PDA

View Full Version : Art Tournament 2

Pages : [1] 2

Shadow Bahamut
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Art Tournament 2006

Yes it is the return of the Art Tournament. Last time Black Orb was declared the winner, now it is someone elses chance to win the Art Tournament.

Rules:
1: Anybody may enter the Tournament (With the exeption of Black Orb, as he has already won once before. Sorry!)

2: Artwork that may be used in this tounament includes:
Sketches
Fanart
Paintings
NO 3D CREATIONS, E.G. POTTERY, MODELS, ETC.

3: Once a person has entered the event, nobody will take their place, for example as a replacement or substitute. However, if a competetor has problems with
continuing in the tournament, then their reasons shall be looked over and a decision shall be made whether or not a substitue would be suitable or not.

4: Nobody may enter the Tournament late, once rounds have started, there shall be no more entries. No exceptions.

5: Anybody who is participating in the event may vote twice only per round. Neither of these votes can be for themselves.

6: Anyone who is not participating in the tournament has unlimited votes per round, however, they may not vote for all candidates, for example, if there were
to be 10 candidates, then the voter may vote for up to 9 candidates.

7: Any artwork that is submitted may only be submitted once in the whole event, i.e. you may not use a single piece of work in more than one round.

8: Have fun!

Application for Entry:
As stipulated in the rules, anybody may enter. If you wish to enter, please send me a PM before the application period expires. Any appplications after this period will be deemed nul and void. In the PM, if you could give your username and a small message, i will be pleased to grant you entry into the tournament.

Tournament System:
The tournament will be divided into several seperate rounds (The number of rounds depends entirely on how many competetors apply). Each of these rounds will be divided by a voting period between each round. Each round there will be at least one competetor voted out of the tournament (Dependant on amount of competetors). See the Rules section for voting, etc. Each round will last 5 days, as will the voting periods. Timer Posts will be made each day, as a reminder as to how long the competetors or voters have left to take action.

Please note that each individual round will be posted into a different post. This saves trawling through one long post. Keep an eye out for each round.

Competetors List:
1. Shadow Bahamut
2. Rocket Edge
3. *angel tears*
4. final_andy
5. Rice Cake
6. Chaos
7. Rase

.: Applications closed :.

Rocket Edge
01-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Art Tournament 2006
Competetors List:
1. Shadow Bahamut
2. Rocket Edge

im slightly new to this site, never entered the last one, so ill enter this one. i dont have a scanner, but by chance im getting a friend to scan a couple of images for me that are final fantasy related. il have them monday, if thats all cool, count me in.
( by the way youre going down!!...nothing like friendly competition lol):tongue:

Miriel
01-12-2006, 10:24 PM
What about photography? It's an art just like any other.

Shadow Bahamut
01-13-2006, 08:16 PM
im slightly new to this site, never entered the last one, so ill enter this one. i dont have a scanner, but by chance im getting a friend to scan a couple of images for me that are final fantasy related. il have them monday, if thats all cool, count me in.
( by the way youre going down!!...nothing like friendly competition lol):tongue:

I hope that you'll have a few more than a couple of pics. There will be more than 2 rounds at this rate.
Round 1 will be starting on Tuesday, on schedule. You can post the pics to me if you wish in a PM for me to post them for you, but it may be best if you post them yourself.

Rice Cake
01-13-2006, 08:19 PM
I sent my pic so how come I'm nor on the competetor list?

Shadow Bahamut
01-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I sent my pic so how come I'm nor on the competetor list?
You are.

Rocket Edge
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
is it just basicly more rounds for more ppl?=more artwork?

Shadow Bahamut
01-13-2006, 10:58 PM
is it just basicly more rounds for more ppl?=more artwork?
yep
basically, it's 1 round per person that enters, because 1 person must be knocked out per round until there is one winner.
you must enter 1 piece of art work per round. until you are voted out of course

Chaos
01-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Yeah count me in plzthanks. :)

Rase
01-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Well, I think I entered the last one and got slaughtered (course, if I'd beaten black orb, it'd just be another sign of the End Times). So of course, I may as well enter this one too.

Good luck everyone, let's see some amazing artwork. :)

Rocket Edge
01-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Good luck everyone, let's see some amazing artwork. :);)

I Don't Need A Name
01-15-2006, 08:33 PM
im gonna get massacred as well but i just felt like entering! good luck!

Shadow Bahamut
01-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Here we go ladies and gents. Round 1 begins!

Round 1 : FINISHED

Shadow Bahamut
01-17-2006, 08:34 AM
round 1 has begun!
please post all art entries into:

Art Tournament 2: Round 1

thread can be found in the Artists Gallery.

Rocket Edge
01-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Here we go ladies and gents. Round 1 begins!
cool, im getting my pics later on. as soon as i get em il post asap. are you entering shadow bahumut?

Rice Cake
01-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I used to be The_Final_Fantasy_Joker and I was wondering if I'm supposed to post the pics here because I already sent you that one masterpiece.

Rocket Edge
01-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I used to be The_Final_Fantasy_Joker and I was wondering if I'm supposed to post the pics here because I already sent you that one masterpiece.yep, post em here

Chaos
01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Will post tomorrow. Got up at 3.30am today. Very tired. Off to bed now. :)

Nightio.

Rocket Edge
01-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Will post tomorrow. Got up at 3.30am today. Very tired. Off to bed now. :)

Nightio.
same here, off to bed 2. i havent received my pics yet. post 2moro

Rocket Edge
01-18-2006, 02:22 PM
k, recieved some of my pics. its of ff8s leviathan. its done in ordinary colouring pencils, and on a full size A3 sheet. i had to edit the size of it because it was coming out m-a-s-s-i-v-e on screen, but other than that i didnt do any add-ons on the computer, or anything else for that matter. I'm disapointed about how the scanning turned out though, the image quality is crap. il try and sort it out in the next few days. anyways, i hope you all like it!:D

Yew-Yevon
01-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Can I join? im working on a Nausicaa fan art pic

Chaos
01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Here's mine:

A little guy with a little trunk. A rat-boy...of sorts. With elephantine features. WOo.

Indian inks and pencil.

