PDA

View Full Version : Amarant's Story (Possible Spoilers)

greenmage128
01-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Don't know if there's already been a thread for this or not, but here goes. I read on Wikipedia Amarant's connection to Zidane, but I have yet to see this explanation appear in the game. I've gotten all the way to Necron, though I've yet to beat him (stupid Grand Cross attack...), so it's possible it's mentioned in the ending, but I have no idea. Can anyone tell me where this explanation of Amarant's past appears in the game?

raskerino
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Disk 3, Treno, I forget it's either shown in an ATE or he tells Freya about guarding the auction house and being framed by Zidane who robbed it, or some such story.

greenmage128
01-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Odd. I viewed every ATE in Treno on Disc 3 (Card Tournament, right?), but I never got that. Maybe I chose the wrong response or something. Then again, I was following the official strategy guide (I compiled the whole thing from the site into a text file and then printed it out...after wasting my money on the actual book), so it's very possbile I was mislead. But, that does make sense. Thanks for the info.

raskerino
01-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that seeing some ATEs there mean you can't see other ones... but I could very easily be remembering wrong.

In that case it's probably a scene between him and Freya- I'm replaying FFIX so sometime soon I'll see what it is, but at the moment I can't remember too well.

HowlingMonkey
01-17-2006, 11:40 AM
As I recall you have to see the first scene between Freya and Amarant and then ask Amarant to tell his story before being able to see the second.

RaidenWeb17
01-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure that Howling Monkey is right, but nothing really happens in the ATE except for what Raskerino said

Ashley Schovitz
01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm an expert on this and you must've replied tto make Freya say no I won't force it out of you, when you should've chosen, yes I want to hear.

greenmage128
01-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm an expert on this and you must've replied tto make Freya say no I won't force it out of you, when you should've chosen, yes I want to hear.
Yeah, I believe I made this mistake. I read the BradyGames guide wrong and ended up pressing the wrong option. Oh well. I'm replaying FFIX currently, so I can pick the right choice this time. Thanks for the help everyone.

yuno
01-22-2006, 02:07 PM
i know this scene perfectly well.ashley is right.choose yes,i want to hear.

oh look,it's the scene where my sig came from.