PDA

View Full Version : I keep hearing FFXI is only for 360 on the next Gen. Consoles :(

AnimeAngel77
01-17-2006, 08:05 AM
I want to see it come to PS3. I keep hearing its only for Xbox 360 now after the Ps2 ver dies and PC. :( I own the Ps2 Ver. and I wanna see it on the PS3 :(
I wish there was some one that had good info on FFXI that it might be on Ps3.

Lionx
01-17-2006, 10:02 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77252

That being said there is no plans for PS3 at the moment, so hope PS3 can play PS2 games fine and have a HDD.

Yeargdribble
01-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I personally wish they would slowly phase out the PS2 fanbase and force them to switch to 360 or PC. No offense but the PS2 version is holding us all back.

Limitations in the way the PS2 processses stuff is why They can't add further Mog House upgrades. It's also the reason it's so difficult for them to add much more in the way of different looking new gears and more detailed graphics.

Granted I don't think SE will straight up pull the plug as that would be a bad thing from a business perspective. However, they are making the game less and less available for PS2. You basically can no longer get a CoP for the PS2. Also the old HDD'able PS2s are dying out. We'll know the fate of it pretty definately when Aht Urhgan comes out. If they don't release a PS2 version then PS2 users will get pissed and be forced to move on.

This would be a very abrupt upset to the usebase I would think but I doubt any of the longer term hardcore players will say "I quit" in the even that it does happen. They will just move to 360 or PC.

Fatal Impurity
01-17-2006, 02:06 PM
your probably right there....i have a ps2 and gamecube but the reason i didnt get a xbox instead (there are miles better) is because of one thing: ff10! and in someways im still regretting it today...