PDA

View Full Version : select+ cancel bug?

charchar
01-18-2006, 06:10 PM
i just read in the ff1 forum about a selct+ cancel bug in ff2... they made it sound like it's in origins, too...

what is it, if i may ask?

Zeromus_X
01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
im no computer expert, but i guess that its a programming mistake that counts you as using a spell or attack as long as you use it on an enemy, cancel back to that person, and re-select a target. itll count towards you using it. so naturally, this makes levelling up alot easier. (and i still dont see why people complain about ffii being hard with this trick...)

after a few hours, you should be levelled up supremely! (though some people dont feel like spending that much time attacking and cancelling...can't blame 'em.)

even worse is the swap trick. use it on a weak enemy, and all your attributes level up. (non-weapon and spell ones of course.)

with so many ways to manipulate the system, ffii isnt hard at all to level up at, so i always laugh a little when people complain about it. (though you dont get swap until mysidia, still.)

well, thats what the attack cancel bug is. nifty, huh? :cat: :choc2:

(and yes, its in origins. not sure about DoS, but it is in origins.)

Captain Maxx Power
01-18-2006, 11:42 PM
It's not in DoS.

DJZen
01-19-2006, 12:07 AM
You don't need it in DoS. It's easy enough without it.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
01-19-2006, 01:48 AM
I try to avoid cheating tricks like that...

DJZen
01-19-2006, 10:45 PM
It was more of a necessity in the NES version, although even that seems to me like it might have been a perceptual thing from people's lack of understanding about the game's mechanics.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
01-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Not really, I'm up to Dist and I have not cheated...

Fireblade13
01-20-2006, 09:12 PM
It's not a cheat and like DJ says its neccesity in FF2 to do things u normally wouldn't

in a regular RPG like attack ur self and heal on the next turn, or casting a spell that is

bound to fail in order to level it up so it might just work. Swap has no true

meaningexept for brains to use it and for u to use it and jack up ur skill. I'm impacient

so the select-cancel trick never caught on with me.

Mirage
01-20-2006, 09:16 PM
You can still attack yourself in DoS though, and that alone makes it easy.

DJZen
01-22-2006, 03:26 AM
No the point of Swap is that if one character is low on HP & MP they can easily refill both. It just happens to have a nifty side effect of boosting stats. I don't use it myself, though.