PDA

View Full Version : What is EoFF, to you?

Loony BoB
01-16-2006, 12:05 AM
How do you guys feel about EoFF? Do you see it as a place you can go to when you want to find an answer to a question or get second opinions? Do you see it as a place for you to showcase your talents? A place to meet friends? A place to spend idle time discussing things? What about more than that? Do you see it as a place that has added to your life? Do you ever feel like you owe it to EoFF to give something back? Do you see this place as a community? A home? A site that could change the life of someone, possibly the next newbie to join up?

How do you guys see/feel about EoFF itself?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-16-2006, 12:17 AM
I think it's a place to ask questions you cant ask peopole you know, a place where your opinions are (usually) respected, I feel like I belong here.

Nick Schovitz
01-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Wel Lonny Chocobo I see this site much better than FFLegend and FFshrine. There seems to be no racist bastards and the people here are way much mature. Have you noticed that there hasn't been any Eyes on each other bans in a long time?

Skarr
01-16-2006, 12:21 AM
To me it's like a family...no not the mob...but a real family.

Dolentrean
01-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Its a good place, relaxing, a place you can kill some time, A good place to relive some stress if you are felling down. There are alot of good people on this site, and I have truly enjoyed my time here.

Raistlin
01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
It's a place where I can talk to people I want to talk to and entertain myself.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
To me it's like a family...no not the mob...but a real family.

I agree...i think...
Anyways i see it here like a family.
I have sisters and brothers and cousins here lol :D

black orb
01-16-2006, 12:35 AM
>>> This place feels like home...
A place where I return almost everyday and then I see the same faces everywhere..

Samuraid
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
A place with many online friends and a lot of great conversations.

Yuffie514
01-16-2006, 01:57 AM
i come and post here to get opinions, even found some members to chat with. what a nice, cyber metropolis this place has become...

DK
01-16-2006, 02:01 AM
It's affected my life in one way at least, which was enabling me to meet some people i'd have never had the chance to meet before, who've gone on to become my close friends, Towns and J and Elly and so forth, and from those people a lot of things have come into my life also. (Thanks, Towns.)

Why I still come here is because I have nothing better to do. :D

eestlinc
01-16-2006, 02:03 AM
ones and zeros man. ones and zeros. :D

Have you noticed that there hasn't been any Eyes on each other bans in a long time?
Yes! Amazing result of canning EotW and getting rid of some bad apples.

Miriel
01-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Without EoFF, I wouldn't have Tony. And I like having Tony. So yay EoFF!

And I've been visiting this place regularly for years, so it is pretty ingrained in my daily life. I would like to give something back, because I'm very grateful for this place.

Yamaneko
01-16-2006, 02:41 AM
EoFF is like the online community I always wanted to be a part of, but that my parents could never deliver. Thank you Eyes on!

Rice Cake
01-16-2006, 02:51 AM
HOME!!!

(mostly, some of you really get on my nerves:mad: )

Slade
01-16-2006, 02:52 AM
It makes me happy being here and contributing to conversations. I've made a few online friends and its been great the last couple of years ive been here. I'm hoping 2006 on here is just as good if not better (no doubt it will be) I guess I would call this place my outlet from the real world :)

Markus. D
01-16-2006, 02:58 AM
part of my bachelor pad.

My name is...something..?
01-16-2006, 02:59 AM
It's a pub that is open to everyone 24/7 where you go when you have nothing else to do and just want to chill.
Of course if you get unruly the bouncers will kick you out permanently.
:)

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-16-2006, 03:26 AM
How do you guys feel about EoFF? Do you see it as a place you can go to when you want to find an answer to a question or get second opinions? Do you see it as a place for you to showcase your talents? A place to meet friends? A place to spend idle time discussing things? What about more than that? Do you see it as a place that has added to your life? Do you ever feel like you owe it to EoFF to give something back? Do you see this place as a community? A home? A site that could change the life of someone, possibly the next newbie to join up?

How do you guys see/feel about EoFF itself?

