PDA

View Full Version : Who watches Lost

darkchrono
01-18-2006, 03:10 AM
How many 'Lost' watchers do we have in this forum.

This is one of the most addictive shows I have ever seen. And it just keeps getting better and better and better. It won the Grammy for best drama for a television show last night.

And the way they have things set up it looks like they are going to have alot of good storylines for a very long time to come.

Lindy
01-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Man, I hated Lost when it first came out, but after like, five episodes or so I was really into it.

Freakin' scary.

Sadly, Invasion isn't having the same effect on me so far, though it does look interesting.

Leeza
01-18-2006, 03:14 AM
I watch Lost regularly. I'm awaiting eagerly for the explaination of that Smoke Monster...and of course, can't forget the weekly Sawyer fix. :cat:

Invasion does have an almost equal effect on me since I don't miss that either.

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:14 AM
I watched all 24 episodes of Season 1 over a three-day span around Christmas, then downloaded season 2.

I'm as addicted as anyone, though I fear that with the total amount of storylines going on, the writers are just cocking guns to keep the excitement up without the intention of ever firing them.

Leeza
01-18-2006, 03:17 AM
That is starting to worry me a bit. Suddenly a bit too many storylines, but as long as they all lead somewhere, all should be okay.

Lindy
01-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Oh and as a kind request, can people not post any kind of spoilers for Season 2, as myself and other people in England won't see it until spring.

Though knowing me I bet I'll snap and download it or buy it on DVD or something.

Miriel
01-18-2006, 03:22 AM
We have one of these threads, at least once a month. :p

I loved the first season of Lost. This second season is annoying me though. It's taking on the Alias syndrome which is when mystery after mystery and question after question is asked, but no answers are given. It's incredibly frustrating.

J.J. ABRAMS, can you please focus on one project at a time?

Lindy
01-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Alias was good, but I lost track of it around the whole Rimbaldi book, wtf she was the prophecy?

Didn't help that it changed channels, and then changed time from 8pm saturdays to 2am tuesdays.

Miriel
01-18-2006, 03:28 AM
J.J Abrams stuck with Alias through it's second season. The 2nd season of Alias was godly. He then moved onto Lost. Alias fell to ruin.

He stuck with Lost for the first season. The first season of Lost was phenomenal. He then left to go direct Mission Impossible III. Lost has become stagnated.

Come back J.J. :(

Lindy
01-18-2006, 03:31 AM
ogod, Mission Impossible III?

More like Mission ITSTOTALLYGONNASUCKLAWL.

And the more I hear about season 2, the less I'm looking forward to it =(

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:33 AM
ogod, Mission Impossible III?

More like Mission ITSTOTALLYGONNASUCKLAWL.

And the more I hear about season 2, the less I'm looking forward to it =(
I personally like it just as much as I did Season 1. I understand why other people wouldn't, but that's their preference.

Leeza
01-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Season 2 is still a great season.

Lindy
01-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Channel 4 did like, this preview thing, where they flashed up a buncha random scenes and really tried to build tension.

Whole buncha it was very "WTF?" like...Jin speaking English? I do wanna watch it, just to see what's happened, they left it so up in the air in the last episode.

The hatch, the raft, walt's kidnap, the others and the black smoke, TOO MUCH TO MISS.

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Channel 4 did like, this preview thing, where they flashed up a buncha random scenes and really tried to build tension.

Whole buncha it was very "WTF?" like...Jin speaking English? I do wanna watch it, just to see what's happened, they left it so up in the air in the last episode.

The hatch, the raft, walt's kidnap, the others and the black smoke, TOO MUCH TO MISS.
Jin speaking English? I missed that. I thought he said some things in Exodus Part 2 (Season 1 finale), but I didn't think he had ever spoken it in Season 2.

Leeza
01-18-2006, 03:40 AM
I think he's starting to understand more English, but I don't think I've heard him say more than a few basic words. His wife speaks English very well. Don't remember her name at the moment.

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:41 AM
I think he's starting to understand more English, but I don't think I've heard him say more than a few basic words. His wife speaks English very well. Don't remember her name at the moment.
Sun.

The only thing I remember him saying is "OTHERS! OTHERS!" to Michael and Sawyer on the beach.

Miriel
01-18-2006, 03:42 AM
There was a dream sequence in which Jin was shown speaking perfect english (Daniel Day Kim of course was raised in America, so that's not a big deal) but that sequence happened entirely in a dream.

