PDA

View Full Version : Black elemental

Kalmaegnar
01-10-2006, 10:26 PM
I can't beat this thing, maybe it's because my girls are rubish but if anyone knows haw to do it, please help. If you can't help I guess I'll just have to level up, but if you know an easy way I'd be greatful

Old Manus
01-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Taping down X usually works for most bosses

Upriser Spearmint!
01-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Hmmm, this is the boss that I had most trouble with when I played the game, what I did was use the Suicide ability to do 9999 damage, killing it instantly, I can't remember what dress sphere it is but it should come to me eventually. I will probably start another game soon anyways.

TheSpoonyBard
01-11-2006, 12:17 AM
You're thinking of Charon. Its on the Dark Knight DS, and will only kill the Black Elemental if the character's HP is above 5,000. (Charon damage = Character's max HP * 2)

Usually this boss has 9,999 HP, but when Oversouled it has 10,998 HP, meaing it cannot be killed in one hit unless you have an accessory that provides Break Damage Limit.

Unless you're playing a New Game+ you won't have the Cat Nip accessory yet, so that method cannot be used.

A good piece of advice is to use the Songstress' Magical Masque to negate all magic used by Black Elemental, meaning you are free to deplete its HP with attacks such as Darkness without the risk of being hit by Ultima.

Renmiri
01-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Use Mascot dressphere, The End or Higher Power GG and 2 Cristal Bangles. If your character is of a level high enough (50 works, less might work too) you will get more than 9,999 HP and the thing can't kill you with it's "ultima" attack, giving you time to revive your team with Mega phoenix (You can get a bunch of those by bribing that big bird on the north end of Djose road)

PS: If you don't have Mascot you can use Dark Knight DS but then you need to be level 60 at least to be above 9,999 HP with 2 crystal bangles.

Markus. D
01-11-2006, 04:33 AM
I thoughtfully Ubered this boss.

I used Florral Fallal.

boys from the dwarf
01-11-2006, 07:43 AM
maybe moving a few buttons for some of the harder bosses:D .

Kalmaegnar
01-11-2006, 05:06 PM
You're thinking of Charon. Its on the Dark Knight DS, and will only kill the Black Elemental if the character's HP is above 5,000. (Charon damage = Character's max HP * 2)

Usually this boss has 9,999 HP, but when Oversouled it has 10,998 HP, meaing it cannot be killed in one hit unless you have an accessory that provides Break Damage Limit.

Unless you're playing a New Game+ you won't have the Cat Nip accessory yet, so that method cannot be used.

A good piece of advice is to use the Songstress' Magical Masque to negate all magic used by Black Elemental, meaning you are free to deplete its HP with attacks such as Darkness without the risk of being hit by Ultima.

I think I'll try charon, yuna has more than 5000 hp with key to succes, and I have Invincible with break damage limit. The songstress' magical masque sounds great but I haven't got the crismon spheres.

Renmiri
01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Does Magical Masque work on Chac (that blasted petrifying snake from the 80th floor) ?

a nirvana fan
01-11-2006, 06:23 PM

Damn right.

Kalmaegnar
01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
It did die with charon, it went with a single blow, I could hardly belive it. What's the next loony I have to kill like? I bet it's hard

Lycaon
01-12-2006, 06:45 AM
The next guy your up againts is a Ginourmous slug...it can hit you for 15000 damage easily.
-And he has A LOT of hp.
-He is very slow so just hack away at him until he dies and just keep using Remedies and Pheonix Downs.
-He has extreme defense and auto-shell and auto-protect. (Auto-wall)
I'm not sure is you can dispell the shell/protect on him, but if you hit him for a decent amount of damage, maybe 6000-8000+ I think the sheild breaks for a moment. He is also immune to just about all ailments. This battle took me a while because i don't believe in using the cat nip.
But if your despirate, Trigger Happy+Cat nip will kill him in 5+ Trigger Happies.

Kalmaegnar
01-13-2006, 06:21 PM
The next guy your up againts is a Ginourmous slug...it can hit you for 15000 damage easily.
-And he has A LOT of hp.
-He is very slow so just hack away at him until he dies and just keep using Remedies and Pheonix Downs.
-He has extreme defense and auto-shell and auto-protect. (Auto-wall)
I'm not sure is you can dispell the shell/protect on him, but if you hit him for a decent amount of damage, maybe 6000-8000+ I think the sheild breaks for a moment. He is also immune to just about all ailments. This battle took me a while because i don't believe in using the cat nip.
But if your despirate, Trigger Happy+Cat nip will kill him in 5+ Trigger Happies.

I used cat nip and it was 3 Trigger Happies. I've just reached the final cloyster.
You really must be good to kill it without cat nip. I can't see how you can last long enough without it.

SeeDRankLou
01-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Does Magical Masque work on Chac (that blasted petrifying snake from the 80th floor) ?
No. The only way to make Chac easier is to oversoul it.

Lycaon
01-14-2006, 06:43 AM
I used cat nip and it was 3 Trigger Happies. I've just reached the final cloyster.
You really must be good to kill it without cat nip. I can't see how you can last long enough without it.

Actually I think i suck at this game. I beat it on my second try, i always let a boss kill me the first time so i get a feel for what im up against. The main thing i did to beat him was wear some extreme defense, hp and evasion items, makes him rather pathetic. I used my Lady Luck/Berserker Yuna, Alchemist/White mage Rikku, and Dark Knight/Samurai Paine.

Mitch
01-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Caress him gently

Renmiri
01-14-2006, 04:55 PM
No. The only way to make Chac easier is to oversoul it.
Huh ?

Won't that make him even stronger ?

TheSpoonyBard
01-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Chac doesn't use Heaven's Cataract when she's Oversouled.

The only changes to her stats are Level +1, HP +21,893, Agility +49 and Luck +4.

Markus. D
01-15-2006, 07:09 AM
rhus it makes her quicker though.

and dont forget her petrify cannot be guarded against.

Kalmaegnar
01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I sent the first message on the 10th and today is 15th and I've finished Via Infinito, I thought It would take longer. All I need now is mascot.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Use the special dresspheres. It would be easier. Using 9 guys instead of 3? Hmm, seems reasonalble.