I feel that EoFF is honestly a great place with good members. It is a safe community where even the most innocent and naive questions will get sincere answer (if you do not post it in GC). I have met good friends, and as I said before the most important guy to me. For these reason I am grateful for the existance of this place. I doubt I would ever willing leave. Every person we come into contact changes us and helps moulds us. The same applies to EoFF. Because of the people, especially Xehanort, I have become a better person. So I think I can say that there is no regrets here for joining EoFF.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-16-2006, 04:13 AM
I think it smells funny.

escobert
01-16-2006, 04:17 AM
I see it as a place to waste my bored time but also make friends and it is liek a comunity. Everyone has there role :D

Vyk
01-16-2006, 04:23 AM
Its nice that I'm not the only one that would easily consider this place a surrogate home. If I could live on the internet, I'd live in the EoFF mansion. Very thankful to be here :D

Slade
01-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Its nice that I'm not the only one that would easily consider this place a surrogate home. If I could live on the internet, I'd live in the EoFF mansion. Very thankful to be here :D
Heh, that mansion thing makes me think of it as kind of like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends :D

'Cid's Home for Final Fantasy Friends'.........or something along those lines :D

rubah
01-16-2006, 05:23 AM
It's a place where there's people I like, who give me attention, and it has an IRC channel, which I am addicted to.

I dunno. It gives me a lot to do xD

Hawkeye
01-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Its a place where I can mess around and stuff.

crashNUMBERS
01-16-2006, 05:35 AM
It's a place to discuss interests, and let me tell you, I LOVE discussing. I just love the feel of expressing my opinions and hearing others out. Like when I go over my friend's house, me, him, and his little bro (Who's almost my age) waste atleast some time discussing anything from super heroes (That was a random disucssion on how we miss the olden days), to.... Anything we can think of actually...

Shoeberto
01-16-2006, 05:52 AM
It's become the center of my life. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Rengori
01-16-2006, 05:53 AM
It's a place to discuss interests, and let me tell you, I LOVE discussing. I just love the feel of expressing my opinions and hearing others out. Like when I go over my friend's house, me, him, and his little bro (Who's almost my age) waste atleast some time discussing anything from super heroes (That was a random disucssion on how we miss the olden days), to.... Anything we can think of actually...

Del Murder
01-16-2006, 05:55 AM
Just another small cave on the internet.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Hey wait a minute...

Drift
01-16-2006, 07:04 AM
a bit of everything from the above

Rase
01-16-2006, 07:30 AM
I see it as a way to discuss interesting and entertaining topics, as well as the occasional serious and thought-provoking one. No matter what the topic, there's bound to be a variety of responses that help people display thier views and understand how others see things. It's also a good place to talk about games, movies, songs, etc., that you like, knowing that someone will most likely have some clue as to what you're talking about. And finally, it's a great place to see some fantastic works of art and writing.

Old Manus
01-16-2006, 07:39 AM
<s>My mother</s>

Er, yeah. An internet forum where I can discuss current affairs

-N-
01-16-2006, 08:28 AM
That's a heavy question - one that no matter how many words I use, I would still fail to fully reflect how I think and feel about this place. So, I resort to the entire bank of emoticons to convey my answer.

edit:
1. You have included 203 images in your message. You are limited to using 100 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

Images include use of smilies, the vB code [ img ] tag and HTML &lt;img&gt; tags. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator.

:) :p :D ;) :cool: :( :rolleyes2 :mad2: :eek: :cry: :mad: :love: :confused: :tongue: :greenie: :eep: :mog: :choc: :moomba: :choc2: :lol: :chuckle: :yap: :razz: :clone: :happybday :yellowkin :hyper: :catsmile: :grinpink: :joker: :lovers: :exdee: :smash: :kiss: :bigsmile: :greenking :hat: :strut: :laugh: :beer: :freak: :goofy: :hahaha: :spin: :excited: :sleepy: :sing: :roll: :angel: :down: :up: :bgl: :thumb: :elk: :skull: :scary: :yuck: :twak: :grr: :nonono: :hot: :grumble: :fencing: :frust: :irked: :jokey: :strung: :twocents: :hourglas: :trout: :meditate: :shoot: :rock: :x_x: :drool: :screwy: :-\ :rolleyes3 :-/ :quarter: :shifty: :tumble: :sad: :| :cookie: :alien: :redface: :blahblah: :bigbiggri :bored: :bow: :moogle: :foot: :pimp: :cat:

:banbleys :banme :ty:

theundeadhero
01-16-2006, 08:47 AM
It's a place to socialize about things that I can't necessarily talk about in the real world. It's definately a part of my daily life as I usually come here two or three times a day. What I try to put into it as a whole is threads that members can participate in with interest instead of just replying once and forgetting about it. That's where the EOFF Horror House, EOFF CSI (another will come), the Sandwhich Man comics, and other things come into. I don't feel like I owe it to EOFF to give these things, I just enjoy doing it. On a personal level I get conversation about my interest that most people in the real world I know just don't give a damn about. I can also express ideas and creativity without really worrying how far out there they are. I usually don't post questions here because this is still the internet so instead of being lazy and asking something I'll just look it up elsewhere on the internet. This place has definately added to my life as I think about it quite a bit in the real world. Things I've done, things I would like to do, events that have happened. I would not have made it through Iraq as well as I have without this place. Seriously, it helped in a way that just can't be described. You have to go through it yourself to really understand.

