PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Classes

A7X_Weapon
01-14-2006, 10:33 AM
to get a green or blue chocobo i think i need to mate to great b class+ chocobos, but all the chocobos i catch seem to be C class. How do i raise them to B class?

Mo-Nercy
01-14-2006, 10:47 AM
To get a Green or Blue Chocobo, you need to mate Great or Good Chocobos to each other (so Great + Great, Good + Good, Great + Good or Good + Great). It doesn't matter what class they are but the better the class, the more chance of a 'successful' mating. A Class C chocobo will probably not get you a Green or Blue, but a Class B, A or S has a much higher chance.

To raise the Class of a Chocobo, you must go to the Chocobo Square in the Gold Saucer and talk to Ester about being a race jockey. Race your Chocobos through the lower grades until you're satisfied. It will only take 3 wins for the Chocobo to go up a Class so it's probably in your best interest to just keep going until the Chocobo is Class S.

There is also another vital thing to have in possession when planning on getting a Green or Blue Chocobo and that is the Carob Nut. You get these from the red dinosaur monsters near Bone Village. When you mate the Chocobos, Billy will ask you for a nut. Give him the Carob Nut because anything else will NOT give you a Green or Blue Chocobo.

For future reference. You mate your Green and Blue Chocobo together to get a Black (you must use a Carob Nut again). And to get the Gold Chocobo, you gotta mate the Black with a Wonderful Chocobo (which you can catch wild at the tracks near Icicle Inn) and for this mating you need to use a Zeio Nut (obtained from the Goblins on Goblin Island, a tiny island to the east of the farm).

Good luck.

chronic_Maniac
01-14-2006, 10:59 AM
The monster you get the carob nut from is called vlakorrados you can defeat him to get it. As a more sucessful gain you can steal it from him.
He is indeed located near bone village. Don't bother going to forests or snow aeras though, vlakorrados is only found in the plain green area. He is a rare fight so have time if you want to stock up on the nuts. IF you do not wish to obtain them from him you can exchange gp for them in the wonder square. They trade for 500 gp.

A7X_Weapon
01-14-2006, 11:04 AM
oh k cool thnx for the help :)

Deathchant
01-14-2006, 11:36 AM
to get a green or blue chocobo i think i need to mate to great b class+ chocobos, but all the chocobos i catch seem to be C class. How do i raise them to B class?
Getting higher in class means racing chocobo's at chocobo square in GoldSaucer.
Thereby, you don't need some regular chocobo's...you'll need GREAT chocobo's in order to obtain the green/blue ones...

I don't want to be rude or something, and it's not that I don't want to help you but I think with a little LITTLE research, you could have found the answer yourself. This is a very simple question.Just type in google FF7+chocobo+class and you'll find your answer.

Nevertheless, Mo-Nercy: very nice and detailed answer!

Neco Arc
01-14-2006, 12:55 PM
It is not necessary to get your chocobos to Rank B and above. In fact it is possible to gain a blue or green chocobo immediately after catching a great or good chocobo. However the chance of a blue or green chocobo appearing is very low. However it is in your best interest to upgrade their rank. (A blue and green chocobo are obtainable when Tifa is the lead of the party. Black and Gold, I'm pretty sure are not.)

Another thing to point out.

The best way of obtaining the carob nut from the Vlakorados early on is to use the enemy skill Bad Breath (obtainable from the Marlboro at Gaea's Cliff), which will inflict certain status ailments on the monster. Use steal on the Vlakorados, and you will gain a nut.

Deathchant
01-14-2006, 01:56 PM
you could jsut steal the nut from it, because it does not do high damage. A BOLT BALL attack causes 300HP MAX. His violent advance does like 110HP..