PDA

View Full Version : Namco x Capcom

Burtuc
01-16-2006, 09:45 PM
HAs anyone out there actually played this? If so, how was it?

Also

IS there any chance that this game might be released in America?
I hope so, because it looks fun, and I want to see how all these characters from different worlds, co-op together.

Black Mage
01-16-2006, 10:03 PM
No and no.

Though I would like to see it come over, it won't.

Doomie
01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
I played Marvel vs. Capcom, and that game was pretty slick. I only took Marvel characters though (Wolverine and Spawn) because everyone knows how much Street Fighters sucks.

Dreddz
01-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Yes, This game was the reason why I started to import games.
Hmmmmmmmmm, Looked better on paper, I enjoyed it, but it was such a challenge trying to translate what was going on, I found a few guides, but It soon bored me. I got up to Chapter 15. OMG, those Black Valkyries were hard. If you like Namco you'll like it, if you like Capcom, you will like it. If You like both, you'll love the game.
I dont think it will be shipped over seas, just because this game has been out for quite a bit in the East, and they would of mentioned a little bit about an American release by now.

Erdrick Holmes
01-16-2006, 10:36 PM
FUCK YOU NAMCO FOR NOT RELEASING THIS GAME TO THE STATES. NAMCO SUCKS, FUCK THEM FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. I SOLD XENOSAGA BECAUSE OF THIS BECAUSE NAMCO SUCKS.

Capcom was planning on doing a translation for NTSC and PAL audiences but Namco and Monolith had their thumbs up their asses and said no.

Lionx
01-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Namco has bad advertising for some of their games and they dont release some games over here which is a disappointment because alot of their games are good. However this is a fan game, if you arent a fan you arent going to like it.

crashNUMBERS
01-17-2006, 12:45 AM
smurf YOU NAMCO FOR NOT RELEASING THIS GAME TO THE STATES. NAMCO SUCKS, smurf THEM smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf. I SOLD XENOSAGA BECAUSE OF THIS BECAUSE NAMCO SUCKS.

Capcom was planning on doing a translation for NTSC and PAL audiences but Namco and Monolith had their thumbs up their asses and said no.
XD Shut up!! It was capcom's bitting too!! Right?? They were part of it... Right?

BatChao
01-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I think one of the reasons it was never brought over is because it has too many characters that most US gamers won't recognize off the bat.

Lionx
01-17-2006, 12:47 AM
They were, however its like Capcom vs SNK 2, Capcom was the one pulling the strings, all SNK did was give them the rights to use their characters, and it was reversed when SNK vs Capcom Chaos came out. Whoever is in front is the one pulling all the decisions, the guy second is just letting the first guy use their characters.

EDIT: The characters are usually a non-issue, theres enough characters(namely Klonoa and Rockman Dash) from both sides to appeal to enough people. But i would think because it didnt go well there, it wont go well here or so they think.

Eventually fan-sites with information about the obscure characters will appear if it was released here and people might become interested in them. I feel its a bad move anyway..it was good advertisement of their games (and not JUST their fighting games like the other cross games).

Black Mage
01-17-2006, 01:06 AM
smurf YOU NAMCO FOR NOT RELEASING THIS GAME TO THE STATES. NAMCO SUCKS, smurf THEM smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf. I SOLD XENOSAGA BECAUSE OF THIS BECAUSE NAMCO SUCKS.

Source? That doesn't sound close to being true.

Erdrick Holmes
01-17-2006, 01:10 AM
I read it on the namcoxcapcom LJ community.

I had so much fun playing the Japanese version on my PS2. I nearly died of fanboy bliss when I seen the Ryu and Ken MA attack.