PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Revolution-What Do You Want To See?

Elite Lord Sigma
01-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Now, as many people know, Nintendo's popular fighting series Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Revolution. If you haven't played either the original or Melee, shame on you. What do you want to see in this game? When do you think it's going to be released? These and other questions are common across gaming boards all over the Internet. So enjoy.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-14-2006, 05:22 PM
As I understand it, Nintendo addressed prettymuch every series it's ever produced for Super Smash Bros. Melee except StarTropics and Punch-Out!!. To rectify this terrible insult, Mike Jones and Little Mac need to be playable characters in the next one.

Del Murder
01-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I'd rather play as King Hippo or Zoda.

I'd also want to see Wario in it because he has his own franchise of games. And perhaps Diddy Kong.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
I suppose Wario would be good, as long as he's not a Mario clone (even though there is little chance of this, seeing how Wario relies more on his fists, and he can't jump for crap). I have no idea where King Hippo and Zoda are from.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Wario has more than enough going on to avoid being a Mario clone. His signature move is the shoulder-dash, plus he has all those hats that give him special powers.

King Hippo and Zoda are respectively antagonists from Punch-Out!! and StarTropics, you Philistine.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, Wario has more than enough going on to avoid being a Mario clone. His signature move is the shoulder-dash, plus he has all those hats that give him special powers.

King Hippo and Zoda are respectively antagonists from Punch-Out!! and StarTropics, you Philistine.

I have never heard of StarTropics, and have never played Punch-Out!! But I do think Neanderthal would have been better than Philistine.

Lindy
01-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Phillistine is someone who doesn't understand the finer things in life, which Punch-Out!! and Startropics can be defined as.

I'd personally like to see branching out into mores games not made by Nintendo, but on Nintendo systems.

Laff at having Advance Wars characters in it, since there are already Fire Emblem characters (which was made by Intelligent Systems).

Elite Lord Sigma
01-14-2006, 05:53 PM
It'd be nice if a few Paper Mario (both games) characters were in the game.

Lindy
01-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Screw Paper Mario.

GENO AND MALLOW OR BUST.

Cz
01-14-2006, 07:17 PM
All the dual characters in the previous game were a pain. I don't care what characters are introduced in SSBR, as long as they have unique movesets.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-14-2006, 07:37 PM
I also hope there are a lot of them. I like having a wide variety with whihc to destroy my foes.

KentaRawr!
01-14-2006, 09:05 PM
What I want to see? Hmm...

CLONE ELIMINATION

Young Link should have instead of Bombs, Arrows, and a Boomerang, Bombchu's, the Cane of Somari, and a Seed Shooter. n.n Bombchu's are small machines that clime around floors/walls, and when they come in contact with something, blow up! The cane of somari makes a block you can push and/or throw. The seed-shooter is basically a gun that shoots different kinds of seeds. Let's just say it would shoot ember-seeds. Ember Seeds turn into fire once they hit something hard. o.o

Ganondorf should have a new move-set all together. Some things I would like him to have would be his sword from the space-world video, and his lightning blast from Ocarina of Time.

Roy should have a new move-set. Too many people love Marth to change his. >_>

Falco should have a new move-set. But don't remove the gun. We all love the gun. n.n

Pichu should just be an alternate costume for Pikachu. o.o

Dr. Mario, like Pichu, should just be an alternate costume. (For Mario, of course.)

CHARACTERS I WANT TO SEE IN THE NEXT SSB

Wario is a classic character. He should at least be in the next SSB. Just as long as he isn't a clone. :p

Waluigi... I hate Waluigi with a passion, but it would still be nice to see him in the next SSB.

Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander (Seperate, not the same) would be nice to see in the next SSB. It would allow players to play as that one Poke'mon they chose at the beginning of the GB Poke'mon games. Since they are from the poke'mon games, they can use attacks from the poke'mon games.

Ralph would be a great addition. Ralph is from the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, and he was a friend of Nayru. True, he was a brat, but he was cool. He uses a sword as his main weapon, and perhaps he could use some items that only appeared in Oracle of Ages.

