PDA

View Full Version : OK about this Low/High LVL thing

LunarWeaver
01-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Yes, I know your lvl is not particularly important in this game it's all about junctioning. Well let me assure you I am a master Junctioner and with my Card, Card Mod, and Refine abilities I've got it all under control.

But battles are getting boring because I'm Carding the hell out of everything and I'm getting to the point I just want to kill things.

But I'm afraid if I level up too much that my summons will fall behind the monsters and not do any damage, which will leave me to do only limit breaks. I'm keeping Squall's original weapon until I can upgrade to his ultimate weapon so he only has Rough Divide and Lionheart to choose from. The other two I'm using are Selphie and Zell, both good but I really don't feel like keeping them at crisis level all the damn time.

So if I just level up like normal and start getting into the 40's and 50's then 60's are my GF going to become useless? It's been a long time since I've played this game and I seem to recall getting to a high level before only to see my all my GF stop being very effective. If that's so I'll probably just slap on No Encounters and be done with the whole situation.

Man, I hope no other FF has monsters that level with you I actually twitch a lil' when anyone gains a lvl :p

Shin Gouken
01-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Why are you worried about the amount of damage a GF can inflict?

Carbunkle and Cerberas will never be reduced in usefulness. Bahamut will always reach 9999HP if you Boost him. And obviously Eden will always inflict sufficient damage. I would think if you use other GF's and Boost them against an enemy with a weakness to their elemental attack then they would still inflict sufficient damage.

Also, you can refine an item (Samanthas soul i think) which gives a GF Summon magic plus 40%. Though you probabley wouldn't be able to refine one until later in the game and wouldn't be easy

MortalKitten
01-16-2006, 10:26 PM
You refine three samantha souls from the Quistis Character Card.
And I always found my GF's effective, no matter how I levelled.

rubah
01-16-2006, 11:52 PM
I thought you got all of squall's limits regardless of the weapons other than leonheart you give him.

ScottNUMBERS
01-17-2006, 12:51 AM
GFs make the game boring, I always go without.

And fortunatly this is the only FF in which the monsters level up as you do.

dante the demon prince
01-17-2006, 12:56 AM
my rinoa is only lvl 89 on disk three and shes my lowest lvl

TheSpoonyBard
01-17-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm keeping Squall's original weapon until I can upgrade to his ultimate weapon so he only has Rough Divide and Lionheart to choose from

If you upgrade from Revolver -> Lionheart in one step you'll get all his finishing moves, not just Lionheart. Each has an equal chance (25%) of being chosen, provided your Crisis Level is high enough to activate a finishing move.

I really don't feel like keeping them at crisis level all the damn time.
Use Aura or limit the times you use Limit Breaks. You should be able to get through the random battles without limits.

I never summon GFs in battle. I use them only for providing Junction opportunities and their abilities, both character and refining.

raskerino
01-17-2006, 12:59 AM
If you're a master junctioner attacks should easily do just as much. It's not hard to do 800 or so before entering Galbadia garden is disk 1 without leveling up much which is about as good as GFs and takes a lot less time. The further into the game you are GFs should get less useful because other attacks can do close to or as much, yes bahamut can be better- but limits crush bahamut and I don't like to watch 30 second sequences every attack, they're wonderful to watch but attacking takes so much less time to win a fight.

Edit: And GFs will still be good.

Neco Arc
01-17-2006, 06:51 AM
forest owl and rubah are right about the weapons and limits....

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 10:45 AM
And fortunatly this is the only FF in which the monsters level up as you do.

Actually, this isn't true. In FF Tactics, the monsters level up as Ramza does.

a_dollar_20
01-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Well if you level and your Gf's don't do much damage dosn't that mean you'll be doing more damage thus making more damage be inflicted by you. The only gf's really worth using are Cerburus and sometimes carbuncle ( sometimes defeats using cerburus tho since you can't cure your self.