PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Mad, which game is in?

Duncan
01-18-2006, 07:10 PM
I've got pretty much all of the OST's for FF and the other day on some forum posting, someone mentioned the track 'Dancing Mad' and the awesomeness of it. Since i couldn't remember what it was I went to go listen to it but couldn't find it. Which game was it in, and are there any alternative names for it that might help me find it my collection. This is really important becuase it's driving me insane that some mentioned a track that I can't locate in my collection.

SeeDRankLou
01-18-2006, 07:18 PM
FFVI. I believe it's the third from last song on the soundtrack, and I've never heard it called another name. The Black Mages also do a decent rendition of it on their first album.

Duncan
01-18-2006, 07:21 PM
*Slaps his forehead*

Duh, there it is. I thought it was in VI but when i scanned throught the list of tracks i didn't see it. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

KoShiatar
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Look for the Black Mages version. It's really good.

The Man
01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
The only thing that irks me about the Black Mages version is they don't repeat each theme before going onto the next one, but it's still excellent.

A more accurate translation would have been "Wild Dance of the Ominous Star," but good luck figuring out what that's supposed to mean :monster:

Prancing Mad
01-21-2006, 06:42 PM
THE BM version bugs me 'cause it doesn't have all the proper transitions, which was what made it so awesome at the time. The way it meshed together all four of the actually seperate pieces of the tune. Mind you the 4th part (for obvious reasons) was not meshed together with the 3rd. The BM do mesh the 3rd and 4th parts together, which is good.

charchar
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
i wish they'd repeated the 4th part of it, that one is by far the best part of most songs ever.

Ishin Ookami
01-30-2006, 06:21 AM
while the black mage version is pretty fun, I prefer the original. I guess its just the nostalgia factor but I still feel kinda tingly hearing the church bells the rang when kefka descended in his full dark godhood and started ranting about destroying dreams, hope, love and life.