PDA

View Full Version : This may be a stupid question!?

dynek
01-10-2006, 07:47 PM
okay it probably a stupid question but i need to ask 'cause i am curious.

the fmv square enix do to ff and kh is awesome but what kind of program they use ?

i know i can't do something like that but i want know how to do it...

Leeza
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
*moves to Help Forum*

Samuraid
01-11-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure what they use specifically, but three of the major 3D graphics tools in use these days are Maya, 3D studio Max, and Softimage.

EDIT: Although it seems that Autodesk owns both Maya and 3DS Max.

dynek
01-11-2006, 01:29 PM
hum... that kind of programs is hard to use... the guys work in square enix is really pros :D

but if anyone now how to do it please tell me...

i already work with maya 6.5, but i just can't do it the works they do... i need practise alot..

Samuraid
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM
It takes years of experience, a whole team of people, and a large cluster of computers (on the order of 1000 or more) to render.

dynek
01-11-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah i know... i have downloaded the softimage program demo version to see the diference between maya....

softimage have many good features... but maya have some good stuff i just can't decide wich is better...

anyway, i just now one thing for i make 5 seconds of fmv like ff i will take a year or much more :S thats bad...

i think i go give up ...

Maxico
01-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I know they used houdini for the water effects in FFX. I don't know if they used it for anything else though.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-11-2006, 08:48 PM
yeah i know... i have downloaded the softimage program demo version to see the diference between maya....

softimage have many good features... but maya have some good stuff i just can't decide wich is better...

anyway, i just now one thing for i make 5 seconds of fmv like ff i will take a year or much more :S thats bad...

i think i go give up ...

HEY!! WHOAA WHOAA WHOOOAA!!! Giving up!!?? Most artists know that the best thing about a finished piece is knowing how much effort and time went into it.. it makes you appreciate it more... don't give up yet... sure you can't do it a well as square, but who knows one day you could end up working with them... if you enjoy it (as im guessing you do) stick with it...