PDA

View Full Version : FFV on PS2

StormyV
01-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I was attempting to play FFV on my PS2 when I noticed the save screen was scrambled and failed to save.

I was just wondering if there is any way to avoid this, or is FFV not compatible with the PS2??

Thanks in advance

boys from the dwarf
01-17-2006, 07:28 AM
are you using a PS1 memory card because you cant save PS1 games on a PS2 memory card.

Shin Gouken
01-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Sometimes i will make a save and then go out for a while. When i come back, if i try to carry on from the save screen, the game will freeze up to 1-2 minutes. This happens everytime i leave the save screen up for extended periods of time (which is quite alot actually) and the length of time it freezes for directly relates to how long i have left the save screen up for. It always picks up though

Fatal Impurity
01-17-2006, 12:06 PM
that is wierd cos it never does that with my ps2 and my mum has thrown that about everywhere (one time she threw it with ff9 disk 2 in and the tray wouldnt open, i had to use a bloody screwdriver to open it :( ).....

StormyV
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
I forgot that you can't use a PS2 card with a PS1, but that was remedied when it wouldn't let me start a new game without one.

I used to keep my PS1 around in case I wanted to play FFV, but I don't have it with me (it's a lovely 400+ miles away).

I downloaded the translated SNES rom (shame on me, of course) but it's just not the saaaaaaaaaaame!

I'll give it another shot today, but I'm not too big on wasting time on a game that won't save.........that's bogus!

Cubster
02-01-2006, 06:22 PM
that is weird cos it never does that with my ps2 and my mum has thrown that about everywhere (one time she threw it with ff9 disk 2 in and the tray wouldnt open, i had to use a bloody screwdriver to open it :( ).....

No offense, but is your mum crazy??? :screwy: Why the hell would she chuck your PS2? Doesn't she realize she's breaking an around $200 piece of equipment? If she does it again, break one of her fine china and say its compensation! Or smash any of her music CD's that you don't like! "Youse smash muh PS2 youse pays da price!":cool:

Zeromus_X
02-01-2006, 10:11 PM
actually, ive heard of many instances where ffV doesnt work on ps2s. you can still navigate the menu, btw, you just wont see the arrow moving.

i have no clue why it would do this, maybe how the game was made?:confused: :choc2:

Rengori
02-01-2006, 11:04 PM
FFV works totally fine on my PS2. Maybe you just have crappy PS2s.

XxSephirothxX
02-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I've got the newest model of PS2 aside from the slimline one, and I've encountered the same problem. I don't think there's any way around it, but it only pops up sometimes. Just memorize the commands you need to go through to save--it's not hard, really, and you shouldn't encounter the glitch more than half the time you go to save, if it's anything like my experience.

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2006, 12:40 AM
(one time she threw it with ff9 disk 2 in and the tray wouldnt open, i had to use a bloody screwdriver to open it :( ).....

I sense a new Olympic sport.

Shin Gouken
02-02-2006, 06:24 AM
I ordered the new series of family guy from america and dvds from there will only work on a region 2 dvd player. For that reason, they wouldnt work on my ps2 because its a region 1 ps2. If you bought your ps2 from a region 1/2/3 area and your game from a different region to your ps2 that might explain why it has problems. Of course i could be way off track, dvds are not games and games ive ordered from abroad have always worked fine. Just thinkin outside the box :greenie:

ShivaBlizzard8
02-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Final Fantasy Anthology (aka ff5) was one of the handful of games which Sony said were NOT compatible with the PS2 when it came out. So I'd suggest leaving it on the PS1, or you might mess up your machine.

Rengori
02-05-2006, 04:22 AM
I ordered the new series of family guy from america and dvds from there will only work on a region 2 dvd player. For that reason, they wouldnt work on my ps2 because its a region 1 ps2. If you bought your ps2 from a region 1/2/3 area and your game from a different region to your ps2 that might explain why it has problems. Of course i could be way off track, dvds are not games and games ive ordered from abroad have always worked fine. Just thinkin outside the box PS1 games are on CD, PS2 are on DVD, so I don't think region would have much to do with it.

Dreddz
02-05-2006, 09:33 AM
My FFA works fine on my PS2, so does every PS1 disc, even Imports.
I'd say that something of yours is broken.

charchar
02-05-2006, 04:03 PM
yeah, i have the slimline one, and ff5 works fine on it, the only downside is the designers neglected to INCLUDE A FAN so i can't play for hours an hours on end or i fry the system... which i can't afford to do, for reasons i will see about making a new thread on in... some other forum.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
02-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Final Fantasy Anthology (aka ff5) was one of the handful of games which Sony said were NOT compatible with the PS2 when it came out. So I'd suggest leaving it on the PS1, or you might mess up your machine.

Really, where? and why?

Jowy
02-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Sony said it upon the system's launch. I've seen FFV do weirder things in my PS2 that nobody will ever believe me about.

02-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Butz was nude!

Jowy
02-07-2006, 04:59 AM
Actually, crashing when getting on the boat at the beginning, going to a grey screen of nothing for ten seconds, appearing on Crescent Island about to catch the Black Chocobo, grabbing it, and recieving my Bard and Hunter jobs before beating the Wind Shrine.

02-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Umm... no nudity! :'(

Xaven
02-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. And I couldn't agree more.

yeah, i have the slimline one, and ff5 works fine on it, the only downside is the designers neglected to INCLUDE A FAN so i can't play for hours an hours on end or i fry the system... which i can't afford to do, for reasons i will see about making a new thread on in... some other forum.
Hm... how 'bout an external fan?

Rengori
02-08-2006, 10:51 PM
External fans suck.

Gnostic Yevon
02-09-2006, 01:55 AM
I've never had any trouble with FFV or VI on ps2.

And I aways thought you got Bard and another job at cresent. Is it different for the SNES ver?

UltimateSpamGrover
02-09-2006, 06:55 AM
I have that problem when it went to the save screen, I just memorized the commands and went on with my business.

Slothy
02-09-2006, 11:44 PM
The save screen glitching is common. You can either memorize the commands to save, or just keep exiting and entering the save menu and it will eventually appear normally. It will in no way harm your PS2, and shouldn't affect your ability to save at all. If it actually were a harmful glitch, I'd be screwed given that I've spent more hours playing FFV on my PS2 than I ever did on the PSX. Don't worry about it.