PDA

View Full Version : Alex's Level One (Ozma) Challenge Thread XD~

Alexander
01-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Well, after Necronopticous and nik0tine, I've decided to do this challenge. Souns fun, and I like FFIX so much <3

Well... so far, I am on Ice Cavern. On Evil Forest, I managed to steal both itens pron Plant Brain AND fight only two Spiders in my second try.

HOWEVER, I am on Sealion, and got TWO gameovers there.

First - Mythril Dagger didn't want to be stolen. I wasn't at full HP when I Tranced, and I selected Free Energy, but ACCIDENTALLY I selected Sealion. He countered with Tsunami, I died.

Second - Stole Mythril Dagger quite easily, killed Black Waltz with Free Eenrgy, attacked Sealion three times, Defended and healed until next Trance. I used Tidal Flame, but UNLUCKILY Sealion didn't die. Guess what? He countered with Tsunami... and I died -___-;

I will try again, only once, today. If I can't I will spend my morning on that XP

Also, I didn't impress 100 nobles, and that was good - I got an extra Silk Shirt to help against Plant Brain xD But now I don't know if I will have enough Ethers/hoenix Pinions to have 13k Gil and do the Cotton Robe trick (absolutely essential in the challenge, I think, since you get no money in battle).

Well, I will update everytime I kill a boss or pass throug a hard part. I am definitively afraid of the Black mages in Gizamaluke o__o

EDIT: And I am stealing quite often (actually, every time I have a battle) so that I will have a VERY powerful Thievery just when I get it. Yeah, I WILL try to pwn Tantarian with a Level One party.

raskerino
01-16-2006, 02:36 AM
Mage masher + back row should bring his HP low enough (42-44 per hit) followed by Tidal Flame (363 approximately) that he should die without trouble.

The black mages in gizamalukes are hard, but after you get stop and life grows happier.

nik0tine
01-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Man, I had no idea that so many people would attempt this after me. Good luck with this, though. It certainly isn't easy.

Alexander
01-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Well...

Sealion defeated. This time I was so lucky, I stole Mythril Dagger in the first time XD

Black Waltz 2 was kind of hard, but only because I am dumb - He used Fira (no, it wasn't a counter of Fire) and Zidane AND Vivi died. Luckily, Steiner got in Trance afterwards xD

Black Waltz 3 was ridiculously easy. I've stolen both items AND defeated him before the second 'ra magic XDDD

Now I am at Lindblum - money trick done, items bought, now I am preparing my brain to Gizamaluke's Grotto o_o wish me luck

Oh, a question - against Zaghnol, is it possible to Freya defeat it? I really want that Coral Ring x.x

nik0tine
01-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Freya does not need to defeat Zaghnol to win the tournament. Make sure the battle mechanics have been set to "wait" as opposed to active. Once you've stolen the needle fork, just open up the menue and sit there until the time runs out. Neither you, nor the Zaghnol will get a turn. If the time runs out, Freya wins.

You need the coral ring. It will make life ten times easier.

Alexander
01-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Well... I am ALMOST going to Gizamaluke's Grotto (Freya won the Festival of the Hunt btw), but I have some doubts.

1- For now, which Chocographs I need? I've opened the two Chocographs that I can open in this part of the game (Streamside and Between Mountains), caught Healing Shore and Small Beach. Is there any other one that it is needed to this challenge?

2- Quina has Limit Glove and I have a good amount of Phoenix Downs. Which Blue Magic, aside this one, will help the challenge?

And I was testing that strategy that I NEED to use against the Black Mages in some Axe Beaks. Maybe it is because they have Thundara, or they have less HP than Black Mages, but it is VERY HARD to Petrify both. Even though Quina ALMOST ALWAYS petrify one of them in the first try T_T

boys from the dwarf
01-17-2006, 04:11 PM
getting prepared for ozma and getting to ozma is the real challenge because if you have as many characters on auto life as possible and have skills like frog drop, thievery and dragon crest at 9999 damage per hit any boss will fall easily so its much harder to prepare for ozma at level one. is it possible to complete the game at level one because i cant think of any times where you are forced to level up with no escape from it whatsoever.