Veran, the villain of Oracle of Ages would also be a nice addition. She is of course able to use magic. Dark Magic to be precise. Can do quite a bit with Magic, don'tcha think? :mog:

Vaati NEEDS to be in the next SSB. He is the wind mage, so he could use some attacks that manipulate the wind. Perhaps his Tap Up + A move could make a little tornado start above his head. He could also have a smash attack that blows the enemy away, and their distance, like regular smash attacks, would depend on how much damage was inflicted on them in the past. His grab attack would be pretty simple. Vaati would hold on to them, and he would instead of doing what the other characters do, (Kick, punch, etc.) he would carry things with the wind and hit whoever he is holding with them. Then to throw them, he let's go and commands the wind to blow them away. His B attack could be an attack similar to Mew-Two's, but instead, the full charged blast would turn the enemy to stone for a moment. Only a moment though, so that it would be valuable, but not a cheap tactic.

Agahnim should have been in SSBM. Why didn't they include him, anyway?

King Dedede from the kirby series would be a nice appearance, especially considering Kirby is the only guy from the kirby series that has ever appeared in an SSB game. King dedede uses his hammer as his main weapon, but he can also eat the enemy. He doesn't learn the enemies attacks, however. He just chews them. This chewing attack could be his grab move, and he could have a variety of hammer attacks.

Darunia would be nice to see. But he knows naught of blood relatives. His B-Attack could be the "Spike-Ball" which we saw in Majora's Mask, and he could use a variety of punches for his other moves.

Well, my mind can't think of anything else. :mog:

Rase
01-15-2006, 02:41 AM
I'm all for Wario and Waluigi, given they're unique, and Geno could easily work in SSB. Aside from that, I wouldn't mind Agahnim, King Dedede, Captain Olimar, Birdo, and a variety of others. I'd like to see around 50 characters (without clones). That'd just make my day. :)

Lionx
01-15-2006, 04:31 AM
So that hopefully Marth, Shiek, and Fox arent top tier whores and that Peach and Jigglypuff arent broken anymore(in terms of being a powerhouse that they are already). Also arcade fooz, more competition.

Nintendo vs Marvel O_o;;;...dun dun dun..

Markus. D
01-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Seviper, Zangoose - Pokemon.

Katia - Lost Kingdoms 1and2.

?????
01-15-2006, 08:32 AM
I could type a dissertation on this. Seeing as I don't have anything better to do, I think I will. Buckle in.

First of all, I agree about eliminating the clones. There are more than enough incarnations of Link, F-Zero racers, and what have you to facilitate a distinctive move set for everyone. A few examples follow.

Ganondorf Dragmire, the King of Evil

Don't get me wrong, I love Captain Falcon; I'm a huge F-Zero fan. But Ganondorf is far too badass of a character and has too large of a mythology backing him to just be a Falcon clone. He's the first memorable true villain in the history of video gaming (as opposed to comedic villains like Bowser) and still one of the best. As such, he deserves his own damn move list, and there's plenty of stuff to go around with that. He's proficient with several different types of weapons, including two-handed swords, sais, and polearms, in addition to his magic, though in his human form a large two-handed sword would be best, specifically, his unnamed and exceedingly 1337 zweihander from the Spaceworld 2000 video that was present in his victory pose in SSBM. That thing was seriously the size of a Buster Sword, and since Ganondorf's as big as a damn warehouse, it doesn't require any special circumstances to allow him to use it. For his magic, if you'll recall Mortal Kombat II, Shang Tsung possessed a ranged attack named Flaming Skulls; I'm not big on the series in general, but I do remember that. As it happens, Zelda's Fire Bubble enemies are just that; flaming skulls that attack Link. Ganondorf could easily conjure those and send them flying, much like Mario's fireballs. He also demonstrates a very powerful earthquake attack achieved by hovering and them slamming into the ground, and shoots lighting at his foes, either in a concentrated blast or in a powerful multi-attack. Quite simply, there are too many moves not to use.

