PDA

View Full Version : ruby weapon...

EL337
01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
i used the trick to make him not use that sand attack but around 5 minutes into the battle he used it on me!!! i thought he couldn't do it during the battles.... help:cry:

raskerino
01-14-2006, 11:29 PM
I thought the trick to make him not use quicksand was to bring one character into the battle and leave only one alive throughout the fight.

Edit: If you have more than one in the fight it'll be able to use it again.

Neco Arc
01-15-2006, 02:18 AM
i recommend not attacking the tentacles...

Evil Dr. Giggles
01-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Kill 2 members before battle. that way it'll stick its claws in the ground and not use the sand attack. then raise your members. don't attack it with Knights of the Round though, or it'll counter with Ultima. also, like raskerino said, it'll use sand attack later if you have both characters alive

chronic_Maniac
01-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Claws in the ground = revive party
Claws not in ground = everyone ko'ed but one!!
That will help avoid his quicksand attack.

Put on KOTR linked with hp absorb.
Have hades, mime and a w-summon on and put any extra materia you want on also. Start the battle with 2 mates ko'ed. Then wait til he puts his claws in the ground. You can now revive your party if you want but your gonna have to risk losing one or two if he takes his claws up. Cast hades KOTR by using that w-summon, then mime. Good Luck!!!

Desert Wolf
01-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I posted this a while ago. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77003)
Hope it helps.

yuno
01-21-2006, 03:57 PM
ruby is much easier than everyone thinks.i do not know why no one here know about this,but use dazers (item) on it and it will stop.

at the beginning of the battle,kill two people in your party.when ruby digs its hands into the ground,use phoenix/life/phoenix down/whatever you want.

then use dazers on it immediately.when the stop status wears out,use another one.attack when it is stopped.use cure/heal/remedy/whatever recovery you want when necessary.

try it.ruby=pawned really really REALLY badly.

btw,dazers can be obtained from one of the enemies in city of the ancients,i just forgot which.

i mean you really have to try it.