Alexander
01-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Three battles against Amdusias, Abaddon and Shell Dragon at Terra, on Disc 3, are forced, and you can't Petrify or Stop them. Well, you can defeat Ozma before that anyway. Plus, you can send the exp to unnecessary characters - Amarant, Steienr and maybe Dagger.

Well, updates~

Gizamaluke's Grotto was... easy. o_O In my third time, I've petrified the first pair of Type A, and the second pair, I petrified in my first try. Gizamaluke, with Limit Glove, was a pushover as well. (btw, Quina revived with 1 HP in my very first try XD).

Now I am getting my saviour, Oak Staff. I wonder if I should learn some abilities, like Flee and Alert, before going to Burmecia. XD~

EDIT: Like nik said. Vivi's Stop is the best thing that ever happened in videogame history. No, really. <3

nik0tine
01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Gizamaluke's Grotto was... easy. o_O In my third time, I've petrified the first pair of Type A, and the second pair, I petrified in my first try. Gizamaluke, with Limit Glove, was a pushover as well. (btw, Quina revived with 1 HP in my very first try XD).You got very lucky. It took me a good 15-20 tries before I even saw a black mage get petrified once. It took me like two days to do that part. They just wouldn't get petrified at all! :p

Alexander
01-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Updates~

Burmecia was even easier (Stop is just the best thing EVER), and since BEatrix would kill me anyway, I just used Limit Glove, as well.

Now... Disk 2 \o/

I defeated Black Waltz 3 (Easy \o/), went to Dali, bought 99 Wrists, and came back to Treno.

And walk to Wuan's Dwelling, catch Scorpio and go back to Treno, without finding the Friendly Ghost even once, is a pure hell. Guess I am just unlucky.

Well, in Treno, I got my weapons and armor, defeated Griffin with Dagger (yep, I wanted to give myself a challenge), etc. Now I am on Gargan Roos, making Marcus kill some Crawlers. Not because of the Marcus/Eiko glitch, it's mainly because I want those Ether to clear the Auction House XD~

Now, I want to know if:

1- Reflect Ring helps on Cleyra (I bought it now, so I won't forget)

2- I should go to Dali and buy more 99 Wrists (And some Rods, I want Coral Rings \xD/). I don't know if there is any chance to buy Steepled Hats before Black Mage Village o.o

3- There is anything that I forgot. I got the Power Belt from Alleyway Jack, got the 5 Stellazzios and gave them to that duck queen, etc o.o

nik0tine
01-18-2006, 10:48 PM
1- Reflect Ring helps on Cleyra (I bought it now, so I won't forget)YES IT DOES!

2- I should go to Dali and buy more 99 Wrists (And some Rods, I want Coral Rings \xD/). I don't know if there is any chance to buy Steepled Hats before Black Mage Village o.oI don't know if you can or not, but if you've done it twice you most certainly do not need to.

Alexander
01-18-2006, 11:55 PM
... *angstball mode*

SOMEONE erased my save form the challenge. I will have to restart. But not right now. I will only start after the person that erased has a painful death.

RaidenWeb17
01-20-2006, 12:01 AM
that sucks

nik0tine
01-20-2006, 12:10 AM
WHAT!? How did that happen? I'd have been fucking pissed.

Ace14
01-20-2006, 05:51 AM
That really sucks.

Alexander
01-21-2006, 04:13 AM
WHAT!? How did that happen? I'd have been smurfing pissed.

I was SO pissed that it was the very first time in my whole life that I was more angsty than Squall. For 5 minutes, but still, more angsty than him.