Link's Incarnations

There have been multiple Links throughout Hyrule's history, each featuring different weapons and techniques. Some of them have even been present in the same era, but simply put, there are enough sufficiently unique forms of Hyrule's hero to last from now until Doomsday. The Ocarina of Time incarnation is of course a mainstay, and is going to be in SSB Revolution regardless of what anyone thinks; I think he should get the sword beam attack this time, since he got jipped out of that in OoT (other than the lack of the main Zelda theme, that's probably my only gripe with the game). However, the four alternate mask forms in Majora's Mask are quite easily viable player characters. The unnamed Deku Scrub is an extremely light and nimble character with a capacity for hovering in the air as well as stunning his enemies; the Goron war hero Darmani's powerful attacks are sufficient to smash through rocks; the Zora guitarist Mikau has martial arts, razor fins, and Zora magic to see him through. There's also the fearsome Oni Link; the origins of the Fierce Deity's Mask are currently unknown, but he's got that kind of Mandalorian aura of awesomeness/mystery about him. He'd easily be a fan favorite. There's also the unnamed wolf that Link turns into in Twilight Princess; with Midna's help, he could accomplish quite a lot. Zelda/Sheik will probably make a reappearance.

Vaati, the Wind Mage

Though not quite on the same notoriety level as Ganon, Vaati, the apparently pedophiliac villain from the Four Swords Zelda games (in canon chronological order, The Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures, and Four Swords), is a fearsome fighter in his own right. Someone ought to give him a few wind-oriented moves and stick him in the ring.

The F-Zero Grand Prix

Captain Falcon isn't the only F-Zero racer with a knack for getting in trouble; many other racers have the makings of great warriors in them. It's notable that James McCloud, in his younger days, was a racer in the Grand Prix; though he had a human face in the game, it was clearly meant to be a reference to the martyred father of Fox McCloud, the leader of the Star Fox team and a perennial SSB combatant. There are easily several other characters capable of assuming the roles of fighters; the notorious death-soldier Pico, whatever that huge lizard thing is, and especially Deathborn would all make awesome combatants. I'd also like to see the classic katana-wielding Samurai Goroh; no one else in Nintendo games packs a katana. There's also StarTropics' Zoda; Zoda was a selectable racer in F-Zero GX for the GameCube. If you haven't played that, YOU FAIL. If you've played it and you fail at the game itself, NO ONE IS GOING TO BLAME YOU. That is THE HARDEST RACING GAME EVER, BAR NONE.

The Universe at Large

It's notable that the government in Metroid, the Galactic Federation, is the same as the galactic government referenced in F-Zero. The F-Zero units' G-diffuser technology is also incorporated into the combat and propulsion systems of the (highly unlikely albeit masterfully engineered) Arwing aerospace superiority fighter; there are a number of connections between the storylines of different game series. Samus is of course going to be present in SSBR, though there's no reason why she can't have multiple forms just as Link does, and I'm not referring to Samus clones; Dark Samus is an excellent fighter, and so is Samus' Phazon Suit incarnation. In fact, there's a spare button in the SSBM control scheme; in order to incorporate multiple forms of different characters, it could function as a "style switch" button not unlike the past two Mortal Kombat games. Samus can also acquit herself admirably without her suit, packing a blaster and martial arts. Fox is also going to be present, though it's worth noting that in Star Fox Adventures, General Pepper didn't allow him to bring his blaster to the planet because he thought the nature of the Sauria mission was diplomatic. Admittedly, that's something of a cop-out, but the game was good enough that it can slide. Fox proves himself to be an adept melee fighter with a staff; incorporating this as a possible fighting style would present a character almost completely different from Fox's mainstay form. Finally, Meta-Knight from Kirby has a damned 1337 sword and cape that could easily be put to good use in a fighting role.

