PDA

View Full Version : Help for Northern Cave . . .

Ansem/Sephy
01-15-2006, 10:21 PM
OK . . . im in thr NC and have already split my party in two and have just come back from the left pathway . . . my walkthrough says to head north from where we split to where we originally met . . . i backtracked all the way to the Highwind and nothing . . . where can i find my party?

Emerald weapon
01-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Just keep going down or the oppsite way u came eventully you will come to a mako pit which you will have to fight JENOVA-SYTHISIS then after that start the sephiroth fights

Ansem/Sephy
01-15-2006, 10:31 PM
. . . do u mean i should go down the right path? . . . hold on . . . ill see

Ansem/Sephy
01-15-2006, 10:37 PM
.. . WOAH! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

btw . . . im level 48 and have HP status of around 4500 . . . i have Vincent also with DB and Neo Bahamut . . . Cloud has Cure 1, 2 and 3 . . . as well as Regen . . . I also have MP Barrier . . . he has the Ragnorak blade . . . is this enough to win with . . . lol?

TheSpoonyBard
01-15-2006, 11:01 PM
You could try, but you may find it quite difficult. Most people finish at Lv60 or so, and they usually have the Ultimate weapons and KotR.

Ansem/Sephy
01-15-2006, 11:23 PM
that reminds me-- where do u get Knights of the Round . . . ? lol and i was doin great against Jenova until she cast Ultima . . . how do u survive it?! . . . I was at around my full HP gauge and she cast it and killed us all . . .

Shin Gouken
01-16-2006, 12:38 AM
hey i was only around level 60 when i first completed it, but i didnt have any ultimate weapons or limit breaks. You'll manage ok if you remember a few things. Have the shell status on, dont let it run out (thats how you will survive ultima as shell halves the damage taken by spells) Safer sephiroth starts with shell status so your spells will only inflict half damage, so be sure to use dispel on him. Lastly, if a character is not full HP, heal them. If you keep all your characters HP at max, you wont die. It sounds simple but but its the most important thing you need to remember

And to help give you that bit of extra HP: as you travel toward the end, you'll fight magic pots, movers and other enemies which give you lots of AB points. If i was in your position now, i'd have a triple growth weapon (apocalypse will do nicely) and attach a HP+ materia to it. Master it if you can as it will give a character +50%HP and plus another HP+ materia will be born which you can give to another character

Ansem/Sephy
01-16-2006, 05:10 AM
. . . cool . . . but i already have an HP Plus or two on Cloud lol . . . i didnt know u could master it tho . . . how did u say to do that?? And where could i get the shell magic??

Zeromus_X
01-16-2006, 06:57 AM
you get shell from barrier materia.

and it is possible to win the game at your level, though it may be a little difficult. (you could cheat and clone countless elixirs, megaelixirs, and hero drinks with w-item, provided you got it. )

feed elixirs to the magic jars, in the northern cave. (you can level up ALOT there. ) i got to my 70s in a day there :cat:

but it still is possible to beat the game there.

add on: also, if you level up barrier materia enough, you get wall, which has the effects of barrier and shell. (which are called barrier and m-barrier.)

or you could manipulate beach plugs at the beach near costa del sol...and get big guard. same effect as wall.

hope that helps. :choc2: :cat:

boys from the dwarf
01-16-2006, 07:25 AM
itll be tricky because sephiroths best attacks can do 5000-7000 damage but you dont need clouds ultimate weapon and KoTR. when i first beat sephiroth i didnt have either but i did fine but i think you should get some HP plus materia and do a little more leveling.

Shin Gouken
01-16-2006, 01:50 PM
. . . cool . . . but i already have an HP Plus or two on Cloud lol . . . i didnt know u could master it tho . . . how did u say to do that?? And where could i get the shell magic??

lol my bad, ive been playing too much final fantasy viii. Shell isnt shell at all, its Mbarrier and you can learn it by leveling up barrier materia.

If you want to level up materia really fast, go to your menu and select "equip". When you scroll through the weapons/armour you want to equip, it will tell you the growth rate of that weapon. Most everything has a "normal" growth rate. But there are some items which have double, and even triple growth rate. This means that they will receive double/triple the amount of ability points you earn. So if you get 1000AB after a battle, The materia equiped to the triple growth weapon will get 3000AB.

Also, if you go to the yellow swamp type area in the northan cave, there is a high chance of you encountering Movers or magic pots. If you see movers (small balls that appear in threes) kill them off quickly for a huge amount of ABpoints. If you see magic pots, You need to give each of them an elixer before you can damage them. Give them elixers and kill the to receive a massive amount of AB points (which will be trippled by your weapon)

Use this method of getting mass AB points to speed learn materia like HP+. When you master HP+, check your materia list, and you'll see you have another HP+ which needs to be mastered. :greenie: so Infacto you can boost that not so high HP to max and kick sepho's arse :greenie:

sub zero
01-16-2006, 02:11 PM
are there any accsorys that will gard against confusion apart from ribbon on my best im near the end but dont have w-item or anyof the ones you get with chocobo and no ribbons but i do have ultimate weapon for cloud and vincnt my party is normaly cloud vincent and nanaki

Shin Gouken
01-16-2006, 02:18 PM
are there any accsorys that will gard against confusion apart from ribbon on my best im near the end but dont have w-item or anyof the ones you get with chocobo and no ribbons but i do have ultimate weapon for cloud and vincnt my party is normaly cloud vincent and nanaki

There is an item which protects against confusion but i cant recall what it is. You can get a ribbon in the nothan cave though :greenie: Morph a master tonberry and you will get a ribbon. Or Morph several master tonberrys for several ribbons :greenie:

Neco Arc
01-16-2006, 02:54 PM
There is an item which protects against confusion but i cant recall what it is.

peace ring - you can win one after defeating Rapps after the Wutai quest or buy it at rocket town

Emerald weapon
01-16-2006, 04:59 PM
I say u get to lvl 55. at the least and take shinangels advice bout the Ap(which is really good cuz i tried it out n it freaking rocks!!thanks shinangel:D )when u get hp plus up a few lvls u should have about 7000 hp when that happends go n kick his arse:)

Ansem/Sephy
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
. . . yeah . . . well i found BIZARRO. Sephiroth quite easy . . . but Safer. Sephiroth's another story . . . im gonna make another thread about it in a moment . . . so in the mean time . . . thanks for the advice . . . but . . . could a Mod please close this?