PDA

View Full Version : This Is Bugging Me....

Dreddz
01-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Every FF board has a caption underneath its Link. Im not annoyed about that, Im just annoyed about what the FFVI board caption is.

Discuss what is held by most to be the best Final Fantasy of all time.

Im angry as you could argue that this caption is a lie. No offence, but FFVI isnt classed as the best FF game, no game is. And if there was, It would be FFVII obviously. I demand that the caption changes.

Psychotic
01-11-2006, 12:43 AM
FFVI has its own group of rabid fanboys that think it is the best game ever. I particularly enjoyed reading one of them saying FFVII was scum, or something, and that FFVI had better graphics.

Actually, most FFVI fanboys seem to hate FFVII because it gets all the credit. Removing that description and giving it to FFVII would cause a hilariously angry reaction, and EoFF would lose its status as the #1 place to be a FFVI fanboy.

Agent Proto
01-11-2006, 12:43 AM
So you're suggesting that the descriptions be changed on all the FF forums? Why, that's a good idea. I wonder if the staff will even consider this.

Perhaps they should have a contest or something for the members to describe the forums instead of the staff? Oh my. What a great idea Dreddz.

Raistlin
01-11-2006, 12:45 AM
It should be restated as "Discuss what is held by most of the idiots who haven't played FFT to be the best Final Fantasy of all time."

Doomie
01-11-2006, 12:45 AM
That's because FFVI IS the best, and Sephiroth is gay. End of story.

DK
01-11-2006, 12:58 AM
How can you argue that most peoples common opinion is that FFVI is the best FF is a lie? It depends on the group of people you're talking to. *shrugs*

Hawkeye
01-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I think there was a poll a long ways back that was pretty much voted by every person on EoFF about which FF game was the best of all time, and FFVI came out on top, thus that's probably why the admins put it there.

Yamaneko
01-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Everyone knows FFVIII and FFX are the gayest FFs in the series.

Raistlin
01-11-2006, 01:01 AM
I think there was a poll a long ways back that was pretty much voted by every person on EoFF about which FF game was the best of all time, and FFVI came out on top, thus that's probably why the admins put it there.
I don't remember any poll. I think it was just that way originally (and hence, arbitrarily and erroneously, since FFT is the best FF).

Hawkeye
01-11-2006, 01:05 AM
I could have sworn that was it only because I found no other suitable explanation on why that sub title was put there. I'll see if I can find it (don't hold your breath on that one)

Doomie
01-11-2006, 01:06 AM
EdgarxSabin is by far the creepiest gay couple.

DK
01-11-2006, 01:50 AM
gtfo Raisin, Tactics sux.

Dignified Pauper
01-11-2006, 01:57 AM
That's because FFVI IS the best, and Sephiroth is gay. End of story.

And FFT is a game in it's own class.

So, out of the numbered FF's VI is by far the best.

Raistlin
01-11-2006, 02:01 AM
gtfo Raisin, Tactics sux.
YOU suck, Dan. >=o

Del Murder
01-11-2006, 02:07 AM
How about we change 'most' to 'many'. A lot of people think it is the best, even if you don't. Of course, as time passes the generation of gamer that loved FFVI to death will become less and less of a portion of the gaming population. Now we put VII, but in 5 years it will be X.

DK
01-11-2006, 02:20 AM
YOU suck, Dan. >=o

And you never complained once. You even paid me once, it was so good.

Dreddz
01-11-2006, 02:29 AM
How about we change 'most' to 'many'. A lot of people think it is the best, even if you don't. Of course, as time passes the generation of gamer that loved FFVI to death will become less and less of a portion of the gaming population. Now we put VII, but in 5 years it will be X.
Can we just not have a caption naming the game as the FF audiences favourite.

Psychotic
01-11-2006, 02:44 AM
How about we change 'most' to 'many'. A lot of people think it is the best, even if you don't. Of course, as time passes the generation of gamer that loved FFVI to death will become less and less of a portion of the gaming population. Now we put VII, but in 5 years it will be X.I somewhat doubt that. FFVII made FF mainstream. Before FFVII, only a handful of people had heard of Final Fantasy or its characters. You could hardly say people like Locke or Kefka are well-known video game icons, like you can Cloud or Sephiroth. Even now, Square are making FFVII spin offs like Advent Children, which attract a lot of attention that the newer FF cannot ignore, but it didn't do the same for FFVI, and thusly it went ignored by a whole new generation of fans. The re-release of FFVI for the PlayStation was poorly timed, when FF's popularity began to wane, thanks to a mainly negative reaction (undeservedly so) to FFIX, thus elminating the frail chance it had of capturing the FFVII fan's hearts. They clearly don't intend on making the same mistake with VII.

