PDA

View Full Version : FF7, greatest game or not?

Hardcore Samurai
01-15-2006, 02:46 AM
I loved FF7's story line, but FF9 has great gameplay, and FF10 has great graphics and a great soundtrack. I can't tell what's the best FF game.:choc:

raskerino
01-15-2006, 02:56 AM
Does there have to be one? They all have there plusses and they all have some weaknesses comparatively. I do have a clear line of favorites (starting with FFVIII) but you don't have to have such an order. As I consider all FFs to have pretty similar gameplay what's important to me is the story the game tells, the characters and the feel of the game. So based on those principles your favorite would be FFVII. But what's important is they're all wonderful games you can enjoy.

Hardcore Samurai
01-15-2006, 03:03 AM
That's true, but FF10 has the best story telling (Not story line, story telling is the way they tell the story), the voice acting, the good sound track, and the good characters really emerse you in the FF10 world!!!!!!!!!:choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc:

dragoonknight_kain
01-15-2006, 03:41 AM
I've played from IV to IX, and I agree wiht raskerino when he says what's important is the story. So I guess IV and VI have the best stories, and I prefer the chars from VI and VIII. FFVII is the third or fourth on my list, mainly because I didn't like the ending and Vincent and Yuffie (my favorites chars) aren't important to the story.

?????
01-15-2006, 03:53 AM
I'd say X probably edges out VII in terms of the way the story is told; this may or may not be due to technological advances on the PS2. VII's story is quite easily the most complex and engaging of any Final Fantasy game.

Neco Arc
01-15-2006, 05:32 AM
No. Its fun but its not the best game.

SilverWolf14
01-15-2006, 05:33 AM
ff 7 is the best hands down. good game play. good controls. great music. Red XIII. :) :p :D yes ff7 is the shiniest one of them all.

Sephitachi7
01-15-2006, 08:11 AM
The best... yes, it is.

Christmas
01-15-2006, 09:35 AM
I can't tell what's the best FF game.:choc:

Play more FF games and time will tell.

chronic_Maniac
01-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Name another FF that has had more requests and reviews. Not to mention its known to every person that wants to know about FF. If there was a day every person that was a fan of FF gathered in one group. It would take the strength of every person who likes other FF's to say FF7 is not the best, but FF7 fans could still hold there own on the statistics.

Setzer Gabianni
01-15-2006, 09:46 AM
There is no best game.

We all have our favourites, but they are not concrete facts, the truth.

chronic_Maniac
01-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I agree not a fact the truth

Noj_R
01-15-2006, 09:52 AM
There is no best game.

We all have our favourites, but they are not concrete facts, the truth.

Your wrong. Final Fantasy 8 is the best! :p

daniel kid
01-15-2006, 10:24 AM
this is a hard decision to make but

i would normally for for 10 straight off ,but on a more harder think i realise that 8 has an amazing story line and graphics (for 99)
but then i think 9 because this game is SO DAMNED GOOD.

but no the best is X-2
^^^^^

ONLY KIDDING ITS 10 REALLY!!!!!!>.<

Setzer Gabianni
01-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Your wrong. Final Fantasy 8 is the best! :p

Pfft. We need to take this to PM. >.o

Dreddz
01-15-2006, 11:19 AM
FFVII is the greatest FF and the greatest Game ever.
I'd like to say Im stating that as fact not opinion.

Brian The Pink Shark
01-15-2006, 11:29 AM
FF7 is my favorite game of all time, although everyone is entitled to their own oppion and i do realise there are a lot of people who find the others better :choc:

-MaGuS-
01-15-2006, 11:43 AM
FFVII is simply the best

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-15-2006, 12:44 PM
i wqould say that ff7 is either first or second bested or closely followed by ff10. then ff8 then ff9 (not inc. 1-6)

Slade
01-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Its a good game but in order of favorites VII is 6th on my list: VIII,IX,V,VI,X,VII,IV,X-2.

raskerino
01-16-2006, 03:56 AM
Back to the "Hardcore Samurai," it sounds like you really like FFX, so maybe that would be your favorite. I think how the story's told is a huge part of a story, the timing of when it comes determines how you feel about the various moments.

