PDA

View Full Version : Concerning this forum

Del Murder
01-14-2006, 03:55 AM
There currently is a thread in Feedback about splitting this forum up. Since the people fussing over it don't even post here (which is just silly), I thought it would be more appropriate if we found out what you the average FFI-IV poster thought. The options are:

1. Final Fantasy I-IV (same as it is now)

2. Final Fantasy I-III
Final Fantasy IV

3. Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV

What do you guys think?

Momiji
01-14-2006, 04:01 AM
I feel that IV is good enough to have its own forum, because V and VI have their own, so why can't IV? Besides, having IV with the NES titles makes it seem like one of the 'lesser worthy' Final Fantasies of having its own forum. I'd say 'make a forum for all 4, but FFII and III don't get enough fans to make its own forum, so keep it with FFI. But I think it's a good idea to make one for IV alone though.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
01-14-2006, 04:07 AM
Each one independent... They all got remakes and FFIII is coming out soon... oh, AND I MADE THAT TOPIC... :'(

Snap Jumper
01-14-2006, 04:16 AM
I say they should be split up. 1 and 4 are popular enough for their own forums, leaving just 2 and 3. With a general FF forum, anything involving more than one of these can be pasted there.

Fire_Emblem776
01-14-2006, 04:32 AM
split them up then we will see if any one of thees wll get less post than the FF 5 forum.

Momiji
01-14-2006, 04:34 AM
Well I honestly don't care which way this decision goes as long as FFIV gets its own forum. I'm just stating that I don't see much interest out of anyone over FFII and FFIII, so put them in with FFI.

Loony BoB
01-14-2006, 04:36 AM
I feel that IV is good enough to have its own forum, because V and VI have their own, so why can't IV? Besides, having IV with the NES titles makes it seem like one of the 'lesser worthy' Final Fantasies of having its own forum. I'd say 'make a forum for all 4, but FFII and III don't get enough fans to make its own forum, so keep it with FFI. But I think it's a good idea to make one for IV alone though.
Keep in mind that FFIII is being released in America and FFII probably will be too, meaning they will finally pick up that fanbase they never had.

Momiji
01-14-2006, 04:42 AM
FFII is already out, but it still isn't as popular as the others, as far as I've seen. FFIII will be popular I'm sure, since I've played it via emulator. But until then, keeping II and III with I seems like the best idea to me. But like I said, as long as IV gets its own forum, I don't care.

Crossblades
01-14-2006, 04:44 AM
I like the idea of having separate forums for FF I, II, III, and IV. It's only fair

Soul of Tarsis
01-14-2006, 05:27 AM
People care about these games? Huh, must have something to do with FFIV:Advanced...

Momiji
01-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Nope, actually I like the earlier Final Fantasies more than the newer ones.

ljkkjlcm9
01-14-2006, 06:25 AM
considering FFI and II always get released together nowadays, keep them together. I think most people haven't played three, and when it comes out on the DS everyone will see how awesome it is and it'll get a good fanbase. Therefore it should get it's own, as should FFIV, but I+II together

THE JACKEL

Rase
01-14-2006, 06:47 AM
I'd probably agree most with what ljkkjlcm said. I and II, while good games, don't get enough traffic to warrant a seperate forum for each. III, while getting almost no traffic now, may well pick up after the release of the DS remake. IV should get it's own forum, as I think it gets the most of any of the four. However, I'd say wait on the splitting until after the re-release of III, to see how much the traffic picks up, and if it's enough to deserve it's own forum.

If I had to choose one of the options, I'd say give them each their own forum. FF: CC has it's own, yet receives much less traffic it seems. But still, wait until the new remake and see how much things pick up.

ljkkjlcm9
01-14-2006, 06:49 AM
I'd probably agree most with what ljkkjlcm said. I and II, while good games, don't get enough traffic to warrant a seperate forum for each. III, while getting almost no traffic now, may well pick up after the release of the DS remake. IV should get it's own forum, as I think it gets the most of any of the four. However, I'd say wait on the splitting until after the re-release of III, to see how much the traffic picks up, and if it's enough to deserve it's own forum.