Another one of my deranged creations.

themagicroundabout
01-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Chaos, I love your art <3

KoShiatar
01-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh well, my PC was broken and I missed this. Guess I'll have to wait for the next tournament then.

I Don't Need A Name
01-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Heres mine. By the way, i have a fetish with writing the character name under the picture, ignore this please! also part of the picture has been cut off.

Mercen-X
01-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Long time no see, Shadow B.

Are you sure you only want 7 competitors in your tournament, dude?

*angel tears*
01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Animal Cinderella~Stepsisters are asses....lol... i crack myself up..

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2687/cinderellaanimals13nr.jpg

Rengori
01-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Angel Tears, why do your evil step-sisters look like the bunny race in FFTA?

*angel tears*
01-19-2006, 06:44 AM
...they are supose to be donkeys....:rolleyes2 *sigh*

Shadow Bahamut
01-19-2006, 09:04 AM
i'll be posting my pic soon. sorry Rocket Edge, i never did answer your question. Yes, i am in this tournament.

Shadow Bahamut
01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
hmmmm.....you'll have to be quick, there's only 3 days left in round 1. Hurry!!!

updated list.

1. Shadow Bahamut
2. Rocket Edge
3. *angel tears*
4. final_andy
5. Rice Cake
6. Chaos
7. Rase
8. Yu-Yevon
9. Mercen-X
9. KoShiatar

KoShiatar
01-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I should be able to post something tomorrow then. ^^' I'm not home now.

Rase
01-19-2006, 11:19 PM
My picture will hopefully be up by tomorrow night, as I just finished my final exams today and have tomorrow off. So far things are looking good, lots of nice art up. :up:

Rocket Edge
01-20-2006, 12:25 AM
i'll be posting my pic soon. sorry Rocket Edge, i never did answer your question. Yes, i am in this tournament.;)

when should we start voting?

Rice Cake
01-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Angel Tear, I love that picture. My vote goes for her's.:love:

Shadow Bahamut
01-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Please hold your votes until the round has ended, you'll get your chance to vote at the end of each round. That vot will NOT be counted at this stage.

here's my pic, as you can see, it's Ifrit from FFVIII, it's on a full size A2 sheet of paper, shaded with a 6B pencil and a few colour pencils for the flames and horns. :D
oh, and this was done WITHOUT the help of a computer, apart from posting it.

Rice Cake
01-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Its me The_Final_Fantasy_Joker. If you don't believe me then check my profile. So I'm still in the tournament. Mine is an abstract computer drawing. Picaso inspired me because as you can see its cubism.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/Xenochaos/devscreation.jpg

KoShiatar
01-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Here's my submission. It's my Rydia artwork, CG-colored. I have something fresher for next round, unless I get knocked out, that is, but at the moment it still needs some refinement.

black orb
01-21-2006, 02:20 AM
>>> I wonder who would win this time, anyways good luck..

Rase
01-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I decided to try, once again, to see if I could draw a decent fantasy-esque picture. You'll have to tell me what you think. Personally, I don't think it's my best, but that's what I get for procrastinating and not giving myself ample time. Hopefully if I advance I'll be able to get something better in the next round. Anyway, here it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/RyanStage/scan0002.jpg

Rengori
01-22-2006, 09:21 AM
I know I lost, so what the hell, I'll post this picture of Locke I just drew. After pickpocketing someone.

Shadow Bahamut
01-22-2006, 12:05 PM
It looks like we have 2 people who won't be joining us next round.

Rengori, did you sign up? i mean, did you send me an entry form?

anyways, Round 1 voting is now open!

Shadow Bahamut
01-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Round 1 voting is now open, please remember; people who are in the Tournament have a maximum of 2 votes, anybody else can vote for all but 1 if they wish to.

Please see these pages for the art:

Rocket Edge (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19663&d=1137594536)

Chaos (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19682&d=1137621070)

final-andy (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19683&d=1137623873)

*angel tears* (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1495482&postcount=11)

Shadow Bahamut (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19709&d=1137760717)

Rice Cake (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1497897&postcount=19)

KoShiatar (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19711&d=1137791293)

Rase (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1499435&postcount=21)

.:Round 1 Voting: FINISHED:.

Rengori
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
What's this about signing up?

Awesomeman
01-22-2006, 08:27 PM
I vote for Rocket Edge, Rice Cake, and Shadow Bahamut

Leeza
01-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Having all the pics that we are voting on all together in one post would be great because otherwise we have to search through that whole other thread.

Shadow Bahamut
01-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Done Leeza!

OK, here's day 3's voting update:

Rocket Edge : 5

Chaos : 5

final-andy : 1

*angel tears* : 7

Shadow Bahamut : 3

Rice Cake : 1

KoShiatar : 2

Rase : 2

themagicroundabout
01-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok, I vote for Chaos :)
OR DO YOU WANT ME TO PM THE VOTE? :Oo:

Liebe
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
i'm going to vote for angel tears and koshiatar.

great job everyone else! but those 2 take my vote for skill and creativity and angel tear's part. those step sisters were... donkeys >.>

Shadow Bahamut
01-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Ok, I vote for Chaos :)
OR DO YOU WANT ME TO PM THE VOTE? :Oo:
nope, you are fine to post votes here.

Voters, you do have 7 votes in all this round you know.

Awesomeman
01-24-2006, 08:22 AM
I vote for Final Andy and Rase.

Shadow Nexus
01-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Chaos is my fav, followed by Angel Tears.

I Don't Need A Name
01-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Well this is going well! Come on people!

Samuraid
01-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Shadow Bahamut, *angel tears*, Rocket Edge, Rase

(All of the drawings are great! I just picked 4 in which the subjects looked cool or I especially liked the specific drawing style.)

Leeza
01-27-2006, 06:25 AM
They are all excellent, but I'm only going to vote for 4. :cat:

KoShiatar
*angel tears*
Chaos
Rocket Edge

rubah
01-27-2006, 11:13 PM
angel tears gets my vote.

Shine On...
01-28-2006, 04:53 AM
Wow! they are all great, but my Favorite 4 (I'm only voting for 4, but I know you can vote for 7) are:

1. Rocket Edge

2. Chaos

3. *angel tears*

4. Shadow Bahamut

These are all great, keep up the good work.

