PDA

View Full Version : Help with Safer. Sephiroth . . .

Ansem/Sephy
01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
LOL i know this is like my fourth "help me, please!" kinda thread . . . but on the bright side . . . after this . . . it will be my last, right? hahaha anyway . . . i can take on Jenova Synthesis with ease and BIZZARO is pretty **** easy too . . . soooooooooooo . . . i need advice for Safer . . . and first off . . . im too lazy to level up . . . so try and make good use of my stats . . .

Cloud is LV 48 and has HP of 4290 somethin . . . he has the HP Plus Materia . . . Counter Attack, MP Plus, Restore (Cure, Cure2, Cure3 and Regen . . .), Revive and that Mega All MAteria thing thats rly handy against BS and JS . . .

I also have Vincent with DB, MP Plus, and two Enemy Skills with . . . Beta, Aqualung, Trine, Big Guard and Matron Magic . . . his HP is around 3000 i think . . .

and Cid . . . around 2900 HP . . . with Neo Bahamut and Kjata . . . MP Plusx3 . . .

Anyway . . . Cid and Vincent like to die in Safer's battle and im outta Phoenix Downs and plan to go buy . . . some . . . LOL i just realised i coulda used Life in my last try . . . anyway any help would be appriciated . . . i dont have KotR or Bahamut ZERO (i put in the right code for him . . . i dunno y hes not mine . . .) and i rly just want to beat this game hahaha so . . . i dont plan on getting KotR, Omnislash or Apocolypse (i might fold on Apocolypse just b/c im not sure how to get it . . .) so . . . whadda ya say????

Noj_R
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
Ok, my guys were worst than your guys when I beat him. Debarrier is essential in defeating him, it negates Sephiroth's wall defense making him vulnerable again.

Make your weakest guy ( Cid ) " the healer ", and attach cure3 to your all materia. Heal when our guys get low hp ( not too low ). Attack with Cloud ( limit breaks are good ) normally. Vincent should attack normally and use the good enemy skills.

The most important things to remember are these:

1. Cast Debarrier on Sephiroth when he casts wall ( this is most important )

2. Use up your summons when wall is down ( especially bahamut )

3. Attack normally and use limit breaks when wall is down

4. And finally keep your guys healed with all + cure3 and items like elixers ( second most important ), heal while you wait for Debarrier to negate wall...

I hope those tips help, Safer Sephiroth isnt that hard, youll defeat him eventually. :) Just keep your guys healed and cast debarrier. Also plan your next move while his meteor attack ( the super long mathematical one ) video plays.

chronic_Maniac
01-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Yeah use limit breaks as soon as they come to you. Heal each time 2 or more is hurt past 1500 hp. use any megalixers you got but make sure you have some after he casts supernova on you. This is the final battle so even if you like megalixers there is no way to save after this so you will always have them in your saved file. Use all powerful summons. Comet2 ultima things like that. Do what was said before with despell. Take down that wall he will usally cast. Oh also in the bery start cast regen on your party.

Shin Gouken
01-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Nobody has mentioned yet (but you probabley know anyway) It's important to debarrier sephiroth but also you will need to put up Barrier and especially Mbarrier on your party. Barrier will decrease physical damage to your party by 50% and Mbarrier will decrease magic damage to your party by 50%. This is incredibley important seeing as you have a low HP. Also, sephiroth will be much faster than you and attack twice for your every attack. Cast haste on all party members to match his speed.

If you learned Big gaurd/Gaurdian, It will cast Barrier, Mbarrier and haste on your entire party in one turn :) If you didn't learn it, Use an all materia so you can cast Mbarrier on your party, and another all materia (or your master all) so you can cast haste on your entire party.

Neco Arc
01-17-2006, 09:05 AM
you probably need some ribbons so as to not suffer the status effects of super nova...

Cruise Control
01-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah, Ribbons, maybe give cid a life-all, and if you can cast comet2 8 times, after loading up with Magic Plus.

Seto Fett
01-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Blast, this may be a little difficult with your stats. Your characters are pretty low to fighting him actually, and I'm amazed you've gone this far. Don't get me wrong, I'm not insulting you, just making a statement. Well, let's see...an effective way to take down Safer with your stats..hmm

-Distribute your two Enemy Skills equally among two characters. Preferably, your best Enemy Skill with the character that has the most HP, in your case, Cloud. The other Enemy Skill to Vincent as well.

-Stack Cloud with the HP Plus, Restore, Mega All, MP Plus and Revive Materias. Owing to he's the strongest you got, you'll have to make him the healer as he's the only one that seems to be able to survive longest. Alternate between healing, reviving, and casting Big Guard when necessary. How you're surviving Shadow Flare and Super Nova stumps me, as those attacks have always hit 5000+ on me. Must be because of your levels...

-Give Vincent the Counter Materia. It's been awhile, so I'm not sure whether Vincent can even counter, but if he can, he's the only one considering he uses long range attacks.