Acid Trip

Face it, that's what Mario is. And we love it every single step of the way, even as we know that Mr. Potatamoto likes our money. Wario and Waluigi are probably going to be in SSBR, and Super Mario RPG has a big enough fanbase to justify the inclusion of Geno and Mallow. SMRPG isn't exactly Final Fantasy VII in terms of its depth, but how many other RPGs do you know where you can cause a holocaust with a pan?

...well, OK, there's Chrono Cross, but all the good characters used conventional weapons. Nobody ever used the stupid ones, anyway.

Peach is probably going to be back, and Mario and Luigi are obviously going to be there. Tough Italian-American bastards, those guys. Maybe they could have alternate forms depicting their primary GameCube incarnations, Sunshine Mario and Vacuum Luigi, with altered movesets to match their powers.

Potpourri for 200

Now we come to everything else, the leftovers, the outcasts, everything that isn't a mainline character that deserves a spot in SSBR. Dude, if friggin' Mr. Game and Watch got in, anyone can.

First off, we come to Fire Emblem. As you know, Fire Emblem was a Japan-only game (short for "Legend of the Fire Emblem") that managed to sneak in Marth and Roy, two of its most popular characters, for the release of SSBM. Several Fire Emblem games have since been ported to America, and have been well-received. Marth and Roy need to stay, but I don't know enough about the Fire Emblem mythology to proclaim an alternate moveset for either.

Next is a revisiting of Zelda. As huge as its mythology has gotten, there are a number of minor characters that get overlooked. I suggested being able to play as Darmani earlier, but when you get down to it, I'd rather be Darunia. Rauru is just creepy, and all the other sages are hormonal chicks who are hot for Link, and not only that, he's still got Malon to deal with beyond that. Darunia's the only one that'll give him any respite; not only that, other than the Deku Tree, he's like a second father to Link. He's deeply loyal, incredibly courageous, and possessed of a righteous heart. I pity the fool who tries to pull some jackassery when he's around; Darunia is gonna LAY DOWN THA LAW, fools! He's the kind of guy you'd want to get wasted with, and other than Link himself, there's no one you'd rather have on your side in a fight, at least as far as Nintendo characters are concerned.

Also, I'm not sure how many of you remember the A Link to the Past serial that was printed in Nintendo Power way back when, but that stuff was CLASSIC. I deeply regret not buying the compilation when I had the chance. DEEPLY. But anyway, in that incarnation of ALttP's story, there was a heroic, anthropomorphic denizen of the Dark World known as Roam. Taking the form of a humanoid eagle, he was a total badass. There's also a character in an extra chapter of the Majora's Mask manga named Raven, who's related to the history of the evil mask itself; he's a rogue warrior like Link who packs a huge sword. Impa also packs quite a punch in Ocarina of Time's manga; she trains Link to "master the Master Sword." It's revealed in the manga that the sword's actual destructive power increases commensurately with the skill of its user; this explains why the Biggoron's Sword and the Master Sword do the same amount of damage to Ganon's final form in the end of Ocarina of Time, whereas in the rest of the game the Biggoron's Sword does twice the pain at the cost of using a shield.

