PDA

View Full Version : I personally like the second one best. (Is shot)

KentaRawr!
01-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Are your opinions on video-games different enough to earn the "(Is shot)" message? What ARE your ever-so different opinions?

My different opinion is: Majora's Mask is my favorite 3D Zelda game, and the place for my favorite 2D Zelda game is a tie between Four Swords Adventures and A Link to the Past.

(Please note: This is not a joke topic. And yes, I do like FSA as much as I do Alttp.
:shifty: )

Madame Adequate
01-13-2006, 04:12 AM
I don't like Zelda.

That usually warrants *Is shot* in certain parts.

Vyk
01-13-2006, 06:59 AM
I get that response when I express my distaste for FFT

Madame Adequate
01-13-2006, 03:04 PM

FFT is overrated.

Vandal Hearts >>> FFT.

fire_of_avalon
01-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Word up, Vykrom. Me too.

And the fact I like Chrono Cross way more than Chrono Trigger (but that's just so far) and the fact that I really do enjoy FFVIII and FFX. But most of my other opinions are pretty mainstream, I think.

edczxcvbnm
01-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I like Bigfoot and tons of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty games. TONS! I don't ever get that message because of it though. Because people realize that I am just too awesome.

Dreddz
01-13-2006, 07:48 PM
I respect personal Taste, and hope others do as well, MARIO SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Mage
01-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Final Fantasy VII is overrated, and likewise, Advent Children offered nothing to the series but more of the flashy graphics for which the series is becoming known.

Not only did FFVII mark the series' venture into three dimensions, but also a shift of focus from a strong and coherent plot and likeable and relatable characters to how many polygons can be fit on the screen.

Lindy
01-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Majora's mask is the best Zelda game.

Shoeberto
01-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Halo more like gaylo.

edczxcvbnm
01-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Final Fantasy VII is overrated, and likewise, Advent Children offered nothing to the series but more of the flashy graphics for which the series is becoming known.

Not only did FFVII mark the series' venture into three dimensions, but also a shift of focus from a strong and coherent plot and likeable and relatable characters to how many polygons can be fit on the screen.

Yes, because we all know that the graphic artists also write the stories :rolleyes2

Black Mage
01-13-2006, 10:35 PM
I implied no such thing.

edczxcvbnm
01-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Yes and for that focus to happen the people who write the stories and the people who do the graphics and stuff would have to do both. You so totally implied it. How did you NOT imply it?

Giga Guess
01-13-2006, 11:48 PM
The fact that I'm one of 5 people that seems to think that FFX-2 was as good as the first.

Black Mage
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Yes and for that focus to happen the people who write the stories and the people who do the graphics and stuff would have to do both. You so totally implied it. How did you NOT imply it?

I'm not talking about the focus of one section of the development, but the direction the entire game has taken. Though perhaps not so much with FFVII itself; I would most certainly say it was the beginning of the modern adulation of graphics. I'm was simply stating that I feel the developer has, as a whole, begun to put a higher emphasis on how 'breathtaking' the game looks rather than how well the story is written.

I fail to see how that implies graphic designers are one in the same as the writers.

Raistlin
01-14-2006, 12:47 AM
FFT is overrated.
I've just lost all respect for you, Misty.

When I say that Lunar SSSC is one of the best RPGs ever, most people haven't even heard of it so then I have to kill them. But I guess that's not exactly what you're asking about.

Germ Hamee
01-14-2006, 12:59 AM
I despise FFVII with every inch of my soul. I've never wasted so much of my time trucking on because, "everybody says it gets really good!" *is shot*

I like Kingdom Hearts even less. What a piece of crap. *is shot*

Chrono Cross is a million times better than Chrono Trigger. *is shot*

I thought FFX-2 was a lot of fun. *is shot*

I really don't like Nobuo Uematsu's music and I'm thrilled he's starting to fade away. *is shot*

KentaRawr!
01-14-2006, 02:28 AM
I despise FFVII with every inch of my soul. I've never wasted so much of my time trucking on because, "everybody says it gets really good!" *is shot*

I like Kingdom Hearts even less. What a piece of crap. *is shot*

I thought FFX-2 was a lot of fun. *is shot*

I really don't like Nobuo Uematsu's music and I'm thrilled he's starting to fade away. *is shot*

You know, I just shot you five times there, mister. :p

Slothy
01-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Halo more like gaylo.

Pretty much sums up my feelings of it there. Also, I did enjoy FFX-2, think RE4 was severely overrated, and hate the Tekken series. If I'm not dead after being shot for all those, then I'm probably wishing I was.

edczxcvbnm
01-14-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm not talking about the focus of one section of the development, but the direction the entire game has taken. Though perhaps not so much with FFVII itself; I would most certainly say it was the beginning of the modern adulation of graphics. I'm was simply stating that I feel the developer has, as a whole, begun to put a higher emphasis on how 'breathtaking' the game looks rather than how well the story is written.

I fail to see how that implies graphic designers are one in the same as the writers.

Unless they started to hire /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.giftier people to write their storeis then your arguement and impression holds no grounds. Could they have put a higher focus on graphics at the top levels? Yes. How does that effect the writers of the story? It wouldn't because graphics are none of their concern. They don't hand their drafts off to the top PM. Just the editor or who ever.

You statement this time, while I don't agree with it, holds your posistion while your other one does not. I stand by that *shakes fist*

Polnareff
01-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I have plenty of things....

Street Fighter is the best fighting series ever made. Next to Darkstalkers, anyway. Or Rival Schools.

Tekken sucks.

Tekken sucks.

