PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a place where FF8 can be honored

Lychon
01-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I just want to say that I love the Final Fantasy VIII section of this website. It kind of feels like I am in my element when I am posting threads and reading them, instead of being out in the open internet where all I've been noticing lately (and in the past) is Final Fantasy VII people throwing disparaging remarks about VIII and attempting to obscure its popularity. Anyways, here's to continued success of EoFF.com, and to Final Fantasy in general.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Paninipower123
01-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Cheers.

Soul of Tarsis
01-10-2006, 07:50 PM
No, everyone insults FFVII for no reason here instead :D .

Lychon
01-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, I hope not, lol...FFVII was a phenomenal game as well.

Paninipower123
01-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Hehe.

Rocket Edge
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Well, I hope not, lol...FFVII was a phenomenal game as well.
but 8 was better, the best in the series

Lychon
01-10-2006, 07:58 PM

Yes, I agree. Final Fantasy VIII is quite possibly the greatest human achievement of all-time. I know that may sound sarcastic, but it's not.

Soul of Tarsis
01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I think I might put the wheel above FFVIII...

Paninipower123
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
FF8 was the greatest Square achievement. :cool:

Lychon
01-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok, if someone discovered the cure for cancer, the anti-gravity device, and how to use water as a fuel, then maybe they'd be more important to humanity than Final Fantasy VIII. But it's gonna be close, I'll tell you that...lol.

Future Esthar
01-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes, I agree. Final Fantasy VIII is quite possibly the greatest human achievement of all-time. I know that may sound sarcastic, but it's not.

After the Bible.

*~Angel Wing~*
01-11-2006, 12:57 AM

YES!!! IT ABSOLUTELY WAS!!! :kaolove2::bigbiggri

The True seeD
01-11-2006, 01:07 AM
lol...VIII was the first FF I ever played, which means no matter how many I play, none of them can ever really "be better" than VIII.

*~Angel Wing~*
01-11-2006, 01:26 AM
lol...VIII was the first FF I ever played, which means no matter how many I play, none of them can ever really "be better" than VIII.
Yeah, the same with me. I don't think any other game could ever change my love for that game...:kaolove2: But even if I didn't play FF8 first, I think I still would have loved it better anyway!!!:grinpink: But I think the no matter what Final Fantasy it is, the first one you play will always have a special place in your heart...:kaolove:

The True seeD
01-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah... Like right now I'm addicted to beating FFVII again, but as soon as I'm done, I'm going to get an odd urge to play 8 again...

*~Angel Wing~*
01-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah... Like right now I'm addicted to beating FFVII again, but as soon as I'm done, I'm going to get an odd urge to play 8 again...
Probably the same with me...I'm trying to beat FF7 too. I don't know...everyone says "it's the best Final Fantasy ever!" but I don't get the same feeling for it as I did with FF8, and I personally don't think it was close to being as good as FF8.

Noj_R
01-11-2006, 02:04 AM

I agree completely! :D

rubah
01-11-2006, 03:47 AM
It's because we have taste and like a little fluff.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-11-2006, 03:58 AM
I agree with all! FFVIII was pretty fantastic! FFIX was the first FF game I ever played. As someone said earlier, the first one u play kinda has a special place in ur heart. after I played FFIX I got VIII and VII. I'm trying to beat FFVII again and the im on to VIII and then IX, X, and finally X-2. it's kind of like playing the history of FF(even though it's not chronological).

Dreddz
01-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Eugh, FFVIII kisses FFVII's shoes IMO

Lychon
01-11-2006, 06:59 PM
I agree that VIII is the best, but like you guys said above, whichever one is played first is usually the favored one. That is perhaps why Final Fantasy VII is often favored slightly greater than other fantasies, since it was the first of the "new and mainstream" games in the series. Hell, if I ever have enough money I'm just going to buy so much freaking air time on TV and play the opeing intro for FF8 over and over again, as a commercial for the game.

boys from the dwarf
01-11-2006, 07:33 PM
FF8 to me was the second best FF to me. but FF9 only just beat it for me but FF8 has the best character personality ever in any game i have seen which is why its so good.

Noj_R
01-11-2006, 07:42 PM
FF8 to me was the second best FF to me. but FF9 only just beat it for me but FF8 has the best character personality ever in any game i have seen which is why its so good.

I loved FF8 and FF9, what was the reason FF9 was better for you?

FF8 was the first one I played and had a story and characters I could relate to, thats FF8 is my fave :D ( besides the awesome music too )

Discord
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I played a half of FFVI, 60 minutes of all previous games, FFVII and FFVIII. FFVIII was the first and I liked it the most in a way, though FFVII was also very good. Didn't like FFVI though, apart from Celes in the opera.

Sanji
01-13-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree with all, but talkin' about game's strategy I prefer FVII!the materia thing and all... in FVIII is quite easy... we can do many things in FVII like making great combinations with materia, and the history is very good... but my first experience with final fantasy was on 8... I loved that game but whe I played 7 my opinion changed a little bit... but yet it still one of the best!!!! and Squall is the best (and the hottest =P) character they ever made!!! (him and SEPHIROTH of course!) I like he's personality... so mysterious... !

boys from the dwarf
01-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I loved FF8 and FF9, what was the reason FF9 was better for you?

FF8 was the first one I played and had a story and characters I could relate to, thats FF8 is my fave :D ( besides the awesome music too )
if i had to give FFs ratings out of 100 FF9 would be 100% and FF8 would be 99%. that how close they are but FF9 had some very interesting characters which werent too far off from FF8 character personalitys but i like the characters in FF9 more. the enemys of FF9 are a lot better and the bit on disk 3 with zidane and garland on the pandamonium and the part afterwards was the best scene in any FF and probly any game.the music is probly the best out of any FF and it seemed to have been more fantasy the the other FFs.

Christmas
07-21-2022, 03:03 AM
I honor FFVIII by dressing up as PuPu once a year and demand free stuff from people. :bigsmile:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-24-2022, 09:44 PM
I honor FFVIII by dressing up as PuPu once a year and demand free stuff from people. :bigsmile:

We're fresh out of elixirs.