Finally, we get the opportunity to branch outside of strictly Nintendo stuff. Of course, probably none of these will be in the game; this is more or less my personal "what if" list. I'd rather like it if Eternal Darkness' Pious Augustus was a playable fighter in SSBR; he's much more feasible than most of my other choices given that ED's a GameCube exclusive. In truth, despite the much darker (pardon the pun) tone of ED, he's not really any worse in his intentions than Ganondorf. Both basically want to commit genocide, and brutally murder anyone or anything that gets in their way. Plus, he's got some sweet moves, and the way he taunts the characters of Eternal Darkness would carry over perfectly to a tournament environment. That and I'd piss myself laughing if he got beaten up by Pikachu. Next come Mega Man X and Zero, which are more or less unworkable, though the results would be entertaining. Both characters, as well as the Mega Man series itself, got their start with Nintendo. But despite their partnership, their styles of play are completely different, as anyone who's played the X games knows. Zero's main offense comes courtesy of his Z-saber, and Mega Man X pulverizes foes with his X-Buster, a vastly upgraded and more powerful Mega Buster. Both have the Acceleration System that lets them dash; this could be converted into a dash'n'slash attack or a ramming maneuver against enemies, which would easily double as a recovery move. Zero has a number of powerful sword techs and a stun-oriented Buster shot, and X can copy enemy powers -- and unlike his predecessor, he can charge them up. He'd be a hell of a lot more useful than Kirby, considering his X-Buster (there'd be separate keys for the regular X-Buster and the powerup move). The sturdy metallic structure of the fathers of the Reploid race would make it extremely difficult to knock them off the stage, but also difficult for them to recover when they finally are. It's worth noting that Mega Man and Rush were two of the characters present on the classic (and incredibly corny) children's cartoon show Captain N and the Video Game Masters. Dudes, that show was the S**T! Speaking of Captain N, why not have Simon Belmont, the original vampire hunter of the game world, as a playable character? That alone might give reason to shoehorn Mega Man in. And might I add: KID ICARUS DAMMIT. Hell, we could make Captain N himself a playable character. Unlikely, yes. Freakin' sweet? Also yes.

Many have wanted Sonic to be playable, even before EGM's April Fools stunt with Sonic in SSBM, and considering that Nintendo and Sega have an amicable relationship, it might even be workable. Sonic's sheer blinding speed would allow the player to evade almost any attack, but he'd be rather difficult to control. He has several dash attacks and the Homing Attack that serve as offense, and Chaos Control to teleport out of emergency situations. Knuckles, Tails, and several other characters could easily serve as companions for Sonic.

That about does it for characters and moves, but there's some other stuff.

Gameplay

First, GET RID OF ALL THE DAMN CLONES. You'd expect Luigi to have similar moves to Mario (hence the Mario BROTHERS) but other than that, it doesn't fly. Fox, Pikachu, and Mario shouldn't have clones, because they don't have enough of an arsenal to warrant it, unless you want to start putting in multiple forms of Mario. Also, Pokemon suck, and no one likes them. So burn.

Next, we need even more stages. My God, there are so many locales and styles of play to be exploited I couldn't list them all if I tried. So start exploiting. The porn industry pays good money for that kind of thing.

Ultima Shadow
01-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Screw Paper Mario.

GENO AND MALLOW OR BUST.Ever since I for the first time even thought about SSB.Revolution, I've prayed that Geno will be in it. Having Geno and Mallow in the game would be GREAT!!! :cool:

All the dual characters in the previous game were a pain. I don't care what characters are introduced in SSBR, as long as they have unique movesets.Hey, why does everyone hate the clones so much? Personally, I think it's pretty cool to have a few charcters with similar moves, but who still works completely different. Because really... even though Ganon's and C.Falcon's moves may "work" the same way (except Ganon's Fair and the knee + Ganon's explosion kick and C.Falcon's uptilt) the difference in speed and power is just too big to make them possible to play the same way. And that's the cool thing, that there's 2 characters with similar moves, yet you'll have to play them completely different. Oh, well... that's only my opinion though. I do agree that clones like Mario and Dr.Mario are pretty pointless... but there's nothing wrong with C.Falcon + Ganon and Fox + Falco, since they work too differently to be played the same way.

Oh well... here's the characters that I would like to see in the next Smash:

1) Geno (YES, PLEASE!!!)
2) Mallow (Screw you, Kirby and Jiggly! This is a COOL puffball!)
3) K.Rool (hey, he's by far one of the greatest villains ever!)
4) Saturos (Yay for Golden Sun characters!)
5) Mendardi (same as above... and no, she does not need to be a Saturos-clone)
6) Crunsha (You know... those big, muscular kremlings from DK. I don't know why, but I've always loved them.)

Jebus
01-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Pfft.

Ness ftw.

crashNUMBERS
01-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Damn!! I thought you meant a new platformer mario game...

