PDA

View Full Version : Why We Love the French Thread!

Chris
01-11-2006, 10:36 PM
#1: The language is beautiful and so romantic.

#2: The atmosphere is startling, but so beautiful.

#3: The food is outstanding.

#4: The guys & girls are cute.

#5: Paris is heaven on earth.

So, why do you love the French?

Hawkeye
01-11-2006, 10:38 PM
We mind as well have a why we love Mexicans thread as well, but then it would become an instant spam fest on why they are smelly.

You racist bastards.

Miriel
01-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Um.

Well, Michael Vartan is French. And I love him cause he's so pretty. So, I love French prettiness?

Chris
01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah, the first to spam gets banned. :mad2:

Kamiko
01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
I enjoy the language.
And it's easy and gets me a good grade in foreign langauges.
And the people are interesting aussi!

~SapphireStar~
01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
French fries, chocolate crossiants, french wine and La Haine :D

The language is beautiful and so romantic.
I agree, it is beautiful and interesting to listen to, but after watching La Haine, romantic is far from my mind!

Shoden
01-11-2006, 10:46 PM
*ribbit ribbit, ribbit* *hops*

They make good food and they sound funny.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-11-2006, 10:47 PM
La langue français être une la langue que je ne suis pas comfortable d'écrire ou parler dans. Quand même j'appreci que mes parents m'a forcé dedans.

Rengori
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
La langue français être une la langue que je ne suis pas comfortable d'écrire ou parler dans. Quand même j'appreci que mes parents m'a forcé dedans.
Um... What?

They had Napoleon!

Shoden
01-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Napolean was a midget who liked ballet and war!
I don't like french so much, the language sucks but I have no choice but to learn it and the only good thing about the french is the girls are hotter than a bunsen burner on full throttle. The other good thing is the Louvre

SoulTaker*
01-12-2006, 12:00 AM
I keep my freedom fries thank you very much.

only good thing about the french is the girls are hotter than a bunsen burner on full throttle.
mmmm, french girls.:drool:

boris no no
01-12-2006, 12:04 AM
I dislike france, not because i'm British :P but because they're just like this country....but eat frogs and onions

plus i hated french lessons at school

Faris
01-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Je n'aime pas cet langue. C'est trés difficle. La plus difficle sont tous les accents, tous les -- fuck that, french sucks, I hope it dies, because all the rules and acceptions nearly made my brain explode. That's why I don't take it anymore. I hope it gets eaten by a toad.

I don't love french :D

The Mighty Sabotender
01-12-2006, 07:08 AM
I love them for their military victories (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html).

Shlup
01-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I hear they smell.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-12-2006, 09:11 AM
French toast.

NeoCracker
01-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I love them for their military victories (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html).

Can't help but agree

My name is...something..?
01-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm not really into France at all.

Though, they have good cathedrals.
Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing that
comes to mind when i think France.

SoulTaker*
01-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Dude that is by far the funniest damn thing I have ever read on this site.:lol: To bad it is basically all true and the dude that made this prank is Canadian,

Shaun
01-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Now THAT, I agree with.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Because French guys are SOO cute... and the language is so cool

The Jamie Star Scenario
01-12-2006, 11:13 AM
I hate the French!

Loony BoB
01-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Their language is only awesome when spoken with a nice voice. I've never experienced the atmosphere. Some of their food is nice, some of it is not. Some of the girls are cute, some of them are not. I've never been to Paris, but I've had mixed reviews on how 'Heavenly' it might be. The French smoke an awful lot, and smoking is something I find far from Heavenly - but again, I've never been to France. Maybe I'm wrong.

I never really took favour to any race in particular.

Master Vivi is cool, though. I wouldn't mind going to France to see what it's like, although I'd probably prefer the Mediterranean areas to Paris.

escobert
01-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I've been to France. It was nice but, besides being older and a different language not much different from the US. Personally there are much more beutiful countrys *switzerland*

Discord
01-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Heh, well:

Food
People (sometimes:))
Cote d'Azure (holidays:D)
etc.

Rydia of Mist
01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Why I like the French:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/LawnFlamingo/Thy/15.jpg

Predictable, no? :D

Dreddz
01-12-2006, 09:14 PM
They are part of the EU

smittenkitten
01-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Because the have a hot french ski champion! <3 :D

Endless
01-12-2006, 09:52 PM
I hear they smell.