Zeromus_X
01-28-2006, 04:59 AM
chaos and rocket edge. they were the best to me:choc2:

kikimm
01-28-2006, 05:42 AM
*angel tears*

!

Shadow Bahamut
01-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Okay, here are the final voting results from Round 1:

Rocket Edge : 5

Chaos : 5

final-andy : 1

*angel tears* : 7

Shadow Bahamut : 3

Rice Cake : 1

KoShiatar : 2

Rase : 2

It appears we will be losing 2 people this round. Rice Cake and final-andy have been eliminated from the Tournament. Better luck next time guys!

The following people are through to the next round:

Rocket Edge
Chaos
*angel tears*
Shadow Bahamut
KoShiatar
Rase

if your name isn't down, your not through, however, if there are any queries, please let me know through PM.

Shadow Bahamut
01-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Okay, here we go again, Round 2!! same as before, with less players...
incase you forgot, here's the list of players who got through round 1:

Rocket Edge
Chaos
*angel tears*
Shadow Bahamut
KoShiatar
Rase

.:Round 2: FINISHED:.

Rase
01-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Well, I learned from last time. I was READY.

Anyway, here's the picture. I decided to do a human portrait, and thought, what would be better than to do someone from EoFF? So, while looking through the album, I settled on this (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/LoonyBoB/loonybob1) picture of Loony BoB. Hopefully, if he sees it, he doesn't put a bounty on my head. :)

I don't like the left eye (right, if you're looking at it). I tried it about ten times, then just settled for what you see, as none were looking right to me.

Done with a simple pencil and paper, nothing fancy. And remember, vote on the quality of the artwork, not because it's of BoB. I just choose the picture because I thought it'd be a good test to try and draw.

*angel tears*
01-29-2006, 06:17 PM
thanx for voting for me guys!

Lady-valfor(yayfor girlifying things!)~colored pencils/photoshop
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5446/valefore1hn.jpg

KoShiatar
01-30-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll post mine tonight.

Rocket Edge
01-30-2006, 04:49 PM
ok this is a drawing i did of a bmw car. its done with a ordinary pencil. scanning didnt turn out that good like the last one, but hey. again, i had to edit the size of the picture as it was massive!. hope ye all like it!, and thanx 4 voting for me in the last round:)

Chemical
01-30-2006, 04:58 PM
The technical aciehvement of Rocket Edge is excellent, attention to meticulous detail such a light reflection, lightting, perspective, surface are all combined to create a realistic artwork. I have to say the subject matter doesn't induce much cognitive though, I'm inclined to say it's one of those things you look at and saw "oooo shiney."

*angel tears* work is completely on the other side of the spectrum, it's technical achievement isn't grandeur, in fact it's very simple and has that long tradition of Japaneism that was long associated with such early printmakers as Hokusai. The subject matter itself isn't very original, the appearance is of course, the character is unique, well thought out the composition is excellent the colour is minimal but effective... but as I was saying, its not original in that it's pretty much just a character drawing that make up probably 90% of the online work.

I'm undecided at this point, I'll have to wait for the remaining artists.

KoShiatar
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
This is my submission.
It's a Final Fantasy VI fanart. With this one, I experimented with a new "hard shadows/soft shadows" tecnique I found on Jennifer Pfeiffer's site.
Even if you don't vote for me, please leave comments and suggestions.

Chaos
01-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Uh yeah, currently a clinical lack of work lying aroudn for the scannage. So...here is a page from my current college unit on Graphic Novels.
Ignore all pretence at putting text in, thats only there to tick boxes of criteria, as it were...I wish I could show you a bigger image, but I can't at the moment.
I drew this in inks and added all the colour on Painter Classic. The black and white was done by hand. Text on photoshop. All the panels were composed on Photoshop CS too.

Yay for delusional girls being chased by madmen who turn out to be perfectly sane, but not in this panel. Oh no!

Chemical
01-31-2006, 01:02 AM
KoShiatar

The use of line is crisp and orderly, you're a good draftsman. Check out print making, its an interesting manual approach to your style. Your coloring is especially impressive, but mainly because I suck at computer colouring. I think your doing amazing and to just continue experimenting. Again, the subject matter, character art, I understand this kind of portraiture is fun but I would like to say that you may find more self satisfaction in pictures that are of a more daring content.

Chaos

I like your organization, platform and style. You work hard and it shows. I don't know if you do or not, but it seems like you try to draw a person just from our head, which is freaking awesome... but I personally find it a little less labourious to use catalogs as pose dictionaries. Even the old masters painted straight from life.

Loony BoB
01-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Oh, God, Rase. xD *dies* I'm flattered.

I can't believe how hard it is to pick between the pictures. They're all so different in their style... it's quite the selection.

DK
01-31-2006, 01:39 AM
Elly, I love you and your art, you rule. :D

Chaos
01-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Chaos

I like your organization, platform and style. You work hard and it shows. I don't know if you do or not, but it seems like you try to draw a person just from our head, which is freaking awesome... but I personally find it a little less labourious to use catalogs as pose dictionaries. Even the old masters painted straight from life.

Thanks, yes I was drawing straight from the noggin. At the time of drawing I didn't have the resources to look at other poses and stuff. I realise it would of been of great value, especially in the third panel, but as I had nothing to look at I figured I might as well try my best with what I had. Or something. Thanks. :)

black orb
01-31-2006, 09:24 PM
>>> Woah! everything in this thread is great, you guys sure have improved..

Shadow Bahamut
02-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Okay, it looks like i'm the last to post, i think.
So, here it is.
I call this sketch; The Invasion.
It's all hand drawn and shaded using a single 6b pencil. i guess monotone is just my style...
it was supposed to be done in a slight cartoon style with slightly scruffy shading to make it look rough and quick..as if it was done on a battle field.

p.s. sorry if the pic is a bit blurry, i had to take it with a digicam.

By the way, i have ended this round sooner than scheduled because all of us have posted art before the deadline. Voting is now open:
Round 2: Voting (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1515760#post1515760)

Shadow Bahamut
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Okay people, you know what to do, vote for your fav. artists!