Cz
01-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey, why does everyone hate the clones so much? Personally, I think it's pretty cool to have a few charcters with similar moves, but who still works completely different. Because really... even though Ganon's and C.Falcon's moves may "work" the same way (except Ganon's Fair and the knee + Ganon's explosion kick and C.Falcon's uptilt) the difference in speed and power is just too big to make them possible to play the same way. And that's the cool thing, that there's 2 characters with similar moves, yet you'll have to play them completely different. Oh, well... that's only my opinion though. I do agree that clones like Mario and Dr.Mario are pretty pointless... but there's nothing wrong with C.Falcon + Ganon and Fox + Falco, since they work too differently to be played the same way.Hey, I don't mind the clones as much as most, and some of my strongest characters are those with duplicate movesets, but given the choice between twenty movesets and twenty-five, the latter would offer me more longevity, not to mention more variety. A slower, more powerful Captain Falcon is all well and good, but surely a character as important as Ganondorf is deserving of some characteristic attacks? And after all the work that went into beating the 100-Man Melee for the first time (after refusing to resort to the cheap DK method, at that) it was more than a little disappointing to be rewarded with a less useful version of Fox, however cool he might have looked.

However...

1) Geno (YES, PLEASE!!!)
2) Mallow (Screw you, Kirby and Jiggly! This is a COOL puffball!)
3) K.Rool (hey, he's by far one of the greatest villains ever!)
4) Saturos (Yay for Golden Sun characters!)
5) Mendardi (same as above... and no, she does not need to be a Saturos-clone)
6) Crunsha (You know... those big, muscular kremlings from DK. I don't know why, but I've always loved them.)...this is an awesome list. :D

Giga Guess
01-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Screw Paper Mario.

GENO AND MALLOW OR BUST.

Amen!

Daruni, Ruto, Impa, Nabooru, and Saria? Medli and Makar too.

Fire_Emblem776
01-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Charachters from ff 1-6 dont count do they?

Lindy
01-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Amen!

Daruni, Ruto, Impa, Nabooru, and Saria? Medli and Makar too.
That stupid little tree Makar can burn for all I care.

Ultima Shadow
01-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Hey, I don't mind the clones as much as most, and some of my strongest characters are those with duplicate movesets, but given the choice between twenty movesets and twenty-five, the latter would offer me more longevity, not to mention more variety. A slower, more powerful Captain Falcon is all well and good, but surely a character as important as Ganondorf is deserving of some characteristic attacks? And after all the work that went into beating the 100-Man Melee for the first time (after refusing to resort to the cheap DK method, at that) it was more than a little disappointing to be rewarded with a less useful version of Fox, however cool he might have looked.Ah, okay. Well, I understand what you mean. :greenie:

Also, Falco is, while not as good as Fox, still one of the best characters in the game. :p

Also... this may not be true, but I've heared rumors that Nintendo let their fans choose which characters that should be added to SSBR.

NeoCracker
01-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Punchinello of Mario RPG, because why not?
MAllow all the way, and who can forget Link to the Pasts wierd mage guy, Arghelm or something.

Giga Guess
01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Aghanimh....hrmmmmmm

(I think that's how it's spelled. I'm unsure of both of the h's)

Ultima Shadow
01-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Punchinello of Mario RPG, because why not?
MAllow all the way, and who can forget Link to the Pasts weird mage guy, Arghelm or something.Why Punchinello when you can have Bowyer, The Axem Rangers and Yaridovich instead? :greenie:

Aghanimh....hrmmmmmm

(I think that's how it's spelled. I'm unsure of both of the h's)I THINK the last "h" should be removed. I'm pretty sure (not 100%) it was "Aghanim".

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Agahnim. A.k.a. Phantom Ganon.

Erdrick Holmes
01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Kishi, confirm something for me. I heard rumours about SSBR having characters from Sega as either unlockable or downloadable. Is this true?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Nothing has been announced about SSBR except the fact that they're making it.

Ultima Shadow
01-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Nothing has been announced about SSBR except the fact that they're making it.And the fact that you'll be able to play it online. :greenie: