PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II

Devourment
01-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Since when I got my first P.C. for my 18th this was the first game I bought since then it only had a 32Mb in built graphics card. But now I have a nice 128Mb. :p

Anyways, this game's a bitch! I'm at the Halls of the Dead Level 2 so far, ['cause I've not had that much time to be playing it, but it's great!] It's not hard yet, but I imagine it will get harder in the 3rd Chapter.

So, who has this game & what do you think of it?

Markus. D
01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
ummm, shouldnt this game be in general gaming?

I sorta like Diablo II, but I have an urge to play R.O.S.E online :)

Madame Adequate
01-17-2006, 01:14 PM
D2 is stupidly additive. I mean, I've been thinking of reinstalling it. In this day and age! With all my WoW and Battlefield 2 and Civ 4 and Soul Calibur III!

But God yeah, that game kicks ass. One of the classics, fo' sho'. And it ably shows how repetitive stuff can be fun, almost as much as Dynasty Warriors does.

Markus. D
01-17-2006, 01:19 PM
if we all install, I will play a game with you guys, we can be zee pwning eoff team.

depends what server we are on though...

Epiphany
01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Tchh. I so made this topic already, but..it's a good game, addictive and fun. It gets repetitive to hell though.

Flying Mullet
01-17-2006, 02:38 PM
I enjoy it from time to time.

Zante
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Its stupid, repetitive and pointless, but for some unknown reasons fun nontheless. I still play it from time to time.

Epiphany
01-17-2006, 03:30 PM
if we all install, I will play a game with you guys, we can be zee pwning eoff team.

depends what server we are on though...

I've mine installed and have no qualms with creating a new chara to play with other EoFFers. I want a new cold sorc anyway.

SinSpawnAmadeus
01-17-2006, 05:45 PM
I really must buy this game some time. I borrowed it for a week once, only got up Act II and continually had my ass handed to me in the Sanctuary.

It was a pretty awesome game though.

escobert
01-17-2006, 05:49 PM
D2 is stupidly additive. I mean, I've been thinking of reinstalling it. In this day and age! With all my WoW and Battlefield 2 and Civ 4 and Soul Calibur III!

But God yeah, that game kicks ass. One of the classics, fo' sho'. And it ably shows how repetitive stuff can be fun, almost as much as Dynasty Warriors does.
agreed. I can play this game forever.

Captain Maxx Power
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
O there's more. So much more. I recommend you start here. (http://www.d2mods.com)

Lindy
01-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Tchh. I so made this topic already, but..it's a good game, addictive and fun. It gets repetitive to hell though.
HAHA PUN.

Wolf Druid > Everyone

Feral Rage = Insane run speed and attack rating boost
Hunger = Infinite Health and Mana
Fury = loldedmobgroupz

Run fast, attack fast, never miss, never die.

So awesome.

Markus. D
01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
so uber..... another thing I remorse towards this game.

so, what server we gonna start on? *hopes for europe*

Epiphany
01-17-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm up for anything but I'm assuming most of you already have charas on Europe, so you wouldn't really have to start over. XD

Markus. D
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
But I wanna :(

Lindy
01-17-2006, 11:33 PM
TCP/IP FTW!

Epiphany
01-17-2006, 11:41 PM
That'd work. Perhaps we should see who all's up for it and work out a time or something.

Markus. D
01-18-2006, 12:14 AM
then we have the options of being H4zxx0rz

Epiphany
01-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Maybe but hopefully the people that are up for it aren't also huge twats.

Markus. D
01-18-2006, 12:36 AM
start now?

Lindy
01-18-2006, 01:06 AM
I already have a level 40 Wolf Druid up to Worldstone Keep 2 ready for TCP/IP, but that'd be useless.

And you'd have to prise me away from WoW.

Hawkeye
01-18-2006, 01:07 AM
Isnt this game like 10 years old?

eestlinc
01-18-2006, 02:18 AM
really only 5 or 6 years old.