I hear <i>you</i> smell. &lt;3

And Doofhull, yes, that was predictable. :3

Zeldy
01-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Bloody french. I hate the damn language. Im awful at it, and I have a test on it tomorrow. I have to say a Holiday in the past and future tense to be graded as a Mock Key Stage 3 Exam. I can't remember a single bloody word!

Reles
01-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Pshhh they don't smell anymore. They're up-to-date on their hygiene. They shower just as much as we do and they use deodorant now, so their pits smell nice now. :P Just back then they didn't really seem to smell good.

Anyway, I like their language, I think it's pretty, and the scenery of course. I get to go there this summer. ^.^ Oh, and I like saying dirty things in French.

Jebus
01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, French is based off of Latin, so it can't be all that bad.

Plus French desserts are amazing. <3

nik0tine
01-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I prefer Freedom, myself.

Endless
01-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Bloody french. I hate the damn language. Im awful at it, and I have a test on it tomorrow. I have to say a Holiday in the past and future tense to be graded as a Mock Key Stage 3 Exam. I can't remember a single bloody word!

C'est pourtant simple. Parler de vacances passées ou futures, c'est un jeu d'enfant. :3

And now, some cheering from the French guards for your test:

http://lopez.famille.free.fr/images/08-french-guard.jpg

Zeldy
01-12-2006, 10:05 PM
C'est pourtant simple. Parler de vacances pass&#233;es ou futures, c'est un jeu d'enfant. :3

And now, some cheering from the French guards for your test:

You said something about it being simple.. ITS NOT FOR INFANTS.

Its really hard :( I don't exactly wan't to go to France any day soon anyway! Im ditching it next year ^_^ I ain't doing it for GCSE no bloody way.

Doomie
01-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I am sorry to say that I disagree with everything you[ve said thus far, and here's why:

#1: The language is beautiful and so romantic.

I have spent my entire life trying to master the language. I am far from it. This is quite possibly the most annoying language when it comes to slang. Believe me, it is far from beautiful.

#2: The atmosphere is startling, but so beautiful.

Atmosphere of...France? It has its slums like all other places.

#3: The food is outstanding.

French food as in...french fries? xD Actually, french fries weren't invented in France. They came much later. Besides, it is a well known fact that greece, Japan, and Italy have the best food.

#4: The guys & girls are cute.

The guys are smelly and the girls are hairy. Well, some are. But every nation has this type of people. Just like every nation has their own adaptations of the smelly guy and hairy girl.

So are many other places I'd like to visit. Paris is in pretty bad shape now. Not to mention acid rain is eating at the tower. It has its faults like any other place, but I don't think that city is beautiful. It may be due to different opinions, but I much prefer the gloomy rain of London than France.

Dreddz
01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I hear they smell.
You heard right.

Omnislash07
01-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Why do I like the French...oh I know if the Germans decide that 3rd times a charm and start WW3 we will have a 2 week noticed. That is how long France fought in WW2 before getting comepletly conquered right?

DarkLadyNyara
01-13-2006, 07:20 PM
They pissed off every right-wing nutjob in the country. I worship them for that. :D

DMKA
01-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I can't think of anything in particular I like about them more than other countries other than the accent they have when they speak English and that lol republicans seem to think they're evil.

But it's not like I dislike them or any other country. Disliking entire countries is retarded.

nik0tine
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Why do I like the French...oh I know if the Germans decide that 3rd times a charm and start WW3 we will have a 2 week noticed. That is how long France fought in WW2 before getting comepletly conquered right?
3rd times a charm? It's funny how everybody thinks that the germans started WW1.

DMKA
01-13-2006, 11:18 PM
It's funny how everybody thinks that the germans started WW1.
They do? lololololol.

Spiffing Cheese
01-13-2006, 11:30 PM
We love the French? Okay then. :D

I love the language, and I liked the place enough when I went. Paris was beautiful.

You win. :)

Raistlin
01-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Paris is a dump. I hate cities in general, but Paris was the worst city I've ever been in. So dirty (I thought east coast American cities were bad).

The rest of France was nice, though. Just not Paris. And I will never understand the idea of plain cheese as a dessert.

Omnislash07
01-14-2006, 03:24 AM
It's funny how everybody thinks that the germans started WW1.

No Austria started WW1 but without Germany Austria wasnt anything. Germany may not have started it but without their support Austria wouldnt have started the war in the first place.