Has FFX set the gaming world alight since its release? Does everyone know who Tidus is? Can we see Seymour winning a GameFAQs best villian poll, let alone making it to a best character final? No. Basically, it wasn't a hard task for FFVII to replace FFVI as the favourite, but it will be a heck of a task for FFX, or any future FF game for that matter, to replace FFVII as the FF everyone knows, especially as the FF series is increasingly being seen as stale and unoriginal.

There's my FF essay for the year, and it's only January. Future Esthar, eat your heart out. :cool:

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Sod off and stop being so picky or I'll cut your knackers off with a chainsaw.

rubah
01-11-2006, 03:43 AM
We already used that one.

I think it should be "Celes sucks so shut up already"

Del Murder
01-11-2006, 04:11 AM
I somewhat doubt that. FFVII made FF mainstream. Before FFVII, only a handful of people had heard of Final Fantasy or its characters. You could hardly say people like Locke or Kefka are well-known video game icons, like you can Cloud or Sephiroth. Even now, Square are making FFVII spin offs like Advent Children, which attract a lot of attention that the newer FF cannot ignore, but it didn't do the same for FFVI, and thusly it went ignored by a whole new generation of fans. The re-release of FFVI for the PlayStation was poorly timed, when FF's popularity began to wane, thanks to a mainly negative reaction (undeservedly so) to FFIX, thus elminating the frail chance it had of capturing the FFVII fan's hearts. They clearly don't intend on making the same mistake with VII.

Has FFX set the gaming world alight since its release? Does everyone know who Tidus is? Can we see Seymour winning a GameFAQs best villian poll, let alone making it to a best character final? No. Basically, it wasn't a hard task for FFVII to replace FFVI as the favourite, but it will be a heck of a task for FFX, or any future FF game for that matter, to replace FFVII as the FF everyone knows, especially as the FF series is increasingly being seen as stale and unoriginal.

There's my FF essay for the year, and it's only January. Future Esthar, eat your heart out. :cool:
You only say that because you are part of the FFVII generation. :)

Raistlin
01-11-2006, 04:13 AM
Though not the best FF, I don't think you can argue against the fact that FF7 has more fans than FF6.

Old Manus
01-11-2006, 07:52 AM
'Discuss Final Fantasy VI here.'

Soul of Tarsis
01-11-2006, 08:05 AM
No self respecting Final Fantasy forum could ever admit that most people think FFVII is the best, it would cause pandemonium! Imagine the reactions of all 5 FFVI fan boys who actually care!

It’s a sad day indeed when FFVI has become just as overrated as FFVII…

Loony BoB
01-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Final Fantasy I
Most people who played this game first think it's the best FF in the series.

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XII

etc.

Upriser Spearmint!
01-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Do you have any idea how hard it would be for FFVI to be overrated?

EDIT: Loony BoB: I played FFVIII first and still think that FFIX is the best.

Dreddz
01-11-2006, 09:54 AM
What the hell is going on ?
I just argued that FFVI shouldnt get known as the FF most people like as that would clearly go to FFVII.
So I stated that FFVI caption changes. And no FF game gets the caption saying it is the one most people like.

Loony BoB
01-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Do you have any idea how hard it would be for FFVI to be overrated?

EDIT: Loony BoB: I played FFVIII first and still think that FFIX is the best.
I said "Most", but in case people aren't aware, I wasn't being serious in that post. I mean, really, what kind of idiot would say FFX is the best game in the series? :confused:

EDIT: Don't worry, Dreddz, you're right and I'll edit it now. Murd's suggestion was best.

Upriser Spearmint!
01-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I said "Most", but in case people aren't aware, I wasn't being serious in that post. I mean, really, what kind of idiot would say FFX is the best game in the series? :confused:
The same kind of idiot who thinks FFVII is the best game in the series :p

Loony BoB
01-11-2006, 10:09 AM
The same kind of idiot who thinks FFVII is the best game in the series :p
Can't be the same, given that I think FFVII is the best in the series and I think FFX is the most annoyingly bad game in the series. :)

Anyway. Such arguments belong in General FF, so I'll close this up now.