As far as Site Staff goes it's really helped a lot in developing my skills. They gave my the chance to work on the site when I showed much more desire to help the place than the actual talent to do it, and they have seen me grow since then. It's something I really appreciate.

Shlup
01-16-2006, 09:20 AM
EoFF is my mom.

The Mighty Sabotender
01-16-2006, 09:40 AM
A forum I come to when I'm extremely bored.

smittenkitten
01-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Its a place where you can eat cookies and make friends :D

Casey
01-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Hmmm. I dont know how to answer the question, because I just come here and I dont even play rpgs on the ps2 anymore, and havnt played a FF in years.... But I've been here for nearly 5 years.... Wow how time goes by. lol. I'm mostly a lurker/reader.

A forum I come to when I'm extremely bored.

That too.

Shaun
01-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I've travelled through the icy mountains and darkest realms of the Internet; I've stayed at numerous communities. But there's something special about this one.

Devourment
01-16-2006, 11:02 AM
I see EoFF as a place

* Where you can ask questions when you are not sure about something

* Where you can talk about things you enjoy / like, like music, films, games, or whatever

* Where you can make friends 'cause 90% of people on here are friendly & very different to people on other forums, also the mods / admins are much nicer than on other forums.

To put simply it that is.

Rye
01-16-2006, 12:35 PM
I see EoFF as a place to come to when I'm bored to talk with people, but what I really value most from EoFF are the close friends I've made from it that have affected my life. :)

Christmas
01-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Something special.

Boosk
01-16-2006, 01:19 PM
EoFF, to me, used to be a place to meet others like me and to chat about our tastes, but like all forums, there's lots of spam so I can never be bothered to go on as much anymore. I just dont wanna read all the poop!! But I have made lots of good friends here.:love:

Kagga:love:

Chris
01-16-2006, 01:34 PM
You learn how to settle for what you get. :eep:

Edit: Plus it's a great place to convert people to Grace Jones. xD

Edit: No luck so far (almost been here for two years). :(

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-16-2006, 02:12 PM
a place where one can just chill:D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-16-2006, 02:32 PM
i waste too much time on eoff :(

Neco Arc
01-16-2006, 03:56 PM
All of the above....

Madonna
01-16-2006, 04:10 PM
To hit on the obvious, I like EoFF. I think it's a great community for Final Fantasy fans to come together and share not just their interest for FF, but to find other's who share other passions. One could come here for answers or theories concerning their favorite Fantasy, or if it please them, they can come here to make friends.

EoFF has added a number of friends that I would have not met otherwise; I view it as a boon to have my friends, and I am grateful that I had not missed my chance to make them. Despite this, I do not feel as if I owe EoFF much in terms of anything, save for my participation in the fora; if it weren't for the members, this would be a sad place indeed. I'll try to donate some moolah when I have some in excess. :P

EoFF is not a home to me; I've been to too many diverse fora in my tenure online to truly call any one place a home. I do feel at home here, and I enjoy our community immensely. And yes, I do view it as a site that could change the lives of somebody, because that somebody may use this for more than a gaming resource, but for advice and help.

I'd still recommend therapy, just to be safe.

Shoden
01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Ultra cool forum where I can learn lots about FF and meet friends (hardly many...)

Zeldy
01-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Some of my close friends are on here ^_^

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-16-2006, 05:30 PM
I left the forum for a little while, and was on one for an RPG that I play, and hated the way it was run. Everyone here is way nicer, and I feel more like I belong here. Some great people have added me on their msn, and more people should, (talk to me people!) That and I missed the smilies :twak: :cat: and finally :strut:

Loony BoB
01-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I'll try to donate some moolah when I have some in excess. :P
I was more meaning giving something back as in Site Staff, EoFF Post, stuff like that.

Twisted Tinkerbell
01-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I'll give something back! Whaddaya want?

Madonna
01-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Participation, my dear Daniel.

~SapphireStar~
01-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Its a place where I can show off my sigs and somewhere to stop me from ripping my hair out from boredom.

Remon
01-16-2006, 06:33 PM
I've only been here for some months and i'm thinking of staying here more and more.I enjoy posting replies to threads.

Cz
01-16-2006, 06:44 PM
EoFF is usually a place where the social rules are just about different enough for me to feel like I can be myself, even if in reality I'm probably no more open with people here than I am with people offline. That being said, it rarely fails to entertain, either because of some huge forum-wide event that keeps me up all night posting, or because of a 'friendly' argument with another member, or simply because of that indescribable feeling of warmth that comes from being part of a community for so long, even if I never quite made it into the heart of the place.

The people are of course the main attraction (since EoFF without the members is little more than a photo album and a collection of indecipherable smilies) and it's them that keep me coming back. Some of them have their moments of genius, others get on your nerves and then win you over, and some of them are simply plain interesting to be around. Simply watching a bunch of cool members spam the crap out of feedback, or reminisce about moments that only a few dozen people can still remember is more fun than anything else I've found across all the billions of pages out there.

However, the thing that keeps me coming back (six times and counting!) is that over four and a half years it's been responsible for so much of who I am that I couldn't honestly be parted from it. So many of my opinions have been formed, rethought and dissolved by things I've seen or heard here. I've experienced emotional highs and lows just as great as those I've felt with friends or family. Having EoFF so clearly imprinted on every aspect of my character makes it impossible for me to truly leave the place behind, and in that sense it transcends being a mere image on a computer screen, or a message written by a person whose face I've never seen.

I'm not going to go into greater detail, as far from taking me all day, it would probably carry me into next week. Consider this brief, foolishly nostalgic message to be a thank-you note for absolutely everything you've ever given me.

Psydekick
01-16-2006, 06:45 PM
What is eyesonff to me..... an excuse to get away from the dreadful reality that is Known as school:)

escobert
01-16-2006, 06:47 PM
EoFF is usually a place where the social rules are just about different enough for me to feel like I can be myself, even if in reality I'm probably no more open with people here than I am with people offline. That being said, it rarely fails to entertain, either because of some huge forum-wide event that keeps me up all night posting, or because of a 'friendly' argument with another member, or simply because of that indescribable feeling of warmth that comes from being part of a community for so long, even if I never quite made it into the heart of the place.

The people are of course the main attraction (since EoFF without the members is little more than a photo album and a collection of indecipherable smilies) and it's them that keep me coming back. Some of them have their moments of genius, others get on your nerves and then win you over, and some of them are simply plain interesting to be around. Simply watching a bunch of cool members spam the crap out of feedback, or reminisce about moments that only a few dozen people can still remember is more fun than anything else I've found across all the billions of pages out there.

However, the thing that keeps me coming back (six times and counting!) is that over four and a half years it's been responsible for so much of who I am that I couldn't honestly be parted from it. So many of my opinions have been formed, rethought and dissolved by things I've seen or heard here. I've experienced emotional highs and lows just as great as those I've felt with friends or family. Having EoFF so clearly imprinted on every aspect of my character makes it impossible for me to truly leave the place behind, and in that sense it transcends being a mere image on a computer screen, or a message written by a person whose face I've never seen.

I'm not going to go into greater detail, as far from taking me all day, it would probably carry me into next week. Consider this brief, foolishly nostalgic message to be a thank-you note for absolutely everything you've ever given me.

I feel the exact same way. I've been here for so long it's just part of me. I feel strange not posting or chatting.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Its a place where I can show off my sigs and somewhere to stop me from ripping my hair out from boredom.

Something i was thinking of saying :D

themagicroundabout
01-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Yes, I'd have to quote Black Mage 121, though I've not been here excpetionally long.
:)

Lost Number
01-16-2006, 07:10 PM
It is a way to spread my ideals to corrupt the people of the world.
Nah, just a place to "chill".

Captain Maxx Power
01-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I use it as a platform to inform, be amused, amuse others and generally chill out and have fun. Nothing else to it really.

boris no no
01-16-2006, 08:06 PM
To stalk BoB B)

nah. I just like to read whats going on and whatnot
plus have lots of friends from here, pretty much all my online friends I've met here :D or in #eoff

Breine
01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I see it as a place to discuss several and different topics, a place where I have a lot of fun, and a place where I can be my geeky self...:cool: I like it here. Always have and always will (I guess)

theundeadhero
01-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I missed out on this place for a year and a half because I had to go through Army training and then it was a banned site in Korea, but the second I had internet access it was the first place I came to. I instantly remembered Loony BoB, Kishi, and Del Murder, even though we never so much as replied to each other in a thread my first time around. Unless you count me asking Kishi how to change my original screename (which was completely horrible sooo long ago) and him directing me to PM an Administrator about it. I can't remember which one.

Christmas
04-20-2023, 02:17 PM
Something special.

Still special. :bigsmile:

And the irony is the person that started this thread spent his time wanking instead of fixing the site when it was in danger. :mymelbert: