PDA

View Full Version : Help with Omnislash

Ultim4
01-15-2006, 02:59 PM
hi i am playing thre FFVII for the first time, i got into the series threw X, and i came across this forum. I am playing FFVII for the first time and have reached Disc 3 (PS1 Version) and have just aquired the "Omnislash" item from the gold saucer.

I try to use the item on Cloud who currently is at level 63 and has the Ultima Weapon (when you beat weapon at Cosmo Canyon).

When i use the item he says "I dunno, but..." Is there something else i need to do or a certain point i need to get Cloud for it to work. Or is there somethingi have missed or does he have to have certain states or a certain level? I am completely stumped on this and would like some help.

Thank you in advance.

Neco Arc
01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
you probably need to get his other limits in order to be able to use the item... or it could be just glitched...

Ultim4
01-15-2006, 03:21 PM
thanks i have all but one prior limit break, thats probably it. Thanks you for your help.

raskerino
01-15-2006, 03:24 PM
You learn Finishing Touch (the last one before it) by killing around 80 enemies with Cloud, good ways to do this are matra magic/slash all.

Anniexo
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Talk about Omnislash what's the best thing to have when trying to get it

Ultim4
01-15-2006, 06:41 PM
i needed to learn Climhazzard, i never got it. I won it and then i learned Omnislash no problem. Thanks for your help.

Deathchant
01-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Talk about Omnislash what's the best thing to have when trying to get it
If you are referring to: what should i equip when I go into the battles in battlesquare? I think this is being discussed serveral times....

I made a very detailed post about battling in the battlearena. Just search.
I'll help you on your way:

Equip the highest weapon possible (mine was heaven's cloud). Armor: ZIEDRICH, Accessory:Ribbon, Materia: 4xcut or slash-all, 2x(mastered) counterattack (for counterattacking twice everytime an enemy hits you), enemyskill (for magic use like big guard or aqualung etc).

This way, you only have yellow and purple materia, so you can let the handicap take out the rest of the materia. The Ribbon negates all status ailments such as frog/mini/confu/berserk etc etc.

i needed to learn Climhazzard, i never got it. I won it and then i learned Omnislash no problem. Thanks for your help.Climhazzard??
You must learn:
Braver -> Cross-slash -> Bladebeam -> Climhazzard -> Meteorain -> Finishing Touch
BEFORE learning Omnislash...
Or did I mis something?

Ultim4
01-16-2006, 04:59 PM
i know i had every limit apart from Climhazzard, i only had Blade Beam for the limit 2 break. I know why and how this was.

I just earnt Climhazzard and was then able to use the Omnislash item.

Emerald weapon
01-16-2006, 05:03 PM
If you are referring to: what should i equip when I go into the battles in battlesquare? I think this is being discussed serveral times....

I made a very detailed post about battling in the battlearena. Just search.
I'll help you on your way:

Equip the highest weapon possible (mine was heaven's cloud). Armor: ZIEDRICH, Accessory:Ribbon, Materia: 4xcut or slash-all, 2x(mastered) counterattack (for counterattacking twice everytime an enemy hits you), enemyskill (for magic use like big guard or aqualung etc).

This way, you only have yellow and purple materia, so you can let the handicap take out the rest of the materia. The Ribbon negates all status ailments such as frog/mini/confu/berserk etc etc.

Climhazzard??
You must learn:
Braver -> Cross-slash -> Bladebeam -> Climhazzard -> Meteorain -> Finishing Touch
BEFORE learning Omnislash...
Or did I mis something?
You can just miss the second limits in a level because to get the second u need to use the first one a couple of times(of course you knew that:p )but if u just kill 80 enemies without using limits u grow to the next level

Deathchant
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
hmmm I did not know this. I never tried it so...anyway thanks! I'll keep learning in here :)