Well... I restarted without killing anyone, and I am right before Black Watz 3. I really forgot of how Disc 1 is fast. And since I was ALMOST starting Cleyra, I am almost reaching my former point. Whee for me. XD

And I am getting oh-so-lucky with Stealing. o_o

Ace14
01-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Good job:D

Alexander
01-22-2006, 03:38 AM
Rollback~ Updates~

I just got all the Chocographs, I am almost going to Gizamaluke's Grotto (and I am praying to have the same luck I had the first time) and...

Should I really clear the Auction House at Treno? I really won't have Moonstone anytime soon, so buy PEarl Rouge now may be a good idea. XD

nik0tine
01-22-2006, 03:45 AM
I don't think you will need a pearl rouge... ever. Just make sure you get the reflect ring. I can't imagine how tough this would be without a reflect ring.

Zeromus_X
01-22-2006, 04:58 AM
i have a few questions:

1.) what does limit glove do and what monster do i need to eat to get it?

2) what is this cotton robe trick? ive only heard something about buying 99 cotton robes and steepled hats in another thread...

all you crazy level one ozma people are making me want to try it! :p

RaidenWeb17
01-22-2006, 05:48 AM
About the Reflect Ring; do i really need it for Cleyra or what, because Hyprophant's guide says its optional at this point

EDIT: Limit Glove will deal 9999 damage when Quina's Hp is 1. to learn you have to eat a mandragora in the small forest northeast of the Chocobo's forest (got that from Hypro's guide). You realllly need it.
and all I know about the cotton robe trick it that it gets you a lot of money

Ultima Shadow
01-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh my... ANOTHER level 1 Ozma thread ALREADY? :eek:

Alexander
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Big Update for the win~~

Now I am at the exact point I was in my former file: just before Cleyra.

Gizamaluke's Grotto: Easy, AGAIN. Two tries for each pair of Black Mages.

Burmecia: Even easier, AGAIN. First try at the Black Mages AND to revive Quina with 1 HP.

Treno: Here, I bought the Reflect Ring as soon as I could, I also bought two Magician Robes to Vivi and Quina, the Madain's Ring (It can make battles against Alexandria Soldiers easier) and some other items. I leveled Marcus up to Lv25 again (and this time I got lucky with Ethers, I have 26 XD), and I have EXACTLY 100k gil. (Really, it's funny to see "100000 Gil" in the menu XD)

EDIT:

Cotton Robe Trick >>

Buy 99 Wrists at Dali - sell Ethers and Phoenix Pinios to get enough money. Always have one of each, though.
Whn you get at Lindblum, purchase one Steepled Hat (may can steal one of Bl&#231;ack Waltz 2, and another one from Black Waltz 3), be sure you have 1000 Gil, and synth one Cotton Robe. Sell the Cotton Robe, but another Steepled Hat, make Cotton Robe, sell the robe. Rinse and repeat. As you get more money, buy more Steepled Hats. You should have 60~65k Gil when you synth ALL the Wrists. BE SURE TO LEAVE AT LEAST ONE COTTON ROBE IN YOUR INVENTORY, to give to Quina or Vivi (it depends on who is using the Bronze Vest). After that, buy 99 Steepled Hats.

On Disc 2, after Black Waltz 3 fight, go to Dali, buy 99 Wrsist (and two or three Rods to make Coral Rings XD). Go back to Treno, and do the trick again. You should have 100~105k Gil after that, more than enough until Disc 2's end.

You can do the trick AGAIN (buy 99 Wrists at Dali again, and when you go back to Zidane, buy 99 Steepled Hats from Atla's Mogshop, and synth them in Lindblum, after Ramuh's event). But it is totally optional. 100k is more than enough.

EDIT 2:

Updates~

Cleyra was intense. But I was lucky enough to do everything in my second try (in the first try, Xidane criticalled the Alexandria Soldier in the first battle xD). Now I am preparing for the second hardest part of the game... x.x

RaidenWeb17
01-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey Alex anything new, you are leaving us in the dark here???

Ace14
01-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Yeah it's been 3 days since a reply.