PDA

View Full Version : gau's rage list.

charchar
01-18-2006, 06:03 PM
so i have the anthology 6, and there are 255 rages for gau. i'm pretty sure, if i remember my system file correctly (ps2 = my room on the second floor, computer = basement. i'm not going to check) anyway, since 255 is the maximum number of anything ever in final fantasy 6 there are probably not more than 255 enemies.
it sort of implies that he can get Kefka's rage in both forms and possibly the dancing mad parts (flare star would be one kick ass ability). plainly this isn't true because, it's just not, but i've seen bosses on the veldt, like the dragons. i had a point, but... ok, nevermind, it's back.

for those who have smoked the game in its entirety, what is the highest number of rages you've had for gau?
i don't usually build him up for the same reason i don't use mog's dances, i am a big magic abuser and need to be able to control my characters. but anyway. that is my question, what's the highest number of rages you guys have had for gau?

The Man
01-18-2006, 08:05 PM
I think there are only 252 rages that can be obtained for Gau without gamesharking/whatever. My old rages list is up on the eoff site somewhere.

starseeker
01-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I heard there were 3 enemies you couldn't get rages for. Having 255 enemies makes sense though, its a commonly used number in FF games (max strength stat). 255 is FF in hexadecimal, the highest 8-bit number, apparently, I'll need to check though but I think that's it.

yuno
01-21-2006, 01:30 PM
actually,gau has 256 rages.there's rage #00 (hexadecimal),so when you count from zero to 255,you get 256 (zero is first,one is second,two is third...255 is 256th) rages.in the menu,the last rage is left blank,but it is actually the enemy "pugs" (no,not the enemy "pug").it cannot be selected as an available rage.of the 255 left,3 are unaccessible:ziegfried,chupon and allo ver.so that means the available UNCHEATED rages for gau is only 252.

and to answer your question,i have completed all 252.don't ask how long it took.^_^

EDIT:The enemies in ffvi does exceed 255.There are enemies without rages (e.g. proto armor).of the 8 dragons,only the white dragon is in the veldt,and is therefore,the only one with a rage.and though you cannot have kefka's rage,you can have the flare star ability through the io rage (not sure).i am sure though,that there is a rage whose ability is flare star nd i have used it.so coooool...