PDA

View Full Version : Funny moments in FFT

MogThief
01-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Have you experienced any funny moments in FFT? If so, post it here for everyone to see. Here are some of my funny moments: At the slums of Dorter, there was an archer at the very top of a building with the Longbow. When he lost most of his HP, but not in a critical condition, Delita threw a stone at him, knocking him off the ledge, killing him. It was hilarious.

My next funny moment is similar to the first one, but it was at the North Wall of Bethla Garrison. I knocked that Nanten archer off the castle with Throw Stone, making him fall to his death. If I could change the dialogue of that archer, I would have him say, "I never thought the Hokuten would ever attack at the front.....hmmm, now that you're here, let's see you try to knock ME off this castle with Throw Stone!"

My last funny moment happened at Dolbodar Swamp coming from Limberry Castle. There was a battle with Gobbledegucks and Morbols. I had Agrias use Holy Explosion on one of the Gobbledegucks, putting it in the confusion status. When its AT came, it used Goblin Punch on one of the Morbols. Well, it missed, and the Morbol countered, killing it. I was like, "Whoa, it killed its own boy!"

Angel of Death
01-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Well, once Olan Tackled the head honcho thug guy off the building where he fell to his death in the battle where he does his thing. I was like... BADASS! :eek:

JFA_bobguy
01-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I once fought at Bethla Garrison and counter-tackled a guy off the edge of the dam. The fall dealt over 100 damage. =D

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 07:13 AM
I haven't had any moments as hillariouse as those! But there is one...

In the battle where you fight the head of the Death Corps, the 2 wizards and the 2 or 3 archers, only 2 chars were left standing..Ramza and Delita. At the very top of the building (The really high one), the archer shot an arrow and slew one of my other unuts. (Hence Delita and Ramza being the last standing). Well, Delita used throw stone, and knocked him clear to the bottom, killing him. I loved it, it was great! Revenge by Delita!...If it were a movie, I would title it "When Delita Strikes Back!'

MogThief
01-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, once Olan Tackled the head honcho thug guy off the building where he fell to his death in the battle where he does his thing. I was like... BADASS! :eek:

I forgot all about what Olan did to that same mediator in one of my files. Instead of tackling that mediator off the cliff, his dictionary made a critical hit, knocking him off the ledge, killing him.

In the battle where you fight the head of the Death Corps, the 2 wizards and the 2 or 3 archers, only 2 chars were left standing..Ramza and Delita. At the very top of the building (The really high one), the archer shot an arrow and slew one of my other unuts. (Hence Delita and Ramza being the last standing). Well, Delita used throw stone, and knocked him clear to the bottom, killing him. I loved it, it was great! Revenge by Delita!...If it were a movie, I would title it "When Delita Strikes Back!'

What was the name of the battlefield where this happened?

dodhungry
01-21-2006, 11:53 PM
On one of my files I started off with everyone who had the chenage equipment ability and removed all thier weapons to gain extra xp and jp. Well, it came down to 3 vs the chemist on the building where the chemist usually stands. I punched him and of course he fell off. Then Ramza says " If you would have just gave up you would not have to have died this way" (something along those lines anyway). It was great.

conan
01-22-2006, 01:25 AM
it sounds like he's talking about the slums in Dorter.

Dark Messenger
01-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I have a few...

The second Zalmo battle once only lasted a few seconds. Delita used Lightning Stab and killed Zalmo on his first turn. He hasn't had Lightning Stab in that battle since...
So now I always check Delita's skills before doing anything else in that battle.

At Fovoham Plains, a random battle, I ran into some humans. Two wizards, a Knight, an Archer, and a Time Mage. The Time Mage was female and named Seth for some strange reason... I mostly had girls with Ribbons and Chantages in that fight, except Rad, he was a Knight and trying to master it. This battle wasn't too funny, but it was fun spending countless minutes stealing Thief Hats and an Ultimus Bow. And Magic Breaking the mages! Every one of the mages ended up with 0 MP!

So... does anyone else actually use Magic Break?

It comes in handy!

TurkSlayer
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Funniest moment EVER: When Malak got shot and died, and Rafa cried over his corpse.LOL, funniest moment ever!

Seriously, this game isn't very funny.

yuno
01-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Seriously, this game isn't very funny.
amen...^_^

Ziekfried
02-06-2006, 03:25 AM
YO! Pretty funny when that dude who's name I can't recall got tossed off Riovanes castle. But I spose turkslayer and yuno are right this game is not all that funny. It is possibly I think the most serious FF.

Baalirock
02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, knocking units off of ledges is always fun, especially when I'm not trying to do so. I also enjoy it when somebody attacks one of my units, misses, and is killed my my unit's Counter, always cool.

As for all around funny stuff though, my personal favorite would have to be the scene where you discover Worker 8. "Beat Mustadio up" and "Dance" had me laughing out loud the first time I saw it.

Gilthanes
02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Not really funny but.. kinda meh. In the first battle against Elmdor, , Elmdor got the first turn obviously, dropped a muramasa on Rafa for 90~ dmg, then after my ninjas turn (would run up and steal the barret from one of the assassins), Rafa insisted on being a hero and assaulting the assassins head on, Before Ramza could even move, the assassin would just turn and 1-shot Rafa and boom, battle lost. I tried like 10 times to steal that barret but each time I tried, Rafa would suicide, stupid girl :(

feioncastor
02-10-2006, 02:31 AM
YO! Pretty funny when that dude who's name I can't recall got tossed off Riovanes castle.
Duke Barinten.

Anyway, the funniest thing I've seen that you all have seen is:

"Defeat Dycedarg's Elder Brother"

Nice.

But a unique incident is when my friend decided to give FFT a try. Well, of course, he loved it. Who doesn't, amiright? So he got to Queklain and started doing some damage to the Lucavi bastard, when all of the sudden Queklain's "Nightmare" actually began to cripple his efforts. With only his unskilled knight actually in fair combat condition, he approached the beast, and was 3 spaces short of melee attack range. I was a seasoned FFT vet (having played it a good 10 or 11 times), so my friend said, "What the hell do I do? He's gonna kill my knight, and everyone else is either asleep or petrified", so I said, "Well, you're probably gonna lose. So have your knight use "Throw Stone" just to screw with him, then let him finish your knight off, then give it another shot, with a new strategy."

He used "Throw Stone", and it did 4 damage.

And killed Queklain.

Bendak
02-12-2006, 05:14 AM
Well, im only up to chapter 2, right after you meet some guy, Mustadio I think. The funniest parts so far were any part where Algus beat someone up, or when Delita dropped algus for talkin about teta. Man that was a great punch, he cocked back and everything.

MogThief
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
At Bethla Garrison's Sluice, have you ever tried placing some of your units at the front of the damn before Ramza pulls the switches? It's hilarious watching the water engulf your units and then not seem there after the water stops flowing out of the damn. When I go back to my formation, I'm like "Hey! How did you all get back so fast?!"

This one may not be funny to some people, but whenever Cloud's Finish Touch adds dead, I like to say, "Heh heh, it didn't do any damage; it just killed the enemy."

VorpalCyberWolf
03-13-2006, 06:02 AM
This one time I was in Zirekile Falls with Orlandu and I think I had Rad, Lavian and Alicia at the top of the waterfall while I was lvling Cloud. I sent Orlandu to take care of most of the units at the bottom, (a couple skeletons, a couple mindflares and a pisco demon) Well anyway, while Orlandu was kicking ass he got Mind Blasted By a Mind flare and was put in the confuse status. Well when his AT came he walked over to one of the skeletons and used an Elixer on it, killing it instantly. I was like "Geez... hes a badass even when hes confused..."

It's funny cause I had a similar things happen in other FF games too.

NeoCracker
03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
When I was playing one time I was at that save algus mission. This is what happened in chronological order.

Algus attacks guy in front of him.
Thief critical hits Algus and moves.
Squire by algus criticals hits him and moves.
One of the squires to the left moves towards algus and throws a stone killing him. Good times, since i hate him and all.

Gilthanes
03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
lol that exact same thing happened to me on my very first time ever playing. Because I had chosen the response to Save Algus, and when he died before I could even move, and got the game over screen, I was like wtf how do you beat that!?

Then I reloaded and chose the other response, he didnt die anyways, and i won the battle. I was like ?!?!!?:confused:

NeoCracker
03-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Seeing him die is worht the game over.

Lost Number
03-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Getting myself worked up to fight some sttory battle, then getting pwned without dealing a SINGLE point of damage

migi1999
07-17-2011, 07:06 AM
1) bomb exploded.
it did 1 damage,and I was like,"geez,even rafa can do more damage to celia and lede than that!"
2)confused chemist threw an elixir on a bone snatch.INSTANT KILL. lol ^-^
3) in goug,I tried to save mustadio.but he went RIGHT INTO THE FACE of one of my enemies.but then my enemies COMPLETELY ignored him I was like WTF?! ?_?
4)last,enemy great morbol used that.....morbol spore....thing......and it hit,it turned my morbol into a morbol.huh. -_-

G13
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
migi1999, this thread is nearly 6 years old. Generally, 3-4 months is too old to post in. If you would still like to share these funny moments, and have others share theirs, you are welcome to make a new thread. :)