And did I mention Tekken sucks?

Oh wait I did. Twice. Never mind.

Virtua Fighter>>>>>>Tekken in every possible manner.

Final Fantasy is the third or fourth best RPG series in my mind (care to guess what I think the two best are?)

Zelda: Link to the Past sucks compared to Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (not sure if I'd get shot for that, but who cares, really?)

The Dreamcast was the best system (I still believe this one firmly >=D)

Advent Children did not deserve the hype it received. AT ALL.

Shinkiro (one of SNK's former artists, he now works for Capcom) is the WORST ARTIST EVER IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING! Even worse than that Amano guy....ick.

Fatal Fury is the best SNK series.

I don't like a lot of Final Fantasy music unless it's from FF4.

And the funny part is, I seriously believe every last one of those things genuinely. Popularity/hype doesn't even come into play for any of them except the AC thing.

Giga Guess
01-14-2006, 04:30 PM

I hold 'em about par with each other. but I think CC's plot is a lot deeper than CT's.

Lindy
01-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Unless they started to hire /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.giftier people to write their storeis then your arguement and impression holds no grounds. Could they have put a higher focus on graphics at the top levels? Yes. How does that effect the writers of the story? It wouldn't because graphics are none of their concern. They don't hand their drafts off to the top PM. Just the editor or who ever.

You statement this time, while I don't agree with it, holds your posistion while your other one does not. I stand by that *shakes fist*
Or you know, you could think sensibly and logically, and realise that maybe they could have hired MORE graphics artists and LESS story writers, hence why the graphics were better and the story was worse?

lollogicalthinking

FF7 WAS awful, and CC was better than CT.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-14-2006, 05:45 PM

Can't the plot also be breathtaking if done well enough?

Lindy
01-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Except FF7's plot wasn't breathtaking, it was a nothingy yawn-fest with boring, one dimensional characters.

Vyk
01-14-2006, 06:43 PM
From what I've gathered he sorta went with Sakaguchi to Mistwalker. And he's been working on a lot of independant stuff. So he'll be with Microsoft and the originator of FF rather than with Square Enix itself. Though I wouldn't doubt he'd still pull in some favors for them if they wanted.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Halo more like gaylo.

I lol'd so hard!!

KentaRawr!
01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
I have plenty of things....

Street Fighter is the best fighting series ever made. Next to Darkstalkers, anyway. Or Rival Schools.

Tekken sucks.

Tekken sucks.

And did I mention Tekken sucks?

Oh wait I did. Twice. Never mind.

Virtua Fighter>>>>>>Tekken in every possible manner.

Final Fantasy is the third or fourth best RPG series in my mind (care to guess what I think the two best are?)

Zelda: Link to the Past sucks compared to Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (not sure if I'd get shot for that, but who cares, really?)

The Dreamcast was the best system (I still believe this one firmly >=D)

Advent Children did not deserve the hype it received. AT ALL.

Shinkiro (one of SNK's former artists, he now works for Capcom) is the WORST ARTIST EVER IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING! Even worse than that Amano guy....ick.

Fatal Fury is the best SNK series.

I don't like a lot of Final Fantasy music unless it's from FF4.

And the funny part is, I seriously believe every last one of those things genuinely. Popularity/hype doesn't even come into play for any of them except the AC thing.

I only shot you once, but I made sure to aim for the heart when you said Alttp sucks. :count:

Lindy
01-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Oracle of Ages/Seasons < A Link To The Past < Oracle of Ages AND Oracle of Seasons

Ages and Seasons only win over Link to the Past when combined, separately they're good, but not as good as Link to the Past, together they're fantastic.

KentaRawr!
01-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Oracle of Ages/Seasons < A Link To The Past < Oracle of Ages AND Oracle of Seasons

Ages and Seasons only win over Link to the Past when combined, separately they're good, but not as good as Link to the Past, together they're fantastic.

Blarg. >.< I still have to get the 7th essence in OoA. :mad: Can't wait until I can do the linked game. :choc:

Slothy
01-14-2006, 11:43 PM
With two topics about this series going on right now, it just crossed my mind. If nobody wanted to shoot me for my other comments, this should have me eating lead:

I think the Super Smash Brothers games are some of the most boring games I've ever played. I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE them! *is shot by just about every member of the board*

Germ Hamee
01-16-2006, 12:52 AM
With two topics about this series going on right now, it just crossed my mind. If nobody wanted to shoot me for my other comments, this should have me eating lead:

I think the Super Smash Brothers games are some of the most boring games I've ever played. I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE them! *is shot by just about every member of the board*

Agreed. Which sucks, because they looked so much fun, and I was so excited to finally get to play it... and I could not get into it at all. So much so that I never want to be confronted with a copy of it again.

Vermachtnis
01-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Halo more like gaylo.

That is classic.

Sigma should be left alone. Who cares if he keeps coming back. It's Megaman, the furmula has been set since 2. *Head Shotted*

I liked Devil May Cry 2 *Shot to Gut*

Kraid is the best Metroid boss *Impaled by WTF flag*

Need for Speed: Underground is lame and boring *Shot by some modified weapon*

Red Head better then blonde *Shot by stereotypical pretty gun*
I think I should explain this one. It was this weird, but hilarous, arguement my friend and I had about heroain hair colour. I said it was great that red heads are getting some much need air time (Jessica and Karin) and he went off about how they should have been blonde. He took it to school and it turned into some weird red vs. yellow thing. It was really imature and these weird pictures of blonde Jessice and red head Samus where drawn. BTW: I'm pretty positive I mispelled heroain.