PDA

View Full Version : html image %

theundeadhero
01-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Is there a way to use percentages with images so that they always display the right size, no matter what resolution your using? I admit I haven't tried too hard, but everytime I do the image is way out of whack.

and I'll check back in a few days. Bye.

ShunNakamura
01-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Is there a way to use percentages with images so that they always display the right size, no matter what resolution your using? I admit I haven't tried too hard, but everytime I do the image is way out of whack.

and I'll check back in a few days. Bye.

Percentages... as in telling it to use x% of the screen?

All I do is tell it width="50%".

And then it's width and Height depend on the size of the window open. If I scale it for a standard 1024X768 window, but someone comes in and browses with a 800X600 screen it takes up the same percentage of space. The problem arises when someone's window is drastically different. Such as a window that is 800 wide and 200 tall. Then your image is distorted to down under and back.

Anyways if that wasn't what you were looking for, well I will look further into it.

rubah
01-16-2006, 10:22 PM
I'd be careful with doing inline resizing. If the images are large, or there's a ton of them, it'll lag firefox like crap. (see b0b's stats page)

Samuraid
01-16-2006, 11:43 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/chat/stats/eoff.html ?

rubah
01-17-2006, 03:49 AM
All those pipes are resized. Drag them or copy/paste the url.

I just know if I scroll past it, dragging teh scrollbar, it doesnt catch up rendering the screen until the top 50 are all past.

Samuraid
01-17-2006, 04:13 AM
It doesn't seem to run slowly though...