What I value most though (not really but it sounds better to say something decisive and committing) is character I can connect to, and look at the ways they think and interact with the world around them. The ways they interact with a story can make something I might not care for something I love. I love seeing thoughts different from my own but with a thought process I think I understand. I love watching this relate to others who again make sense in their way with their own understanding of the world. I love FFVIII, it's my favorite game because (well again not solely because or anything but this may be the biggest reason) Squall does this for me. Various moments, mostly how he responds to various characters stick out for me, one rarely if ever used example is his response to FH. They want peace, no fighting no violence, something I relate to as I'm highly opposed to violence (though most people misconstrue my meaning when I say that) and Squall's response fit so well to how I think. It's not a big thing, just a little touch that adds so much to the characters of FFVIII in my eyes. I didn't mean to write this much (especially about FFVIII in the FFVII forum) but that's what makes it best for me.

FFVII contains a storyline that I think works wonderfully, characters I enjoy and the ever fun materia system. It's got many great moments and wonderful cities, in their social structure as well as feel. It could easily be the greatest game imo, but it doesn't have what VIII does.

FFX also has it wonderful parts. The story is told well, the linearity works as does the battle system. The graphics are lovely with a very different feel than other FFs. It's a great game too.

FFIX could also be my favorite, more light hearted with fun cartoonish graphics, but also magnificent cut scenes. It's great antagonist, story and feel make it a possible favorite as well.

I think the most important part though is enjoying them, though if you like to place them in order (as I do) that's great too.

Looking over what I wrote I kind of sound like a fanboy... But games are meant to (make money, but ignoring that for the moment) be fun, and these games succeed wonderfully.

Oh, and to give a list:

1. FFVIII (I kind of made that obvious)
2. FFVII
3. FFX
4. FFIX
5. FFT (Didn't talk about this but it's an excellent game too)
6. FFX-2 (I like this game, it's fun to bash, but it's also fun)
7. FFI (It was fine)

I'd like to get around to completing other FFs sometime. FFIV seems really strong, (meaning would come right after X-2 but before a lot on non-FF games), FFVI would probably be next, then FFV, and FFII would probably come after FFI.

crashNUMBERS
01-16-2006, 04:51 AM
I don't care if you say FFVII is the best game but if you only played 2 FF games and say that then you're a fan boy who has nothing else better to do but to make a post about "THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD!". I mean, play 8 FF games from the original series then get back to me. If you feel it's still "THE BEST GAME EVER!" then no sweat. You're opinion. Just don't go ahead of yourself thinking about the greatest when you haven't had much experience with others...

fluer
01-16-2006, 03:07 PM
The first FF i played was FF6 but FF7 is the best hands down, ive played n completed them all but ff7 just takes the cake. 6 and 10 come in 2nd n 3rd.... I'm no fanboy its just the simple truth...

Ps Kurt Cobain sucks willey in hell

crashNUMBERS
01-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Ps Kurt Cobain sucks willey in hell
Yeah....Whatever fanboy.

j/k. Like I said, atleast you played the others to say that.

Fatal Impurity
01-16-2006, 04:23 PM
hey kurt cobain might of not of been for everybody (especially not me) but no need to disrepect the memory of a dead guy! its just plain twatty!

Red Squall
01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
7 had a really good storyline but the way the story is told has been improved as the games gone on, and also the graphics.

