PDA

View Full Version : Should Sega Make Another Console ?

Dreddz
01-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Seems nowadays they are only making a few games here and there.
I think they should blast back into the market with another Console.
Its not like they cant make quality consoles. The Dreamcast was on Level with the PS2 IMO.
Please Sega, Oh Please.

Chris
01-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Sega Mega Drive is the best system I've ever owned.

Shoden
01-15-2006, 10:50 PM
It'd be good to see them back in business.

Suikojowy
01-15-2006, 11:09 PM
The Saturn and Dreamcast didn't perform as well as they had hoped, so I can understand them being a bit apprehensive.

They've kind of lost a lot of status among the gaming industry (although they still do produce their fair share of games) and can't really afford to take a risk like this.

Would be nice to see it happen and succeed, but it's doubtful =(

KentaRawr!
01-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, it would be a cool thing to see, and I definitely would buy it, but right now I am just hoping they can make games that will save them from their companies death.

Awesomeman
01-16-2006, 05:03 AM
They would probably mess up again. My Dreamcast died early in its life.And I treat my stuff like gold.

Erdrick Holmes
01-16-2006, 05:12 AM
Sega needs to make a home version of the Atomiswave arcade system, like SNK did with the Neo Geo. Since Sega kinda bought out Sammy they can do this if they want.

escobert
01-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Sega said it will now only make games. No more consoles fomr Sega anytime soon or ever. I thought that was a pretty clear fact in gaming undusrty?

Cz
01-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Although a lot of people would like to see a new Sega console, it simply wouldn't be sensible for them to produce a new machine at this point. From a business point of view, Sega made the right move in canning the Dreamcast and focusing on development. Not to mention that being a third-party developer allows a lot more of us to benefit from Sega-goodness. :)

Lindy
01-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Sega games on other consoles is far more cost-efficient, since they don't have to worry about competing with the other three consoles and two hand-helds out right now.

That and it's cheaper for gamers, they're more likely to buy a game if it's on a system they own, rather than having to buy an entirely new one from a company who's last console was an unfortunate failure outside of Japan.

EDIT : Sonic rox lolz

~SapphireStar~
01-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I loved my Sega Master System and Dreamcast and yes it would be nice for Sega to release another console ... if only.

The Dreamcast was on Level with the PS2 IMO.
I agree.

a nirvana fan
01-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Sega Mega Drive is the best system I've ever owned.

Maybe mine too...but I think Sega should make another console, this time make it REALLY good, but now I think PS2 is the best console ever.

Erdrick Holmes
01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
I think that Sega should make some sort of Nostalgia ware and release a device shaped like a Genesis controller you can plug into the AV ports of your TV and you can play all sorts of Genesis games on it.

Red Squall
01-16-2006, 09:23 PM
back in the day sega and Nintendo were the consoles to have, but sony and microsoft took consoles to the next level and still are, i would love to see sega succeed in making a new console but with the problems they have had selling there lastest ones and the improvements with the Xbox 360 and the soon to be out PS3 i just dont think they can compete, which is a shame.