-Make Vincent your primary fighter along with Cid. Have Vincent uses his Enemy Skills and whatever other magic/skills you have but failed to mention. You said you had DB, which I presume is Debarrier. In this case, give this to Vincent BUT only use Debarrier on Safer. Casting Barrier and MBarrier is wasting turns, and casting Wall is too much MP. Leave Cloud to protecting everyone with Barriers, as he has Big Guard. Trust me, I fight him everytime with Big Guard, and don't even think of Wall.

-Give Cid the MP X3 and give him your summons. If Kjata and Neo are the only good ones you have, leave it at that, as Ifrit, Choco Mog, and summons like them are realatively ineffective against Safer. Just remember not to give Cid too much summons, as they are a big HP leach.

So basically, you'll have Cloud healing, reviving, and casting Big Guard when needed while Vincent pounds Safer with whatever magic and Enemy Skills he has. Cid will act as your summoner, by summoning Neo and Kjata that will hopefully contribute a good amount of damage. I am no personal fan of Kjata and never use him, but if that's the best you got besides Neo, go for it. Also, Safer does use Shadow Flare, so providing Cloud survives it, he will learn it immediately. You could use it on Safer, as it's a great attack, but be absolurely sure your characters are in goof shape. With such attacks as the Pale Horse, Super Nova, and Shadoe Flare though, I'll doubt you'll have much opportunities to do so.

Of course, remember to Debarrier Safer whenever he casts it and have Cloud recast Big Guard if he removes it from your guys. Use Limits efficently, but don't use Vincent's, as he will be of no use to uncontrollable. Also, don't immediately use them if you're in a bit of a situation, like put healing and reviving and other supportive actions before them as next turn you may regret it if Safer hits you good. Other than that, I have no other ideas and wish you luck with this and hope you beat the game.

Ansem/Sephy
01-17-2006, 09:40 PM
thanks . . . no, i dont have Debarrier . . . i have Deathblow . . . uh . . . oh yeah! i always kept a Counter on Cloud, considering he does the most damage . . . other than that . . . ur suggestions for Cloud are nearly identical to wat they r now . . .

lol yeah . . . he used Shadow Flare on Vincent while he had like 500 HP left . . . and right b4 he died it was like "learned ES" & im like YAY! and then he drops dead . . .

Thanks for all the advice . . . i hope to get more still . . . but i have HW to do and will try Safer again later . . .

Seto Fett
01-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, the reason I didn't recommend Counter on Cloud as I thought regular physical attacks couldn't work on Safer Sephiroth due to he's out of range. If you can attack with Cloud, then go right ahead and put Counter on him. As for Deathblow, I'd just go with Cid or Vincent. Maybe Cid since he should have something to do besides summons, plus this is good insurance if he runs out of MP. IF Cid can even reach Safer that is.. It's just been a few months since I've fought Safer and I thought he was out of range when you tried physical attacks...Ah, good luck man, with the fight and the equally challenging homework. ;)

Ansem/Sephy
01-18-2006, 03:15 AM
lol thanks

?????
01-18-2006, 04:24 AM
First, speak goddamn English.

Second, the cheap way: use the W-Item trick to give yourself 99 Megalixirs.

Third, the honest way: put Ribbons and ultimate weapons on everyone, Mystiles on as many as you can, and get every limit break. It doesn't take that much time to get Omnislash; if you select the correct handicaps, it can take as little as three rounds to get the 32,000 points required to buy it. In order to accomplish this, press the Square button to stop the reel; press X when the choice immediately after the one you want has left the center of the reel and you should get it. With a Ribbon equipped, the majority of status effects will be nulled. Try to avoid getting Level Down, Break Accessory, and Seal Items, and if it's available, ALWAYS select Break All Materia in the last round, as doing so will net you 10,000 BP (if you select it earlier, it won't give you as many BP). If not, select Break Magic Materia, as it gives you about 9500 BP in the last round.

Since you don't have KOTR and nobody's at level 99, Safer Sephiroth will only have around 80,000 HP, which means a few attacks plus an Omnislash will do him in. Use a Megalixir immediately after you beat Bizarro Sephiroth, and then start smashing his face with regular attacks. Your Ribbons and remaining Megalixirs will protect you from Supernova, and Cloud should have taken enough damage to perform Omnislash in only a few turns. All you have to do is keep him alive long enough to use it and Sephy's a goner.

starseeker
01-18-2006, 06:53 PM
I just had one character (cloud) nuke him with ultima paired with mp absorb, my second character had the enemy skill shadow flare (ultima weapon) and they used that, my third character healed and had debarrier. I would really take the time to learn those skills, they were the main ones I used.
I didn't have omnislash when I did this and I don't remember using KOTR.

Ansem/Sephy
01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
thanks both of you . . . if Omnislash is rly that easy to get . . . I'll get it right after Safer kills me this time . . . lol im about to face him again. Also, I'll move some minor Materia to give cloud a good ES . . . that way I can get Shadow Flare . . . I think considering how cool a battle this is . . . some new moves would do some good . . . at least it's a more balanced fight that way . . .

lol he has sooooooooo many HP. when i looked in my WT and it said 80,000+ and realised how powerful he was i was like o my God! lol luckily i have tons of elixers and megalixers cause Jenova and BIZZARO never gave me all that much trouble . . . but can someone explain the W-Item trick?? i have W-Magic I think but i dont have a W-Item

Oh and one question about Omnislash: do you have to be at LV 4 Limit Breaks to equip it??? I'm only up to Climhazzard . . . I've had it for a while but I dont think Im even at LV 3 with LBs . . .