Lindy
01-18-2006, 03:04 AM
Haha, my D2 box says 2002-03, and my Lord of Destruction box says 2001.

Expansion came out before the original? I blame these cheap re-releases.

?????
01-18-2006, 03:48 AM
It's a testament to Blizzard's phenomenal support that this game is still being widely played five years after its release. However, I'm not particularly interested in playing it again.

Giga Guess
01-18-2006, 04:25 AM
One o' these days I'm gonna download D2 onto this computer and get together with y'all. I Love Druid or Pally, so I'd imagine I'd probably be a welcome addition, eh?

Markus. D
01-18-2006, 05:27 AM
if your gonna be a druid, no elemental spells are reccomended (all show no damage).

Pally is awesome if its not selfless (muuuuust havvvveeee aurrrrraaaaass)

:)

escobert
01-18-2006, 05:29 AM
*caugh* melee/golemmancer *caugh*

Markus. D
01-18-2006, 08:30 AM
more like.... Trapmancer/ShadowMasterer.

no really, traps are misunderstood, the final traps are by far the most uberistic things in the world (ie. corpse explosions and throwing stars etc.)

Madame Adequate
01-18-2006, 10:52 AM
O there's more. So much more. I recommend you start here. (http://www.d2mods.com)

It didn't even occur to me that there would BE D2 mods.

*Voracity*

Also: Pastamancer ftw.

Kossage
01-18-2006, 11:16 AM
I have Diablo 2, and I still like it. The game is quite addicting and makes you play through the game with all the character classes to find out their strengths and weaknesses. The numerous items also makes the inner collector within you drool as there are many combinations, and thanks to Lord of Destruction there are even more items and runic words and whatnot to find out. The music itself stays in the background most of the time, but occasionally the score really shines (especially in Lord of Destruction where it gets quite epic). The acting is good, the graphics still look quite nice, the cutscenes are very good, and of course the story itself is interesting with many references to the first game. And then there's the multiplayer experience, of course. Teaming up with different characters and going out there fighting monsters is fun. All in all Diablo 2 is a really nice game with which you can spend hours and hours. :)

Devourment
01-18-2006, 02:32 PM
I was very nearly falling asleep the other day when I made this thread the other day.. try staying up 'til 4:30 in the morning...

D2 is stupidly additive. I mean, I've been thinking of reinstalling it. In this day and age! With all my WoW and Battlefield 2 and Civ 4 and Soul Calibur III!Come on, classic games have their rightful place just as good new games do! You should get yourself an emulator & you'll realise the fun! Unless you already havce one..

Its stupid, repetitive and pointless, but for some unknown reasons fun nontheless. I still play it from time to time.But isn't FF repetitive?

Madame Adequate
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
I was very nearly falling asleep the other day when I made this thread the other day.. try staying up 'til 4:30 in the morning...

I did that last night, I was playing WoW.

Come on, classic games have their rightful place just as good new games do! You should get yourself an emulator & you'll realise the fun! Unless you already havce one..

I have three. :p

But isn't FF repetitive?

I can't think of a single videogame that isn't, but Diablo 2, Dynasty Warriors, and things of that nature are often emphatically more repetetive than things where even just the story changes (Like most RPGs.).

It's possible strategy games qualify as less repetetive, most especially against Human opponents.

Markus. D
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
I get what he mean by repetitive.

you spam the same technique, occasionally mashing the potion button.

yuno
01-23-2006, 07:11 AM
diablo 2 is great.well,blizzard is great overall.who can forget starcraft and warcraft?

sorc=the best.especially at high levels.especially when she has all of tal rasha's wrappings equipped.static field rocks!!!

Reine
01-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes, every game that Blizzard makes nowadays is always a sucess xD

I have Diablo 2, not online though, and yes, I get tempted to reinstall it every so often. My main character is an Assassin, and they absolutley rock. Theres only one boss that I always have trouble with, Duriel