I have decided that participants now have an increased vote limit, you can vote for 4 people max. (you can't vote for yourself!!).

Here is the art for each contestant:

Rase (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19969&d=1138522661)

Angel Tears (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1511255&postcount=3)

Rocket Edge (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20006&d=1138640160)

KoShiatar (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20014&d=1138655565)

Chaos (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20020&d=1138660885)

Shadow Bahamut (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20046&d=1138816262)

.:Round 2 Voting: FINISHED:.

Epiphany
02-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Chaos, Shadow Bahamut & Rocket Edge.

Dragon Ash
02-01-2006, 08:33 PM
*angel tears* and KoShiatar.

Chibi Angel
02-01-2006, 11:44 PM
*angel tears* and KoShiatar.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-02-2006, 12:34 AM
*angel tears* and Rocket Edge :D

DK
02-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Chaos and Rocket Edge

rubah
02-02-2006, 03:21 AM
*angel tears* and Rocket Edge :D

Miriel
02-02-2006, 04:13 AM
*angel tears* and Chaos

Leeza
02-02-2006, 04:27 AM
This round is extremely diffiicult to vote for because these are all truly good works.

KoShiatar and Rocket Edge.

Slade
02-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I vote for Chaos' art because it's the most different and the most artistic in my mind. Plus i'm a sucker for the comic book style :D

Well done to everyone :)

Loony BoB
02-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Leeza said it best - they're all bloody good!

Chaos, *angel tears* and Rocket Edge get my votes, though.

Shadow Bahamut
02-02-2006, 09:22 AM
wow guys, you're really making me work....:eek:

here's day 1's voting update:

Rase: 0

Angel Tears: 7

Rocket Edge: 7

KoShiatar: 3

Chaos: 6

Shadow Bahamut: 1

and i vote for:
Rocket edge
Chaos
Angel Tears

ZuZu
02-02-2006, 06:29 PM
There is Art Tournament going and I didn't knew that! :mad2:
That's it, I'm leaving

themagicroundabout
02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Chaos (of course)
And Angel Tears.
:)

I Don't Need A Name
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Angel Tears and Rase

Chaos
02-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Angel Tears and KoShiatar. Woo. :)

Chemical
02-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Interesting stle, the figures morph into eachother smoothly.
Crappy picture of the artwork, could have had better quality.

Chemical
02-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Rocket Edge & Shadow Bahamut

Shadow Bahamut
02-03-2006, 09:14 AM
okay, here's day 2's voting update:

Rase: 1

Angel Tears: 10

KoShiatar: 4

Chaos: 7

Shadow Bahamut: 2

keep 'em coming people, we need these votes!!!

Shadow Bahamut
02-03-2006, 06:08 PM
sorry about that Chemical, it's my cam, it's being sh!tty lately. It doesn't want to flash at the right time, so it messes up the pic.

moldybread
02-04-2006, 12:31 AM
KoShiatar (LOVE how everything came out the way it did, just looked so neat), Shadow Bahamut (everything molded together so well, sometimes artists try to incorporate different drawings together, and they come out looking separate no matter how long or hard they work on it), Rase (i'm a sucker for portraits)

edit: i really couldn't choose, they were all the best in their own way

Clone 01
02-04-2006, 01:08 AM
angel tears and rocketedge

SEPHIROTH_CLONE_666
02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Angel Tears, hands down. I LOVE that pic!

Shine On...
02-04-2006, 03:50 AM
Chaos, Rocket Edge, and Shadow Bahamut. They are all great! keep at it!

Shadow Bahamut
02-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Latest Vote updates:

Rase: 2

Angel Tears: 11

Rocket Edge: 8

KoShiatar: 5

Chaos: 8

Shadow Bahamut: 4

It looks like there's no bottom end tie, so we say goodbye to Rase.
Sorry Rase, better luck next time!

Ok, here's the remaining contestants:

Angel Tears
Rocket Edge
KoShiatar
Chaos
Shadow Bahamut

Shadow Bahamut
02-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Same again, post your art and wait for the votes.

I'm thinking of appointing Chemical and Black Orb as the Judging panel if there is a tie at any point and for their opinions on individual art pieces.

As before, if your name isn't here, please don't post art work.

Angel Tears
Rocket Edge
KoShiatar
Chaos
Shadow Bahamut

.:Round 3: FINISHED:.

Shadow Bahamut
02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Sorry for the double post, but i'd like to keep this seperate.
Here's my Round 3 piece of art. The pic. is pretty self explanatory, it's done with only colouring pencils.
I know his hair is a pretty wierd colour, but i like it. :D

Chemical
02-05-2006, 11:13 PM
The problem with an art contest on this type of forum is that there is going to be a biast towards highly japanesse/gaming styles and especiallyysubject matters.

You may want to consider themes to help even out the battle field.

Shadow Bahamut
02-06-2006, 08:18 AM
The problem with an art contest on this type of forum is that there is going to be a biast towards highly japanesse/gaming styles and especiallyysubject matters.

You may want to consider themes to help even out the battle field.
I'll keep that in mind for the next Tournament. Thanks Chem.

Chaos
02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Here be mine.
Cover art to comic I do be doing in College.
The girl is crazy like. :D

Messing around with colouring in Photoshop. It came out fairly well I think. :)

*angel tears*
02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Tonberry Queen!

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9674/toneberryqueenline1vv.jpg

black orb
02-08-2006, 04:52 AM
>>> You guys never cease to amaze me you all are so good..

maybe too good.. :shifty:

Rase
02-08-2006, 05:17 AM
Man, those are all great. Looks like it's going to be a tough voting round.

Lunareescence
02-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Im glad I didnt enter I would have lost so hardcore these pictures are amazing

KoShiatar
02-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Here's my entry for this time.
I colored it in mixed techniques and finished it in Photoshop.

Rocket Edge
02-09-2006, 01:10 AM
im sorry for the hold-up, il post mine tomorrow, pic is taken longer than expected:(

Rocket Edge
02-10-2006, 07:31 PM
ok, ive just been able to recieve my pics. im sory im posting so late, so i hope the pic still counts.
its a picture i did of my idol Tupac Shakur(2pac) in a HB pencil, i took the inspiration from Rase in the last drawing to do a portrait. It was taken as a photo(again i had to edit its size for it was 2 big), and i didnt get more time to finish it had lots of things i had to do this week. hope ye like it and thanx for voting in the last round. Sorry again for the delay.