The greatest annoyance in Season 2 is Ana Lucia who is just a horrible horrible character. But Mr. Eko makes up for that a bit. I have lots of Eko love.

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:44 AM
There was a dream sequence in which Jin was shown speaking perfect english (Daniel Day Kim of course was raised in America, so that's not a big deal) but that sequence happened entirely in a dream.

The greatest annoyance in Season 2 is Ana Lucia who is just a horrible horrible character. But Mr. Eko makes up for that a bit. I have lots of Eko love.
Right. That was in 'Everybody Hates Hugo' with Hurley in the pantry. That's probably what it was. I had forgotten.

And yeah, Ana Lucia sucks. But she'll probably be written off for awhile because of her DUI. Her and Libby. Not that Libby sucks, but that she'll be written off for her DUI.

Miriel
01-18-2006, 03:45 AM
I like Libby. :(

Leeza
01-18-2006, 03:47 AM
What DUI? And why with Libby?

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:51 AM
What DUI? And why with Libby?
Spoiler (kinda): <a href="http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1202053lost1.html">Here</a> is a link to the article about it.

Miriel
01-18-2006, 03:51 AM
Both actresses, Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia) and Cynthia Watros (Libby) were arrested for DUI while driving in Hawaii.

Is this considered a spoiler? It involves their personal life moreso than the storyline of Lost, although it is kinda connected.

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:53 AM
Well, I figured that Lindy doesn't know who those people are. I didn't read the whole article, but figured that it might have mentioned their character names or something that he might have not wanted to know. :o

Leeza
01-18-2006, 03:56 AM
I don't see why this would have any affect on their acting. They can take a taxi to the studio. Although I don't like Ana Luica either so I don't care if she gets written off.

darkchrono
01-18-2006, 03:57 AM
I personally think season 2 is even better than season 1 is. Yes you may get frustrated with them taking there sweet old time answering questions. But all in all I think there is alot more going on and alot more action than there was in season 1.

Also it is extremely interesting seeing how the characters are developing.

Kirobaito
01-18-2006, 03:57 AM
I don't see why this would have any affect on their acting. They can take a taxi to the studio. Although I don't like Ana Luica either so I don't care if she gets written off.
This is Rodriguez's second DUI charge. I wouldn't be surprised if she got jail time.

Del Murder
01-18-2006, 03:58 AM
I watch it. It's ok. The African dude is the best character, followed by the scruffy guy.

Miriel
01-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Eko and Swayer, Tony! Learn the names. :p

Del Murder
01-18-2006, 06:20 AM
I know their names. I like it better this way. African guy, scruffy dude, black guy, little kid, hot doctor, Locke (his name is cool), fugitive chick, baby mama, Pippin, Korean guy, Korean lady, angry girl, timid girl, black lady, old guy, fat guy.

Miriel
01-18-2006, 06:25 AM
MERRY!

MERRY! You know it's MERRY NOT PIPPEN!

You're doing this just to taunt me.

Del Murder
01-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Sam was on 24 last night. Did you see it?

Miriel
01-18-2006, 06:27 AM
No, I was watching Tristan and Isolde.

Del Murder
01-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Oh. He plays a total dickhead. It was awesome. Anyway, this is a Lost topic. Perhaps I should start a 24 topic.

eestlinc
01-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I'm lost...

look_out_below
01-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I saw all the first season but have not seen any of the second, due to the fact i no longer have a TV (i miss you TV). I was incrediably addicted to the first season and when the ended the first season the way they did i was quick to shout out a long line of profanities (because the only thing i hate more then a cliffhanger, is when you know you are not going to see the conclusion of that cliffhanger for a long time). Oh quick question has Sawyer run out of cigarrettes yet? He seems to have had an endless supply of them in the first season.

darkchrono
01-19-2006, 12:52 AM
The season 2 dvd should be coming out this summer. So just get one of those copies and you will be all caught up with season 2 by the time season 3 starts in September. Hopefully you will have a t.v. by then.

I think the series will go about six seasons.

~SapphireStar~
01-19-2006, 01:51 AM
I did, but then I got bored with it. My boyfriend is sticking with it and 24.

smittenkitten
01-19-2006, 09:21 AM
I can't believe the last episode to the series!! I'm shocked what's in the hatch!?? IM SO LOST! :smash:

Mittopotahis
01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
I basically don't watch any TV anymore. Apart from Family Guy, which is on once a week, and also (when it comes back on) Rove Live.

Lost i found interesting, but it just lost me about 5 episodes in. I don't like it.