have used before you level-up. It then adds towards your stat multiplier bonus (of which you can select up to three attributes to increase, with a multiplier between 1 and 5). Major and Minor skills have no cap on them. Miscellaneous skills can only count towards x2 max.

Let's take an example. Say I'm running a Spellsword who has Long Blade, Blocking, Medium Armour, Restoration and Destruction as some of his primary attributes. Let's say I've managed to level up at least ten of these skills (you need to gain ten in any of your major or minors to level-up). I've got 3 in Long Blade, 1 in Blocking, 1 in Medium Armour, 2 in Restoration and 3 in Destruction. Every skill you gain counts towards 0.5 of a multiplier. Long Blade is associated with Strength, so that's 1.5 towards Strength multiplier (rounded to 1), 1 towards Agility from blocking (0.5) 1 towards Endurance from Medium Armour (0.5) and 5 towards Willpower from Restoration and Destrution (2.5). Now let's say I've been dabbling in some miscellaneous skills in the meantime before this level-up. I've increased my Acrobatics by 11 due to all the jumping I've been doing, which if it were a Major or Minor skill would give 5.5 towards my multiplier. However, because of the cap on misc skills it only counts towards 2, giving 3.5 overall.

The trick of course is to always make sure that you can level up three stats with a 5 times multiplier each level, thus allowing for maximum statage(?). The way I usually do this is to have a Primary Stat I intend to max immediately and have all the stats associated with it as my Majors. So for example if I wanted to max Agility I would Major Marksmanship, Light Armour, Block and sneak. Then I choose the stats I was going to max last and set all their skills as the last Majors and Minors. So if I was going to max Intelligence last, I would select Alchemy, Conjuration, Enchant and Security. Since I won't be using these skills they won't count towards your level-ups. The trick is to make sure your levels are controlled and only count towards one stat. This will give you 5 naturally without having to try. Then of course you need to level-up your miscellaneous skills. You need to gain at least ten gains for a full stat, which means at least four for two skills and two for another. The best way to do this is to spread your training and always train up the weakest skill, since it'll be easiest to train and cost less at trainers.

Quite a lot but it will help out. If you're unsure then check the Attribute Advancement FAQ at Gamefaqs. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/913818.html)

Lord Xehanort
01-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Or you could just make the following spells, in order:

Fortify Willpower 20 points for 2 sec on target + Soultrap for 1 sec on self
((cast this spell MANY TIMES, while looking straight down in first-person mode)
Fortify Willpower 100 points for 2 sec on target + Soultrap for 1 sec on self + Fortify (put in all attributes, except strentgh and speed, in any order)
Fortify Strength 100 (see note) points 2 sec target + Soultrap for 1 sec on self + Fortify Speed 25 (see note) points for 2 sec on target
(NOTE: You can change this value. You only want speed to be fortified a maximum of 100 points. More than that is INSANE, and difficult to control. Strength should not be fortified more than 400 points, since more than that can break your weapons in one swing. So adjust them accordingly)

Now, fortify your attributes to whatever you want. I like 4000 everything, except speed and strength, which I fortify by a max of 100 and 400, respectively. The Soultrap in the second slot will make the spell PERMANENT.

This also works with some alteration spells. I made a spell callec 'I R JESUS', which gave me permanent waterwalk. Sadly, this means I can't ever swim, which keeps me from some areas of some bandit caves. but I think I can dispel the waterwalk...

Markus. D
01-11-2006, 01:19 AM
I actually made a Hermit.

Sign: The Steed (for hella quick running).
Major Skills: Alchemy (For self healing), Illusion (to paralyze my victims), Light Armour (Speedy minute defence), Alteration (Stuff for flash jumps and levitation), Conjuration (my protection while I snipe).
Minor Skills: Restoration (Jack of All trades and other luck risers), Dodge (eventually never being touched), Athletics (Good transport with a couple of mentionable items), Acrobatics (if I run out of MP it seconds as my jumping), Marksman (Stacking damage upon my conjurations).

Lord Xehanort
01-11-2006, 01:30 AM
I don't even know if I USED dodge...

I'll buy some levels in it.

Markus. D
01-11-2006, 01:45 AM
im playing this game for the alchemy if anything.

the rest is just for defending myself (and with 10 summons up im gonna scare myself.)

Captain Maxx Power
01-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Or you could just make the following spells, in order:

Or you could not. Seriously, cheats make baby Jesus cry. Don't do it kids. If this is your first time through then don't hack or cheat. You really don't need to. You just need to play smart and plan ahead.

Lord Xehanort
01-11-2006, 08:11 PM
It's not cheating. It 's using the spellmaking system to your advantage.

Markus. D
01-11-2006, 11:19 PM
hacking and cheating is exploiting glitches (like the ebony sword thats in a certain rock) by using the database (accessible with this button "`~").

the games more roleplay then combat anyway, so meh...

Lord Xehanort
01-12-2006, 12:51 AM
My ebony sword was dropped by some guy I wasted...

I had good reason to exploit the glitches... this game screwed me over, so bad, I had to restart TWICE.

Markus. D
01-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Spellmaking isnt cheating either.

only if you use "`~" to make them.

Lord Xehanort
01-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Spellmaking isnt cheating either.

only if you use "`~" to make them.

WHAT???????

"`~" isn't on an XBox controller!!!

*light bulb*

OH! You play PC!

Captain Maxx Power
01-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I had good reason to exploit the glitches... this game screwed me over, so bad, I had to restart TWICE.

I got screwed over about eight or nine times until I got my gear together and played smart. Really, using exploits (it's an exploit of a known bug, not "taking advantage") kills off cute little kittens.

http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal2/orly_white_cat.jpg

Selling out rules.