PDA

View Full Version : If you were to enter your favourite game world...

Shaun
01-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Okay, so let's think of a scenario here. After John Carmack builds a spaceship, he decides to use his remaining money to create the ultimate virtual reality machine. You have the choice to go to ANY game world you want to. As most of you already have Final Fantasy in mind, make choice one a Final Fantasy game, and choice two, a different game. Also, explain why.

Choice one: I'd go to the world of Final Fantasy VIII and train to be an elite mercenary SeeD. I'd travel the world and help people, and carry around a kickass sword. And preferably, I'd be at Balamb Garden.

Choice two: I'm not 100% sure about my number one choice for a different video game, but - whilst dangerous - I think it'd be interesting to be in Half-Life 2's Citadel, and join the resistance. Then I'd be joining force with aliens, and kicking bad guys' asses.

How about you?

Dreddz
01-17-2006, 05:51 PM
FFVII for the first choice
And Xenogears.

RPG's are the only games that I feel have a world worth living in, most other games are just halls of buildings.

Jebus
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Choice 1: Suikoden. I'd fight in the Toran Liberation army, and then if I was in it for three more years, I'd fight in the Dunan Unification army, and it'd be cool.

Choice 2: Probably Xenogears. *nods*

Shaun
01-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Choice one was supposed to be a Final Fantasy game, but if you're not bothered about that, then feel free to use both choices for games outside of Final Fantasy. ;P

Madame Adequate
01-17-2006, 06:03 PM
1) An FF game? Eh, I guess VII, and I'd hang around in the Midgar slums. Maybe X and be a crazy Lulu/Paine stalker.

2) Suikoden! Like Jebus I'd want to fight in both the Toran Liberation and Dunan Unification armies, but if I could only have one time period, then Dunan. And I'd be a crazy Jeane stalker.

escobert
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics. I love the medivalness :D
Guild Wars. Love the colors and such a beutiful world. And I could kill charr all day :D

KentaRawr!
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Well, I wouldn't really want to be in an FF world. o.o

I suppose I would want to be in Ocarina of Time's world. The Young-Link one, anyway.

As my second choice, the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. (Light world) I like Kakariko Town. o.o

mooglebunni608
01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
choice one would hafta be the world of FF IX.
Choice two would be the world of Pong xD
not really.
Choice two would be the worlds of Kingdom hearts.

~SapphireStar~
01-17-2006, 09:13 PM
I'd go to the world of Final Fantasy VIII and train to be an elite mercenary SeeD. I'd travel the world and help people, and carry around a kickass sword. And preferably, I'd be at Balamb Garden.
That would be my first choice.

Suikoden. I'd fight in the Toran Liberation army, and then if I was in it for three more years, I'd fight in the Dunan Unification army, and it'd be cool.
This would be my second choice ... If only *stares off into space*

Madame Adequate
01-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Third would be WoW. I'd be a Tauren. =)

Yuffie514
01-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Choice One: Final Fantasy XI
everybody wants to escape to some kind of reality. just being able to help out others, learn magic, and fight monsters. it could be any Final Fantasy world, but i choose Vana'diel for its unique style.

Choice Two: Tenchu
it's the ninja love. what is death? ...anyone you see dressed in black, lol. the ninjas rule feudal Japan. move like like a shadow, strike like a snake.

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 10:45 AM
For choice 1, I would choose the world of FFVII, and I would join SOLDIER. Then I would get to meet Sephiroth. Later, I would betray the Shinra, and join AVELANCHE. Or I might just hang out at the slums hoping to meet Aeris ^_^. I love the world of FFVII slightly more than I do FFX.

For choice 2...That is a hard one. I would have to say Star Ocean 3, the place where Fayte and Cliff crashland. I can't remember the name of the place, but I love how old-fashioned it is. A mideaval planet in a sci-fi game. how awesome is that?

Project G
01-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Choice 1: FFTA - that would be great!

Choice 2: FFVIII - That would also be great

Epiphany
01-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I'd go to the world of Final Fantasy VIII and train to be an elite mercenary SeeD. I'd travel the world and help people, and carry around a kickass sword. And preferably, I'd be at Balamb Garden.

Suikoden. I'd fight in the Toran Liberation army, and then if I was in it for three more years, I'd fight in the Dunan Unification army, and it'd be cool.

If I entered any of my other favourite game realms, I'd be eaten by something 4 times my size.

Mythra
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
First Choice: Would have to be Final Fantasy X.
Second Choice: WoW. Even though I don't play it anymore, still the landscapes are amazing, and being able to be a warlock or mage would rock

Rusty
01-19-2006, 02:40 PM
First choice:

FFVIII - Being a SeeD looks good.

Second Choice:

I was going to say Gran Turismo, but don't know if it counts.

DK
01-19-2006, 02:42 PM
I'd go to planet Mobius and chill out with Sonic and Tails.

Edit: Uh, for FF, I dunno. VII, and then i'd go Gold Saucer and Nail Yuffie. :D

Markus. D
01-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I wouldnt mind making a home in Spira.

