PDA

View Full Version : Tori Amos

Rye
01-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Any Tori Fans/ears with feet here? :) I am suffering extreme boredom and am listeing to Tori Amos - Taxi Ride, so voila.

What do you think of Tori? What is your favourite album/song by her?

Tori Amos is one of my favourite musical artists ever. She's really only second after the Dresden Dolls, my favourite band. My favourite albums are From The Choir Girl Hotel and Scarlet's Walk. I have so many favourite songs from her, so I'll list them: Me and a Gun, Taxi Ride, Cornflake Girl, Lust, She's Your Cocaine, A Sorta Fairytale, Playboy Mommy, Raspberry Swirl, Caught A Lite Sneeze, Precious Things, Happy Phantom, Cruel, Winter, Seaside, I Can't See New York, Gold Dust, Raining Blood (cover of the song by Slayer), Icicle, Sleeps with Butterflies, Mr. Zebra, Horses, Little Amsterdamn and Toast. I can't even cut down that list, I love all of those songs. xD

Chris
01-15-2006, 10:45 PM
I used to like her very much (back when I was a Alanis follower xD). But yes, most of her stuff is really good, except that her latest releases have been a little on the downside. The video to "A Sorta Fairytale" is funny, but also a bit disturbing. :(

Shoden
01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Her cover of Reign in Blood put me to sleep, she's a good artist.

Rye
01-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah, of The Beekeeper, only Sleeps with Butterflies and Toast really stuck out. It was a good concept, the Beekeeper thing, since I read about it on her website and it was really fascinating, but her music wasn't daring and quirky/dark like it used to be. I prefer the middle of her career the most, though I love Little Earthquakes. :)

And yeah, Raining Blood is amazing, best cover of a song in my opinion. :D

Brian The Pink Shark
01-16-2006, 10:22 AM
My gf likes her so im forced to not say anything bad, but i have heard some of her stuff and it's pretty good :choc:

Breine
01-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I think she is extremely talented and that she makes great music, but unfortunately I do not own any CDs by her... yet.