PDA

View Full Version : Characters are key............

Demon666
01-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Everyone says that graphics and gameplay and a revolutionary original blah blah blah....... . I think the key to great games, especially rpg's, is characters and storyline, but more importantly how they counteract with each other. My question is: what character helped mold your morales, and have u ever had a rare moment where you felt exactly in their shoes?:moomba:

Markus. D
01-11-2006, 04:25 AM
I felt like I was Kite, in Dot Hack//INFECTION when I entered upon the ever mysterious church location... just the hidden feeling of entering into theunknown and discovering something apocolyptic was about to happen.

Gopher Gamble
01-11-2006, 04:33 AM
I think that's pretty true to but not for every game. I don't care who the crap the prince on Katamari Damaci (don't correct my spelling on that word) is.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-11-2006, 04:58 AM
I find my personality is remarkably similar to those of Squall, Goku, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Lindy
01-11-2006, 04:58 AM
But not Cloud or Naruto?

Demon666
01-11-2006, 05:38 AM
I myself am dark and mysterious like vincent valentine........
yet I find myself looking up to my father and not meeting his expectations. Yet there are several times that I knew I was different for the longest time, and I couldn't figure it out..............I was one of the cool people who would end up here!!!!!!!!!

j/k........ I just knew that I would be one to ask questions no one else would ask.

Cz
01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
The sheer perseverance of Dr. Robotnik is an example to us all.

Lionx
01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Klonoa and King of Sorrow sorta did..>_>; I was pertty sad most of the time but i try to stay postive now with my friends. I also felt like Squall a few times since i was pretty much the outsider so i dont talk to anyone like i do now. I dunno, there are some characters that look like us in one way or another...>>; But it cant be 100% true...but some can be damn close

RedCydranth
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
I felt a fond closeness to Qlon in Suikoden I, LOL.

Seriously I agree that characters are pivotal in RPGs. I mean the whole Laharl-Etna-Flonne interactions of Disgaea make that game what it is.

I think thats why pweople dog characters like Quina and Amarant in FFIX, because they feel minimal interaction with them. Had they been more involved they'd be much more respected.

Lionx
01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Well i would think that if Quina is trying to be important in the story like as important as Cid...then it be a problem, but Quina wasnt ever much part of the main story and just there for comic relief i feel so that was ok :3