PDA

View Full Version : UnderWorld:Evolution

SoulTaker*
01-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Thoughts on the upcoming movie, do you think it will be good, thoughts on the previous movie. Dont forget everyones favorite hottie is in this.
http://www.film-erlebnis.com/images/beckinsale_kate.jpg
Kate personally promised to have my children if I saw this movie.:D

SeeDRankLou
01-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I liked Underworld, but it could have been SO much better than it was. I didn't think it did that well in the box office, I wasn't expecting a sequel, even though they set it up for a sequel. I will see the second movie, and it has the potential to be better than the first one. And Kate looks really cool when she has those glowing blue eyes.

Lindy
01-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Well the first one felt like a really bad rip-off of X-Men, with vampires and werewolves, so I have next to no faith in a sequel.

Rye
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Like SeeD said, it was good, but could've been better. I'm going to see the sequal though. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I am simply not down with black-leathery goth action with vampires and werewolves (oh wait, "lycans," sorry) and cynically-implemented English accents and what sounds like a bad rip-off of Nine Inch Nails playing in the background. And you know they've got no good ideas if they can't think up a less hackneyed idea for a title than "Evolution," "Revolution," "Resurrection," etc.

Breine
01-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I liked the first movie so I have plans to go and see the sequel when it comes to Denmark sometime in the future...

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-12-2006, 03:39 PM
It wasn't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but it was enjoyable. I may see it at some point.

Lord Xehanort
01-12-2006, 03:49 PM
werewolves (oh wait, "lycans," sorry)

Is it that big a deal that they say 'lycan(thrope)s' rather than werewolves?

I like action flicks.
I like vampires.
I like werewolves.
I like black.
I saw the original.
I will see the sequel.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-12-2006, 03:56 PM
It's only a big deal to the extent that it's horrendously geeky.

Lord Xehanort
01-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I thought the usage of lycan(thrope) was better than the far-too-common alternative 'werewolf'.

But I'm a logophile. Forget I mentioned it.

Winter Nights
01-12-2006, 07:31 PM
I liked it. Sure it could have used some substance to go with the flash, but it was still enjoyable. Will definately see the sequel.

Ishin Ookami
01-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I thought it was rough around the edges, but it had its moments. It had some very complex characters, great bits of writing, and i found the last forty minutes to be very compelling.

I also found the ending to be well done. If victor was that powerful that he could take out a vampire/lycan hybrid in a prolonged fight, than his predacessor, who would be even more powerful, is now awakened with lycan blood. I find this sets up a rather intriguing villain for the second, and since the first one has set up the mythology and characters, Evolution has the ability to get down with some character development and action scenes right from the get go, while also being able to expand. It could be great, or it could suck. Im hopeful for the former.

dante the demon prince
01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
i cant wait shes just sooooooooooo hot damn a vampire with all black lether on and a tight ass damn this is gonna be good and plus micheal corven is half and half just like corvenious his great great great great great great great great great great great grea great great great great great grandpa

Markus. D
01-19-2006, 10:50 PM
I saw, screw this female hero movie (cause really, the first has all be seen before) how about Aeon Flux?

nah actually, the second does look alright, but well, its a movie sequal :\

look_out_below
01-19-2006, 11:39 PM
The first was nothing exicting, it was just average. I will see the second but probably not in theatre, if i do see it in theatre though it will be for one of two reasons 1) someone else is paying for it 2) it will be one of the cheap theatres. Otherwise i will just wait for its release on DVD.

kikimm
01-20-2006, 12:37 AM
I liked the first one; it wasn't anything spectacular, but it was enjoyable. I don't know if I'll be spending time and money to go see the sequel though. I'll probably rent it like I did with Underworld after that came out.

Leeza
01-20-2006, 02:36 AM
They won't win any awards, but I enjoyed the first one and I plan on seeing this one as well. :cat:

Raistlin
01-20-2006, 02:40 AM
The first one wasn't bad. I'll probably see the second one, but not in theaters.

MecaKane
01-20-2006, 02:50 AM
what sounds like a bad rip-off of Nine Inch Nails playing in the background.
That is nine inch nails. :O

I probably won't be seeing it. Why does it say she's going to save "US"? She's a vampire isn't she!

Raistlin
01-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Because the lycans are planning on world domination. Duh.

Rinoabella
01-20-2006, 03:50 AM
I loved Underworld. So I'll definitely be seeing the sequel.

Personally I liked Underworld a lot better than other movies like Van Helsing. Kate Beckinsale is good actress.

Kossage
01-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Underworld was better than I thought when I finally managed to see it, and the story was intriguing in its own way. And the cinematography was quite nice too. I would've wanted a better score, though, but the one that ended up in the movie served its purpose.

I'll definitely see Underworld: Evolution, but not in theatres. :p

Winter Nights
01-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Saw it. Twas good. Better than the first in some ways.

Shadowdust
01-24-2006, 07:37 AM
My wife and I saw it last Friday. I thought it was a decent movie. It definitely helped fill in holes from the previous movie.

Markus. D
01-24-2006, 07:41 AM
sure is some sexual tension in that movie...

I liked how they introduced new characters, and researched more depth in the previous characters.

for a fighting action hero chick... I'd prefer to see Aeon Flux.... but thats just me.

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
My boyfriends just finished watching the first movie and Im going to try and watch it tonight. He said it was just like Blade, so maybe I will enjoy it.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-24-2006, 01:19 PM
decent movie with decent action decent plot

everything was decent....heck the amount of blood loss was...well...decent, it wasnt bad seriously though!