PDA

View Full Version : USC 2006 NCAA Football Champions

eestlinc
01-13-2006, 06:12 AM
So what do they do with all the t-shirts, hats, and wheaties boxes that were printed up in the even that USC won the Rose Bowl? Do they just donate them all to charity? Wouldn't it make more sense to sell them on ebay, where they'd probably fetch a premium from collectors, and then donate the proceeds to charity instead?

I guess there is some comedic value in a starving child in Uganda walking around in a Buffalo Bills 1991 NFL Champions shirt that would be lost if the shirt was in some sweaty memorabilia collector's basement instead.

Yamaneko
01-13-2006, 06:17 AM
They could've gone to Disneyland regardless. I mean it's like less than an hour drive without traffic.

escobert
01-13-2006, 06:19 AM
I dunno. I remember when I was in 8th grade and my homewtown team was in the championship football game. The other team already had Vermont Division III champion jackets for right after the game. We beat them by a feild goal :D

Del Murder
01-13-2006, 06:45 AM
I once saw an informercial about starving people in Europe and one of them had a 'Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champions' t-shirt on.

The Mighty Sabotender
01-13-2006, 06:48 AM
USC lost? Ha! That is what they get for beating Oregon.

SoulTaker*
01-13-2006, 06:58 AM
White should have stayed one more year, his performance in the Rose Bowl was poetic.
My school went to the state championship in football and we had championship T's made already before the game, we ended up winning so we didnt have to throw them away, but I'm guessing most are thrown away but some might leak out to ebay.

Miriel
01-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Somehow, I really doubt that SC is going to auction off merchandise for a game that they lost.

eestlinc
01-13-2006, 05:42 PM
This is not a topic about the game. Please don't discuss the plays or the players.

Hannah, if USC is too selfish to put away its pride to help the needy, then the university doesn't deserve a national title.

Yamaneko
01-13-2006, 05:54 PM
USC doesn't care about poor people. Why do you think they have so many Republicans?

Kirobaito
01-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I've had this discussion many times. My friend says that he remembered hearing about how they were selling USC nat. champs shirts outside the stadium after the game for $5. But I suppose that there is a warehouse somewhere proclaiming the Chargers the Super Bowl XXIX champions or something.

Miriel
01-13-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm not saying that SC won't donate the goods to a charity, but auctioning them off seems really weird.

And don't even get me started on the gripload of philanthropy and community service that the school and the students do for the underprivileged of Socal.

But it's true, we do have a lot of pride. And for good reason too.

Lindy
01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
The real problem here, is the idea of printing up memorabilia for a victory, BEFORE that victory occurs.

Goddamn messed up.

Miriel
01-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Just being prepared, Lindy.

SoulTaker*
01-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Everybody does it, thats why when a team wins a championship you see them with hats and t shirts claiming they won at the end of the game, probably no big deal to a major university or pro team as far as money is concerned. If they do win they go into mass production.

Lindy
01-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Or you could, y'know, save money and resources, and wait until you actually win?

eestlinc
01-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Trojan pride.

My high school was the Trojans, incidentally, and we had the USC colors and fight song.

Miriel
01-13-2006, 10:19 PM
When I graduated High School, someone wrote in my yearbook in huge letters: I'M A TROJAN, USE ME FOR SEX. And then during our Senior Breakfast, someone wrote that on a piece of paper and stuck it to my back.

True story.