My theory is the 1st FF you play tends to be your faviorite because it is what captured you into the FF series. This is why many tend to think 7 is the best because it is the 1st 1 they played.

i know in my case this is true, 8 was the 1st i played and it has since been my faviorite, probley because its what 1st captured me.

but maybe i'm wrong

a nirvana fan
01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
I personally think it's the best game I've EVER played on, seriously it is, the only downside is the graphics, but for the time there OK, and the backgrounds are pretty amazing and EVERYTHING about it is excellent. 15/10

kikimm
01-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't care if you say FFVII is the best game but if you only played 2 FF games and say that then you're a fan boy who has nothing else better to do but to make a post about "THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD!". I mean, play 8 FF games from the original series then get back to me. If you feel it's still "THE BEST GAME EVER!" then no sweat. You're opinion. Just don't go ahead of yourself thinking about the greatest when you haven't had much experience with others...

So what if he's only played 2 Final Fantasy games? It can still be the greatest, in his opinion.

Also, keep this on topic you guys. If you want to talk about Kurt Cobain, make a thread in the Lounge! :D

But yeah, I think FFVIII is the best one. It was the first one I played, and I'm still not sure if that had anything to do with it. It has the best ending, I think, in the entire series (although X does give it a run for it's money), which is something that's important to me. And the story and characters and music and gameplay and everything else is magnificent!

So far I've enjoyed all the other ones I've played too, though some considerably more than others.

Rengori
01-16-2006, 11:05 PM
I loved FF7's story line, but FF9 has great gameplay, and FF10 has great graphics and a great soundtrack. I can't tell what's the best FF game.:choc:
Judging from this statement, you only care that X has good graphics and music. Forget gameplay and story! Just kidding, I'm sure that your just saying the graphics and music gave you a better feeling for the game.

FFIV and VI are better than VII. They both had very good storylines and plot twists, not to mention the music was wonderful, and both of them had characters that were very compelling. FFIX is ranked just a tiny bit after VII.

EDIT:
My theory is the 1st FF you play tends to be your faviorite because it is what captured you into the FF series. This is why many tend to think 7 is the best because it is the 1st 1 they played.
That's bull, FFVII, VIII, and X were the first three FF's I played and VII is the only one that was very good. The point is it's a good game. I didn't even start IV until after I beat VII. And now that I think about it, same goes for VI.

crashNUMBERS
01-16-2006, 11:42 PM
So what if he's only played 2 Final Fantasy games? It can still be the greatest, in his opinion.

Yes, so true but it'll be dumb and staereotypical. We need more people who are different in this world...

Ansem/Sephy
01-16-2006, 11:58 PM
. . . ok . . . lets clarify somethin: X or X-2 is not the best game in the series!! They r by far the WORST! X had an ok story and a good ending . . . but X-2 ruined that . . . whoever said great voice-overs . . . have u even played the game??!!! the voice acting sucked . . . Auron or Lulu were was the only one with decent vocals . . .

Anyway . . . VII, IMO, is the best for these reasons:

a GREAT musical score . . .

a deep and complex storyline

the most developed character personas ive ever seen to date . . .

Sephiroth

a cool battle system (linked deeply with all FF i know [i liked Limits:D ])

and environments that took my breath away . . .

u really cant argue with that . . .^ lol these are commons grounds for anyone even familiar to the series . . .

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
I have played FFs VII, VIII, IX, X, and X-2. There are aspects I like about each of them.

FFVII had an amazing storyline, true, but I like Xs storyline the best. X also has the spheregrid, and I love the spheregrid. In my oppinion, it is superior to leveling. FFVII does have some great points though. FFVII has the most shocking storyline of them all, and as far as I know is the only ine to kill off a main character that the player gets to have in the party. FFIX had great music, I love Mellodies of Life to this day, and it is a close second to a thousand words. FFVIII had a touching storyline, good for those who enjoy the romantic type games, which I found suited me just fine. It also had the biggest cast of chars to choose frim, I think. I would have to check that, though. X-2...It had a few weaknesses sure, but it was fun. Now, a great FF with sucky graphics was Final Fantasy Tactics. I still play FFT just to screw around. It is a really fun FF with a plot full of twists.

Overall, I think I like FFX slightly more than FFVII.

crashNUMBERS
01-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Ok then, jimmy (Ansem (Random name, forget that I said is)). I want you to give me a short review on why you think this. Gimme your opinions on these five factors with a score out of 10. Graphics, Gameplay, Audio (Sound), Value, & Fun. Each factor having an explanation of atleast 5 sentences. That's not that hard. I just want to see why you think so. Not that I hate your opinion. It's my way of listening to people's explanations and reasons...

Rase
01-17-2006, 12:12 AM
In my opinion, FFVII is not the greatest. It was a good game, don't get me wrong. I liked it, had fun, and still think it's a good one to run through from time to time (if I hadn't lost my PC CD). However, for me, I've always liked FFIV. I have no doubt that the fact it's the first I played makes me biased towards it, but even with that taken into account, I still find it to be at the top of my list. I just enjoy the characters, storyline, musical score, etc. especially now that I have it on GBA.

Nick Schovitz
01-17-2006, 12:17 AM
No i didn't like FFVII it reminded me of an Anime program, in my opinion FFVIII is the best if not that then FFIX. But some people go with the original which I haven't played.

DJZen
01-17-2006, 12:21 AM
FFII FTW

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Explaim why I like FFX better? Sure. I can do that.

With Graphics, I woulf give FFVII a 4 and a half. Let's face it, the inn game graphics were below average. CG graphics were good, probably worthy of a 6. But then, graphics aren't everything. I would give FFXs in game graphics a 7. Above average, but not the best. I had problems with the hair, myself. And though there were facial expressions, they were sort of...forced almost, kind of blocky. FFVII gets a 4 and 1/2 because the chars looked like squares put together to make a figure. The bacground wasn't the most graphic either. As I saids, the CG scenes were great, paticularly the Aeris Death Scene, but they could have been better.

Gameplay in FFX would get a 7. i've seen better, and much, much worse. With FFX the controlls were great, you pretty much forgot it was in your hand. There were some camera issues in some places, but for the most part, gameplay worked well. I ran into no bugs or anything to distract from gameplay, and was not hampered by misspellings. FFVII would get slightly lower, a 6 and 1/2. I give it lower marks, because the gameplay was good, but misspellings distracted me from the gameplay at times.

Sound...I would give FFVII a sound rating of 6. I give it only slightly above average, because the sounds became redundant after awhile. Now, I did like some music, Aeris' theme, the Turks music, and Sephies theme. But, the sound just wasn't all that great overall, some music was quite annoying. For the most part, one could pop in a CD of music while playing, and not miss much. FFX would get an 8. It had great music, though it also became redundant. However, it had much better sound than FFVII in my oppinion. The sounds it did have were just more pleasing than those in FFVII. I'm sure even the most hardcore FFVII fan could agree with that.

I don't know what you mean with Value...But fun factor, FFX actually has a slight edge here. Fun Factor for VII gets an 8. I loved playing FFVII, though I don't play much anymore. Gold Saucer was amazing, especially Chocobo Racing. The storyline kept one on their heels too, an excellent game certainly. FFX gets a slight lead, I would give it an 8 and 1/2. One reason is Blitzball. I love blitzball, it keeps me comming back. The spheregrid is superior to the materia system, and adds to the fun factor. FFX has very well developed characters, and definatly a unique storyline.

And there is my reasoning. Long, I know, but there is alot to say about both. FFX is my favorite game, with FFVII comming in at a very close second. :)

crashNUMBERS
01-17-2006, 12:42 AM
Thanks and all but I was talking to Ansem if you read my post...

raskerino
01-17-2006, 12:54 AM
I disagree those categories. They discuss graphics but not story, you could count that as value- but it really doesn't make sense to evaluate an rpg with such a system. I however do agree with you that Ansem/Sephy's reasons are pretty crummy, especially calling those statements undeniable.

XxSephirothxX
01-17-2006, 12:55 AM
No, it's not the greatest, but it's fun.

crashNUMBERS
01-17-2006, 01:36 AM
I disagree those categories. .
I'm treating it like a normal game. Not every game has a story..

Ansem/Sephy
01-17-2006, 02:58 AM
I want you to give me a short review on why you think this. Gimme your opinions on these five factors with a score out of 10. Graphics, Gameplay, Audio (Sound), Value, & Fun.

An essay?? no prob . . .

Graphics--8 . . . FFVII had some of the best graphics on the PS . . . In fact, some of the scenes I thought were comparative to some modern games. The CGI cut-scenes were almost KH reg LV which, I believe, is pretty good . . . And the biggest reason I give it this rating is the environment which is, quite frankly, astounding . . . The compexity of the landscape compared to the simplicity of each character is quite amazing and gives a unique feel to it all . . .

Gameplay--9 . . . Well . . . honestly, there is little to no difference in the gameplay and controls than other FF's . . . But, I personally, prefer the timer to the turn-based fighting system. I think it is more fair than FFX's system . . . Not to mention, I find Limit Breaks quite enjoyable, and they probably inspired the Overdrive system as well. I'm sorry if I've less to say on this, considering all FF games have a single basis for their controls . . .

Audio--10 . . . The musical score in this game is one of the series' best! I think the only game that has better compositions is, perhaps, VI . . . Nobuo Uematsu blew us away with songs like One-Winged Angel and truly put his heart and soul into this track . . . This game, being made for the PS, had limited capabilities, and surpassed all expectation when it came to musical score. The music captured fear, power, love and humour in a flawless way, never before seen.

Please explain "value" . . .

Fun--10 . . . To expain this, we must closely examine all other catagories to see what we can make of this-- the story is unique and humourous and complex-- full of plot twists and suspense. This is a major contributer to the overall enjoyment of the player in any RPG genre. Music-- as stated before, this is an impressive catagory because this track helps us to delve into the twists and turns, the horror and suspense, the romance and joy of this story, like no other has . . . Gameplay-- the controls are still so similar to the previous games in the FF series, and with a few new takes, what's not to love? Graphics-- to continue this summary, I think the characters are wonderfully and whimsically made. But, despite this, it is the environments that truly make me consider this a strong catagory. With all this said, I hope you understand my somewhat biased views a bit better, and realise why this is one of the most fun games I've ever to play.

crashNUMBERS
01-17-2006, 03:22 AM
Very good. Value; worth of the game. Is it worth to buy it?? Will you have it for a long time to play?? Replay value...

dragoonknight_kain
01-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Why people think Sephiroth is so great? I really can't see him as such a great character. He's cool, of course, but I don't think he's that interesting. Actually, he reminds me of Fou-Lou, who, in my opinion, is a lot cooler.

asukaevaunit02
01-17-2006, 11:22 AM
i first played ff9, thats what got me into final fantasy, after that i played between ff7 4,5 and 6, they were all pretty good, recently brought ff8 about 4 monthas a goan and finished it about 2months ago (reason for poor end of yeah marks and exams :mad2: ) and i recently doewnloaded ff7.

ff7 is ok but is certanly not the best, still playing, but i have skipped foward to parts and it seems quite in depth, ( the only reason i keep playing or else i dont think id bother) the graphics a re pretty crap, the music is not bad, (but all final fantasies have high standard of music anyway) the characters, werent my favourite, i didnt like half of them, especially barret.

i havent played ffx or ffx-2 coz i dont have a ps2, i do intend to play them one day though.

in my opinion its a tie between ff9 and ff8 (cant decide which i like better) maybe i like ff8 as much as ff9 is because i brought it, where as i was given ff9
2nd is ff5: i love the job system great, playin atm
3rd: ff7 only i havnt finished ff4 and ff6 and it has slightly better graphics
4th, ff6 and ff4

my god is siad a lot of s**t

well thats definately my 50 cents worth! lol

SinSpawnAmadeus
01-17-2006, 05:31 PM
This game is pretty much forced to rely on the awesomeness of Sephiroth once you leave Midgar. It’s no were near the best, but it’s a half decent game. There was never a point when I got so bored with it I stopped playing for a while, unlike other games…

*coughXenogearscough*

Fatal Impurity
01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
ff7

graphics - 3
the ingame graphics were rubbish and block but the inbattle graphics tryed to compensate to no avail

story - 10
i believe the story in ff7 is the best ff story to date and actually increases the replay value dramatically and will make this a game worth playing years to come.

battle system - 8
ff7's battle system rocked! the materia was intuiative and customisable the limit break system was fantastic, the only let down being the fact that you couldnt attack unless you used your limit break first!

equipping system - 5
i believe the equipping system was about average. the best thing about the equipping system was the "linked slots" they made for more customisable characters (such as all+fire3 = fire3 on all enemies) but the system is let down by the lack of equipable slots (there is only three: weapon, armour, and accessory)

execution - 3
the main problem with ff7 was the terrible execution of the game....translation errors and glitchs easily slipped through and this made ff7 a much less interesting and fun game because of it...purely because of the sheer number of them

characters - 7
i believe that the characters in ff7 were nicely formed and had much depth but unfortunately some of the back storys were poorly executed (such as tseng and aeris' childhood) sometimes ending in contradictions, luckily though this was limited only to 2 or 3 characters. the rest of the characters on the otherhand had excellant and absorbing back storys which increased the emotional involvement with the player.

longevity - 9
the longevity of ff7 is unparalelled...the depth of the game and the optional bosses keep the game fresh, with there always being something the player can do...this was also greatly enhanced by the mini-games which could take almost, if not more time than the main game to complete (such as the attainment of the golden chocobo)

Ansem/Sephy
01-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Very good. Value; worth of the game. Is it worth to buy it?? Will you have it for a long time to play?? Replay value...

Dude . . . I paid $20 for KH . . . and it wasnt quite as good as VII . . . and I still feel like the price was worth it. I paid $10 for the best game I've ever played, and so, I feel as though FFVII was worth every dime and cent I paid for it. Yes I plan to keep it for years to come . . . and the replay value is decent but I saved before the best moments. Although the replay value is decent, it does have enough sidequests to occupy your time instead. Not the same, I know, but still pretty good.

Markus. D
01-17-2006, 10:25 PM
calling FFVII the best FF is a sure fire way to start a flame topic.

besides, FFVIII is better in all aspects anyway. (see what I mean?)

crashNUMBERS
01-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Dude . . . I paid $20 for KH . . . and it wasnt quite as good as VII . . . and I still feel like the price was worth it. I paid $10 for the best game I've ever played, and so, I feel as though FFVII was worth every dime and cent I paid for it. Yes I plan to keep it for years to come . . . and the replay value is decent but I saved before the best moments. Although the replay value is decent, it does have enough sidequests to occupy your time instead. Not the same, I know, but still pretty good.
Good job. You have my respects. Go on and shout out your love for FFVII! :)

raskerino
01-18-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm treating it like a normal game. Not every game has a story..

Yeah, maybe, but different games are targeted tpwards different audiences and have different appeals, that system puts everything else into the fun category instead of having it's own value system based on the different values in an rpg. I also think it should at least include an overall category, something where you can say yes this game sucked and these categories, and it sucked. Or you can say while this game doesn't fit these categories it was still the shiz. I think having some place to talk about everything you haven't mentioned would help the system while still making it fit every game (and I do think that's definitely different from the fun category).

Suikojowy
01-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Actually, he reminds me of Fou-Lou, who, in my opinion, is a lot cooler.

Agreed. Fou-Lu is awesome and makes Sephiroth look like a twat who likes to burn down backwards mountain villages and stab defenseless flower girls in the back.

There is no best FF game. Only favourites. However, please don't feel you have to say a certain game is the best (FF6/7 in particular) just because everyone else does. I know that a lot of people genuinely feel they are the "best" but i'm sure there are some people that are just going with the popular opinion. Anyway here's my personal opinion of the game

I enjoyed FF7, don't get me wrong. It's a decent game and everything but I think that it's no way the best ff let alone best game of all time. However, I find it incredibly over rated. I didn't really like any of the characters (apart from the unplayable turks) since they all seemed pretty stale most of the time.

I am aware of how brilliant the graphics were at the time so I have absolutely bo problems there. However, I don't get what's so great about the storyline. Could somebody please explain to me what makes it so "complex" and "deep"?, a lot of people seem to be claiming this so i'm thinking maybe I missed something. Maybe there's more to just trying to stop some crazed guy from destroying the earth? Perhaps Cloud "finding himself" by remembering that he stole someone's memory contributed to this? I don't know really but I wouldn't mind someone pming me about it. I didn't mind the story that much, but I didn't find it as deep and complex as people claim.

The music is brilliant but the same goes for almost all ff games

Emerald weapon
01-18-2006, 05:37 PM
An essay?? no prob . . .

Graphics--8 . . . FFVII had some of the best graphics on the PS . . . In fact, some of the scenes I thought were comparative to some modern games. The CGI cut-scenes were almost KH reg LV which, I believe, is pretty good . . . And the biggest reason I give it this rating is the environment which is, quite frankly, astounding . . . The compexity of the landscape compared to the simplicity of each character is quite amazing and gives a unique feel to it all . . .

Gameplay--9 . . . Well . . . honestly, there is little to no difference in the gameplay and controls than other FF's . . . But, I personally, prefer the timer to the turn-based fighting system. I think it is more fair than FFX's system . . . Not to mention, I find Limit Breaks quite enjoyable, and they probably inspired the Overdrive system as well. I'm sorry if I've less to say on this, considering all FF games have a single basis for their controls . . .

Audio--10 . . . The musical score in this game is one of the series' best! I think the only game that has better compositions is, perhaps, VI . . . Nobuo Uematsu blew us away with songs like One-Winged Angel and truly put his heart and soul into this track . . . This game, being made for the PS, had limited capabilities, and surpassed all expectation when it came to musical score. The music captured fear, power, love and humour in a flawless way, never before seen.

Please explain "value" . . .

Fun--10 . . . To expain this, we must closely examine all other catagories to see what we can make of this-- the story is unique and humourous and complex-- full of plot twists and suspense. This is a major contributer to the overall enjoyment of the player in any RPG genre. Music-- as stated before, this is an impressive catagory because this track helps us to delve into the twists and turns, the horror and suspense, the romance and joy of this story, like no other has . . . Gameplay-- the controls are still so similar to the previous games in the FF series, and with a few new takes, what's not to love? Graphics-- to continue this summary, I think the characters are wonderfully and whimsically made. But, despite this, it is the environments that truly make me consider this a strong catagory. With all this said, I hope you understand my somewhat biased views a bit better, and realise why this is one of the most fun games I've ever to play.
Well said man I agree in everyway and for all of u's who say''3 for graphics''you need to remeber that this game was made in the early 90's when square was harldy on its feet and technolgy wasnt that good,when it came out evry1 was like''omg......what amazing graphics!!''it was the first ff in 3D and its the the first 1 i played which got me into the series.I also thinks its the best because the story line is amazing,and you know who the ''baddie''is from an early stage of the game(FF8,FF9 took you at least disk 2 to know who the real ''baddie'' really was)and the whole gameplay is sooooo simple but effective,evry1 can do evrything there is a limit bar which you can use regualry and there is no''each charater has a diffrent specific ability.''I must say the junction system was the worst thing ever and ''trance'' was utter nonsense.The story was simple sublime and the world and charcters individual history was the ''icing on the cake.''
In my opinion heres how the newest FFs come in 1.VII 2.X 3.VIII 4.IX 5.X-2

SilverWolf14
01-25-2006, 08:39 PM
the only thing that would make it better is if they put in a game like blitzball or something:choc2: :moomba: :choc:

moogle maniac
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
quite frankly final fantasy 7 is the best final fantasy overall end of story. the only thing that annoyed me about 7 were the blocky characters. final fantasy 10 and 10-2 are the worst