If I had to choose one of the options, I'd say give them each their own forum. FF: CC has it's own, yet receives much less traffic it seems. But still, wait until the new remake and see how much things pick up.
yes that's perfect

let's also note that with FFCC, it'll be a series on Nintendo systems so that section will eventually get more traffic

THE JACKEL

Upriser Spearmint!
01-14-2006, 12:29 PM
I agree that it should be split up I, II, II and IV in separate forums.

Reine
01-14-2006, 12:41 PM
I agree that FFIV should at least get its own forum, I also support the idea of splitting up the forums, the downside is it will take up more space

theundeadhero
01-14-2006, 01:50 PM
I like I through III.

Then a forum with IV and V combined.

Crossblades
01-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Nope, actually I like the earlier Final Fantasies more than the newer ones.

Same here

Soul of Tarsis
01-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I like I through III.

Then a forum with IV and V combined.

Boo

Captain Maxx Power
01-14-2006, 06:49 PM
There's not enough "substance" to each game to warrant it's own section, with the exception of FFIV. I'm with the others, if the other SNES titles get their own section, why not FFIV? It's always baffled me. I think it'd be fair to rename the FF1-3 section to "Classic FF's" or "Old School FF's" or "NES FF's" or something.

Sephex
01-14-2006, 10:51 PM
I always thought that IV should have its own forum.

Tempest
01-14-2006, 10:52 PM
There's not enough "substance" to each game to warrant it's own section, with the exception of FFIV. I'm with the others, if the other SNES titles get their own section, why not FFIV? It's always baffled me. I think it'd be fair to rename the FF1-3 section to "Classic FF's" or "Old School FF's" or "NES FF's" or something.
Yeah, I agree with you there. FFIV should at least have it's own section but, there isn't enough on FF I-III to have their own section.

abrojtm
01-14-2006, 11:45 PM
FFIV and FFV should be merged. FFIV gets about a bajillion more times threads than FF II-III and FFV combined. Out of the choices you gave I chose FFI-III; FFIV

Teek
01-15-2006, 12:50 AM
In all technicality, I think that the first six should have their own forum. Anyone who thinks that FFVI isn't a "classic" is clearly living in the past.

However, if I have to choose from the list, make FFI-III their own forum, and then IV-VI. It'll be cleaner, and correlates to the "generation" of games.

eestlinc
01-15-2006, 01:31 AM
we're not going to merge any game forums together.

ljkkjlcm9
01-15-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't see why everyone wants to merge the earlier games together, especially the ones all getting new releases. After the release of FFIV, more posts have been made about it. ANd after 3 DS that'll increase, and after the other two on GBA are released, those two will increase too.

I think I and II should be together, the rest get their own, but wait til FFIII DS gets closer to release

THE JACKEL

crashNUMBERS
01-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Each game to have it's own. 'Cause mods usually don't care if you revive a thread that's on the front page and it makes it easier to look for threads on that particular game instead of it all together...

Loony BoB
01-15-2006, 04:24 PM
For people confused about what's going on, all FFII, III & IV threads are being moved to their respective forums. Threads for multiple FF's are being sent to the General FF forum.

01-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Even the really old ones?

eestlinc
01-16-2006, 03:11 AM
yes.

crashNUMBERS
01-16-2006, 04:47 AM
There aren't that much and it'd be easy for 5 mods to take care of it. Like each do one or two pages full and all...

Rengori
01-16-2006, 06:05 AM
I think it should be FF I-III have one forum and FFIV have its own forum. Crash just wants to be lazy when he becomes an admin.

01-16-2006, 09:30 AM
YAY!!! (hug!)

Loony BoB
01-16-2006, 09:51 AM
This is already done now. I went through the forum yesterday and sorted out every single thread. Took me bloody forever!