What about YRP? they don't have another share with anyone :mad2:

Soul of Tarsis
01-14-2006, 05:30 AM
What on earth are you talking about?

Marluxiaswife
01-14-2006, 05:46 AM
What on earth are you talking about?

From Rikku X-2 point of view when she was messaging me she
told me that Squall and Cloud are both Heros and share stiff with eacher other, Tifa and Riona look like eacher and share something.
This is what she said to me in the message

Rikku X-2
01-14-2006, 06:49 AM
From Rikku X-2 point of view when she was messaging me she
told me that Squall and Cloud are both Heros and share stiff with eacher other, Tifa and Riona look like eacher and share something.
This is what she said to me in the message

Right thats what I meant :p

Setzer Gabianni
01-14-2006, 07:43 AM
I know that Cloud & Squall share something, along with Riona and Tifa

What about YRP? they don't have another share with anyone :mad2:

Because they're different? Not every character has to have similarities..

Mitch
01-14-2006, 08:47 AM
both Heros and share stiff with eacher other

xDDDDDDDDDDDD

boys from the dwarf
01-14-2006, 09:18 AM
no they dont share much with anyone. they have a unique amount of suckiness compared to the other characters though. characters arent realy supposed to be the same and they all pretty much have totally different personalitys.

Old Manus
01-14-2006, 10:23 AM
They all share the fact that they like women

look_out_below
01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
How about the fact they are all members of the Gullwings

My name is...something..?
01-16-2006, 05:25 PM
They all share the fact that they like women
Oooh yeah.

lady yunalesca
01-16-2006, 11:52 PM
paine is moody and has more to her story than is let on like barrett, lulu, sqaull and cloud!!! (to name but a few)

rikku is over enthusiastic and quite childlike ala eiko, yuffie etc

yuna is sweet and headstrong like tifa, rinoa, garnet etc

they use the same kind of character flaws and endearments in most of the ff games, its a system that works!!!!

Dragon Ash
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Squall and Cloud are both Heros and share stiff with eacher other
That cracked me up. :D

But anyway, head out of the gutter (you too Mitch!)

Do you really have a problem with the fact that the characters aren't (apparently) similar to any other FF characters? Can't you just moan about the immensely shallow plotline like everyone else?

White_Knight
01-17-2006, 09:41 AM
HOW DARE YOU!

Cruise Control
01-17-2006, 09:52 AM
They share something with Tifa....BOOBS!
xD

Red Squall
01-17-2006, 09:54 AM
there are going to be similarities to characters just like everyday people have similarities, but they all have there own differences and twists. Just because you have a similarity with someone dosent mean you and him are the same sort of person does it? same with game characters.

ffxfreak93
01-17-2006, 10:01 AM
They share something with Tifa....BOOBS!
xD

tifa and lulu's are much better!!

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Okay, first I must defend X-2. I really liked seeing how Spira was after Sin was destroyed. I think it had a decent storyline. Not the best, but it was decent, and to see the return of Lulu, Wakka, Yuna...It was great! I think FFX-2 was a really good game.

Secondly, Doesn't Yuna also remind you guys of Aeris? She does me.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 02:46 PM

Actually yeah. She does kinda look alike.

Anyway. All Final Fantasy character's are connected in some kind of time portal, in a parellel universe, that they are all secretly sister's and brothers... Like in Final Fantasy VII, who knew that the whole world was actually Edea's kids? LOL.

Kidding about above... ^^^ lol.

SummonerSteph
01-28-2006, 04:22 PM
she does remind me a bit of Aeris, but Aeris smiled more...:D

raskerino
01-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I personally take the view that having multiple hyper characters makes them similar but not copies or anything like it. Making these categories tends to lead people to avoid noticing individuality or the changes that are done so nicely. I'm now going to go about disagreeing with people.

Luckily Yuna (in X-2) does not remind me of Aeris, Aeris was a nasty not remotely empathetic person. Yuna at least tries to be nice... that's a huge difference.

welshyuna, I would definitely not put Barret anywhere near the category you put him in- loud and yelling is not remotely like Squall or Cloud, that doesn't make sense.

I think categorizing doesn't make sense, especially for me- it entirely depends on how well I think their character is done for whether I'll like them. I generally like what's usually called "badass" yet I hate Paine more than any other FF character.

Can't you just moan about the immensely shallow plotline like everyone else?

He speaks the truth!
The characters in this game had as much similarity with other characters as every other FF (for the most part), except they were far worse developed (AKA: none) and they were worse done. Unlike Rikku in FFX there isn't a combination between being very excitable and active with a darker side, there's just over the top noise. I prefer Yuna in X-2 than X but she's still not an interesting character. And Paine wins the cake for worst FF character. Don't get me wrong I like this game a lot- it's very fun.