Zeromus_X
01-18-2006, 10:16 PM
the w-item materia was at the opposite end of the train tunnel in midgar when you went to stop hojo (the way everyone told you not to go). if you didnt get it then, there is no way to get it now ever. (besides cheating...)

the trick: use w-item. use one item, then select a target for the second item. then cancel. you will have one more of the first item. repeat until you have as many of the first item as you want:love:

as for the limit breaks, im no expert on that. perhaps someone else can tell you. :cat:

someone made a thread asking for help in the battle arena, but im not sure where exactly it is now in the ffvii section...but it would help you in getting omnislash.

(and yes, with a hero drink, even at your level, omnislash could very well take out Sephiroth in one use. ultima weapon would help alot though.)

oh yeah, and dont worry about supernova. it cant actually kill you. though it will put alot of status effects and take down some 95% of your current hp...naturally, recovery would be in order.

TheSpoonyBard
01-18-2006, 10:29 PM
W-Item can be uncovered in Bone Village on disc 3 if you missed it at the end of disc 2.

Limits work like this. Use Lv1 limits to learn Lv2 limits, and kill enemies to learn Lv1 limits.

?????
01-19-2006, 04:59 AM
I still don't have W-Magic and I've beaten the game repeatedly. Where the hell is it?

Fire_Emblem776
01-19-2006, 05:31 AM
Yeah, the reason I didn't recommend Counter on Cloud as I thought regular physical attacks couldn't work on Safer Sephiroth due to he's out of range.

unless you got the ultima weapon..

Shin Gouken
01-19-2006, 08:37 AM
I still don't have W-Magic and I've beaten the game repeatedly. Where the hell is it?

Ive never found it either. But i know its in the nothen crater. I think i remember someone saying its in a swamp area where the magic pots and movers appear

chronic_Maniac
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
When you take the path that has the magic potsand you get out of the swamp area and you see this big beaming light in the bottom of the area go and examine around it for the w-magic.

Limit breaks work like this
learning the second limit breaks on a level requires you to use the first one 8 times. Then to move from the second to a new level requires you to defeat 80 enemies with that character.

If you just want to finish the game you will be able to see omnislash no matter what.... unless you are a wimp and let sephiroth hit you LOL

Seto Fett
01-19-2006, 05:44 PM
unless you got the ultima weapon..
You mean Ultima can reach him? I thought it didn't matter what weapons you had...Haha, it's been about three months since I've fought the guy, I never knew this. Thanks for that. :D

Shin Gouken
01-19-2006, 06:12 PM
When you take the path that has the magic potsand you get out of the swamp area and you see this big beaming light in the bottom of the area go and examine around it for the w-magic.

Limit breaks work like this
learning the second limit breaks on a level requires you to use the first one 8 times. Then to move from the second to a new level requires you to defeat 80 enemies with that character.

If you just want to finish the game you will be able to see omnislash no matter what.... unless you are a wimp and let sephiroth hit you LOL

i am 100% certain that the materia i picked up from the light was not W-magic

9999 master
01-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Do you guys know about the 2X cut materia? If you dont you should go get it, it will make the battle much easier. Thats what I had when I first beat him.

starseeker
01-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Isn't there a 4X cut materia?

TheSpoonyBard
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
The materia is called Double Cut. Lv1 is 2x-Cut, Lv2 is 4x-Cut.

Earith
01-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Okay, easiest materia combo that takes the game. Finishing move with Pheonix summon. PERFECT!!! You can win any battle with just that, unless the character twith that were to be thrown out of the battle, or you had reflect on... or you were fighting a fire imune monster. Then worry. :D

TheSpoonyBard
01-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Phoenix isn't reflectable, and if the enemy was immune to Fire it wouldn't matter you could use other attacks to damage it. It would only be a problem if the enemy absorbed Fire, but the chances are you'd be able to damage it enough to make the HP recovery negligible.

hieric
01-22-2006, 02:13 AM
all i used was 2 materia. its soo simple.

w-summon and nights of the round.

one summon kills him.

that is all i used for all the final bosses but i used elixers to heal my guy's mp and that just bout all u have to do.

lol it's that simple

hieric
01-22-2006, 02:16 AM
oh sry i just read the first post and noticed u dont have knight of the round table.

an alternative is bahumat zero and quadra magic

hieric
01-22-2006, 02:17 AM
omg im such an idiot. i just reread it again and u dont have bahamut zero. lol.

just get out of the crater and get one of those or ull have a really hard time

Ansem/Sephy
01-22-2006, 03:10 AM
k . . . i didnt know if i was up for the Chocobo Breeding sidequest . . . so i think ill just get Omnislash and/or LV up instead of getting KotR.

Rengori
01-22-2006, 07:02 AM
If you need to get LV 3 limit breaks, direct your browser here (http://www.eternal-legend.com/ffvii/limits/cloud.shtml).