I'd become a blitzball player... just to learn how to hold ma breath that long.

and ovcourse, see the sites, etc....

choice 2: Hogwarts academy of witchcraft and wizardy.
how could you not!
I'd attempt to learn quittage (spelt right?) and study hard enough to become a prefect so can get an extra credit ummm... do stuff..

Shaun
01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I'd become a blitzball player... just to learn how to hold ma breath that long.

I'm sure that they can somehow breathe in that water. I'm pretty certain that Blitzball players don't have to hold their breath. And I completely forgot!...

Actually, my favourite non-FF game world to enter, would be the world of Silent Hill.

All your ideas are good. A bit too many RPGs for the non-FF games, but whatever floats your boat. :tongue:

Epiphany
01-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Silent Hill would have been one of my choices as well if not for the whole not wanting to get eaten by things 4 times my size part.

Samuraid
01-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Dn'i from the Myst series

KentaRawr!
01-19-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm sure that they can somehow breathe in that water. I'm pretty certain that Blitzball players don't have to hold their breath. And I completely forgot!

I was playing FFX, and one of the NPC's said something like this: "Blitzball players have to hold their breath for a long time, don't they?". Probably not the most correct quote, though. This memory is from over a year ago. :p

kikimm
01-20-2006, 12:59 AM
I don't think I want to go into any FF games. Blegh.

The only games that I'd want to visit are Silent Hill, and Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines. More the latter than the former, but you know.

XxSephirothxX
01-20-2006, 01:04 AM
I'd want to go somewhere with a really cool medieval-esque city, like FFIX or XII.

Besides, that, Shadow of the Colossus. That would be amazing.

xtreme112
01-20-2006, 01:10 AM
For an FF choice I'd say FFVIII, that world feels like the most livable world. I'd either want to be a SeeD for balamb garden, or have some cool job in Deling City, or even living in balamb would be nice

I can't even think of a choice two...

FinalCetra
01-20-2006, 02:55 AM
SH would be great, but yeah, I agree with that other guy...having things trying to eat you just doesn't sound fun.

And yes, blitzers hold their breath. One of the Aurochs says when you talk to them, that the best blitzers can hold their breath indefinatly.

Epiphany
01-20-2006, 03:05 AM
Ahh, androgyny.

Another choice of mine would be Clock Tower. Or all the scenes in Eternal Darkness. THAT would be awesome.

FinalCetra
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
ooh, or the world of Soul Callibur 3! I would LOVE to meet Xiangua (sp?) or Mitsurugi. Or Taki...Or...Sigfried....I LOVE his sword!

Shaun
01-20-2006, 09:56 AM
How about Project Zero? Now that would be creepy! And yeah, the risk of being eaten alive is a fair price to pay for being in such a supernatural, scary world, methinks.

NeoCracker
01-20-2006, 01:00 PM
FF IX and Xenosaga

Madame Adequate
01-20-2006, 08:45 PM
How about Project Zero? Now that would be creepy! And yeah, the risk of being eaten alive is a fair price to pay for being in such a supernatural, scary world, methinks.

That reminds me! It'd totally rock to be in the Deus Ex world.

Rostum
01-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Maybe FFIX's world. ^^;

Dn'i from the Myst series
Perfect. =)

Pauten
01-21-2006, 03:08 PM
My 1st choice would be, Middle Earth. The Shire is pretty and I would get to yell out "Mr. Frodo!":D ...Does that count? There have been games based on it.

My 2nd would have to be the world of Resident Evil...Jill Valentine! :love:

Vaprice
01-21-2006, 06:50 PM
poke'mon... hm
a winning eleven soccer game.
ooo and sly cooper game!

PramTheOracle
01-21-2006, 07:39 PM
I'd go to....
:quote: His world. :quote:

a nirvana fan
01-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I would go into FFX

Marluxiaswife
01-21-2006, 09:57 PM
I want to go in Spria,(FFX-2)
I don't want to look like myself there I want to look like Namine but at age 15 :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I'd go to....
:quote: His world. :quote:Rock on.

Stayin Dizzy
01-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Id Have to say chrono trigger would be my 1st choice (I'd say FF7, but that world ends up getting pretty thrashed/ then I'd say FF8 but I like summoning too much, I'd lose all my memories)

My second choice would be a tie between Star Ocean/tales of phantasia/and madden 2006...but only to visit madden I'd get sick of watching season after season with nothing else

Vyk
01-22-2006, 01:13 AM
If I have to pick a FF for my first choice, I'd say 7, deffinitely. But yeah, the world gets kinda messy. Oh well. My second choice would be Xenogears, except that the ending ties everything up almost too much. So I think KOTOR has it for me. Much better take on the Jedi mythos. None of that metichlorian(sp) crap. Just be a Force-weilding badass. And its not all that uncommon to turn your back on the order and go out and fall in love <3 :D I'll have a ship, a woman, a lightsaber, and lots of power... Man I'm lame.

Desi
01-22-2006, 03:41 AM
First Choice: FF VII, so I can practice with some materia. :cool:

Second Choice: Street Fighter II so I can make Chun Li become my master (of martial arts, of course.) :tongue:

Craig
01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
1. FFX I guess. Concidering all of the others have a world population of like, 100.

2. Sim City.