Chemical
02-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Shadow Bahumet:

The camera image is a vast improvement from your last and I think this image show's your technical abilities more so than the last, it's good to see this piece now as it shows a progression in your work, you really pushed yourself, the lack of defining elements is interesting and the image floats in and out of space. The colouring job is great as well, however something seems unresolved and I dislike the composition also I think you could benefit from taking more time with your textures, I only get a sense of the material you're using and not the material you're representing.

Chaos

Very simple but extremely effective. It has a lot of personal expression in it that I adour. The shadow play and forms intice me, however I feel the image is unblanced and is weighed too heavily on the left side; it's busy and filled with heavy coloured forms. The right side of the image seems more like its the peripheral vision; it's plain and quite unspecial. These inequalities cause the image to lose it's tension and cause the eye to only focus on one side of the image, but I think that when you're working with an image that you've taken the time and effort with you want people to see the whole thing. Cropping may have also been effective. The perspective too leaves me a little discombobulated but in this instance I think it works co-operatively with the imagery and its thought provoking meaning. If you're interested in attaining a more realistic perspective I would highly suggest working with vanishing points and horizons. I really like this a lot though.

*angel tears*

You have a great sense of form and detail without giving the impression of tackiness. The line work is a lot more explorative, engagine and challanging than your former piece. It's excellent to see an artist challange themselves. I also like how this piece transcends mere character illustration and seems to harbour a bit of narative in it as well. The eyes are gorgeous. My only qualm would be small details about the figure. The proportions and anatomical "correctness" of the figure could use some attending to. Understanding how the body works on a skeletal and muscular level could probably greatly improve your work. I suggest something like Grey's Anatomy.

(Getting Kicked Out of Comp. Room. Will do Koshiatar and Rocket Edge Laters)

Shadow Bahamut
02-11-2006, 10:44 AM
You know what to do people, vote for your favourites, from these pieces of work:

Shadow Bahamut (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20127&d=1139168362)

Chaos (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20149&d=1139333294)

Angel Tears (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1525858&postcount=4)

KoShiatar (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20160&d=1139432124)

Rocket Edge (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20197&d=1139600254)

.:Round 3 Voting: FINISHED:.

Shadow Bahamut
02-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Interesting analysis....

Clone 01
02-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Angel Tears,KoShiatar and Rocket Edge

Epiphany
02-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Chaos, Angel Tears and Rocket Edge.

Samuraid
02-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Angel Tears and KoShiatar

Lunareescence
02-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Angel tears and rocket edge ^_^

Shadow Bahamut
02-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Voting Update:

Shadow Bahamut: 0 :cry:

Chaos: 1

Angel Tears: 4

KoShiatar: 2

Rocket Edge: 3

Ultima Shadow
02-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Angel Tears and KoShiatar

Loony BoB
02-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Chaos

Very simple but extremely effective. It has a lot of personal expression in it that I adour. The shadow play and forms intice me, however I feel the image is unblanced and is weighed too heavily on the left side; it's busy and filled with heavy coloured forms. The right side of the image seems more like its the peripheral vision; it's plain and quite unspecial. These inequalities cause the image to lose it's tension and cause the eye to only focus on one side of the image, but I think that when you're working with an image that you've taken the time and effort with you want people to see the whole thing. Cropping may have also been effective. The perspective too leaves me a little discombobulated but in this instance I think it works co-operatively with the imagery and its thought provoking meaning. If you're interested in attaining a more realistic perspective I would highly suggest working with vanishing points and horizons. I really like this a lot though.
Just thought I'd offer alternative perspective - firstly that if this is for the cover of something then it's understandable that it's unbalanced due to the nature of covers, with space needed for words which would be on the cover. But even with that put aside, I feel that if this was centered then it would not have been as effective. If anything, maybe something that isn't really a direct part of the image could be placed on the right, such as a moon or ... something. All I'm saying is that I like how the focus of the picture is not in the dead center of the image, because the things being portrayed in this image are something that is not often in such a plain view. As I said, just an alternative perspective (although I found it difficult to say what I meant, I hope the idea got across).

I think all five images are absolutely brilliant. It is now a case of picking out the best of the best for sure. I am really, really impressed with all of you and I look forward to you submitting as much as you can to the revamped FanArt section if/when it goes live. :)

Loony BoB
02-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Chaos, KoShiatar and Rocket Edge.

rubah
02-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Angel tears and rocket edge ^_^

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Angel Tears and Rocket Edge and Shadow Bahamut :)

Slade
02-13-2006, 05:32 AM
Chaos (I'm lovin this style) and Rocket Edge :)

Rase
02-13-2006, 05:50 AM
Angel Tears and KoShiatar.

Shadow Bahamut
02-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Voting Update:

Chaos: 3

Angel Tears: 8

Pheesh
02-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Angel Tears, Chaos.

Stay Super
GG

DK
02-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Chaos, Angel Tears, Rocket Edge

Shadow Bahamut
02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Voting Update:

Chaos: 5

Angel Tears: 10

Rocket Edge: 8

Cruise Control
02-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Koshiotar.

Leeza
02-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Rocket Edge
*angel tears*

I Don't Need A Name
02-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Shadow Bahamut(x17) and Angel Tears

Shadow Bahamut
02-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Voting Update:

Shadow Bahamut: 2 (sorry final-andy, x17 doesn't work, appreciated though).

Angel Tears: 12

KoShiatar: 6

Rocket Edge: 9

lol, looks like i'm goin' down this round...:greenie:

D.os
02-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Shadow Bahamut,Chaos :D

Shadow Bahamut
02-17-2006, 08:59 AM
ok, the final votes for this round are:

Shadow Bahamut: 3

Chaos: 6

Angel Tears: 12

KoShiatar: 6

Rocket Edge: 9

and this round we say goodbye to.................. me....Shadow Bahamut.

I'll still keep this thing running though.

good luck to the rest of you!!

