PDA

View Full Version : Match Point

Miriel
01-18-2006, 07:57 AM
So many pretty pretty people! I have to admit, I think Scarlett Johanson is pretty hot, and she really was what drew me into this movie.

I always thought Woody Allen was a bit overrated but I think he did an amazing job with Match Point. The thing about this movie is that I was so conflicted at the end.

How the hell this I manage to end up liking the main character but at the same time hating and despising him? That's amazing directing right there.

I still can't figure out my thoughts about the ending. Incredibly conflicted, I am. Another thing that was kinda jolting was the fact that as everything begins to unravel, things begin to become more and more absurd. I thing by the end, a lot of the scenes are tongue in cheek, but I can't really be sure. I can't be sure of anything.

I though Scarlett Johanson and Jonathan Rhys Meyers were both really great in this film.

I really recommend this film, it was incredibly thought-provoking and sexy as hell.

Breine
01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
I want to go see this movie sometime, but mostly because Scarlett Johansson is one of my favourite actresses. Woody Allen is also talented, though.