PDA

View Full Version : biggest 'loss' in FFT

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Is there a battle anyone emerged victoriouse, but lost really good units to death? Grieve over your biggest 'loss' here.

I remember I ended up fighting nothing but black and red chocobos. I lost all but 1 unit. In one fight, I lost Cloud, Orlandu, and 2 recruits that were level 99. Only my monk, Ramza, survived...It is my single biggest FFT loss ever.

Tempest
01-17-2006, 01:58 AM
I try really hard not to lose a unit forever. I only let it happen once. The most difficult battle I've had though was the first time I fought Velius and the last battle with Balk because my guys were on low levels.

Rogue
01-17-2006, 02:30 AM
the end was my biggest loss it sucked

Angel of Death
01-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Generally when one of my favored units crystalizes I just reset. :rolleyes2

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 08:10 AM
I u sually do that too, when it is someone I like. But this was my 'screw around file' as i already beat it (the game) once, and on that particular file, I had but one place to go...so I made it my screw around file. What I like to do is create a list of all my chars in that file, including the date they joined. When one dies, I don't reset it, I let it go, and write down the death date, sort of like a graveyard.

Too much, ya think? :choc:

Angel of Death
01-17-2006, 11:18 PM
So if Ramza crystalizes or you just generally get a game over do you delete the file and any other files related to it?

FinalCetra
01-18-2006, 08:29 AM
If Ramza dies, you automatically get a game over. I never delete that file, it is a just for fun file, so I have no need to delete it. When a char dies, I recruit another one into my party. Of course, with irreplacable ones, such as Orlandu, I do miss them, but I don't reset it.

Angel of Death
01-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Yes, but there are ways to lose other than Ramza crystalizing. Like Petrification. :rolleyes2

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 07:49 AM
If Ramza is petrified, you get a game over? That's never happened to me before, I didn't know that.

And no, I don't delete the file if Ramza dies, just if any of the other units die. I rarely even have him accompany me into battle. I always use Orlandu and 4 of my other units.

MogThief
01-19-2006, 04:24 PM
I've never had a "big loss" before in FFT. If it does happen, I'm hitting that reset button!

FinalCetra
01-20-2006, 02:01 AM
lol, I do that in my other files, but that one is strictly for my own twisted amusment :D

Tempest
01-20-2006, 02:20 AM
If Ramza is petrified, you get a game over? That's never happened to me before, I didn't know that.
No, you don't get a game over if Ramza is petrified. Only if he crystalizes or all the party members are dead or petrified do you get a game over.

FinalCetra
01-20-2006, 02:38 AM
Ohh, okay, that makes more sence!

Angel of Death
01-20-2006, 06:27 AM
So yeah. In essence you could lose if Ramza is Petrified, and everybody else is Dead/Petrified/Whatever Counts As Permenent Disability And Cannot Be Cured Due To The Inability To Take Action

Tempest
01-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Um, yeah. I mean you can't get a Game Over with just Ramza petrified.

Flying Mullet
01-20-2006, 10:49 PM
No loss in FFT has ever been big for me because I always save after every battle. So if one battle goes bad I just reset.

Angel of Death
01-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Um, yeah. I mean you can't get a Game Over with just Ramza petrified.

So like, yeah... I was just making sure I'd clarify that for the other guy. ;)

Tempest
01-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Okay. :)

No loss in FFT has ever been big for me because I always save after every battle. So if one battle goes bad I just reset.
Same here. Remembering having to do that one time in End in Deep Dungeon when there was nothing but Red Dragons and Hydra's and picking crappy characters. Not to smart.

Angel of Death
01-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, going bad is a relative term. For me, if somebody crystalizes, it's bad. If there is just an assortment of trouble with a few people down but not crystalized, I play it out if it looks like there's a chance (Even if slight) I may win. Would this be the case for you?

FinalCetra
01-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Oh hell yes! If there is even the remotest chance of winning, I play it out!

Ziekfried
01-25-2006, 10:24 PM
YO! For sure play to most bitter of ends is what I always do. But I lost My Knight/Lancer Gordon a generic charcter but one of my favorites. I tend to get attached to my crew because I make sure I use only the most select characters from the beginning of the game. High brave, faith, HP, MP, AT, and MA at the lowest LV. are what I look for.

Dark Messenger
01-26-2006, 03:17 PM
I usually reset when someone crystallizes. Whenever I get Orlandu, he never dies. Except for one time when I made him use Night Sword on a Bone Snatch. I was fooling around and the battle was almost over anyway, so I decided to see if Orlandu would actually kill himself. I only expected him to lose at least half his HP.

yuno
01-26-2006, 04:18 PM
when someone in my party dies,it's actually when things get exciting.especially when the dead character is simply too far from my white mage,monk or chemist.i stop,think awhile and look for strategies to put that person back to life.if i was able to revive him/her easily,then it is no big deal.but sometimes,things get worse,and a carefully planned strategy is needed.in those times,the countdown actually reaches zero.and then i revive the guy.so close...

nd yes,if someone crystallizes,i reset.i dont want that to happen.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 06:58 PM
when someone in my party dies,it's actually when things get exciting.

lol.

Crossblades
01-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I never had a big loss in FFT. Wait, I lost a Ninja but I got an even better Ninja

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 07:24 PM
the big loss was when i gave up. lol.

Crossblades
01-26-2006, 07:26 PM
One should never give up when playing video games

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 07:26 PM
except when one breaks the psx from frustration, and has to buy a new one.

Crossblades
01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
That's not cool. Control the game, don't let it control you:p