Shadow Bahamut
02-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Chaos
Angel Tears
KoShiatar
Rocket Edge

Ok, if your name's here, you're through! Good Luck!

.:Round 4: FINISHED:.

Cruise Control
02-17-2006, 11:27 AM
KoShiatar

KoShiatar
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Woops, I didn't think I'd make it this far.
Guess I'll have to come up with something good XD

Ultima Shadow
02-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Anyone who draws a sexy Rydia picture will get my vote. :greenie:

Chaos
02-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Ooh *gets drawing*

Whens the deadline, doc?

Shadow Bahamut
02-19-2006, 12:31 PM
oops...i'll update my post. sorry..:P

Rocket Edge
02-19-2006, 01:30 PM
*starts drawing*:greenie:

black orb
02-19-2006, 06:24 PM
>>> Is this the final round??
I have the feel that the previous tournament was shorter than this..

Chaos
02-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I think the last tourney petered out somewhat. Ehehe.

Shadow Bahamut
02-20-2006, 08:26 AM
>>> Is this the final round??
I have the feel that the previous tournament was shorter than this..
that's cuz i went on holiday and nobody bothered to keep the Tourney running, this time, i'm runnning it all the way through.

p.s. no, it ain't the Final Round, it's only the Final Round when 2 people are left.

KoShiatar
02-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Here's my submission.
It's not perfect, but I like it. It was heavily inspired by Mucha paintings.

Ultima Shadow
02-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Whoa! That's a really nice pic you got there, KoShiatar! :cool:

Oh, and fact remains: Sexy Rydia= instant win for me. :greenie:

KoShiatar
02-22-2006, 08:44 PM
I submitted a sexy Rydia on the first round, I think. ^__*

DK
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah but this isn't the first round. ^_~

Chaos
02-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok, here is mine. A bit of the ol watercolour going on here.

Watercolours, inks, pencil and a bit of photoshop tweaking.

Basically the painting is A3 in size, and I am possessed of only an A4 scanner. Therefore I had to scan it in two and put it togeather in Photoshop CS. Hopefully you can't really see where I did it.

Basically another page in my comic, a different style, different inspiration. Really inspired by David Mack, creator of the Kabuki comics. Lovely stuff. :)

Big file, sorry about that. Hope it's ok.

Ultima Shadow
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I submitted a sexy Rydia on the first round, I think. ^__*Too bad, I didn't vote that round. :greenie: Oh and it was a cool and good picture of Rydia... but sadly not SEXY enough. There has to be more "boobage"! ;)

ps: Chaos, I like your style. :cool:

Rocket Edge
02-22-2006, 11:55 PM
ah, ok done. this is another portrait, but this time i said id do it in colouring pencil and of someone differant. it was also taken as a photo. eh... yeah thats it, hope ye like it, and thanx for voting for me in the last round;)

Shadow Bahamut
02-23-2006, 09:26 AM
it looks like an auto D-Q for Angel Tears. so, to be fair, no voting for this round.

Remaining players:
Chaos
KoShiatar
Rocket Edge

Moving on people!! Round 5!

Shadow Bahamut
02-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Chaos
KoShiatar
Rocket Edge

Keep going people.

.:Round 5: FINISHED:.

KoShiatar
02-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Rocket Edge's is awesome.
Shadow Bahamut, since there was no voting for this round, can you give us more days until the next deadline?

KoShiatar
02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I have a proposal: that artistic works for this tornament be archived in a special section in the Forums, so that people can find them even after the tournament has finished. What about it?

Loony BoB
02-23-2006, 03:45 PM
You would think that given there was no voting this round, that those involved could just use the same images for the next round? That sounds fair.

Ultima Shadow
02-23-2006, 04:09 PM
What? This round is already over? Hey, why not give it a little more time?

Loony BoB
02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
He gave six days and *angel tears* didn't even post. I think that's long enough to at least warrant a response.

Shadow Bahamut
02-23-2006, 04:52 PM
He gave six days and *angel tears* didn't even post. I think that's long enough to at least warrant a response.
exactly BoB, thanks.
yeah, since there was no voting, you can use the same images. But please post them in round 5. cheers people.

Shadow Bahamut
02-23-2006, 04:55 PM
sounds like a good idea, i'll put it forward.

if anyone hadn't got the message from Round 4, those involved, may use their Round 4 images if they wish to.

Miriel
02-23-2006, 05:37 PM
I have a proposal: that artistic works for this tornament be archived in a special section in the Forums, so that people can find them even after the tournament has finished. What about it?
Since the new art gallery software on the mainsite should be launching soon, the artwork created for this competition could probably go there.

KoShiatar
02-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Even when it's not fanart?

However, I'm taking here my submission from the previous round. I added some shading though, I hope it looks better.

Rocket Edge
02-24-2006, 02:21 PM
any idea when palindroma?:confused:

anywho, this is mine again:greenie:

Shadow Bahamut
02-24-2006, 03:13 PM
i've asked Loony BoB about the request, he says to remind him when the FanArt section goes up, all of the posts will have to be combined and then Archived into the FanArt.

He says it should be within the next few days with a little bit of luck, if not, it may take a bit longer.

Rocket Edge
02-24-2006, 06:17 PM
i've asked Loony BoB about the request, he says to remind him when the FanArt section goes up, all of the posts will have to be combined and then Archived into the FanArt.

He says it should be within the next few days with a little bit of luck, if not, it may take a bit longer. hopefully:greenie:

Loony BoB
02-24-2006, 09:45 PM
To clarify: Once this competition is over, I'll merge all the threads for it together and put it into the archived EoFF Awards forum. I'll probably need a reminder to be made once the competition is over, though.

The FanArt gallery is probably going to be introduced before this competition is over anyway, so you'll all be more than welcome to post your art into it, as will all the rest of EoFF's artists.

*angel tears*
02-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey, sorry guys for dropping out like that. My computer got a virus :cry: Really thought i had a chance to win this thing too!Oh well maybe next time, good luck you guys~

Rocket Edge
02-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey, sorry guys for dropping out like that. My computer got a virus :cry: Really thought i had a chance to win this thing too!Oh well maybe next time, good luck you guys~ thats a pity, its too bad you had to drop out

Ultima Shadow
02-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey, sorry guys for dropping out like that. My computer got a virus :cry: Really thought i had a chance to win this thing too!Oh well maybe next time, good luck you guys~Awww, that's really sad! :(

You've got some incredible talents, so you you really did have a big chanse to win. Oh well... better luck next time. ;)

And by the way... I seriously can't decide who to vote this round. They are all equally cool. I just can't choose. :greenie:

Shadow Bahamut
02-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Not everybody has posted..we're still waiting for Chaos...

i'm sorry *angel tears*, but rules are rules and i had no contact..sorry. :cry:

Chaos
02-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Sorry for the delay, was originally gunna try and get something new, but I haven't had time to complete it.
Ok, here is my old entry from the last round, same thing everyone else has done.

Shadow Bahamut
02-28-2006, 10:39 AM
ok, looks like we've got everybody this time.
i'll post up a voting thread later today.

Shadow Bahamut
03-04-2006, 10:16 AM
sorry for the delay guys, i got tied up with work, and other stuff...

It's gonna be a hard voting round....

heres the pieces you'll be voting on:

KoShiatar (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20377&d=1140718513)

Rocket Edge (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20390&d=1140790869)

Chaos (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20433&d=1141082285)

.:Round 5 voting: Finished:.

rubah
03-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Chaos

I Don't Need A Name
03-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Rocket Edge

Samuraid
03-04-2006, 06:08 PM
KoShiatar

Miriel
03-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Rocket Edge

Rye
03-04-2006, 06:35 PM
It's really hard to choose, but Rocket Edge. :)

Zeldy
03-04-2006, 06:41 PM
KoShiatar's one is perfect, but Chao's one is so unique. I love the style.

Clone 01
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
rockt edge

Leeza
03-05-2006, 12:15 AM
This is extremely difficult to vote for. They're all so good in their own ways.

Rocket Edge

Acid Raine
03-05-2006, 12:17 AM
KoShiatar

Shadow Bahamut
03-05-2006, 12:58 AM
voting update:

Koshiatar:2

Chaos: 1

Racket Edge:5

Slade
03-05-2006, 03:50 AM
My vote goes to Chaos:)

Epiphany
03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Only one vote per person this round?

If so, then Chaos. If we get two, Chaos and Rocket Edge.

DK
03-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Chaos

Lunareescence
03-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Rocket Edge

Shadow Bahamut
03-06-2006, 08:23 AM
voting update:

Chaos: 4

Racket Edge: 7

FFVIII Fan
03-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Rocket Edge

Shadow Bahamut
03-08-2006, 11:23 AM

Chaos: 4

Racket Edge: 8

Pheesh
03-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Chaos

Stay Super
GG

Shadow Bahamut
03-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Ok, here's the final count for the votes this round:

Racket Edge: 8

As we can see, we're saying goodbye to Koshiatar this round.

We move on to the Final Round with Chaos and Rocket Edge!

Shadow Bahamut
03-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Ok, it's here guys 'n' gals, the FINAL ROUND.

It's between Rocket Edge and Chaos. It's just like any other round, but there's only two left.

Show us what you got you two!!

.:FINAL ROUND: FINISHED:.

Rocket Edge
03-09-2006, 08:45 PM
hey, do you mind if we get an extended date for showing our artwork. even just by few days or so? just so we can spend greater time with our drawings. just a suggestion, but i thought it could be an alrite idea...

Ultima Shadow
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
hey, do you mind if we get an extended date for showing our artwork. even just by few days or so? just so we can spend greater time with our drawings. just a suggestion, but i thought it could be an alrite idea...Yeah, the artists should get some extra time to spend on their drawings for the final round. :cool:

Chaos
03-12-2006, 05:55 PM
I was just wondering if they are any specific content regulations for this tournament. I have a few images and I'm unsure how suitable they would be, nothing overtly violent as such, a smidgeon of blood but no trailing entrails or such....is such stuff a no-no or are we all mature enough to handle a bit of the red stuff?

Rocket Edge
03-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I was just wondering if they are any specific content regulations for this tournament. I have a few images and I'm unsure how suitable they would be, nothing overtly violent as such, a smidgeon of blood but no trailing entrails or such....is such stuff a no-no or are we all mature enough to handle a bit of the red stuff? heh, im sure it wouldnt be a problem.

good luck by the way

Chaos
03-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Will set too then...could someone say when this is gunna end...it says 5 days, but I swear it was like that a few days back, unless more time has been added...

Shine On...
03-13-2006, 03:49 AM
DRAW! DRAW for your lives! But I anticipate your drawings will be excellent as always. I can't wait to see them done.

Shadow Bahamut
03-14-2006, 09:10 AM
ok, ok, i'll give ya an extra 5 days.

like the rules say: Anything you want.

whether that b blood, guts or anything, i'll take the blame if it's against forum rules. But it's not against my rules.

good luck!

FINAL ROUND: 1 days remaining

Rocket Edge
03-14-2006, 03:09 PM
;)

Ultima Shadow
03-14-2006, 04:59 PM
DRAW! DRAW for your lives! But I anticipate your drawings will be excellent as always. I can't wait to see them done.What he said. :cool:

Rocket Edge
03-16-2006, 04:51 PM
This is my entry. Its of Shiva (FFX's Version), and its done in colouring pencils.

hope you like:greenie:

+thanks for voting in the last round

Ultima Shadow
03-16-2006, 09:18 PM
That's just... INSANELY good! Dude, I wish I could draw like that! Also, you get a + for drawing something "hot". :cool:

Miriel
03-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow. Wonderful job Rocket Edge. :)

Rye
03-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow, that's beautiful! It looks so smooth. I wish the picture quality was better, since it's kinda hard to see some parts but that's not your fault! xD I can't wait to see Chaos'.

Chaos
03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I can't wait to see Chaos' too....oh....goshdarnit, wait a minute....

Yeah, still in progress. SHOULD have it ready for tomorrow....got some last minute fine tuning to do. :)

Nice piccy though Mr Edge.

