PDA

View Full Version : Thunder

Rye
01-14-2006, 04:20 PM
What is the worst thunderstorm you remember? I thought of this because I was woken up this morning by the biggest clap of thunder I've ever heard.

I think the worst one was when I was about 5 or 6, and my Dad and I were returning home from some food place, when I was still in Queens, and it was pouring and there was so much lightning. It was scary, since I was little, but kind of cool. :)

Shauna
01-14-2006, 04:22 PM
I was asleep during the worst one we've had. :D I slept through a thunder storm. I never forgave myself. :(

Suikojowy
01-14-2006, 04:24 PM
We had this really bad one when I was in college once. It was closing time and everybody was too scared to leave, myself included.

Lost Number
01-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Christmas 04. Really bad storm, went on for ages. TV out, telephone out, lights out, dreadful. I however made £60 by going out into the middle of a field holding a long copper pipe up.

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I adore thunderstorms, so I don't know of bad storms.

Venom
01-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Long time ago we had a thunderstorm that caused a week of no power.

rubah
01-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Rain and thunder make it easier to sleep.

Tempest
01-14-2006, 11:46 PM
The worst storm I've ever seen was when I was 10 and remember it very well. It was actually a tornado that completely decimated another town and where I lived lucked out because it went over us. But, damn it was windy. I thought our school doors were going to blow in. I seriously thought we were all going to die. Scary stuff.

Shoden
01-15-2006, 12:13 AM
about 2 years back there was a massive thunderstorm throughout the evening and night, the lightning was down the street and thunder over the house, I was in a state fixing the computer.

Discord
01-15-2006, 01:06 AM
I actually like thunder, lightning and rain, though if you ask, can't remember how old I was, but there was a thunder-roll really close to my house. I almost fell down from my chair. The next thing I did was making sure all my electronics is unplugged.

Markus. D
01-15-2006, 01:18 AM
a worst thunder storm is when its not cool.

I loved the thunderstorm that exploded are phoneline :D

*remembers giant flash nova*

Discord
01-15-2006, 01:27 AM
a worst thunder storm is when its not cool.

I loved the thunderstorm that exploded are phoneline :D

*remembers giant flash nova*

That just reminds me of the moment when every single school in the city was closed, except mine, because there was too much snow on the streets. That's off-topic, but relevant.:)

Yuffie514
01-17-2006, 01:21 AM
all through my childhood i thought that rain and thunder would cause world flooding. i have no such phobia as does Rikku. lightning can be scary when it strikes close to home.

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-17-2006, 01:26 AM
I remember when I was bout 6/7 and I was in school and we had a thunderstorm, a kid hid under the table. He was weired. I love thunder and lightning.

StarChild
01-17-2006, 01:28 AM
when I was a younger we had one so bad that the sound of the thunder shook our house. I was walking out of my room when it happened and I got thrown into the wall and got knocked out for a few minutes.

Black Angel
01-17-2006, 03:37 AM
It was over this summer, I was just mindin' my own, playin' GTA3, crashing into an old lady, :D And there was a clash of thunder that was only probly a few feet from my own door, so I ran into the kitchen, turned off everything, except for the TV in the kitchen and waited till it passed...

Another 1 was also over the summer, I was getting into the car and there was also another clash of lightning that me me jump into the car, but I snagged my pantleg into the door and gave me a slight graze and a mega bruise...

~SapphireStar~
01-17-2006, 03:20 PM
It was 3 years ago and I was sleeping in my grandmothers room and the thunder was above the house! I was in tears and seriously thought the world was going to end. It was very scary, I usually like thunder storms, but that one was horrid.

Marshall Banana
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
I only remember a few. One was a few years ago, it produced some tornados, that's why I remember it. And one earlier last year that knocked out the power for a lot of hours while I had a friend over. Not much severe weather in a while, though.

I love storms, I just don't like tornados.