PDA

View Full Version : Kwoot Anime games you like and why?

Markus. D
01-12-2006, 04:34 AM
I like Phantom Brave.

The chibi anime characters are kwoot, and well, gameplay is to awesome.

ps: feel good story aswell.

Lindy
01-12-2006, 04:36 AM
Kwoot? What's wrong with just writing "cute"?

Ragnarok Online, FlyFF had my attention until I realised it was a crappily executed game.

Markus. D
01-12-2006, 04:56 AM
Kwoot sounds nicer.

yeah, they are crappy games arent they.

there are cute none the less.

edit: Disgaea also comes to mind.

edczxcvbnm
01-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Kwoot sounds retarded...I guess symphonia...

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Most of the Nippon Ichi games.

Maou da maou da maou da!

NeoCracker
01-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Phantom Brave Rocks!!

Markus. D
01-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Phantom Brave Rocks!!

its definetly one of the top ones.

not to mention the level cap.... what is it like 9999?

~SapphireStar~
01-12-2006, 07:11 PM
I liked Thousand Arms anime, pretty decent for a PS1 game.

Lionx
01-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Klonoa, the story is very well done and touching for platformers(outside the GBA ones with the exception of Klonoa Heroes). So i really enjoy that alot, not to mention the oldschool feel of 2-D platformers...it lives on! /cheer

Disappointed the US isnt as interested in him...although thats partly Namco's fault. But i truly feel its an amazing game thats really overlooked.

PramTheOracle
01-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Anything Nippon Ichi

Markus. D
01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Klonoa, the story is very well done and touching for platformers(outside the GBA ones with the exception of Klonoa Heroes). So i really enjoy that alot, not to mention the oldschool feel of 2-D platformers...it lives on! /cheer

Disappointed the US isnt as interested in him...although thats partly Namco's fault. But i truly feel its an amazing game thats really overlooked.

Lunatias Veil (spelt right?) was nice game :)

Crim
01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I have Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom (Very Hard To Get)

I can't wait till Disgaea 2 comes out since Disgaea 1 is impossible to get it in Australia :(. I am glad my Japanese skills comes in handy when translating Japanese texts on the Disgaea 2 site :)

I think both of the games have different qualities. Phantom Brave is a cuter and more light version of a tactical game (Althrough it is difficult for a normal user) and Makai Kingdom is for the gamer after more of a challenge. Of course it is very hard to get them nowdays :(

SummonerYuna
01-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Don't forget about the .hack// games:)

Mo-Nercy
01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Auto Modellista. Awesome racing game.

Crim
01-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Don't forget about the .hack// games:)
Over here in Australia I didnt find it that hard to find them :p . Althrough it involved alot of getting last copies and stuff but I got them all in the end!

Markus. D
01-14-2006, 12:45 AM
your so lucky, there always five dollars to expensive for me to purchase at my local EB games.

Crim
01-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Well... the .hacks are alot easier to buy now since now that all four games have been released buy why did it get easier after I got them all (Even ordering # 1 from Melbourne)

I still think you can get them easily now (Althrough I havent checked) althrough they might be hard to get now but meh, I own them all and thats the main thing to me.

Now the next mission is to keep digging for other out of production games just like all the games I happen to be interested in :(

Lionx
01-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Lunatias Veil (spelt right?) was nice game :)

yeah Lunatea's Veil :3 But i heard Door to Phantomile was the best and way better than the PS2 one ever..but its really hard to find ; ; You should try to find it..a mint condition one costs over a hundred bucks...if only i cant get the money...but its really good so i hope to get it soon.

vampirepiggyhunter7
01-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Tales of Symphonia-loved it
Riviera: the Promised Land-pretty tight
And if u count the Golden Sun games those 2!

Setzer Gabianni
01-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Pokemon >.o

Lionx
01-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Yay Pokeman xD

Polnareff
01-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Ganbare Goemon series (some of its games were released here under the name "Mystical Ninja")

There's just something appealing about a chibi ninja guy who can whack people with a pipe or throw supercharged coins at them. Plus he's joined by these three other ninjas that have a lot of tricks at their disposal as well.

The boss battles were pretty random (such as in one of the games where Goemon controls a mechanical Sumo wrestler).

IMO the best Goemon games were 3 for SFC and Mystical Ninja for N64.

It became popular enough in Japan to warrant an anime series (the translated version also came out here; it's pretty good if not for the "villain of the week" thing).

Venom
01-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Phantom brave is one of my favorites as well.

Fatal Impurity
01-14-2006, 02:48 PM
true love hentai...it was really funny! *he says with a silly grin on his face*

Epiphany
01-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Ragnarok Online, FlyFF had my attention until I realised it was a crappily executed game.

FlyFF, lawl. R.O.S.E.

Lindy
01-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Played R.O.S.E, had a 44 Dual-Sword Hawker, I left it for (I don't remember what), and then it went all screwed up and I don't even know if it's playable any more, or even the site for it.

That and it had too many freakin' pride dorks, Brazilians and crap, all of them kill-stealing, ninja-looting morons with BR in their name and Brazucas in their guild. (I'm not even joking, every single person with tags like that went on their happy way killstealing me and my friends near-constantly)

GODBR! LORDBR! KINGBR! BRKING!

ghasdfjgsdh.

100% reason not to play.

Markus. D
01-14-2006, 11:43 PM
FlyFF, lawl. R.O.S.E.

I actually Loved R.O.S.E, it engulfed me into its purdy world... except the music which was vommitable, its actually quite violent.