Rocket Edge
03-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Mr Edge. ha! il adopt that

yeah, il be getting some of my pics done on a better format to view soon rye, il post them all on a thread because up to now the picture quality has been dodgy, i have a new pic of leviathan that came out ok... il actually post that on a new thread... cheers everyone

Shine On...
03-18-2006, 04:17 AM
WOW you DID draw for your life! but seriously, your picture is quite great, I really love it.

Shadow Bahamut
03-18-2006, 11:04 AM
c'mon Chaos!! time's running out!

well done Rocket Edge! love the pic!

Chaos
03-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Okie dokie...here we have it. A blood, sweat and tears job I think.

Uh yeah, been doing a lot of investigation into religious fundamentalism and fanaticism for my college course recently, and this is part of a response to that. :) Done with gouache, indian inks, watercolours, pencil, and adobe photoshop. Phhheeeew. I'm tired now.

Hope you like it.

(Apologies about the mild violence and religious slant to the piece.....hope I don't offend anyone. Would like to point out that although people have commented the priest type guys are reminiscient of the KKK, I am not portraying any christian or other existing religious group. I used the basic hooded-ness of the KKK costume because, in the western world at least, its synonymous with oppression and fanaticism etc.)

My critique is non-denominational.

DK
03-19-2006, 12:24 AM
I vote for Chaos ;_; so elite

Shadow Bahamut
03-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I vote for Chaos ;_; so elite
please post your votes in the VOTING post, thank you.

well done Chaos!

Shadow Bahamut
03-19-2006, 11:19 AM
You know what to do, vote for your fav.

Rocket Edge (AKA: Mr. Edge) (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20899&d=1142528263)

Chaos (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20940&d=1142702511)

there's also an extended time for this Voting round too, so, GET VOTING!!

.:Final Round Votes: Finished:.

I Don't Need A Name
03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Chaos!! amazing drawings!

Epiphany
03-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Chaos.

Rocket Edge is quite good as well, and has excellent shadowing, shading, and colour. But, because Chaos uses things from her own mind instead of something she's seen and is just re-rendering, she gets my vote. I love the obscure style, and she does it so well.

themagicroundabout
03-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Chaos. Her stuff just rocks. :excited:

DK
03-19-2006, 02:50 PM
I know where to post, buttmunch. I was jes showing my support D:<

DK
03-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Chaos, Man. The original drawings and the fact that her style is win and that she rocks as an artist is what wins it for me. Take nothing away from Rocket Edge, he's a godly artist, but yeah. The originality and ideas behind it win for me.

Rye
03-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Chaos, Man. The original drawings and the fact that her style is win and that she rocks as an artist is what wins it for me. Take nothing away from Rocket Edge, he's a godly artist, but yeah. The originality and ideas behind it win for me.

Summed up what I was going to say. Rocket Edge's is amazing, too, but my vote is for Chaos. It's a hard choice though, both artists are wicked talented. :D

FFVIII Fan
03-19-2006, 04:03 PM
My Vote is for Rocket Edge. I thought chaos's piece was really nice but Rocket Edge got the vote for putting so much style and detail into his piece. its amazing, and in my opinion i think that the person with the more talent in general should win, and thats why i picked rocket edge. I thought he had shown the most impressive artworks throughout this competition.:)

Rengori
03-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Chaos, her's is cruely ironic.

VoodooChild
03-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Chaos! Rocket Edge's is great, but Chaos' is more imaginative :)

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Chaos! Rocket Edge's is great, but Chaos' is more imaginative :)

Shine On...
03-20-2006, 03:34 AM
Wow, you guys both drew amazing, but I would have to vote for Chaos, her unique style is amazing, I really think you could draw an entire graphic novel, I'd buy it... Also, Mr. Edge's drawing is amazing as well, (Great pencilwork and colouring, it looks professionally done), But I love Chaos' Style, mind-blowing really...

black orb
03-20-2006, 05:36 AM
>>> Chaos..
Rocket is pretty good drawing but Chaos has come up with her own style over the years..

Shadow Bahamut
03-21-2006, 08:26 AM
I know where to post, buttmunch. I was jes showing my support D:<
¬_¬

Shadow Bahamut
03-21-2006, 08:28 AM
voting update:

Chaos: 10

R.E.: 1

Twilight Edge
03-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Chaos.

Laugh at face of Danger
03-21-2006, 06:30 PM
M.E.!

Ultima Shadow
03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Rocket Edge. His drawing is hotter. :greenie:

Acid Raine
03-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Rocket Edge. His drawing is hotter. :greenie:
Sorry, had to add my own little touch.

DK
03-22-2006, 05:00 AM
Yeah, way to vote for the best art.

Epiphany
03-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Yes, Chaos. Next time you should add some breasts to your art, you could win unanimously!

Shadow Bahamut
03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
voting update:

Chaos: 12

R.E.: 4

Chaos
03-22-2006, 10:32 PM
*shameless vote whorage*

DK
03-22-2006, 10:35 PM
OMFGS TEHY HAVE TEH BOOB0RZ I VOET FOR TEHM!!!1

seriously, i lol'd. <3

Rocket Edge
03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
*shameless vote whorage* ha!:D

Shadow Bahamut
03-23-2006, 09:19 AM
ROFLMAO, w00t w00t!!

heaven_angel
03-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Chaos!!! she's more imaginative

Rocket Edge
03-24-2006, 05:28 AM
ROFLMAO, w00t w00t!!
wot duz roflmao mean??? :)

Slade
03-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Chaos. I love that style :)

Pheesh
03-24-2006, 07:36 AM
ROFLMAO, w00t w00t!!
wot duz roflmao mean??? :)

rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

Chaos, it seems to capture more emotion.

Stay Essential
EE

Shadow Bahamut
03-25-2006, 01:47 AM
voting update:

Chaos: 14

Leeza
03-26-2006, 08:35 AM
I have to vote for Chaos on this one. This isn't normally what I'd go for, but there is something unique about this particular submission. That's not to say that Rocket Edge's isn't also a masterpiece, but I can only vote for one. :cat:

Shadow Bahamut
03-26-2006, 10:45 AM
voting update:

Chaos: 15

Miriel
03-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Rocket Edge, I choose you!

Shadow Bahamut
03-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Chaos: 15

R.E.: 5